NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAP and as usual they will say that the AD had a hearing. THE END. nothing worth reading has been reported in a year. it is the hush hush case.
MO...My very strong opinion.

Why all the SPECIAL treatment for this AD?????
Other pregnant killers go through hearings and trials..............

Looks that way.
I've got to run but will try to catch the local news tonight. They're bound to get some shots of AD which will at the very least clear up some questions about her pregnancy.
If you ever get clear with this case, please let me know.
I am very unclear from start to finish.
the only thing that is clear is that it is ALL under a radar. :furious:
given the nature of this case it should all be LOUD AND CLEAR so it would stop someone somewhere from thinking that they can get away with it.
so far I dont see enough evidence of punishment - with the exception of MAM it looks like they all got a pass. Yes
I am including the AD, because A) she should be in jail now. B) she should be charged with helping MAM to murder.:furious:

If you ever get clear with this case, please let me know.
I am very unclear from start to finish.
the only thing that is clear is that it is ALL under a radar. :furious:
given the nature of this case it should all be LOUD AND CLEAR so it would stop someone somewhere from thinking that they can get away with it.
so far I dont see enough evidence of punishment - with the exception of MAM it looks like they all got a pass. Yes I am including the AD, because A) she should be in jail now. B) she should be charged with helping MAM to murder.:furious:

I guess I'm not entirely sure what you are unclear on, but I'll try to help with what I can.
AD is not in jail because she made bail when bail was set and she has not yet been to trial. There was no hush hush at the time- in fact they even released the address she was released from custody to, which is not typical. They have since released several other addresses where AD has stayed since making bail.
The injustice I see so far is that her bail was set so low that she was able to meet it.

The reason why she is not being charged with 'helping' MAM to murder is, IMO, because they cannot charge MAM with kidnapping and murder in the first degree (which he is presumably guilty of and has allegedly confessed to) and also charge AD with murder in the first degree because they have no evidence that AD knew MAM would murder Shaniya. They only have evidence that she knew MAM would buy and rape Shaniya. They have to pick and choose their felonies so that both will get the highest sentence possible in NC.
So instead they are charging AD with the felony crimes of human trafficking and felony child abuse which carry the possibility of life.
This, IMOO, is so that MAM will get the death penalty and AD will get life without possibility of parole.

Do I think it is right that this is the way our legal and penal system work? No. But I do not think it is corroboration in any way to hush this case.

Again, I reiterate- people around here have not forgotten Shaniya, and they have not forgotten that justice is slow coming in this case. But until these two evil ones have had their day in court, we will not know if justice has been had.

I live, love, and respect the United States of America.
I believe in the premise of "innocent until proven guilty." That premise requires the accused see their day in court. The right to a speedy trial is usually enforced by defense, not prosecution....and that in and of itself says something to me.

I guess I'm not entirely sure what you are unclear on, but I'll try to help with what I can.
AD is not in jail because she made bail when bail was set and she has not yet been to trial. There was no hush hush at the time- in fact they even released the address she was released from custody to, which is not typical. They have since released several other addresses where AD has stayed since making bail.
The injustice I see so far is that her bail was set so low that she was able to meet it.

The reason why she is not being charged with 'helping' MAM to murder is, IMO, because they cannot charge MAM with kidnapping and murder in the first degree (which he is presumably guilty of and has allegedly confessed to) and also charge AD with murder in the first degree because they have no evidence that AD knew MAM would murder Shaniya. They only have evidence that she knew MAM would buy and rape Shaniya. They have to pick and choose their felonies so that both will get the highest sentence possible in NC.
So instead they are charging AD with the felony crimes of human trafficking and felony child abuse which carry the possibility of life.
This, IMOO, is so that MAM will get the death penalty and AD will get life without possibility of parole.

Do I think it is right that this is the way our legal and penal system work? No. But I do not think it is corroboration in any way to hush this case.

Again, I reiterate- people around here have not forgotten Shaniya, and they have not forgotten that justice is slow coming in this case. But until these two evil ones have had their day in court, we will not know if justice has been had.

I believe in the premise of "innocent until proven guilty." That premise requires the accused see their day in court. The right to a speedy trial is usually enforced by defense, not prosecution....and that in and of itself says something to me.

Great post!!!! I totally agree.

IMO there is no "hush hush" here or sweeping things under a rug.

The fact they keep continueing her case is very frustrating but we don't know why. It could be the state is requesting more time. It could be the other way around. WE DONT KNOW!

I feel much better now that the news station responded to my email. They were there to cover the hearing and any break in the case. I'm confident that when there is action, it will be reported.

It is a great post with many great points. I am not here to argue but I am not here to stick my head in the sand either.
and there are things we cant talk about here so I do it elsewhere...
I do believe it is a hushed case.
just for a moment think of all the hearings that DID happen and were not reported on, postponed, not much happened, etc....Slow is an understatement.
the one this week was postponed because we would see NO BELLY and the public would want the child safe and Carry on....rightfully so. oh! and the addresses they made public about her whereabouts, they kept changing because that is just a musical chair game it is because they dont want to give out where she is staying for her safety so they play musical chairs with us...Oh1 great They were so forthcoming and gave her address...Whoopee!
Yes her bail was set low and I cant see it as an oversight.

It is a great post with many great points. I am not here to argue but I am not here to stick my head in the sand either.
and there are things we cant talk about here so I do it elsewhere...
I do believe it is a hushed case.
just for a moment think of all the hearings that DID happen and were not reported on, postponed, not much happened, etc....Slow is an understatement.
the one this week was postponed because we would see NO BELLY and the public would want the child safe and Carry on....rightfully so. oh! and the addresses they made public about her whereabouts, they kept changing because that is just a musical chair game it is because they dont want to give out where she is staying for her safety so they play musical chairs with us...Oh1 great They were so forthcoming and gave her address...Whoopee!
Yes her bail was set low and I cant see it as an oversight.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.
I just want to make note of one aspect of your post, which is the releasing of AD's address.
AD may keep changing her address in order to keep herself safe, but she is not under protection from LE in the community. Media just releases it as it is made known to them.
Many people in the community are aware of her physical location- it's no secret, in fact. I believe that because she has been named a suspect in this case, I could in fact publish that here- is that correct mods?

But I elect not to, because I do not believe in vigilante justice- no matter how heinous the crime- and I truly believe that is a sincere threat in this case.

MOO.

Everyone is certainly entitled to their opinion.I just want to make note of one aspect of your post, which is the releasing of AD's address.
AD may keep changing her address in order to keep herself safe, but she is not under protection from LE in the community. Media just releases it as it is made known to them.
Many people in the community are aware of her physical location- it's no secret, in fact. I believe that because she has been named a suspect in this case, I could in fact publish that here- is that correct mods?

But I elect not to, because I do not believe in vigilante justice- no matter how heinous the crime- and I truly believe that is a sincere threat in this case.

MOO.
BBM Right again :) and I am not changing my opinion. :no:
NOR am I censoring my thoughts.
There are many with the same opinion as mine...MANY.

sigh. We haven't forgotten sweet little angel baby. We will not ever.

Why all the SPECIAL treatment for this AD?????
Other pregnant killers go through hearings and trials..............

BEST QUESTION !!!
No answer :(

NOT FAIR!
NOT RIGHT!
NOT JUST!
NOT AMERICAN!
NOT HONEST!

BEST QUESTION !!!
No answer :(

NOT FAIR!
NOT RIGHT!
NOT JUST!
NOT AMERICAN!
NOT HONEST!

songline, I truly do appreciate your opinion, thoughts, and passion for justice for Shaniya.

Could you explain what you think should be done to facilitate more and quicker justice within the process? Actual actions that you think we could do in the community to expedite justice for Shaniya?

Thanks- and strength everywhere, to all our children out there surviving in the midst of this horrible crime.

songline, I truly do appreciate your opinion, thoughts, and passion for justice for Shaniya.

Could you explain what you think should be done to facilitate more and quicker justice within the process? Actual actions that you think we could do in the community to expedite justice for Shaniya?

Thanks- and strength everywhere, to all our children out there surviving in the midst of this horrible crime.

I am not very sure that the community at large can do very much. REPORTERS CAN !!! Because public opinion is worth its weght in gold.!!!
I do believe that because NC (that area particularly) has spent many millions to build new condominiums and shopping malls their attention is in filling them up and creating more revenues.
Any talk of this type of a case would keep many people at bay, and they want many to relocate there.

I wish reporters would report and not be caught up in the political machine.
I wish they would put the "AD" in jail where other mothers who would sell their kid into prostitution reside.
I wish they would not allow her father to be a public speaker at all.
I wish they would stop to postpone and postpone in the hopes that the case would be diluted with time.
I wish they would hang her and MAM from a tree, allowing the town to come and call them every name they deserve to be called. YES I AM MAD AS *ELL.... :furious:

Because of this case I am walking in behalf of trafficked Children this October 3rd in NYC...YES I do put my actions where my mouth is, and gave a donation too.
The walk is being held Nationally. And if I see Brad there I will launch at the nearest microphone. Yes I will....

http://www.sctnow.org/contentpages....pageguid=0d6f3564-95b6-44c2-8055-ae864fc08730

I am not very sure that the community at large can do very much. REPORTERS CAN !!! Because public opinion is worth its weght in gold.!!!
I do believe that because NC (that area particularly) has spent many millions to build new condominiums and shopping malls their attention is in filling them up and creating more revenues.Any talk of this type of a case would keep many people at bay, and they want many to relocate there.

I wish reporters would report and not be caught up in the political machine.
I wish they would put the "AD" in jail where other mothers who would sell their kid into prostitution reside.
I wish they would not allow her father to be a public speaker at all.
I wish they would stop to postpone and postpone in the hopes that the case would be diluted with time.
I wish they would hang her and MAM from a tree, allowing the town to come and call them every name they deserve to be called. YES I AM MAD AS *ELL.... :furious:

Because of this case I am walking in behalf of trafficked Children this October 3rd in NYC...YES I do put my actions where my mouth is, and gave a donation too.
The walk is being held Nationally. And if I see Brad there I will launch at the nearest microphone. Yes I will....

http://www.sctnow.org/contentpages....pageguid=0d6f3564-95b6-44c2-8055-ae864fc08730

Thanks.

Do you have a link/stats for this info? The only specific growth I am aware of is incoming military, and building/adding/renovating on Bragg and at Pope to accomodate that.

I guess more what I meant was... how do you feel the community can help change the laws that exist, that protect the innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by their peers?

Thanks.

Do you have a link/stats for this info? The only specific growth I am aware of is incoming military, and building/adding/renovating on Bragg and at Pope to accomodate that.

I guess more what I meant was... how do you feel the community can help change the laws that exist, that protect the innocent until proven guilty in a court of law by their peers?

WNC is growing big time...specially Buncombe county

Thanks.

That thread is in one of the very early parts of this story.
I am not going to look for it now. We have so many many threads on Shaniya by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth