Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Who would even care about something minor? Something bigger is going on, I mean who would waste their time on something like that, why would that be an issue now? And plus, we dont even know if thats the case, what could a other for instance be? I mean, time is not calculated by an absent minded clerk counting on her abbacus, its all computer generated!

Another example of an error could be when they tallied up Ron's scoresheet. His scores included past arrests and for the one charge he had that carried only a 3-year minimum mandatory, he was sentenced to 7 years 16 days. That was because the scoresheet would not allow for a sentence less than 7 years 16 days. If there was a mathematical error on the scoresheet, this Motion is what would be filed to correct it. The fact that all three cases are involved leads me to believe it is not about that 7-year sentence and how it was computed, though.

If it is about this, his sentence might be reduced on that charge...however, it would not change his release date because all his sentences run concurrent. If it is about an error in the credit given for time served, it would change his release date but only by a few days or a week, or whatever the error is.

Nothing about his sentences appear illegal so, IMO, this is probably about a clerical or mathematical error. The only other thing I can think of is as part of his plea deal, Ron was required to plead GUILTY on his remaining charges. It's possible he is now having second thoughts about agreeing to that, because a GUILTY plea leaves him with no room for appeal.

I do not want anything more to go in Ron's favor. Ron was at one time more concenred over where his "chains" were (remember his purrrty necklaces??) than the whereabouts of his missing child. Ronald Cummings deserves no consideration of any kind, IMO. I don't believe he murdered his daughter but I believe her demise is entirely his fault and I am outraged that he only got 15years. I don't want him to get out even one day early.

But, if he took a plea deal, which he did, can you appeal that? I mean, wouldnt the danger of the 25 maximums be in danger of being put on the table?

I pray to God that they have found out that some of the information he had given was untruthful and they are going to throw the book at him, But I realize that he and his family can pull stings in Putnam County so it will likely be just the opposite of my hope.....Where is poor little Haleigh Cummings.

SCAN0028.jpg

SCAN0029.jpg

SCAN0030.jpg

SCAN0031.jpg

SCAN0032.jpg

I went to the court house today and got a copy of the motion that RC filed....Can be viewed here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94620&page=16

Thank you, thank you, thank you GER!

So, we have our answer. Ron filed the Motion pro se (on his own without attorney) saying that since the crimes were committed in Putnam County, a state prosecutor did not have jurisdiction.

At least, that's how I read it.

Also, he insists the laws allow for all three offenses to be charged as one crime.

Again, that's how I am reading it.

I went to the court house today and got a copy of the motion that RC filed....Can be viewed here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94620&page=16

Thank you so much, this is great!!

After skimming over them, if he does get out he can probably get a job writing motions for Jose Baez.

Off to read them again and give myself a headache to see if I think he has a leg to stand on. If he does manage to weasel out of this, I will take back every good and defensive thing I have said about the court systems in PC and SJC. I will also seriously consider personally filing a bar complaint against whatever attorneys messed this up.

Ron just doesn't quit does he? Too bad he isn't fighting as hard for the truth and justice when it comes to his daugher as he is for his own freedom from prison! Irritates the you know what out of me!

Did he really write that himself? Pretty impressive research. What happened to Shoemaker?

Ron just doesn't quit does he? Too bad he isn't fighting as hard for the truth and justice when it comes to his daugher as he is for his own freedom from prison! Irritates the you know what out of me!

I was thinking the same thing! Ron could not be bothered to petiiton for justice for his little girl but look at him go when he feels he didn't get justice! He's a !@&$&^# [unusual person], for sure!

Did he really write that himself? Pretty impressive research. What happened to Shoemaker?

Um...he had help. They call them "jailhouse lawyers."

Ron is probably sharing a cage with one.

I brought the document down it is a couple of posts above. It moves by time stamp at WS. So it is above for easier reach for you peeps. :)

How about...

If the state prosecutor did not have authority to bring Ron to justice on the three charges Ron was sentenced for....then that same state prosecutor did not have authority to offer a plea deal that dropped two more serious charges.

If the sentences are set aside for lack of jurisdiction, the plea agreement should be set aside for the same reason.

FAIR IS FAIR, RON!

How about...

If the state prosecutor did not have authority to bring Ron to justice on the three charges Ron was sentenced for....then that same state prosecutor did not have authority to offer a plea deal that dropped two more serious charges.

If the sentences are set aside for lack of jurisdiction, the plea agreement should be set aside for the same reason.

FAIR IS FAIR, RON!

I'm trying to post here, but I have so many cusswords flying out of my mouth I can't concentrate.

I hope you're right. It makes sense, but that doesn't always seem to matter when it comes to court rules.

I just thought of something else. Maybe it's a State Prosecutor because this sting was done by Florida Dept. of Law Enforcement instead of Putnam County.

I'm trying to post here, but I have so many cusswords flying out of my mouth I can't concentrate.

I hope you're right. It makes sense, but that doesn't always seem to matter when it comes to court rules.

Lanie, I don't know if I'm right or not. I'm just spouting off cuz I'm pizzed.

Reality is, everyone of them went through the courts with the state prosecutor at the helm...the players, WBG, Nay, and countless others who have been sentenced through the court system there. I don't think Ron has a leg to stand on but I would not be a bit surprised if someone "in authority" there in Putnam County did not put a bug in his ear prior to his pleas on the drug charges.

I supposed I should not say anymore on this because I truly am just spouting off and I don't want anyone assuming I am stating facts.

Does anyone think this looks like a woman's/girl's handwriting.
TN or just a girlfriend maybe?
Someone who has access to computer research, but perhaps not a wordprocessor?

Looks to me RC didn't write this. Someone who has a backward slant to their printing did and RC signed it and printed his name looks more forward. I am not a handwriting analyst but looking at it in general there is a difference in the printing.

Does anyone think this looks like a woman's/girl's handwriting.
TN or just a girlfriend maybe?
Someone who has access to computer research, but perhaps not a wordprocessor?

The same thought crossed my mind. It's possible it was written outside prison and mailed to Ron to sign and forward to the court to be filed but I doubt it. I think it was written in prison, maybe not by Ron but by someone who helped him. I believe the inmates have access to a library for research.

I have prepared and filed a legal document dealing with changing my name on a property deed after marriage. All I did was go to the library, get a copy of what I needed, fill in the blanks with the proper information, (like the last page filed with Ron's motion) had it notarized and filed it at the courthouse. This was before the internet age and I was not going to pay a lawyer's office hundreds of dollars for preparing a simple legal doucment. The documents can now be found online to copy.

If this document was prepared outside of prison I don't think it would be handwritten. I guess the inmates don't even have access to an old typewriter!

JMO

Lanie, I don't know if I'm right or not. I'm just spouting off cuz I'm pizzed.

Reality is, everyone of them went through the courts with the state prosecutor at the helm...the players, WBG, Nay, and countless others who have been sentenced through the court system there. I don't think Ron has a leg to stand on but I would not be a bit surprised if someone "in authority" there in Putnam County did not put a bug in his ear prior to his pleas on the drug charges.

I supposed I should not say anymore on this because I truly am just spouting off and I don't want anyone assuming I am stating facts.

I didn't see anything in Winter v. State about double jeopardy, so if he does manage to pull this off, I hope it's a case where the state can recharge him, bring back the two dropped charges, and laugh in his face about a plea agreement. Then he can have his 25 years just like everyone else.

Don't know if it matters but, do we know where Ron's pills that he sold were from? Florida? or Out-of-State?

Was Ron involved in the Donna transaction? I can't remember.

Ron must be having fun thinking he can outsmart the system. Shoemaker would have already figured this out, IMO.

Jurisdictionary prosecutorial rules are rather basic, after all...

It's interesting that Ron is focused on jurisdiction, considering the fact that the only time he's had difficulty with PC charges is the time the state/feds were involved...

This was a sting, right? LE & prosecutors knew exactly what they were doing.

LOL ... I'm talking myself into being not worried 'bout it. :no:

Thanks Ger for getting the copies to us so quickly! :blowkiss:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie