ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge;INTERPOL alert #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
You also seem to assume the only reason to watch the video is PLEASURE OR AMUSEMENT but there are many, many other reasons for watching that video, be creative and you will realize that.

respectfully snipped by me-

Interesting you should use the word creative. I'd love to hear your creative reasons for wanting the right to witness this poor mans degradation other than for twisted pleasure or fun? I mean I understand why a jury needs to see it or LE needs to see it or even why the media needs to see it to describe it to us. But why must YOU???
Are you planning on solving the crime? Are you a forensic psychiatrist? Or are you just someone whose right to having your fascination satisfied outweighs the rights of the victim and his family to privacy.
Best Gore exists to make money for it's twisted owner not to better the human condition.

Following your logic it would be remiss of the principal of those schools in Vancouver not to show the elementary students the snuff film linked to the package they received. Where do you draw the line. Children should have the same creative rights as the rest of us. If it's an educational tool for the masses what better place to start the creative education than in a school right.

Investigators are also attempting to determine whether Magnotta commented anonymously on the grisly video of the butchery and dismemberment of a Chinese university student, apparently on May 25.

“It's possible. This will be verified in interrogation, but I did see the comments (that might seem to be from him),” Mainville, the head of the Montreal police Major Crimes unit, told La Presse.

Sorry to quote the same article twice, didn't read this far before posting prior.

Commenting on the actual video, I would take this to mean they have been looking at the documentingreality comments? Was there anywhere else he was suspected to be commenting on the actual killvid?

does anyone remember that case where the girl was killed in a car crash and there was video of it and her parents tried to get it (without success) removed from the internet? In fact the attention that it drew (reports of them trying to get it removed) actually increased the number of people trying to find it to watch it...

I could see that happening here.. (re: making a huge deal about it=more people trying to find it to watch, etc etc etc)

I hope that made sense

I doubt that simply because if I'm remembering correctly, the Hollywood murder victim was in extremely bad financial situation (homeless or close to it) and wouldn't have been financing any trips anywhere.

Please, anyone that followed the Hollywood case more closely than I, if I am incorrect, correct me please.

To be honest, I do not know anything about the case in Hollywood or Mexico until I read them on here.. I just thought it could be another angle to look at.

Interesting you should use the word creative. I'd love to hear your creative reasons for wanting the right to witness this poor mans degradation other than for twisted pleasure or fun? I mean I understand why a jury needs to see it or LE needs to see it or even why the media needs to see it to describe it to us. But why must YOU???
Are you planning on solving the crime? Are you a forensic psychiatrist? Or are you just someone whose right to having your fascination satisfied outweighs the rights of the victim and his family to privacy.
Best Gore exists to make money for it's twisted owner not to better the human condition.

To examine not the victim, but the killer.
To further understanding of how someone can do something like this.
To be able to remind ourselves that this is what we are fighting...things this depraved do happen.
To be able to prove to ourselves and others that the net is a dark place, not just the dark web, but all of it.
To remind people of what they are letting into their lives (potentially) when they live their lives online.
To document that humans aren't all goodness and light.

I could go on if necessary.

the semantics matter quite a bit. IMO. There are many that have said for years that there are no such things as snuff videos. None are known to exist, and they've never seen them, therefore they can't exist. Obviously, they exist, especially if there is an unedited version that LE has.

What was on that tape is not snuff material, there was no snuff. Some of us have fought hard to make the public aware of these things, and so yes, the terminology matters. The video that was posted online does not contain the act of murder.

Personally, I draw no lines. I believe that our world should be uncensored, and that we as humans should be responsible for censoring ourselves and the content we allow into our lives. Of course, if someone were to post a video of a crime they committed, then they should be prosecuted using that evidence, but to sanitize our world by removing everything that doesn't appeal to the majority is dangerous practice and completely nonsensical.

Well said, it is not my job or business to go around drawing lines for everyone else anyway, I can only draw lines for myself and let you decide where you draw your own lines.

Like I said before and like Prima said, banning things doesnt work anyway, it just makes people more curious and want that which is banned even more, better that we EDUCATE PEOPLE and we do that by first making sure they define things properly and in this case, IT IS NOT A SNUFF FILM and yes it matters if we call a thing something that it is not, the definition of doing that is PROPAGANDA. And those who are willing to use PROPAGANDA to influence the rest of us and how we think are FAR MORE DANGEROUS TO A FREE SOCIETY than that film WILL EVER BE.

Just a note on your last comment there - Best Gore exists to make money for its twisted owner.

I'll agree - he probably had the wrong intentions when starting the site. However, one thing he said has stuck with me. He commented that because of his site, people are able to see possible consequences of actions they make daily - for example speeding. It can deter people from speeding, or other high risk scenarios. Plenty of organizations use this scare tactic, I have been to a P.A.R.T.Y. program or D.A.R.E. program where they show teens horrific pictures to scare them out of drinking and driving.

The 1 lunatic 1 ice pick video is for sure well out of this range, and I would expect it be housed somewhere on the deep web as opposed to a gore site to garner attention - so I agree with the fact it should be removed and not accessible.

But in the broad stream I think best gore does have a minimal reason to show SOME of the things they do.

does anyone remember that case where the girl was killed in a car crash and there was video of it and her parents tried to get it (without success) removed from the internet? In fact the attention that it drew (reports of them trying to get it removed) actually increased the number of people trying to find it to watch it...

I could see that happening here.. (re: making a huge deal about it=more people trying to find it to watch, etc etc etc)

I hope that made sense

i believe someone posted this before.. ill scroll up and edit in a credit..

edit: i believe it was Paximus

Streisand effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is mentioned in this article, not sure if it has been brought up here. I think we have made the connection to the American Psycho music.. but not sure if 1987 is relevant. As they mention he was born in '92 - so would have been 5. Maybe thats when things went really bad for him?

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...d-videos-while-on-the-run-montreal-police-say

Apparently he had some interest in the "Moors Murders" and used the name "John Kilbride" to sign the e-mail he wrote to The Sun in England. John Kilbride was one of the moors murder victims. His Alexisvaranovich YT account also had favourited a video related to the Moors murders I believe. One of the bodies of the moors murder victims was discovered in 1987 (thought I'm not sure which). Just a possibility.

The foot and hand that were mailed to two Vancouver-area schools are believed to belong to Lin Jun — the man Luka Rocco Magnotta is accused of killing, dismembering and cannibilizing, police say.

The body parts were mailed from Montreal, and all evidence collected thus far indicates they belong to Lin, Montreal police Cmdr. Ian Lafreniere said Wednesday.

DNA testing will be conducted to be certain. Vancouver police are delivering the foot and hand back to Montreal.

Montreal police revealed at a news conference Tuesday that the head, right foot and right hand of Lin were still missing.

Read more: http://www.canada.com/news/Foot+han...leged+victim/6739411/story.html#ixzz1x2Jg1K61

wow, a lot to catch up on.. I too am new but do have a couple of questions:

1st, I read on here regarding body parts (hand & foot) being found outside a school in Acapulco. Yes, I know Mexico is notorious for its drug cartels but has any of those parts been identified to belong to rival gangs.

What if LM met the 66 year old, retired Mexican Airlines employee, HM and HM being much older want to impress the younger LM by taking him on a vacation to Mexico? He would assume he would have free access to fly anytime being retire from an airline.

Has anyone looked into seeing if HM flew out of the country around the time of the murders in Acapuco? Did he have a companion on the flight? If yes, could there be hotel footage of the two in Acapulco that could finally connect LM with HM?

I know it is a far fetched thought but I had to ask

Oh, the other question is regard the so called snuff film? How do we know he was already murdered on the tape? Couldn't he have been heavily sedated? I read on here that ML was interested in the drugs to sedate.

W.S. thread for victim Harvey Medallion
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=160272&page=3

I said when he was arrested that I expected more pieces to be mailed within the next few days. If not mailed, then recieved, having been mailed prior. He wasn't done yet.

He still isn't. I'm waiting for whatever he has planned for his birthday. There is something somewhere either waiting with an accomplice or set to upload automatically. I just...feel it. If that makes sense, which I know it doesn't.

By the way, has there been any more said about the person he was spotted with earlier, at the bar/pub/whatever it was in Paris. I don't know if that person might be a victim, an accomplice, or just an unlucky person now forever linked to Luka, but I'd like to know.

To examine not the victim, but the killer.
To further understanding of how someone can do something like this.
To be able to remind ourselves that this is what we are fighting...things this depraved do happen.
To be able to prove to ourselves and others that the net is a dark place, not just the dark web, but all of it.
To remind people of what they are letting into their lives (potentially) when they live their lives online.
To document that humans aren't all goodness and light.

I could go on if necessary.

You answered for me, people study crime, period. We need to study it and get in to the heads of killers in order to prevent it and catch them.

Following your logic it would be remiss of the principal of those schools in Vancouver not to show the elementary students the snuff film linked to the package they received. Where do you draw the line. Children should have the same creative rights as the rest of us. If it's an educational tool for the masses what better place to start the creative education than in a school right.

I choose not to watch the video. I am not LE or on the jury. I have no interest on having this scarred into my memory forever.
I will leave it to the professionals and let justice be served.

I hope that made sense

the problem is...the deep web and torrents. that video can never be removed....the deep web is alive and active and this video and similar will be sent all around the world. then there are the people who have downloaded..

once something has been posted online, the chance of it ever going away is nearly impossible w/out 100% censorship and an army of people working to remove what they want removed....it would be never ending....

that is why its always a good rule of thumb that if you dont want what you post ever coming back to haunt you, keep your thoughts to yourself....

im not speaking for PAX as he is capable himself :floorlaugh:

but for me....when i first viewed it, it was BEFORE this story hit WS and the news. I was following something else and it led me there. i didnt think it was real. when it hit the news and it was being discussed here - many many many people did not believe it was real. they also did not believe LM had anything to do with it.

as a criminal investigation major i have GREAT inerest in these things....i study these things. so i went back and watched the video to look at the blood, the post mordem death stuff.................and to analyze the vid against known pics of LM to prove it was all actually him.

there are many people like me on this forum and thruout who study this stuff and it is a learning experience.

do you know how many people have admitted here and other places they didnt even realize this sh.t was going on across the world? they had no idea this kind of evil was existing......NOW they know. now they realize life isnt about rainbows....

while i find it disgustingly horrible what happened, i also can learn from it. may not make sense to many, but when i look at dead bodies (from various means) all the time, this is one more example, i learn.....

i most certainly didnt just sit there watching it because there wasnt something else on TV....

in regards to your comment on bestgore's owner.....i am absolutely sure he would beg to defer with you....he has made comment after comment of his intention for his site....people dont have to visit it. and people wont.

with that said....what are your thoughts on the mass amount of books out there for educational purposes in which anyone can buy that show MUCH MUCH more gory stuff?

I hope that made sense

Makes total sense but in a perfect world the person who posted it online would have had enough empathy not to post it or the grace to comply with her grieving relatives request to remove it. We need to fight for a world where empathy thrives, not the rights of those who possess none but want to satisfy their morbid curiosity.

What if that was me on that video is what people should be asking. If you wouldn't want to be internet fodder for the masses then you have to be the change you want to see in the world and not exploit the victim here who has no voice. Do unto others as you would have them do onto you. It's humanity 101 really IMO.

No need to answer this, just posing the question:

If your friend said to you, "come on over and watch a real snuff film tonight", would you?

There are some people who would never, ever, in a million years deliberately go and watch a snuff and dismemberment film, but, because of many different influences and factors, not the least of which is because it was so readily available on the Internet, hundreds of thousands of people watched that real life snuff and dismemberment video of the victim Jun Lin.

That, to me, is an issue worth discussing, because we all know those types of videos are out there. Not choosing to watch them, is not "sticking my head in the sand". I am hopeful that some poor soul who has to track these monsters down, catches them as a repurcussion of sites like these.

To blatantly display the video that is known to be a true, real life murder and dismemberment, crosses the boundaries, and to deliberately leave it on, is a crime, IMO.

I'd like to add, what about the rights of the person who met their end in the most horrific way imaginable? For those arguing about their rights to view 'reality', are your rights greater than the rights of this person?

I'm not in favour of censorship but in the case of murder or the like, I am. It's a respect issue and one which I think most of us would want when we meet our end. I for one, would never want photos of my death to be made available for anyone to see. It's my life. It fills me with dread, actually and I really feel it's a violation of the victim's rights.

[EDIT: I also did not watch the video for this reason as well as not thinking that I could handle viewing it]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23