2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I took from "I wish we weren't here" He wants to go back and redo,which is part of grieving. He is an odd duck ,sometimes,but I think ,generally , a nice one.

Very - even though it wasn't a comical time, when JA was having him re-read his depo, he apologized that he was taking so long because he was rambling and it was hard to get through it.

The guy doesn't know he rambles. He makes me think he doesn't talk about his feelings at all, or simply never has the opportunity to between the two"high drama" personalities in the Anthony house. He also gave me the impression that he - hmm - hard to explain - has been snuck on and smacked emotionally enough times that he doesn't trust anyone outside of his own reasoning process. Kind of like he has been betrayed many many times. It's weird - I can't quite put it into words.

We saw that last time when he testified - he wanted to find out for himself what happened to Caylee - maybe that's what happens when you grow up with a master liar and a mother who supports or at least tolerates and constantly works around that behaviour.

Something's weird about Lee's testimony...over the top and if that was true what he said about them leaving him out of things then why or why did they name her Caylee?? Part his name and Caseys...
Respectfully :twocents:
If there was an incestuous relationship between a brother and sister ,and a baby resulted ,the very LAST THING a family would do would be to call attention to it by naming the baby a mix of the two names.
Our adopted son came with a birth name which we adjusted slightly by including my BIL's name . It's what families do all over the world. Another son has my father's name as part of his fist name ,which is hyphenated.

Bottom line,DNA results proved that neither George nor Lee fathered Caylee.
JMO

Lee was back on the stand after lunch (after the breakdown) .Someone noted that after trial the A's were in the elevator together .Lee and CA were whispering and GA was turned away facing the wall.
Nothing about CA comforting Lee that I recall. JMO

Here's the post from yesterday. I don't know how to link to it:

rosepetal1065

Good Morning,
Last night one of the talking heads on JVM said, they rode on the elevator with LA, GA and CA and while CA was consoling LA, GA turned away from them and faced the wall holding his bible? did someone else catch that too?

Is that Fonzie in the photo???? :floorlaugh:

Ha ha or heyyyyyyy .. yep! He was the original "shark jumper"! Since that episode, a last ditch effort to save the show from cancellation. Whenever a TV show (or trial even) gets to the point of desperation and does something absurd, it is speculated that they must be "jumping the shark!"

In this situation it is a shark that is jumping the shark, I think!!

CA said in court that they were still looking for Caylee till this year I think March. So wonder why they donated shoes if they "believed" Caylee was still alive.

They would have been too small for Caylee.

Yes. That's the impression I got also. Baez asked the same question 3 times and Lee didn't answer what Baez/Casey wanted him to. The no hug from Cindy, in my opinion, is for that reason. He didn't follow the script. She has to rewrite that paragraph.

Agree and I was wondering about that. I wonder if she wanted to know why he didn't at least question Lee about the supposed touching and sexual stuff - would have been an ideal time.

Agree and I was wondering about that. I wonder if she wanted to know why he didn't at least question Lee about the supposed touching and sexual stuff - would have been an ideal time.

Baez cannot ask leading questions under direct. So he was trying to get it out another way. MOO

Maybe it was note passing along a message to call home or something along those lines.

Perhaps LA emailed CM and told him he needed to tell the truth about what happened to Caylee. This halted everything in the courtroom and in the interim, CA was given a note to call LA at his home, as he wanted to tell her what he had done. Just a possibility - IMO

There's a great line from a great movie, "If you can't say something nice, then come sit by me." LOL

Welcome. :)

from Steel Magnolias (it's playing in constant rotation on one of my movie channels)

BUT

The quote is attributable to none other than Alice Roosevelt Longworth (and given a lot of play by Dorothy Parker)

he said if the DT wanted a specific instruction about the witness leaving because of his potential tom loose his job then they need to have the captain who called JA testify at a hearing. Otherwise the jury would just be told a benign statement about his leaving. HHJP had no plans to "investigate" something he had no reason to question.

A source is something factual and tangible we can all see... JA walking over and handing JB a piece of paper on video could have been anything, not necessarily any proof of the call, and the matter was left unresolved until JP could review it. moo

Very - even though it wasn't a comical time, when JA was having him re-read his depo, he apologized that he was taking so long because he was rambling and it was hard to get through it.

The guy doesn't know he rambles. He makes me think he doesn't talk about his feelings at all, or simply never has the opportunity to between the two"high drama" personalities in the Anthony house. He also gave me the impression that he - hmm - hard to explain - has been snuck on and smacked emotionally enough times that he doesn't trust anyone outside of his own reasoning process. Kind of like he has been betrayed many many times. It's weird - I can't quite put it into words.

We saw that last time when he testified - he wanted to find out for himself what happened to Caylee - maybe that's what happens when you grow up with a master liar and a mother who supports or at least tolerates and constantly works around that behaviour.

BBM

Like selling his sister his car and only getting one month's pay't for it......EVER.No one held ICA accountable for that,and no one helped pay Lee back. He had to see his sister use the car HE WORKED FOR.
That must have really been a kick in the gut.

CA said in court that they were still looking for Caylee till this year I think March. So wonder why they donated shoes if they "believed" Caylee was still alive.

Great point. Maybe because they knew something else....:waitasec:

I've watched the WESH youtube from this morning in piece by piece detail. These are my own personal observations... I'm not an expert in any shape or form. This morning's events were VERY unusual to me and IMO the following really stuck out:

"All DT Employee Meeting" before 9am court in ICA's room... some talking heads said HHJB was present (SA was not) but I don't think that is true... I think it was just the DT. The Busy Asst. DT guy was in and out of the court room alot (I'm going to call him "BDTG"). When the "meeting" is over ICA does NOT appear to be upset when she enters the court room (same blank face).

When court "attempted" to start JA had objections about witness, JB was pizzed but it appeared that JB was "ready to work" today; witnesses ready outside, yada, yada, yada... (SOP)... I didn't get the impression that he was expecting whatever CM had to say to HHJB. (IMO if CM wanted to leave due to illness then one might expect CM to give JB professional courtesy head's up). ICA was still sitting with the standard blank face. If CM was leaving I'd expect even ICA to be nervous and fidgety.
Just before the sidebar, BDTG hands a few (appears to be 2 or 3 stapled papers). JB appeared to want to read it right then but he had to get up for the side bar, when JB walked up to the side bar he was reading them and it was already flipped to the next page. Then BDTG hands HHJB's clerk what appeared to be a burnt orange colored envelope approx. 3"x6" in size.

HHJB had called for MCReporter, CM appears to indicate she isn't needed ("does not want or need it on record?")... which is odd, JA shakes his head like ("are you sure she shouldn't be here?")... ICA appears to lean over to DS and ask what it's about.
CM starts to speak, JB rolls up the papers and interrupts CM by tapping him on the arm. JB appears upset like ("Man... com'on").... CM pats him on the shoulder, appears to say, "No, don't worry about that right now" and continues to speak to group. JB insists... HHJB smirks and shakes his head and then bows it for an extended time like ("this is unbelievable").
CM & JB walk away from group very briefly... JA & LDB step back a little, LDB looks dismayed, JA turns away towards the empty jury box, raises his eyebrows, nods his head up & down in rapid succession mumbling to himself like ("OK... but OMG, OMG, OMG... this is unbelievable")
CM & JB walk back, CM starts to speak, JB pats him on the back with the papers still in his hand and looks up at him respectfully. JB doesn't look upset anymore. HHJB nods his head slightly, purses his lips (SOP) and continues to have his ever present smile. HHJB nods his head again and appears to say, "Alright then".... the group breaks, JB bolts quickly, JA turns his back briefly, CM appears to graciously motion for LDB to join him for a second... ICA still appears blank and clueless.
HHJB steps down, says "Nah" to the man in the red shirt that sits by his chambers it looks like he is moving towards ICA's room but I don't see where he actually goes, he never passes in front of the CA camera. I think HHJB may have gone through the middle door (that apparently also connects to ICA's room)... the SA team sits in their seats and continue to look dismayed, another All DT Employee meeting in ICA's room....

The HHJB and All Employee DT meeting members (minus HHJB) return to the court room via the middle door behind the DT because they don't walk out of ICA's. The SA walk toward HHJB's chamber. ICA walks out of her room, sits down, fiddles with something under the table and begins to read a document that is sitting on the table. She doesn't look particularly upset but something in her expression has changed.
CM and JB are chatting to themselves, JB whispers something to CM, JB raises his eyebrows and nods his head alot like ("this is going to be a sh**storm"), CM appears cool & collected. LDB still looks dismayed and points to what appears to be one the DT's blow up exhibits, JA smiles and shakes his head like ("unfreakingbeliveable")...

CM reaches for LDB and motions for the SA to join them and they begin their 5 member "pow wow". CM begins speaking, LDB still has her arms folded, JA & FG have their hands in their pockets, JA nods his head up slightly & very quickly like ("Oh really") at something CM says then continues to look at them over the top of his glasses. LDB appears to ask FG a question and he responds with raised eyebrows and appears to say, ("I don't know"). CM says something with a shake of his head, JB rolls his neck and begins to stare at the ceiling, FG now folds his arms and looks more intently at CM.
The "pow-wow" starts to break up just as ICA finishes reading the document, she reaches down and grabs a tissue (this is where the obsessive nose cleaning begins - still zero tears). I'm thinking maybe she has a cold because her head was down for so long and if there is one thing I do know about very well from personal experience it is sinus function (sparing you the details). The "summit" appears to have agreed on something and motion for MCR to follow them into a room behind the DT's table. As CM is walking in the door he looks toward someone at the DT table (not DS or ICA), shakes his head, points down, waves his hand and appears to say, ("No. Sit/stay here").
Thus begins the "official" DT/SA summit with HHJB assumed to be present. ICA now has a morphed her expression into what I can best describe as an intensely thinking, very worried but still in a bit of a zombie like state. DS is working next to her, doesn't look worried or seem to make a big deal out of anything including the nose marathon, later she does appear to ask ICA if she is OK to which ICA responds, "yeah"... and begins to read what I assume is the live transcript on DS's computer. MM comes over to ICA and says something that elicits a response from ICA that appears to be ("Yea, that's what I was talking about"). ICA kinda dismisses her with a wave of her index finger, MM starts to walk away, ICA continues reading, MM evidently tells ICA from the door that she needs to come with her now into her room. ICA gets up and follows MM. DS stays, BDTG watches ICA leave but Mediator with the glasses doesn't' move an inch or acknowledge ICA (seemed odd to me since she is always so attentive to ICA). I'm guessing she is reading the live transcript too and she also looks concerned.

Meanwhile.... CA holds court of her own in the gallery by chatting up the guy next to her and totally ignoring GA (SOP).... GA also appears to have a bit of a cold and begins his own nose marathon.... Glasses eventually stops reading, chats with one of the other girls for a bit, gets up, takes her laptop with her and moves into ICA's seat next to DS.

ICA returns from her room with MM (none of the DT's acknowledge her), Glasses moves again, ICA takes her seat and begins reading from DS's laptop again. ICA's expression has now changed back to the standard blank stare, she doesn't have that intense look of concern...
A few blurry members of the Summit briefly return to the court room and begin busily moving around, ICA looks up at them, returns to reading, DS closes her laptop but ICA doesn't stop staring as if it was still open (only lasted for about second but it was obvious and very odd... as if her brain didn't immediately register it was closed). She fixes her gaze on the middle of the court room then appears to begin observing whoever was moving around in front of her (no longer in zombie mode), mumbles something to someone... Then in the span of a few seconds the following happens... the worried look begins to return to her face, DS opens her laptop again, ICA begins to read again, DS closes it again, ICA continues to stare at it a second too long again, looks away towards the people busily moving about from the middle door, turns back and begins to stare at the closed laptop, her breathing notably increases...
The Summit is still operating behind the middle door. ICA suddenly appears to "snap out of zombie mode" and begins speaking to DS with what appears to be intense subject matter. DS still looks cool and collected, with concern but not with the same "motherly" intensity she usually provides, DS appears to be in major professional mode. DS seems to concur/affirm repeatedly with whatever ICA is telling her, ICA looks really worried when she finally finishes speaking to DS and now DS looks a little dismayed.
DS starts texting, ICA watches her, BDTG takes a note to the clerk and evidently begins a conversation... DS & ICA watch them, ICA looks worried.
JB is the first to return to the courtroom slightly ahead of everyone (only person with docs his hands), CM follows, ICA keeps her eyes on JB the entire time, CM walks behind ICA & DS over to BDTG... worth noting that CM lightly touched the back of ICA's chair to get by but even with the opportunity he did not acknowledge her or give her the usual pat. CM appears to be giving BDTG instructions to do something, BDTG's eyes appear to be watching JB's movements while CM is speaking.
JB walks over to the DT table with two copies of a document that has a large image in the bottom right corner (looks like a piece of equipment to me), he is speaking to BDTG about it, ICA and DS just watch. JB starts to walk away with the copies.

HHJB walks up to the DT (right in front of ICA), LDB meets him there, HHJB grabs JB's arm and turns him around. HHJB appears to be giving JB & LDB instructions. JB nods in agreement, HHJB turns (effervescent smile still present), JB tosses the copies on the DT where he sits (odd that he did not just carry them), everyone stands for HHJB to return to the bench....

HHJB gives his announcement; unrelated legal matter, recess until Monday, yada, yada.... ICA is back in Zombie mode. HHJB looks very serious... the "MCR we got somthin that we gotta do" with the flick of his finger and how quickly he jumped down off the bench and seriously marched across the court room (I've never seen him move that fast) screams to me that this is MAJOR...

CM is seated right next to JB who is standing, they never exchange a word, JB begins speaking over ICA to DS, ICA begins speaking to CM behind JB... BDTG looks like he is going to vomit (seriously).
FG is pacing a little and is on the phone with someone. HHJB has to touch his arm to get by and to keep from being run over. Smile is back on HHJB's face and he wasn't with the jury long.
This is what REALLY stood out most to me... as HHJB passes in front of the DT he doesn't look at ICA but she looks at him with a "smile" that sent shivers down my spine... I know that look, I've given it a number of times... but only to people that crossed me in a very, very bad way. That being said...

Based on that "look" alone I'm leaning towards HHJB as the potential casualty (although that doesn't explain why a few DT's appeared surprised).... or... Maybe CM demanded (yelling that was heard) that ICA change her plea with the way things are progressing?

I've posted the following in the "Legal Questions" thread to get some clarification: I just don't see HHJB stopping court & putting his convo with the jury on record if CM staged a coup and is now or wants to lead or is leaving... or if JB is fired. Is a change in attorneys that big of a deal? I can't imagine it would cause this much of a ruckus. Couldn't the judge just tell the jury the attorney has a personal matter to address and that it should not in anyway reflect poorly on the defendant?

Great post for those who didn't watch real time! (That includes me...) NOW. In reading this, it sounds to ME like it's something ICA did....

I feel that Lee was put on notice with the opening statement. "If you don't play for us, here is what can happen." I think that is why Mallory's testimony was so weird. She said all the right, defense recommended, things but she looked like she wanted to vomit and couldn't look at ICA. I think that explains Lee's hypersensitiveness, as well. He is saying what he has to in order for them to leave him out of their theory from this point on.

They would have been too small for Caylee.

I couldn't have parted with anything if I thought my child was still alive. Even if I knew my child was not and when I got ready (if I did) I would have done it in private. Thats just me though.

I understood that the deputy talked to them, handed her something and then a while later she left. Friend who was there said "she wasn't immediately upset." Maybe she got a parking ticket?

3534h13-1.png

Photo from Wesh 2

I think she only left for a potty break and that was her court pass. I never saw any deputy hand them a note. GA appeared to offer it her and he had one that looked just like it.

I couldn't have parted with anything if I thought my child was still alive. Even if I knew my child was not and when I got ready (if I did) I would have done it in private. Thats just me though.
I don't know what I'd do. They did hold on to Caylee's birthday presents. Maybe it made them feel good to donate the shoes, like they were doing something for the children that needed them since they couldn't do anything to help Caylee. I don't see donating the shoes as a reflection of their feelings toward Caylee or as an indication that they weren't still holding out hope that she'd come home.

So, I guess, Baez was hoping to ask "why else were you angry?" and trying to get Lee to answer: "Because they accused me of raping my sis, and of being Caylee's father"
What other answer would JB be going for?

I think she only left for a potty break and that was her court pass. I never saw any deputy hand them a note. GA appeared to offer it her and he had one that looked just like it.

Good thought, that's probably exactly what it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123