Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so hope he can't make bond...but pretty sure he will. :0(

There is a Taylor Plastering Company in Awendaw, SC which is where Shannon McConaughey's car was found burned. Since Taylor is such a common name its probably totally unrelated, but thought I would throw it out there for the sleuthers much more advanced than I!

Hope this is the break we need for Brittanee...I was convinced her friends had something to do with her disappearance..I will be happy to eat crow if that is not the case!

There is a Taylor Plastering Company in Awendaw, SC which is where Shannon McConaughey's car was found burned. Since Taylor is such a common name its probably totally unrelated, but thought I would throw it out there for the sleuthers much more advanced than I!

Hope this is the break we need for Brittanee...I was convinced her friends had something to do with her disappearance..I will be happy to eat crow if that is not the case!

That would certainly give them reason to have old work vans.

ATTT: can anyone please help me on this? few months back someone on ws found a facebook page of North Santee do anyone have this saved? if so could you give me the FB link???

That's interesting...doubt the plastering company is directly related to the family, but not out of the question I guess. It's 26 miles from
his home...straight down 17. She was taken from North Charleston - from there go straight down 26 to hook up with Hwy 17, then head north. Car was found only 2 weeks later, body found apprx. 2 months later...Wonder how long they estimated she had been dead? Since relatively January or more recent to the discovery of her body? That would be interesting to know.

Sounds like they either immediately dumped/burned the car and carried her on north to the national forest area, or could be possible they drove the car around a while and then took it back lower/closer to Charleston to burn to get it out of the Collins Creek area...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&u...ult&ct=directions-to&resnum=1&ved=0CA0QngIwAA

Biggest big neon flashing light here in all of this though - how unlucky would this guy be to just be randomly picked out of, I presume, a photo lineup, having been previously questioned in BD? and he just convienently lives in the EXACT area we were all mapping only a few weeks ago...I know I personally mapped that Seven Mile Road as it intersects with Old Collins Creek Rd after we focused more on those reports of where the searches were concentrated. We had found the mention of Collins Creek/Old Collins Creek Rd in a news report, remember?

(Sorry I have been away. Life calls. But I checked in to read as much as I could.)

http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1609063/bond-hearing-set-for-man-charged.html

70K bond -- so he has to come up with 7K? Out by dark.

Only hope is LE can come up with more charges before then to book him in on, and increase the bond somehow. Even a shack by the road in McClellanville is worth 7K - he will make that bond with a bondsman or family/property, or dare I say drug money from his buddies.

I don't know if true in SC so I am asking...

In other states the monetary amt due to post bond is only 10% of the bond amt. If so then ST only has to come up with 7000.00. ?

wm

In other states the monetary amt due to post bond is only 10% of the bond amt. If so then ST only has to come up with 7000.00. ?

wm

I'm almost positive that is how it works, only have to come up with 10% of the bond amount. Anyone with better info feel free to correct me - I would love to hear I am wrong.

That is a great idea. I'll look too, just in case I saved it. Maybe there is still a link in this or the other thread. It will be interesting to read the latest comments.
Let's just remember WS TOS. We can link to the page and mention a post number or initials but no names from the FB.

I found some of the comments from a media link posted earlier interesting. Especially the one which claimed that ST had been seen using Britt's pink phone. (sorry I can't remember which one, I am on brain overload today.) We just have to be careful til ST or others are actually named as a POI or suspect in Britt's case, then we can discuss openly.

wm

wm

wm

He should make that easy since he didn't qualify for a public defender. I don't know where I stand this morning but police seem to be going out of there way to say they don't think he is connected to Brittanee. It may be a new start but a long road.

did yall know that the girls (attemp kidnapping) mother had a heart attack on there way home?

The alleged victim's mother had a heart attack as they were returning home from a vacation in Myrtle Beach due to the stress the incident has caused the family, according to testimony in Myrtle Beach Municipal Court this morning.

The mother is now in intensive care, according to the testimony.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1609063/bond-hearing-set-for-man-charged.html#ixzz0v5MHV3QN

from sunnewspaper update

Taylor has his own attorney, Judge Scott Long said, and does not qualify for a public defender.

Read more: http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/07/29/1609063/bond-hearing-set-for-man-charged.html#ixzz0v5LvsKpA

well he has $$$$$$$$$$

In that video clip of him turning himself in yesterday he was walking with a white man in a suit. I figured then that could be his attorney but if so, couldnt figure why he wasnt telling him to shut his trap.

When he said he wasn't from there, I assumed he meant Myrtle Beach because they proceeded to ask when he was last in MB etc.....Note on the arrest warrant though, wording to the effect 'further investigation shows suspect WAS in the area at the time of the attempted kidnapping' (this recent event with the girl from Tennessee.) So they have either phone records to prove he was in the area or something else.

If he has money (and can claim it legally) then he could be the owner/one of the owners of that Plastering Company. His dress and speaking makes me think he could fit in with a construction business. He didn't come across as someone with a appearance.

This may be far-fetched but maybe one of his relatives that was charged with SM's kidnapping and murder looks a lot like him (didn't one of our posters mention that the sketch didn't look a whole lot like ST?). Maybe he turned himself in because he's going to give info to LE on the relative and their involvement with with Britt's disappearance. Doubt it, but it's an idea.

He should make that easy since he didn't qualify for a public defender. I don't know where I stand this morning but police seem to be going out of there way to say they don't think he is connected to Brittanee. It may be a new start but a long road.

I agree with you Doc,,,,im still at odds on why he turn hiself in but turns around says hes not been in that area(MB) something fishy going on,,,,,

Yep thats it 7k and they have business cards of bondmans on every jail wall, i bet he walks before dark..if not already,,,,,,,,im confused tho, in the transcript with Taylor and news reporter, taylor states hes not from that town (true hes not) so why in the H*** did he turn hiself in? something not adding up,or either news not being reported right???

Now that's a great question, Rose! Could it be because he was identified in a lineup......but how did LE get him to agree to a lineup? Is that voluntary?

This man possesses an aura of arrogance and smugness. Maybe he is a narcissistic b'tard or he feels a veil of protection from LEA's in the area, for whatever reason.

I really hoped his bond would be a higher amt. I also hope Ms Randa takes security precautions to protect herself, not just right now but in the months to come. People like ST don't take kindly to complications/being picked out of a lineup and I feel sure he has minions who would gladly do some of his dirty work to gain his favor. (that's if this is some type of mafioso gang of thugs.)

Lot's to think about here...... MOO

wm

Well they said they looked for him for a couple of days before he turned himself in, so I just don't think it was an in-person line up. I think it HAD to be a photo lineup. JMO.

Well they said they looked for him for a couple of days before he turned himself in, so I just don't think it was an in-person line up. I think it HAD to be a photo lineup. JMO.

Ahhh! Thanks SeaNymph! I hadn't thought of that!

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member