WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the Case for Innocence panel did very badly by Amanda by not advertising more than 4 days prior to the event, not getting a sponsor for refreshments, not getting groups committed to attendance. I know first hand what goes into planning an event, and I was able to pack a ballroom in New York on a Monday night with 350 people. But 3 months of work went into that. Their poor showing revealed mainly poor planning, and was not good for Ms. Knox.

The turnout was indeed very poor. It's quite likely that people are simply not interested in the mess that Knox got herself into.

I'm still trying to figure out what it had to do with the Film Studies program.

We actually care about a persons rights? :thud: So Italy doesn't?
And people wonder why the word "xenophobia" keeps coming up in this case. Sheesh.

1291492341.JPG

That's a "tiptoe" mark? Interesting how most people tiptoe on the ball of their foot only, not the arch and/or side of foot...

(link to picture: http://www.salem-news.com/gphotos/1291492341.JPG )

You may find it interesting but the fact is that it is entirely possible. If one is on the ball of his foot, he/she can lower the back half of the foot without allowing the heel to touch the floor...ask any ballroom dancer...it's a required footwork technique, but it is derived from actions any average untrained person can do.

It's also possible to use the outside edge or inside edge of the foot more which puts more pressure on that edge. If someone is off balance and trying to not put a foot down, they may leave a partial print...when you are off balance and put your foot down you automatically go ball of the foot first, just like when you are going downstairs. You never go heel first when going from an up elevation to a down as in touching your foot to the floor for balance - heels only strike first naturally on the level like walking If your ankle wobbles at all you would put more pressure on the outside edge of the foot. Most ankle wobbles are on the outside of the ankle where typical sprains occur.

So I was using tip toe as something most people can relate to, but it encompasses the lowering of the foot ball, then middle part of the foot, but never letting the heel even kiss the floor.

I have pretty flat feet - when I was young at the public pool everyone made fun of my wet footprints. I learned to get out of the pool and walk with my toes kind of crunched and on the outside of my foot so that a sort of arch appeared in my wet print. I am not saying this is what the leaver of the bloody print did, but to presume that it was there and cleaned up is not proper given the limited facts and other possibilities.

What I can't put together is why, if it is Rudy, is his shoe off? I can see the motivation for AK or RS - don't leave blood on our shoes, but surely they didn't both attack MK barefoot and not leave luminol detectable bloody prints in her room or clean up smears on the floor of MK's room. If they had shoes on during their alleged sex orgy murderous attack, then they would already have blood on their shoes and it wouldn't matter.

I am curious to know what the source of the watery blood was...what collection of the blood was stepped in.

If it was cleaned up, what was used...paper towel, toilet paper, a rag, the mop??? and why is is not evident that there are cleaning smears under luminol? Scooting a bathmat is not going to wipe the area clean so that luminol does not glow in that spot, kwim?

Thanks Otto.

I'm new to studying the case. I agree that the POE would be strange for a burglar to use when there were better windows to break to gain entry to the house. However, I read somewhere, and who knows where after all I've looked at, that it was RG's MO to use rocks, break windows and carry knives to his crime scenes. I'm exploring all theories, but the one I've started with is RG acting alone or with an unknown accomplice. So my question right now is why is it a problem for the broken glass to be on top of the roommate's clothes? I think I read somewhere that it's because said roommate claims she left nothing on the floor. I don't really take her word on remembering that, and it might be possible that Merideth or even Amanda went into the room and used some of the clothes and left them on the floor. I don't know, so can you bring clarity to me about this? Sorry if you've had to do it before in the other 8 threads.

One article I read also said he'd stolen a flick knife in a crime. Weren't they supposing a flick knife was used with merideth? Same article claims that a recorded jail call picked up him saying that amanda hadn't been there that night. Here's this link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...rediths-murderer-begins-30-year-sentence.html

IIRC there were 6 instances in 33 days in which RG was involved in various activities none of which he was charged for which has lent some to believe that he was an informant for ILE

I studied Ron Hendry's theories alot and had many of the same questions which you are now bringing up. I can only give you my take on some of them

First off Filomena did testify to 3 different scenerios with respect to the shutters from closing them as tight as they would allow to not being sure that she in fact did close them completely. After alot of research I did come across the fact that it was indeed windy on that particular night which could of opened at least in my opinion the shutters to a more open position

As well when I look at the photographs of Filomena's room there is very little storage area. She testified that her room was clean. I may think my daughters room is a disaster but in her perception it is clean. What came very quick to me were the various footware and bags. Fimomena was in a hurry that day to get to a birthday celebration. IIRC the pictures correctly I believe I saw various footwear including slippers on the floor in various places. I dont believe that room was a spotless as she might of thought. As well the evening before was Halloween and these ladies worked and had boyfriends. I think in the scheme of things cleaning her room was probably not the priority at that particular time

As I looked at those photographs the one thing I could not eliminate was how does a rock which is thrown towards a window hit the window and do a complete 180 and go backwards instead of out the window if it indeed had been thrown from inside. That simply defies the logic of ballistics gravity etc.

I as well have often thought of how did a mixed DNA sample end up in Filomenas room. My first thought was maybe the postal police accidently tracked something in. As I watched the various ways the forensic team did things I believe it to be highly likely that that could be a probable explanation.

In the end though only you can determine what you believe may/may not of happened. Good luck with your research!!!

The turnout was indeed very poor. It's quite likely that people are simply not interested in the mess that Knox got herself into.

Only an opinion but I have a funky feeling that maybe some were asked to speak to a class rather than putting together a forum. I believe if this had of been something that had been planned by them it would of been advertised greater and for a longer length of time. I do not believe that is something that they would probably do in the middle of an appeal

I'm sorry, I didn't read that. I was just inferring from other things I'd read. I thought I'd read that Filomina was certain that she'd closed her shutters before leaving, and so then I assumed that the shudders had to be open when Amanda arrived home. (if Amanda wasn't involved.) So I assumed that after she saw the bathroom and took a shower, she got blood residue on her feet from the bathroom. Then I assumed that she must have noticed Fil's room was a mess. Then I assumed she walked in there, saw the rock and the shutters and then closed the shutters. I'm assuming she closed them. Maybe she just walked in there and looked around to observe it was a mess without closing the shutters, and that's how she got the DNA and stuff in the room.

As for the link I asked about with the theory of the single assailant, I was wondering if you or anyone else had read it and lent it any credibility. someone else answered that they had done both.

That as well could be a theory as we do know in fact that they were in Filomena's room

As I look at the footprint on the bathmat again, I notice that the big toe area is lighter and smudged.

When I try to recreate this pattern, it's pretty easy first landing on the big toe and ball of my right foot and then rolling my ankle to the outside (as if off balance) - and that kind of forces my calf to relax a bit, my heel then starts to lower to the floor with the outside edge of my foot taking the most pressure. There are other light blood marks on the mat, and I wonder if something briefly was placed on the big toe area and absorbed some of the liquid in that area. Or maybe it's just the weave in that spot, not as fluffy and chenille like as the other.

With cases like this, I always try to look for ways to prove the person didn't do it. I guess I'm a diehard believer in the US justice system's creed that it's up to the state to prove their case, not the defendent. When I first heard about RG and his insane story about "sitting on the toilet," I figured that he'd acted alone or he had his own accomplice that no one knows about.

If I go with Hendry's story, I'd say that RG broke in, looking for a place to sleep or waiting for Amanda to get home, since we've heard rumors that he was somehow interested in Amanda. Or, he could have known that MK would be alone because he seemed to know her boyfriend from downstairs. Since much wasn't stolen, I'm guessing he was interested in a place to sleep or in the girls.

From what I read, it appears that he staked the house out a little bit. Maybe saw no one coming or going for a while and decided to enter through that window somehow. Then, he riles through Fil's room because that's the first room he entered. Then he goes to that bathroom near Fil's room because he's gotta dump. I think THAT'S when MK might have come home (as Hendry's report theorizes) and he got surprised and didn't flush the toilet. It's possible that he could have exited the bathroom right away or he could have stayed in there for a long time, trying to figure out what to do.

We don't really know if RG has ever done this kind of crime before or sexually assaulted anyone before, do we? I read somewhere that he was a creepy lurker at clubs and bars that made women uncomfortable enough to ask management to throw him out.

Anyways, maybe the night before (again just theorizing) he saw MK at the club, tried to talk to her. Gleened some info about her, which let him know that Amanda was working the next night and MK would be with friends, then go home. She might have clued him in to what her other roommates were doing the next day, too. I'm guessing she might have talked to him a little and felt a little less guarded because her boyfriend knew him. or she could have been creeped out an avoided him at the club, which pisse him off enough to go to her house.

Anyways, I agree with the surprised MK idea. And I agree with how Hendry said it happened on the bed and she got jerked to the other side of the room during the fight. I don't think it took 3 people to do that to meredith.

I read some other hearsay about a shadowy figure that had been lurking in the garden near the cottage for a few days. And I had heard that Amanda had phone calls with RG before and after the murder. Are either of these two things backed by evidence? I read AK phone records on some website but it was never made clear that RG was one of the callers.

RG could very well of had a good idea what the plans for many of the people at the cottage were as he was known friends with the boys downstairs and MK's boyfriend was one of them. There are usually a few reasons for throwing a rock in a window one being to find out if anyone is home. You would probably find out quite quickly

@ flourish - hatred and fear are distinguishable from distrust so using a fear and hatred based word is inflammatory imo. I don't trust other government's police or legal systems - I don't think that makes me a hater, I just don't want to ever get arrested there and especially if I am innnocent! What is our Constitution founded on? Yep. Our rights and this includes the seizure of our person, are deeply rooted in our history and formation. Please tell me why I should not trust my country's respect for these rights more than I trust Italy's. And again, I DO NOT trust that they have the proper checks and balances in place to avoid a railroad job by the prosecution. I think our system, with all of its flaws, is the best in the world and I'm not alone.

Any department of a University can sponsor any event.
I know a thing or two about events planning, and they simply did not do the legwork it takes to pack a place. From my experience that is it, in a nut shell. Usually has less to do with the event subject, and more to do with how the leg work for that event was done. Monday nights are bad, always, and Seattle has major parking problems, and the late afternoon is not a time to draw a crowd. People are leaving work and going to dinner at the hour they chose. They actually did well with 120, all things considered. But it could have been far better.

With cases like this, I always try to look for ways to prove the person didn't do it. I guess I'm a diehard believer in the US justice system's creed that it's up to the state to prove their case, not the defendent. When I first heard about RG and his insane story about "sitting on the toilet," I figured that he'd acted alone or he had his own accomplice that no one knows about.

If I go with Hendry's story, I'd say that RG broke in, looking for a place to sleep or waiting for Amanda to get home, since we've heard rumors that he was somehow interested in Amanda. Or, he could have known that MK would be alone because he seemed to know her boyfriend from downstairs. Since much wasn't stolen, I'm guessing he was interested in a place to sleep or in the girls.

From what I read, it appears that he staked the house out a little bit. Maybe saw no one coming or going for a while and decided to enter through that window somehow. Then, he riles through Fil's room because that's the first room he entered. Then he goes to that bathroom near Fil's room because he's gotta dump. I think THAT'S when MK might have come home (as Hendry's report theorizes) and he got surprised and didn't flush the toilet. It's possible that he could have exited the bathroom right away or he could have stayed in there for a long time, trying to figure out what to do.

We don't really know if RG has ever done this kind of crime before or sexually assaulted anyone before, do we? I read somewhere that he was a creepy lurker at clubs and bars that made women uncomfortable enough to ask management to throw him out.

Anyways, maybe the night before (again just theorizing) he saw MK at the club, tried to talk to her. Gleened some info about her, which let him know that Amanda was working the next night and MK would be with friends, then go home. She might have clued him in to what her other roommates were doing the next day, too. I'm guessing she might have talked to him a little and felt a little less guarded because her boyfriend knew him. or she could have been creeped out an avoided him at the club, which pisse him off enough to go to her house.

Anyways, I agree with the surprised MK idea. And I agree with how Hendry said it happened on the bed and she got jerked to the other side of the room during the fight. I don't think it took 3 people to do that to meredith.

I read some other hearsay about a shadowy figure that had been lurking in the garden near the cottage for a few days. And I had heard that Amanda had phone calls with RG before and after the murder. Are either of these two things backed by evidence? I read AK phone records on some website but it was never made clear that RG was one of the callers.
I don't think those things were ever confirmed; it was said that Knox had no prior contact or interaction with Guede. I agree that the 3 person attack seems far-fetched when compared with Hendry's simple logical analysis.

Addendum (I responded to this in a prior post)--They had stated to the newspaper that they planned to tape the event for YouTube, specifically because there was not a chance to get a greater crowd at that date and hour (supposedly when they could get all principals together in one place).

I don't think those things were ever confirmed; it was said that Knox had no prior contact or interaction with Guede. I agree that the 3 person attack seems far-fetched when compared with Hendry's simple logical analysis.

IIRC, AK testified or told police that she met RG briefly at the downstairs apartment and then saw him around town a few times.

If there were phone calls between them, I'm sure ILE never found out about it or that would have been evidence at trial.

I'm at work, so this is short, but feel free to check out the google images that pop up for "tip toe." Sure don't see arches touching the ground on those images.

Also, the definition of "xenophobia" absolutely can include "distrust," hence the following definition from http://sociologyindex.com/xenophobia.htm

Xenophobia is distrust, unreasonable fear, or hatred of strangers, foreigners, or anything perceived as foreign or different.

IMO, it's more inflammatory to imply that Italy doesn't care about the rights of its people than it is to use a word which was absolutely apt. :cow:

Only an opinion but I have a funky feeling that maybe some were asked to speak to a class rather than putting together a forum. I believe if this had of been something that had been planned by them it would of been advertised greater and for a longer length of time. I do not believe that is something that they would probably do in the middle of an appeal

Thomas Wright, one of the speakers and the man behind the Friends of Amanda efforts, and the head of the Film Studies program appear to be friends. On the surface, it looks like this was put together by the speakers themselves and Tom's friend provided the venue. I suspect they misjudged the public interest in the case.

As I look at the footprint on the bathmat again, I notice that the big toe area is lighter and smudged.

When I try to recreate this pattern, it's pretty easy first landing on the big toe and ball of my right foot and then rolling my ankle to the outside (as if off balance) - and that kind of forces my calf to relax a bit, my heel then starts to lower to the floor with the outside edge of my foot taking the most pressure. There are other light blood marks on the mat, and I wonder if something briefly was placed on the big toe area and absorbed some of the liquid in that area. Or maybe it's just the weave in that spot, not as fluffy and chenille like as the other.

Or maybe someone stepped there with blood all over the bottom of his foot, and the portion that was on the floor was wiped away.

RG could very well of had a good idea what the plans for many of the people at the cottage were as he was known friends with the boys downstairs and MK's boyfriend was one of them. There are usually a few reasons for throwing a rock in a window one being to find out if anyone is home. You would probably find out quite quickly

Rudy had been to the downstairs cottage and knew perfectly well that it would have been much easier to climb up over their doorway, onto the deck and into a window.

Sorry wrong quote proper quote sorry

Thomas Wright, one of the speakers and the man behind the Friends of Amanda efforts, and the head of the Film Studies program appear to be friends. On the surface, it looks like this was put together by the speakers themselves and Tom's friend provided the venue. I suspect they misjudged the public interest in the case

You could very well be right.

If the purpose though was to get a great group of people I must agree with SMK that usually there is much greater planning and advertising

For all I know they might simply have been in the same city at the same time and decided to use that time

As SMK stated there is normally a great deal of time, effort and planning put into forums such as this and it simply does not appear to be the case in this particular instance. Again though MOO

Sorry wrong quote proper quote sorry

Thomas Wright, one of the speakers and the man behind the Friends of Amanda efforts, and the head of the Film Studies program appear to be friends. On the surface, it looks like this was put together by the speakers themselves and Tom's friend provided the venue. I suspect they misjudged the public interest in the case

You could very well be right.

If the purpose though was to get a great group of people I must agree with SMK that usually there is much greater planning and advertising

For all I know they might simply have been in the same city at the same time and decided to use that time

As SMK stated there is normally a great deal of time, effort and planning put into forums such as this and it simply does not appear to be the case in this particular instance. Again though MOO

Because there was low attendance, it must have been impromptu? I think it's because people have moved on with their lives, and students aren't particularly sympathetic to the mess Amanda got herself in. Not everyone is prepared to make and except excuses for everything about Amanda.

Because there was low attendance, it must have been impromptu? I think it's because people have moved on with their lives, and students aren't particularly sympathetic to the mess Amanda got herself in. Not everyone is prepared to make and except excuses for everything about Amanda.
I think many people are still very sympathetic to Knox and Sollecito. As stated, those who planned the event knew it would be tough to get full attendance , hence the YouTube. For all you know, a panel of "Knox: Guilty as Charged" may not have even gotten the 120 they got. Let us suspend judgement and not be catty about what they were trying to do, or what the numbers were. IMO, they were in good faith.

May 21 ... something like that ... for the DNA testing evaluation to be presented to the court.

How long do appeals take in the US? A couple of years?

Why couldn't she be in jail, she was convicted of murder.
But this is NOT the USA hints why I asked. do NOT bait me I won't play along. and I said right in my post I can't believe shes still in jail as I don't believe she's guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member