Meredith Kercher murdered - Amanda Knox convicted, now appeals #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this movie supposedly being made with a "pick your own ending" flavor? ... but at the same time the actress reported that she portrayed the murderess as "playing" innocent, even though she had misgivings about innocence during the filming?

All graphic violence should be removed from the film, and the title should be changed to reflect the victim, not the murderer.

Acclaimed director Michael Winterbottom is also said to have a movie based on the case in the works.

If a movie were made which adhered strictly to the facts, which plot points do you think would be more compelling to an audience and director: The story of a typical home burglary turned deadly, a corrupt prosecutor convicted of his own crimes, the many blunders of the police involved, Amanda’s demonization in the media, and three families’ lives ruined as a result…

Or, the story of Amanda maybe lying about what time she ate dinner, and maybe she should have called the cops as soon as she saw a streak of blood in the sink, and maybe she was referring to her boss as a friend in the letter, and maybe she retracted her accusation of an innocent man, and maybe she should have cried more. This movie would be called "Definitely, Maybe"... if only the title weren't already taken.

As a television producer I think I know which parts I’d find meaningful and which parts the audience would find completely meaningless and convoluted. I’d almost like to see a movie which depicts the prosecution’s narrative and the circumstantial evidence in a serious manner. A movie about a girl who moves to Italy and puts a large kitchen knife in her purse for protection, which just so happens to come in handy a few nights later when she gets stoned, and instead of spending the evening relaxing like most people in her condition would do, she gets turned on by seeing a guy she barely knows rape her roommate and immediately recruits her boyfriend to help her and the near-stranger stab and torture the roommate to death. Sounds like a bunch of fantasy, not real life. Mignini should produce horror movies.

Lifetime basically only shows two movies: in the more popular one, the plucky heroine has to fight off and eventually kill the man who betrayed her. The other movie shows a good girl who falls prey to drugs and a bad boyfriend and becomes a killer (and/or hooker).

Guess which one the Amanda Knox movie will be?

Isn't this movie supposedly being made with a "pick your own ending" flavor? ... but at the same time the actress reported that she portrayed the murderess as "playing" innocent, even though she had misgivings about innocence during the filming?

All graphic violence should be removed from the film, and the title should be changed to reflect the victim, not the murderer.

Are you not familiar with American TV, otto?

No graphic violence = no film.

Are you not familiar with American TV, otto?

No graphic violence = no film.

I think I fall into the same category as the people objecting to the film. It's been known for some time that the film was being made, but objections to it being shown have only recently come to light. Now that we've had a glimpse of what the film is like (through the trailer), it looks to be in poor taste.

There is no way to do a film such as this in good taste, imo. Unless maybe it is a documentary? Even then I would wonder.

I think the best movie would be one from the minds of the posters here, who have dedicated so much time to the actual court documents, etc. and picked apart every little piece of evidence until it screamed.

And still we have a difference of opinion. Amazing, isn't it? I find the whole thing very interesting, from the event itself, to how every one looks at it. And I really feel for Meredith's family here. No matter what happened, to have your daughter's last hour on earth portrayed in such a manner, for the world to see, had got to be a very sharp, painful stab in the heart. :(

I don't think they should have been allowed to advertise the movie (unrealistic, I know, but still).

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member