Will he get bail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighNC

Reaction score
Brad's attorney said that he'd be requesting bail. Does anyone think this is a real possibility?

The reason I ask is that he would have to be a HUGE flight risk. And with the BS that the Mexican government is feeding us on Ceasar Laurean not being extradited, I can't imagine the state of NC would allow a foreign citizen out on bail.

Brad's attorney said that he'd be requesting bail. Does anyone think this is a real possibility?

The reason I ask is that he would have to be a HUGE flight risk. And with the BS that the Mexican government is feeding us on Ceasar Laurean not being extradited, I can't imagine the state of NC would allow a foreign citizen out on bail.

I think there is always a possibility, but it will depend on the outcome of the December 5 hearing. DP case, no.

Agree w/RC; that would be my guess too. If he does get bail, I think the amount will be very high (over $2M).

Agree w/RC; that would be my guess too. If he does get bail, I think the amount will be very high (over $2M).

I have no idea how much bail would be set for in this case. However, BC now has a public defender. Could he afford bail? Who would pay it? Do bondsmen pay without a guarantee/collateral?

BC now has a public defender. Could he afford bail? Who would pay it? Do bondsmen pay without a guarantee/collateral?
I think this would be a fabulous time for all BC supporters and friends to chip in and help him out.

He'll need to raise 10% of the total bond to get a bondsman to cover the rest. So if he's granted bail, he'll likely need cash between $200K - $300K. For instance, 300 people can chip in $1K each. Any extra not used to get bail can go to his defense fund.

Who's going to help the man out? Now's not the time to be shy! Line starts to the left!

I think this would be a fabulous time for all BC supporters and friends to chip in and help him out.

He'll need to raise 10% of the total bond to get a bondsman to cover the rest. So if he's granted bail, he'll likely need cash between $200K - $300K. For instance, 300 people can chip in $1K each. Any extra not used to get bail can go to his defense fund.

Who's going to help the man out? Now's not the time to be shy! Line starts to the left!

Oh, sorry. I have something else to do. I have to count the leaves that fall off the tree. Which tree? It doesn't matter. There's lots of trees.

I just looked up a bondsman in durham. His sign in had one of those boxes where you fill in the wavy letters you see. On this bail bondsman's site, the word was "foolish". Ironic, eh?

ws3m.jpg

:laugh:

Not me!! I doubt he'd have bail, or if he does, it'll be after the DP announcement and I'll agree it would be very high. :behindbar

but...but...but... Brad needs help! :boohoo:

C'mon all you sleuthers who think Brad might be getting a bum rap and might not be culpable; now's the time :clock: to help the man out! :twocents: He's practically indigent after the custody fight. Think he's been targeted unfairly by LE? Tired of the husband always being the one suspected? Well Brad would agree, as would K&B. There's no better way to show you care this holiday season :xmastree: than to give a hand up to your favorite possibly-railroaded suspect. :help: It takes a LOT to put on a top-notch defense. Have a heart! :heart:

but...but...but... Brad needs help! :boohoo:

C'mon all you sleuthers who think Brad might be getting a bum rap and might not be culpable; now's the time :clock: to help the man out! :twocents: He's practically indigent after the custody fight. Think he's been targeted unfairly by LE? Tired of the husband always being the one suspected? Well Brad would agree, as would K&B. There's no better way to show you care this holiday season :xmastree: than to give a hand up to your favorite possibly-railroaded suspect. :help: It takes a LOT to put on a top-notch defense. Have a heart! :heart:
Find me a better suspect for Nancy's murder and I might cooperate with your plea! :D

Find me a better suspect for Nancy's murder and I might cooperate with your plea! :D

Oh I don't think there's any other perp...I'm just pointing out the options for those who do think that.

Oh I don't think there's any other perp...I'm just pointing out the options for those who do think that.

It is always amazing to me how cruel people are when they make up their mind that someone is guilty without evidence. He may very well be guilty, but there still has been so little released to the public that it is still all based on the court of public opinion. Yes, some feel that what the friends say is totally above reproach and the Gospel. Sight unseen, it must be true, her friends said so....All saints...I'm sure...If he is innocent and at some point can be proven, what a sad situation for all involved. If he is guilty, then I suppose he will get what is coming to him. But if he is not....wow...people never cease to amaze me....

Cruel? The people on here?

How about the person who murdered Nancy???

It is always amazing to me how cruel people are when they make up their mind that someone is guilty without evidence. He may very well be guilty, but there still has been so little released to the public that it is still all based on the court of public opinion. Yes, some feel that what the friends say is totally above reproach and the Gospel. Sight unseen, it must be true, her friends said so....All saints...I'm sure...If he is innocent and at some point can be proven, what a sad situation for all involved. If he is guilty, then I suppose he will get what is coming to him. But if he is not....wow...people never cease to amaze me....

Why is it 'cruel' to point out that there is no other apparent perp (which is what you pointed to by quoting my prior post)?

What do the friends statements have to do with anything? For Brad to be arrested, with this particular DA, who is known to be reticent to arrest without significant evidence and what he considers a 'slam-dunk' case, it means the DA believes he has enough evidence and can prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. And that is certainly not based on friends' statements that will be considered hearsay and not part of the legal record in court. (Did you know that Judge Sasser excluded all such statements from her consideration?--she said so during the hearing.) The same will happen in the criminal case and it will apply to statements on both sides.

Evidence is what will convict or not convict in the end. And if there is zero physical evidence then there will be no conviction (and from what I understand, without physical evidence the DA would not bring forward charges).

Do you actually think that Brad was arrested based on what people said about him? Hope not. I may be confused by your post. :confused:

BC's arrest has nothing to do with anyone's public comments. However, I certainly would not accuse NC's friends of lying without good reason. It seems to me that investigators have found evidence which have helped to verify her friends' theories and observations. Don't worry -- Brad will have his day in court. Nobody is convicting him on this board.

Yep, whoever killed NC is beyond cruel.

The investigators, who know much more than the public, appear to believe that person was Brad. We will have to wait until the trial to hear the details. At this point, that is the best that we have. I don't see any other plausible theories emerging.

In the past 10 years, how many folks have been arrested for murder in Wake County and subsequently been acquitted by a jury? Personally, I do not remember one.

THAT would be an interesting statistic and perhaps allow up to say with some data to back it up that we believe that he's guilty....

It's not like we're persecuting someone that hasn't been arrested and charged and isn't sitting in jail. We've had statistics on the side of guilt since DAY FREAKING ONE so it's just not that much of a stretch that he is guilty.

And no - we don't convict people based on "odds", but patterns do influence our reality, and so does the strength of our local DA's track record.

so- if someone in Cary is still barricading themselves in their house with a shotgun worrying about the Cary Strangler, so be it, but it's likely a waste of energy to worry that they might be next.

Do you actually think that Brad was arrested based on what people said about him? Hope not. I may be confused by your post. :confused:

BC's arrest has nothing to do with anyone's public comments. However, I certainly would not accuse NC's friends of lying without good reason. It seems to me that investigators have found evidence which have helped to verify her friends' theories and observations. Don't worry -- Brad will have his day in court. Nobody is convicting him on this board.

Well, we don't know what evidence they have to have arrested him. It's all speculation at this point. They could have a rock solid case...or they could have circumstantial evidence and decided to move forward any ways. Some people on here act like they only time this DA has someone arrested is if they have a guaranteed conviction. I'm curious...what is the conviction rate for this DA? Is it 100%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken