Websleuth's Lingo

Ok, I have a question.......what does "moo" mean?

moo = my own opinion

Here's a couple more:

SWAG = silly wild arse guess
WWYMD = what would Yuri Melich do ?
ITE = In the end

This thread should be made into a Sticky so it can be kept on top and referenced often, IMO !!!

Thank you for posting this thread. What is DH? I'm thinking something husband.

Thank you for posting this thread. What is DH? I'm thinking something husband.

dh = dear hubby/husband
dw = dear wife
dd = dear daughter
ds = dear son
sil = son in law
dil = daughter in law

madaleine and FloridaKatz------TY LOL! :)

I don't think "moo" is widely known b/c I've asked before and no answer. So TY!!

Thank you or TY SeriouslySearching for this thread. I have been trying to figure out what IIRC means for months now. Even my 12 year old son who knows all the puter lingo couldn't figure that one (or moo) out! TY

If I recall correctly.

Mac and Ernie asked if we could have a thread like this and so I bumped this old thread of SS.
So thanks M&E for bringing this issue to my attention. Looks like we needed it.

I've been around for awhile and I still come across some acronym's that throw me. Last year I finally learned that:

KWIM?=Know what I mean?

AFAIC=As far as I'm concerned. (this one always reminds me of the duck/insurance commercial)

Shadowraith has some that I keep forgetting to ask her about. I can't remember off hand what they are. So you can be around here forever and still be learning. lol.

Here's a couple of others:

ME: Medical Examiner
SA: States Attorney
DA: District attorney

AFK----------Away From Keyboard Took me some time to figure that one out, then somebody finally posted it. Thanks for the help!

SO=Sex offender or Significant other depending on the context it was used. Sadly, it sometimes means both. :eek:

ETA: Edited to add (I just looked this up it has driven me nuts!!)

bumping means to move it back to the top so people can see it.

Thanks, Linette.........I have searched for an explanation of this but couldn't find it.......now, HOW do you move something to the top?????? (I know , that's Dumbah!) TIA, if you can help me.

and thanks for all the many acronyms I haven't figured out everyone!!!.......(so glad someone asked about "moo" :) )

Thanks, Linette.........I have searched for an explanation of this but couldn't find it.......now, HOW do you move something to the top?????? (I know , that's Dumbah!) TIA, if you can help me.

and thanks for all the many acronyms I haven't figured out everyone!!!.......(so glad someone asked about "moo" :) )

When you post on a thread, the thread automatically moves to the top, so people will commonly type "bump" as a post to move the thread up.

i've tried to find it --- but someone used "sus"??????????

Hey Zoey,

I've only seen that used here very recently, and only by our new Aussie friends in discussing Lee. Both times, in the context it was used, I interpreted it to mean, "Suspicious" (i.e. He seems very SUS to me.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back