Injected with HIV by dad as baby, teen inspires

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090607/ap_on_re_us/us_teen_hiv_injection

Now 18, he'll put on his black cap and gown Saturday and graduate from Francis Howell North High School in St. Charles, near St. Louis. Shielded from the public for much of his life since his father's high-profile criminal trial a decade ago, Brryan is now an outspoken advocate for people with AIDS, and the power of faith and forgiveness.

I can't believe the "father" will be up for parole. He should spend the rest of his life in prison.

Hooray for Brryan. He sounds like a neat kid who overcame a more than rough start in life.

What a wonderful story. Brryan is a real hero with a great attitude many could learn from.

I too can't believe his sicko dad is up for parole in two years. Our justice system failed here but I doubt he will get out.

I love how Brryan thinks:

"God wants us to forgive people," he said. "Am I going to make myself as low as he is? ... I've got to be the better person."

What a lovely young man he turned out to be.:clap::clap:

Gozgals

I agree, Brryan did turn out to be a wonderful young man. Such a contrast to his cowardly, evil father. The end of the article brought tears to my eyes when Brryan said he would be the girl's voice until she could find her own. He's the voice for so many that are suffering from AIDS. I pray Brryan will have a long and healthy life and enjoy all those things that God intended for him to enjoy.

God Bless you Brryan Jackson. :blowkiss:
You remind me of one of my favorite sayings; and that is a tall order but Brryan sure filled it. :angel:

(I am having both tears of joy and sadness having read this thread).

"LIFE IS A GIFT GOD GIVS YOU What you do with it
IS THE GIFT YOU GIVE BACK".

Brryan sure did that; he will definitely get wings for that one.

God Bless.

This reminds me of my poor mother. Who after 15 years of marriage to my dad finally called it quits because of my dad's constant cheating. My dad was the only man she had ever known, then she met a great guy and he became a wonderful step dad to us - for 6 years she was with him, then suddenly my beautiful young mother became very sick and found out she had HIV. Meanwhile she cried and begged the doctors to recheck her because she had only slept with two people her entire life!

Turns out the new step dad also cheated on my mother and he did it with a former drug user who gave him HIV and then passed it to my mom.

HIV is a virus that is NOT restricted to drug users, sex fanatics and gays. It can hurt people like my mom.

When will we learn this?

This reminds me of my poor mother. Who after 15 years of marriage to my dad finally called it quits because of my dad's constant cheating. My dad was the only man she had ever known, then she met a great guy and he became a wonderful step dad to us - for 6 years she was with him, then suddenly my beautiful young mother became very sick and found out she had HIV. Meanwhile she cried and begged the doctors to recheck her because she had only slept with two people her entire life!

Turns out the new step dad also cheated on my mother and he did it with a former drug user who gave him HIV and then passed it to my mom.

HIV is a virus that is NOT restricted to drug users, sex fanatics and gays. It can hurt people like my mom.

When will we learn this?

I know a lady close to my mom who was married to a man for about 12 years and he had an affair so she left him and met what she thought was the man of her dreams. Turns out he gave her HIV and she was the best woman anyone could ever know so it can happen to anyone but I dont know if people will ever understand. It sure has made me cautious in my life. This boy had to grow up his whole life because of what his father did but instead of being filled will anger he has done so much good and has a good outlook on life. Congrats to him!

When will we learn this?

Oh man, I'm sorry. Such an awful disease and it does not discriminate :(

Have you seen the movie Kids? It's a story about a bunch of teenagers, most of them living very high risk lifestyles, drugs, sex, etc. Anyway, the only one who is pretty straight has sex with one person, while her friend is very promiscuous. She decides to go with her friend to get tested for HIV and gets tested herself in support of her friend. Turns out, the good girl ends up being positive, and the other one doesn't have it. The rest of the movie she's trying to find the guy who gave it to her before he infects others, but I won't say the end.

It's awful, but I think movies like Kids and stories like your mothers will hopefully show young adults and teenagers that safe sex and STD tests are important. I hope there is a cure for this awful disease soon. I know that we're getting closer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back