Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Benjaman for coming onto WS site and answering these questions. I really appreciate it and I would guess, other posters do as well.

What shampoo does he like? Does he feel he can't find his favorite brand?

How about tooth paste? Soap?

Then my other questions:
Does he remember Princess Diana? Her wedding and funeral service were all over.

How about someone like Andrew Dice Clay? ADC was just on celebrity apprentice - he can watch the episode here

Music
Then you have my favorite singer (well band) Blondie - does he remember her music?
Joan Jett?
the band Kiss / Gene Simmons

Does he smoke?
Like to read the paper in the morning?
Soap -Cheapest
Shampoo-Cheapest
Princees Di- who does not remember her
ADC-he is a Jerk
I like a lot of music 40's,50's,60's,country(Old),pop

Thank you Mr. Kyle for answering so many of our questions. Some of them had me smiling and laughing.

I'm gonna guess if you recall people talking about Dick Biondi's 'knock knock' joke, you must have been within the listening area of WLS am 890 at the time the joke was told on air. I guess I have some homework to do- and see if I can find out the date that joke was told on air, and how far the station broadcast during Biondi's show. that would give us a possible time and limit of area's you were in at the time.

I know AM radio broadcasts pretty far during the evening, and quite possibly covered a several state area.......

As for grits, I know they are sold in grocery stores in the Chicago area, so I imagine they aren't too hard to purchase.

ETA: WLS AM 890 could have been heard, hundreds if not a thousand miles away in the evenings, so it is unlikely this would specify an area.

Mr. Kyle,

Do your memories of Burger Chef include both Indiana and Colorado? Or just Indiana?

My theory is, if your first job was at Burger Chef- that would explain your memories of the head quarters, as all training was done at the HQ, (if I read correctly.) If you recall any Burger Chef in Colorado it is possible you may have transfered there upon your move to Colorado.

Mr. Kyle,

Do your memories of Burger Chef include both Indiana and Colorado? Or just Indiana?

My theory is, if your first job was at Burger Chef- that would explain your memories of the head quarters, as all training was done at the HQ, (if I read correctly.) If you recall any Burger Chef in Colorado it is possible you may have transfered there upon your move to Colorado.

And to follow up on these, do you remember anything about the Burger Chef Murders?

Mr. Kyle,

I remember several BC's in Colorado. Longmont, Aurora near 6th ave. their empty buildings were all over Colorado.
I have vague memories of them-I looked them up on the Internet recently.

Hello, Benjaman~ Great to see you on WS!

I know you are tired of endless questions. Thanks for taking the time to answer them here.

There was a question about the surgical pin having numbers before. Was this ever addressed?
It was addressed. X-rays did not show any. If there are any they would have to remove the screw to examine it-I will not allow that to happen.

Do you remember Divco-Wayne or Wayne Corporation, in Richmond, Indiana? And what they made?

Do you know the national park system and walking trails in Indiana?

Is there a special brand of Coffee and/or oatmeal you prefer?

For myself, I don't think you ever lived in or around Toledo, Ohio(at least for a long period of time). My experiences there for 2 years, I never found a place that had grits only hashbrowns. Waffle house in Harrison, Oh (on the Indiana/Ohio line) served grits, I ate there often, because of the grits. In Chicago area, Napersville and Romesville?, I ate at the Waffle Houses, but can't remember if there were grits.

NB, Ben thank you for answering these questions.
PS, Louisiana had many Burger Chef's.

Mr Kyle, is it possible your work could have been in a hospital cafeteria or school rather than a restaurant that customers came into? No one had touched upon that so thought it might joggle your memory if you had indeed worked in one of those facalities.

Hello Mr. Kyle -
I hope you check back with WB -
You had said in an interview you thought you had 3 brothers - was there a certain game you remember playing with them, like cards, outdoor stuff, etc..
or maybe the way they talked/things they may have said, or just fleeting images of brothers?

Benjaman:
Does Wichita, KS area have any memories at all for you?

I never heard of Centennial un til I saw it on a map Post 2004
Arvada -Denver suburb
Vail -Ski town ,rich-I do not ski.
Empire Colorado is sometimes known as the Empire State
Breckenridge or Silverthorne?-Ski towns I do not ski!

Welcome Benjaman!

Arvada has grown a lot since the 80's. We transplanted to CO and I'm not familiar with all the areas, just trying to think of what I saw along the way. We'd pass through Empire to head toward Denver for shopping.

I wish I could think of more, being stuck up in the mountains didn't help me learn too much about the Denver area. I would like to wish you the best on your search and thank you for answering all the questions here.

:blowkiss:

Mr. Kyle,

Is your knowledge of the restaurant industry solely food service equipment, or does it also include food itself. For example one would order their food supplies for a restaurant from such and such a place, say Steak from X company, Seafood from X company....

When I complete my email for Bob- with R3 Distribution, I would like to give him as accurate information regarding your restaurant knowledge as possible in order to focus on getting your info to those specific to that area of the industry.

Thanks a million! And some of your replies crack me up! You seem to have a great sense of humor.

:)
Cubby

Mr. Kyle,

Do you happen to recall the driving time your parents may have driven during childhood family vacations?

I can't get it out of my head, that you may have moved from the Indianapolis area to the NW Indiana area. Particularly due to the memory of your possible birth date being exactly 10 years to the day of Michael Jackson. You seem a little older than the age range I would have expected to be big Jackson 5 fans during the mid 60's to early 70's.... Unless it stood out, because you were living closer to the NW area of IN during their prime.

Now, this House on the Rock, is closer to the Madison area, and also Wisconsin Dells - which had (has) the Tommy Bartlett Water show. It seems like a longer drive than one might make from Indianapolis, as opposed to the NW IN, or NE IL area's.

On another note, while I being from the Chicago area had never heard of Burger Chef until you mentioned it, I did research locations and there were some in the far south - south west burbs of Chicago - (closer to the indiana/IL border).

Any thoughts on having spent time in the NW IN area or any recollection of how long your parents drove for vacations? were they 2-3 hour trips or a trip which might have taken 7 plus hours?

Thanks!
Cubby

One more 'dumb' question. How do you pronounce Chicago?

Do you say "Chi cah' go" - with a broad A as in swan,
or "Chi Caw go"? like the way a hawks crow would sound. One is specific to the northern burbs or North of Chi town, the other the south burbs blue collar regions.

It may help.... there were also some Burger Chef locations in Waukegan and Schaumburg in the Chicago area's.

I am wondering if we could give way on the more personal questions asked of Mr. Kyle and focus in on some of the ones along the lines of Cubby's, for example...the Burger Chef and the work she did around the radio station...

I do not want to stifle any ones creativity, but I have to step back and wonder how well I would do if I had a "room" full of strangers asking me some of these things. JMO.

I understand the food based and language based ones-I think that a lot of this work has been done by some of the linguists who have spoken with Mr. Kyle. IIRC, the overall feeling is that we should be looking in Northern TX, OK, IN , CO and perhaps KS for him when it comes to dialect. Makes perfect sense to me.

I am just trying to get a sense of what might give both us and Benjaman the biggest return for time spent...any thoughts on this??

We also have to realize he has been at this for a long time. Many questions as to preferences such as foods and other things have been covered by him personally if they could unlock any memory of the past.

I can imagine in 5 years he has redeveloped his sense of taste and likes according to what he has eaten after he was found. Perhaps it is not the best indication of his favored tastes from before. Experience with food is memory based, imo. Our likes and dislikes come from trying the foods, the texture preferences, the way we see the foods, and our sense of smell. If we don't care for one of those, we don't want to try it again. This can be skewed by the way it was cooked or prepared among other things dating back to our childhoods. Could his tastes have completely changed or are they the same as before?

Bejaman, do you have any recollection of significant events in history and where you were at the time, such as JFK's assasination, the fall of Saigon, Woodstock, the first moon landing, the fall of the Berlin wall, 911?

Do you have any recollection of serving in the armed forces in Viet Nam? Signing up for selective servce? Being drafted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa