SC SC - Marjorie 'Gayle' McCaffrey, 36, West Ashley, 18 March 2012 *husband guilty*

lauriej

'wild rose country...'
Reaction score
http://www.live5news.com/story/17193202/west-ashley-woman-reported-missing-by-husband

West Ashley woman reported missing by husband

marjorie.jpg

The couple's two children, ages 4 and 10, were at the residence when deputies were called out to the house.The children have been taken into protective custody as detectives investigate the incident.

McCaffrey said that he and his wife went out to eat on Saturday afternoon and returned home where they both got into a verbal fight. MCCaffrey said that he then took a walk around the neighborhood because he had a lot on his mind and when he returned around 7:45 p.m. he saw his wife in the bedroom lying down on the bed.

According to McCaffrey, his wife ignored him and he left the house to go their other house in Easley. McCaffrey told deputies that he left the Charleston home around 10 p.m. McCaffrey said that when he returned home the following morning around 6:30 his wife was gone.

According to investigators, when deputies asked McCaffrey why he traveled to Easley at the last minute, he said that he was "very emotional and distressed about his marriage and wanted to get some space and time away."

--what did he do between 7:45 ( when his wife was lying down ) and 10, when he left?

--she left, leaving behind 2 little kids to fend for themselves?

--good thing he got back home at 6:30 a.m. to see that they were ok. ( or he may have had to call justin young to go over..)

http://westashley.patch.com/articles/sheriff-looking-for-missing-west-ashley-woman
Sheriff Looking for Missing West Ashley Woman

When Robert McCaffrey returned to the home on Limestone Boulevard at 6:30 a.m. Sunday, Marjorie McCaffrey was gone, he said.

Her wedding ring, checkbook, car and car keys were still at the home. Robert McCaffrey also told deputies that his wife had left a typed note, the report stated.

..ah, a "typed note"....does robert expect us to believe then that only SHE must have been the one to type it?

From the OP link:

McCaffrey said when he returned home, he noticed that his wife's wedding ring, car keys and checkbook were on the counter. McCaffrey also told investigators that his wife had left a typed letter which he gave to deputies.

http://westashley.patch.com/articles/sheriff-looking-for-missing-west-ashley-woman
Sheriff Looking for Missing West Ashley Woman

..ah, a "typed note"....does robert expect us to believe then that SHE must have typed it?

Because its "soooooo" much easier to turn the computer on, open the word processing program, make sure there's paper in the printer, type something up and then print it than it is to find a piece of scrap paper and a pen to write the note out. BAER!!

LE should be able to find out what time the document was printed from Pc records and see if it fits into his already super tight timeline.
Also.. these kids are definitely old enough to tell whet they saw.. unless they happened to be away for the night while mommy and daddy went on a date night that seems to have gone terribly wrong.

It sounds like this was all premeditated to me!

Because its "soooooo" much easier to turn the computer on, open the word processing program, make sure there's paper in the printer, type something up and then print it than it is to find a piece of scrap paper and a pen to write the note out. BAER!!

LE should be able to find out what time the document was printed from Pc records and see if it fits into his already super tight timeline.
Also.. these kids are definitely old enough to tell whet they saw.. unless they happened to be away for the night while mommy and daddy went on a date night that seems to have gone terribly wrong.

It sounds like this was all premeditated to me!

--it was an "afternoon date".

"McCaffrey said that he and his wife went out to eat on Saturday afternoon and returned home where they both got into a verbal fight. MCCaffrey said that he then took a walk around the neighborhood because he had a lot on his mind and when he returned around 7:45 p.m. he saw his wife in the bedroom lying down on the bed."

--following the "date" --and his walk to clear his mind----she was 'lying on the bed'.

--he left 2 hours later , arriving home in the a.m. to find her 'disappeared'.

And no mention of the kids or where they were on Saturday.. just that they were there when he got home Sunday morning..

Does he really think people are stupid enough to believe this? Gah, more kids who lose both parents. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

where were the kids? I am guessing asleep the whole time (between 10 pm and 6:30 am)- unless they were shipped off to a relative because of the fight.
Hopefully they have some nosy neighbors.

Okay, their house on Limestone in Charleston is 3 hours 48 min to Easley, SC. Am I reading something wrong??

If he left at 10, he would get to Easley at about 2 am. He then sits there for half an hour, turns around and drives 4 hours back to arrive home at 6:30 am.
I honestly don't understand, unless there is another, closer Easley.

The river runs almost through their Charleston neighborhood. It also looks like there are many nearby ponds.

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/17193113/ ... estigation
Sheriff's office investigating disappearance of Citadel employee

marjorieLE.jpg

--video @ link--

"We are investigating all leads, a number of leads and all possibilities," Charleston County Sheriff Al Cannon said. "Mr. McCaffery was in Easley, we know at about 2 a.m., where he was stopped by a police officer and given a ticket."

"I'm giving that information out so folks up in that part of the state will be aware of this missing lady as well," he said.

Cannon said there was a note left at the home of Marjorie McCaffrey, but would not get into the details of that note. Along the same lines, a fourth page of an incident report that would have contained details about the letter was not provided.

Marjorie McCaffrey is described as a W/F 5-02, 155 pounds with Reddish/Brown hair and blue eyes. She is an employee of The Citadel as the military college's director of facilities finance.

Okay, their house on Limestone in Charleston is 3 hours 48 min to Easley, SC. Am I reading something wrong??

If he left at 10, he would get to Easley at about 2 am. He then sits there for half an hour, turns around and drives 4 hours back to arrive home at 6:30 am.
I honestly don't understand, unless there is another, closer Easley.

The river runs almost through their Charleston neighborhood. It also looks like there are many nearby ponds.

--right--we now know that he DID go to easley , b/c of the ticket he was issued ..( speeding robert ??)

--i had mapped it also, a 4 hour trip ONE way---leaving him about a 1/2 hour "to do whatever" ( ditch a body?) once he got there.

westashleytoeasleySC.jpg

--driving distance from A-west ashley SC, to B-easley SC.

--taking I-26W-- it's 222 miles-- 3 hours 39 mins
--taking 1-26W and US-378W-- it's 240 miles--4 hours 20 mins

Wait, what? He traveled 4 hours to get a half hour of space and time away from his distressing marriage and then got back into his car and drove 4 hours back?

Um. OK. I am waiting to hear if he is also an avid midnight camper.

where were the kids? I am guessing asleep the whole time (between 10 pm and 6:30 am)- unless they were shipped off to a relative because of the fight.
Hopefully they have some nosy neighbors.

--in the video i posted @ post #13, the Sheriff says they think the kids were still asleep when robert returned home.

--friends and neighbours also say that marjorie would never have left her kids home alone.

--oh---he gets home at 6:30 a.m.----she's gone! and he calls LE--- 11 HOURS later ?!?!

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2012/mar/20/charleston-county-investigators-searching-missing--ar-3442408/
Charleston County Investigators Searching For Missing Woman With Upstate Ties

In a prepared release, a Sheriff's Office spokesman said that deputies responded to a home on Limestone Drive in Charleston at approximately 5:45 Sunday afternoon. When they arrived, deputies spoke with 40-year old Robert McCaffrey, who said that his wife, 36-year old Marjorie Gayle McCaffrey, was missing and had not been seen since 10 p.m. Sunday night. Deputies checked the home and the area and did not find any signs of her, but her car was still at the residence.

Charleston County officials say that McCaffrey told them that he left to go their home in Pickens County at 10 p.m. Saturday and when he returned at 6:30 Sunday morning, his wife was gone. He said that he noticed his wife's wedding ring, car keys and checkbook on the counter and she had left him a letter.

They need to get a search warrant for the car in which he was stopped while speeding to/from Easley. Even though he had 12 hours to clean it after he returned from Easley, hopefully there is still some usable evidence in the trunk.

I'm more than a little tired of the "We had a fight and she left" story from these guys. I mean really.

It's interesting to me that the children have been taken into "protective custody". Protection from what, one wonders. They rarely, if ever, take the kids from these guys right off the bat. I don't think it's going to take too long for LE to figure this one out; husband doesn't seem to be terribly clever.

I agree...I can't remember a similar case in which the children were taken into protective custody. IMO this is a step in the right direction.

I find the term 'verbal fight' also interesting. I wonder if that's his phrasing or media's. If his own words it seems to imply he's minimizing whatever really occurred.

I'm so tired of these cases...these and the babies/young children who keep 'disappearing' to complete strangers. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back