Jaycee's Girls

jmo
i dont care if she was 11 or 29.....it's not consent either way even if she consented. it all sprung from kidnapping and rapes. nothing that happened after they stole her was 'consueal'. i guess maybe the law has a diffrent view.

I happen to agree with you on that. But the law tends to have degrees in its idea of crime. Fortunately, the crime of rate is now considered a major crime when it used to be they practically accused the victim.

At any rate, PG is gone for a good long time no matter what. And if there is any justice in the world, NG will be gone too. And with current events showing that women are just a vicious as men and not always a victim, chances are they will throw the proverbial book at her.

*looks at smiles to the left and again wonders why sometimes they are there :waitasec: and sometimes they are not.**

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I have blogged many times and in many forums but I actually just found this site yesterday. I thought I would share some thoughts about this aspect of the case.

So we know by now the older girl is 16. In two years she will be a legal adult. Do you think the purpose of dragging it out another two years, like some media outlets are reporting, is for the purpose of waiting until the girl is old enough to testify on her own without the defense team needing Jaycee's parental permission?

There are so many issues that Jaycee has to deal with, and becoming a single parent in the midst of this has to be extremely tough. I don't mean to say she was not before, but
now she has to make all these decisions on her own which Garrido was probably doing before his arrest. It's one thing for her to deal with the world knowing about her, it's another thing the world knowing about her children. Wow, this has to be a tough thing for her.

How does her family deal with their anger toward Garrido without alienating the children he created? Wow, this is a tough situation all the way around. Jaycee has my support and prayers.

im assuming you mean the defense is hoping she wont testify or will give a glowing account of the wackos.
btw the charges that apply only to 'rape' and not 'with a minor' it wont matter what age she was if she testifies it was forced.

Obviously it's hard to procreate with your kidnap victim while you in prison, which is where he was for that short amount of time. If she never left the shed for 18 months, which is a year and a half, then in the backyard for 4 years, that means she was in the backyard until after the birth of the second child.

It's easy to prove their conception time, the first was when she was in the shed, locked in it. Even if she were over 14, she was still locked in there by him. There would no such thing as consensual sex in that case. I think consensual would imply that she had a choice, which she did not. He removed from her the choice, therefore no matter what age she was, it was not consensual.

Hello,
I am new to this forum. I have blogged many times and in many forums but I actually just found this site yesterday. I thought I would share some thoughts about this aspect of the case.

So we know by now the older girl is 16. In two years she will be a legal adult. Do you think the purpose of dragging it out another two years, like some media outlets are reporting, is for the purpose of waiting until the girl is old enough to testify on her own without the defense team needing Jaycee's parental permission?

There are so many issues that Jaycee has to deal with, and becoming a single parent in the midst of this has to be extremely tough. I don't mean to say she was not before, but
now she has to make all these decisions on her own which Garrido was probably doing before his arrest. It's one thing for her to deal with the world knowing about her, it's another thing the world knowing about her children. Wow, this has to be a tough thing for her.

How does her family deal with their anger toward Garrido without alienating the children he created? Wow, this is a tough situation all the way around. Jaycee has my support and prayers.

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you will stick around and contribute. Great post!!!!!:Welcome-12-june:

Jaycee and Terri are doing a great job of assuring the girls as private a chance to assimilate as possible, IMHO. You don't see them on the covers of magazines, in the tabloids or on the news.

I hope they are having the opportunity to make friends, go out in public and just enjoy themselves. I can not imagine the culture shock they must still feel, going shopping, watching what they want on tv, reading what they want and even going to school. I wonder if they have anger at their father, for the things he did to their Mother.

Jaycee and Terri are doing a great job of assuring the girls as private a chance to assimilate as possible, IMHO. You don't see them on the covers of magazines, in the tabloids or on the news.

I hope they are having the opportunity to make friends, go out in public and just enjoy themselves. I can not imagine the culture shock they must still feel, going shopping, watching what they want on tv, reading what they want and even going to school. I wonder if they have anger at their father, for the things he did to their Mother.
Their primary years were raised in a very unconventional home, they did not really know better, trained with a strange religion and lived in a hovel, so IMHO it will take time for them to grasp it all. I doubt it can be all told in one year or two. Like you said they need to assimilate and be in present time a bit. I am sure JC let them know as much as they can handle. I am sure she is guided by a professional.

Again IMO as they can formulate the questions they most likely get more information. but at first all they know is life seems a bit nicer now, and N&G did something bad, not what God wanted at all. :(
It will be their second Thanksgiving soon :) I am sure they have grown a lot. I am glad they are not exposed at all and do have privacy :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back