IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he didn't have a vehicle I don't think he would have risked anyone hearing shots fired. In the time it would take to walk out of the area LE could be on the scene. Just something I've pondered. I think he used a gun to control them while they were alive.

Small caliber pistols aren't all that loud and in a rural area, people wouldn't even look up from their lunch at hearing 2 shots from, say, a 9mm. All JMO.

As examples to my post above, see how the sun hits the bill on these hats I randomly grabbed from the web? I think it's safe to say he isn't wearing a baseball cap.

View attachment 110885View attachment 110886

As a photographer, I can say that I can tell it's just the difference in lighting and the angle at which the sun is hitting the hat. Different times of the day will produce different effects. It just depends on where the sun is in the sky at that point in time. I CLEARLY see a hat. IMO

If he didn't have a vehicle I don't think he would have risked anyone hearing shots fired. In the time it would take to walk out of the area LE could be on the scene. Just something I've pondered. I think he used a gun to control them while they were alive.

I agree. The guy whose property it was on would have heard gunshots someone on the trail. moo

Small caliber pistols aren't all that loud and in a rural area, people wouldn't even look up from their lunch at hearing 2 shots from, say, a 9mm. All JMO.

Exactly. I live in a suburb of a big city. There are some woods near me and horse farms.... I hear gunshots in the evening sometimes and think nothing of it. People just doing whatever on their property....

Just a quick timeline:

Monday - Feb. 13
Girls dropped off: Earlier in the day the girls were dropped off to go hiking.

Monday - Feb. 13: 2:00 pm Abigail posts snap-chat photo: The last photograph of Abigail Williams alive, on the old train bridge, was posted by Libby German on Snap chat at around 2 pm on Monday.
Note: Police do not know whether the girls’ killer used social media to see where they were.

Monday - Feb. 13 Liberty takes a photo/audio of the suspect: Liberty had taken the photo of the male suspect and recorded a video moments before her death that includes audio of a man talking.
Note: police believe that this is person is their suspect but they are also not ruling out the possibility that another person was involved.

Monday - Feb. 13 Afternoon girls did not show up to be picked up: The friends were supposed to be picked up from the trails by family later that afternoon, but they never showed up to the pickup location.

Monday - Feb. 13 at 6.49 pm Facebook post: Anna Williams wrote a panicky post on Facebook for anyone who had seen the girls to “please contact myself or the sheriff’s department immediately! The girls haven’t been in contact for about three hours!!!!”

Monday - Feb. 13 Evening reported missing: The girls were determined to be missing on Monday, hours after they had been dropped off to go hiking earlier that day.

Monday - Feb. 13 Evening search begins
: Police and volunteers start searching.

Tuesday - Feb. 14 at about 12:15 pm around midday on after police and volunteers had resumed their search from the night before, the bodies of Liberty German, 14, and 13-year-old Abigail Williams were found by authorities less than a mile from where they were last seen alive. The girls’ bodies were found nearly 60 feet from the edge of a creek on private property.

Are you referring to Kansas City? You cant really compare a town of 3000 to a city. I grew up in a rural area smaller than Delphi, and men under 60 definitely dress like the man in the photo. Sure in KC they don't. Different area.

Haha ... I guess we would really stick out like hicks in a lot of the places you all live. Here in SE Michigan and everywhere we go for weekend drives in the lower half of Michigan or upper Ohio nearly everyone is dressed similarly --- the guys all in denim jeans and tee shirts and zip sweatshirts with hoods, a flannel shirt and/or light-weight jacket. Layers are quite common. And this is the kids on up through us oldies. Of course, we are mostly farmers and grease monkeys and construction workers, I suppose.

Yes, the family writes the obituary, I know that. Has the family said they chose that date, or have people who are convinced the girls died at the same time been the ones who said that?

I'm not "creating" anything. I'm reading the obituaries, and find it interesting that the death dates don't match.

And actually, I think that's worth sleuthing. We've either got a guy who was missing a couple hours, or one who was in and out over a 2 day period.

My experience only:
When we had to arrange funerals, the funeral home asked us for the dates, and also got the death certificates for us. No one asked for a coroner's report or death certificate at that time. Seems unlikely to me that a specific date or time was known when they had these funerals. In these cases, the family chooses whether it will be listed as the last date known to be alive or the date they were found.

As a photographer, I can say that I can tell it's just the difference in lighting and the angle at which the sun is hitting the hat. Different times of the day will produce different effects. It just depends on where the sun is in the sky at that point in time. I CLEARLY see a hat. IMO

I noticed the sun appeared to be casting some pretty steep shadows, so I think a hat brim wouldn't be that obvious. Like you said. I was so surprised by the shadow angles I even went back to check the time. I still can't decide what I'm seeing regarding hat or not.

Not a photographer, but I agree, I see a hat with dark hair coming out from underneath.

The only reason I tend to think they planned a meetup with somebody is that on day one, police said to be aware of what your kids are up to. I bet we won't hear this bit of info until this goes to trial.

Yeah, that stuck out to me too. Tremendously.

It's easier to think this is some experienced old SK drifter but I'm having trouble with that due to, IMHO:

1) The outfit and body type look like typical-rural twenty-somethings to me. I absolutely do not see an older man. Those aren't Mom jeans - they are Wrangler or Lee or Carhart loose jeans young working men wear if they are doing physical labor or are a bit overweight.

2) The perp is clean and looks groomed, maybe inclusive of a young-man's chin beard.

3) The perp photo is on the southeast end of the bridge, right? Yet the girls were found on the north side of Deer Creek. I almost have to wonder if the initial SE bridge photo was just taken in wondering about who the guy was or if he was in the background when Libby was taking photos of Abby on the SE end. Somehow, everyone ended up back on the NW entry point, then down the hill to the creek.

4) The audio I hear, and the words of the presser, are just "down the hill." It possibly is not a command, but a directional guidance.

5) The school day off was just local to Carroll County, right? Please correct me if I'm wrong. But Feb 13 was not a Purdue snow day or even a snow day off from other counties, right? So either the clean BG just happened to be there, on a Monday, and was trolling for kids to murder, or he knew kids would be there because of the unique-to-Carroll County day off from school.

A .22 or .25 wouldn't make much noise. .22 and .25 caliber handguns are what I call "assassin weapons". The round goes in and may bounce around a bit, especially the cranium, and won't make an exit wound.

seriously i live in a rural area, people wear their pajamas an gumboots, whatevers comfortable, i don't even look twice any more. the fella is storing ?? in his jacket (i'd guess booze) i don't dress pretty i might where old man pants, but i am female if i work out side, or hike with dogs its comfort and protection against elements. But if i go city you would not recognize me

bbm - maybe just what our perp did.

I'm also a photographer. :) It is direct sunlight from the left, the same as it is in the images I picked showing baseball caps. My opinion is still def not a baseball type hat. I'm almost sure that would have been in the description if they were sure.

Wow! It is illegal to walk on the bridge which is private property, owned by the RR? If this is true, perhaps he approached them as an authority figure with the RR and told them they were being arrested for trespass?

That's what the grandfather said. While tight-lipped about the evidence, LE have indicated that they have Libby's cell phone.

Where has LE EVER stated that they have recovered Libby's cell phone? They have repeatedly NOT said that, and have said only that they are using cell phone "records". Her information was retrieved through technology not the actual phone.

Haha ... I guess we would really stick out like hicks in a lot of the places you all live. Here in SE Michigan and everywhere we go for weekend drives in the lower half of Michigan or upper Ohio nearly everyone is dressed similarly --- the guys all in denim jeans and tee shirts and zip sweatshirts with hoods, a flannel shurt and/or light-weight jacket. Layers are quite common. And this is the kids on up through us oldies. Of course, we are mostly farmers and grease monkeys and construction workers, I suppose.

My experience only:
When we had to arrange funerals, the funeral home asked us for the dates, and also got the death certificates for us. No one asked for a coroner's report or death certificate at that time. Seems unlikely to me that a specific date or time was known when they had these funerals. In these cases, the family chooses whether it will be listed as the last date known to be alive or the date they were found.

I didn't mean to make it seem like I'm calling people who dress this way hicks. I was just giving perspective as I grew up in a very small town, and then moved to a much larger city metro area and have lived in KC since. There's nothing wrong with it, just explaining to the other poster that people in larger cities tend to not dress in a similar way.

I didn't either until they were described as faded and baggy, I'm assuming regular old Levi's. :) I too see them everywhere, however, I'm in the Midwest.

Levi's
505s is my guess.
I buy them for my son for work.
That's just how they fit .

Wrangler makes the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors