NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too tired to do this the right way, Peter, but these are answers to your questions.

>If you are right, he would know it also at night because he grew up there? Would he know, the police patrols the Parkway at night?

The police hardly patrol that parkway at night or during the day. Well, maybe now they do but they did not before the first body was found. That I am pretty sure of.

>Based on what you say, how would you profile the unsub in terms of age, education level, ethnicity and other details?

If we talk about the Manorville/Ocean Pkwy perp - the one with the butcher tools - I'm going with older man - possibly in his 60s at this point, high school, maybe a little college, white, loner, someone who works with his hands, a busy bee.

The other perp - the more recent dump and run guy - I'm going with white male, late 40s to early 50s probably someone who blends in with everyone else and has friends. I don't know about his education but I'm going to guess he has a nice car.

>Indirectly, it would also extend my suspect pool from construction workers also to farm workers, right?

Hmmm... maybe. If you are honing in on farm workers you are talking about a Central American immigrant. But the farm workers would be based out in Riverhead and most likely would not commute all the way to Ocean Pkwy to dump a body.

I'm going with someone who knows kids who had sack races at their birthday party... In fact, I posted a pic way back when on one of these threads of kids doing sack races with burlap sacks from the West Gilgo Beach Association's website. Definitely not hard for the average person to obtain.

Norfolk? I don't think you are in the right state. It's Suffolk County.

Not sure wher Norfolk is. try running the numbers again using Nassau and Suffolk Counties. The median household income here is more like $75,000 to $95,000. Narrow down to just bachelor men between the ages of 35 and 55 and that number jumps to over $140,000 a year on Long Island.

And meaning no disrespect for our victims, Craiglist and Backpage prostitutes are for the most part one step above streetwalkers. We did all the research on their ads and the reviews that were written about them. They charged as low as $60 and rarely higher than $200. That is why we often heard mention that the girls had customers that they regarded as "regulars".

There is more substance to the white truck parked in the exact suspicious location than all of the circumstantial evidence against CPH combined.

Extremely possible that the Pictometry plane caught our SK admiring his makeshift graveyard.

Too tired to do this the right way, Peter, but these are answers to your questions.

Tell me about it, I live currently between two timezones seven hours appart and squeeze sleep in between somehow.

>If you are right, he would know it also at night because he grew up there? Would he know, the police patrols the Parkway at night?

The police hardly patrol that parkway at night or during the day. Well, maybe now they do but they did not before the first body was found. That I am pretty sure of.
Someone said, they patrol, so I had to ask.

>Based on what you say, how would you profile the unsub in terms of age, education level, ethnicity and other details?

If we talk about the Manorville/Ocean Pkwy perp - the one with the butcher tools - I'm going with older man - possibly in his 60s at this point, high school, maybe a little college, white, loner, someone who works with his hands, a busy bee.
Make it 55-65 years, more than a bit college, knowledge about anatomy (it's not that easy to cut a human body to pieces and the cuts appear to have gone right through the joints), and I can work with this as thesis.

The other perp - the more recent dump and run guy - I'm going with white male, late 40s to early 50s probably someone who blends in with everyone else and has friends. I don't know about his education but I'm going to guess he has a nice car.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about that guy. Melissa Barthelmy's sister said, the man who called her was an "old white dude" and Terry said, a "white dude. most of the time drunk". But the victimology reminds me too much to Omar Thornton and the Waldo Rapist to get over the bridge without doubts.
When it comes to the car, I think, based on the timing, the details of the drop and admittedly because of my suspicion that it is maybe a construction contractor or subcontractor, more SUV or pickup. But well cared for.

>Indirectly, it would also extend my suspect pool from construction workers also to farm workers, right?

Hmmm... maybe. If you are honing in on farm workers you are talking about a Central American immigrant. But the farm workers would be based out in Riverhead and most likely would not commute all the way to Ocean Pkwy to dump a body.

I'm not homing in on someone yet. I still hope on our female board members about the similarities between the GB4 when used makeup and hair dye on them. As of yet, the victimology makes me nervous.

I'm going with someone who knows kids who had sack races at their birthday party... In fact, I posted a pic way back when on one of these threads of kids doing sack races with burlap sacks from the West Gilgo Beach Association's website. Definitely not hard for the average person to obtain.

Not hard to obtain, okay. But why? Plastic planes would be as easy to obtain. I always thought of the burlap as something, the killer had anyway at hand, but maybe I'm wrong.

Not sure wher Norfolk is. try running the numbers again using Nassau and Suffolk Counties. The median household income here is more like $75,000 to $95,000. Narrow down to just bachelor men between the ages of 35 and 55 and that number jumps to over $140,000 a year on Long Island.

And meaning no disrespect for our victims, Craiglist and Backpage prostitutes are for the most part one step above streetwalkers. We did all the research on their ads and the reviews that were written about them. They charged as low as $60 and rarely higher than $200. That is why we often heard mention that the girls had customers that they regarded as "regulars".

Now I see my mistake. When I looked over the statistics, I had Norfolk County somehow in mind and messed it up with Nassau County. Thanks for clearing that up. Also to Elizabeth, who mentioned it, but I didn't get the point. But it's Nassau County.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/36/36059.html
According to the census, the average income is 40k not 75 to 95k. And the average household had 3.05 persons in 2010. Which means, most of the households are family and couple households, which is consistent what I said earlier.

And because you try to "assume", Suffolk County is so different, lets take a look:
3.09 persons per household average (means minimally more family/couple households)
Average income: $35062 which in fact, according to the statistics, I can find under the 200% poverty line and also under the national average.
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/36/36103.html

Surely, I can find bachelors with big incomes. Question is, are those enough to feed all prostitutes and their pimps. It's not that the GB4 were the only ones who tried the LI business. There is obviously hard competition, which is the reason they all put up new ads every day and took risks in the first place. And it is the reason for what you describe as underground business. The more competition, the more advertisement.

And when it comes to what they charged, we know numbers for our victims. $250 an hour, $1000 a night. That doesn't exclude the occasional bj in a car for $60, fine, but you can't tell me, that someone from the Bronx drives out to LI for ONE $60 job. Not even from W.Babylon.

There is more substance to the white truck parked in the exact suspicious location than all of the circumstantial evidence against CPH combined.

Extremely possible that the Pictometry plane caught our SK admiring his makeshift graveyard.

I saw, there was something written, is that the company making those pictures? Can this company be found? The exact date would be interesting. Truthspider had an estimation between Jan and early April.

It's funny because I remember back in the spring when we all looked at this picture I had the feeling that it couldn't possibly be what we were thinking.

But, I suppose if our SK is retired or unemployed and lives nearby, it would make perfect sense that he could use any number of excuses as a cover for hanging out at the location of the remains. Maybe he enjoys sitting there and reading the paper or visiting the remains for god knows what...

The north side of OP is this SK's personal sanctuary. I am willing to bet money the people around this SK, his family and friends, can't deny the truth to themselves, because they know that he hung out in the exact area often, hiding behind a lame excuse like fishing, birding, cleaning litter from the roadside/brush, clearing roadkill, or other park related activities . Maybe this is why so many of the remains around long island were discarded on park property: so he could revisit the location again and again for hours on end. "I come to this park to read". I bet the SK had a really really hard time in December when his sanctuary was discovered, and I bet the people that knew of this activity of his were perturbed too. In the case of CPH, the people close to him would then become extremely perturbed in April of 2011 when the news about the phone call broke...a tough couple of days that must have been.

It reminds me of Timothy Bindner's hobby of repairing broken gravestones. The hobby gave him a perfect excuse to spend countless hours each week hanging out near his victims. It is believed that he buried his victims at the bottom of freshly dug graves, under the coffins that contained the corpse of the person listed on the gravestone.

It's funny because I remember back in the spring when we all looked at this picture I had the feeling that it couldn't possibly be what we were thinking.

But, I suppose if our SK is retired or unemployed and lives nearby, it would make perfect sense that he could use any number of excuses as a cover for hanging out at the location of the remains. Maybe he enjoys sitting there and reading the paper or visiting the remains for god knows what...

The north side of OP is this SK's personal sanctuary. I am willing to bet money the people around this SK, his family and friends, can't deny the truth to themselves, because they know that he hung out in the exact area often, hiding behind a lame excuse like fishing, birding, cleaning litter from the roadside/brush, clearing roadkill, or other park related activities . Maybe this is why so many of the remains around long island were discarded on park property: so he could revisit the location again and again for hours on end. "I come to this park to read". I bet the SK had a really really hard time in December when his sanctuary was discovered, and I bet the people that knew of this activity of his were perturbed too. In the case of CPH, the people close to him would then become extremely perturbed in April of 2011 when the news about the phone call broke...a tough couple of days that must have been.

It reminds me of Timothy Bindner's hobby of repairing broken gravestones. The hobby gave him a perfect excuse to spend countless hours each week hanging out near his victims. It is believed that he buried his victims at the bottom of freshly dug graves, under the coffins that contained the corpse of the person listed on the gravestone.

If he is a snowbird of some kind, going there and look for them would be his first act after back in the area. And since I think, he is alone, he wouldn't need too many excuses and as of yet, SCPD has to convince me, they would react on anything more subtle than carrying bodies around and asking the officers to lend a hand.

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/36/36059.html
According to the census, the average income is 40k not 75 to 95k....

SNIP....

Average income: $35062 which in fact, according to the statistics, I can find under the 200% poverty line and also under the national average.

Peter, all due respect, the more you post misleading information, the more you confuse the issue for anyone not familiar with the area. If you are going to attempt to sleuth this case thousands miles away, you at least have to get the simple stuff correct.

You are irresponsibly quoting the "Per Capita Money Income" from the U.S. Cenus report as "Average Income". Per Capita Money Income is defined as taking the total amount being earned by everyone in the area and dividing that number by the total number of people residing in that area. For instance, if a single mom with three children earns $80,000, her household's per capita income is only $20,000 ($80,000 divided by four people).

If you would like to correctly quote the average income you are better off looking at those same links that you posted and right below the numbers you quoted you will see that Nassau County has a median household income of $92,221 and Suffolk County is $82,984. As you can see, these figures are almost DOUBLE the National average (not under the 200% poverty line as your last post misleads everyone into thinking when they read it).

Even Wikipedia got this one right when they quote Nassau and Suffolk counties as having among the highest income levels in the Country;

Highest-income counties in the United States

Peter, all due respect, the more you post misleading information, the more you confuse the issue for anyone not familiar with the area. If you are going to attempt to sleuth this case thousands miles away, you at least have to get the simple stuff correct.

You are irresponsibly quoting the "Per Capita Money Income" from the U.S. Cenus report as "Average Income". Per Capita Money Income is defined as taking the total amount being earned by everyone in the area and dividing that number by the total number of people residing in that area. For instance, if a single mom with three children earns $80,000, her household's per capita income is only $20,000 ($80,000 divided by four people).

If you would like to correctly quote the average income you are better off looking at those same links that you posted and right below the numbers you quoted you will see that Nassau County has a median household income of $92,221 and Suffolk County is $82,984. As you can see, these figures are almost DOUBLE the National average (not under the 200% poverty line as your last post misleads everyone into thinking when they read it).

Even Wikipedia got this one right when they quote Nassau and Suffolk counties as having among the highest income levels in the Country;

Highest-income counties in the United States

Okay, fine. I bow to your knowledge. Now lets agree than we can ignore anything else because Suffolk County has enough money to feed all prostitutes of the world. :floorlaugh:

Goathair,

Do you have any more info you might be able to share on the sniper? I have a gut feeling about this one. The burlap/camo connection is really strong IMO.

Also IMO, with that whole 6 degrees of separation, I'd bet someone on this board knows someone who knows the SK.

I'd love to know more about the stories you've heard. Normally snipers would be thoroughly vetted for any hint of a psychological disorder or "kill for the thrill" mentality, so if there are some things you've heard suggesting this person is truly unbalanced, it would definitely stand out and might be a more recently-acquired, undiagnosed PTSD-like situation.

Ah, you have a point about the north side of OP. To me this right here means he is more likely to be from Suffolk County and gets on OP from Robert Moses Causeway. If he were from Nassau he would come from Wantagh Parkway. And if he came from Wantagh he'd have to do a u-turn to get to the north side of the hwy. Why do that? Would be easier to just do his dumping on the south side (just as overgrown with bush).

The other stuff about the beach being his playground - it's everyone's playground. It would be very hard to call someone a SK simply because they use the beach. That would point the finger at almost everyone.

As for the truck. I would think that LE would have found that truck by now. It is a very uncommon looking truck. I'm discounting it for now.

And because you try to "assume", Suffolk County is so different, lets take a look:
3.09 persons per household average (means minimally more family/couple households)

From your link for Nassau County (which I don't think the perp is from, btw):

Median household income, 2009 $92,221

Here's Suffolk County's:
Median household income, 2009 $82,984

Okay, fine. I bow to your knowledge. Now lets agree than we can ignore anything else because Suffolk County has enough money to feed all prostitutes of the world. :floorlaugh:

Not after they pay their taxes...

I don't understand why most here are so quick to eliminate Brewer as the SK of the 4 prostitutes. I still believe it's him. I do think the other victims were killed by someone else for sure. And I feel certain that Brewer disposed of Gilbert elsewhere knowing she was linked directly to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288