AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the father didn't make the attempt to get his court appearance delayed because his daughter is missing, then he has no choice but to show up. The court could issue a bench warrant for not showing. So the few minutes it took him to go today, didn't harm the search for Isabel.

Is there an on-going search for Isobel? :(

6+ days. Too much time is passing by!

I never blame parents in cases like this until I see some pretty hard evidence. That said, I am finding increasingly difficult to believe someone took that little girl out of her bed without alerting anyone, especially if it was through a window, she was 4 feet tall and 50 pounds, that isnt a small kid to be carrying through a window. Granted we do not know they entered/exited through a window so I will remain in the fence but from what we know right now I am just having a hard time believing this was a random abduction and that has nothing to do with what the parents said or looked like, it is based on the fact that abductions like that are extremely rare.

One thing I have learned over the years following crime is that things are always way weirder than I first assumed. On the other hand, if you take bits and pieces of a family and dont know them or the whole story, every family you look at would appear to be strange and dysfunctional including all of us. You really need the whole picture to draw any accurate conclusions about a person or family.
BBM

That is a good point about her size. She was not a tiny 6 yr old. One person would have a hard time carrying her out a window or even handing her out a window. This is a very confusing case, imo.

Amid the circumstances of having a missing - possibly kidnapped - child, I'm surprised that Mr. Celis didn't request a delay in the court appearance regarding dog issues. Doesn't seem like something that couldn't be put off until later. :moo:

It probably did not occur to him until Monday at the soonest. At that point, it would be too late to request a postponement in writing and get a response from the court, so he'd have had to go in today to ask for a postponement anyway. Why not just take care of business and get it out of the way?

After watching the dad going to court today, I am really really on the fence and falling over into the parents or one of the parents know something. I know not everyone reacts the same way...and I know I won't be very popular for stating this opinion but....

It is hard for me to understand why he didn't even glance, acknowledge, the camera men. He walked as fast as he could to get past them, didn't look up or make eye contact at all, didnt stop for a moment and beg for info, didn't greet them, didn't use those seconds to say anything to people watching. It seemed like he was almost speed walking to get past them.

I know people will say well maybe he was running late, honestly I could give a !%&# less about anyone or anything but getting my child back, so I would stop and take all the time I felt I needed to beg for any info about her location, if I got a fine for being late then so be it.

Maybe one of our members will see the posts about a floor plan and has the ability to do this type of thing for all of us.

Based on what data? I do drafting (AutoCAD) for a living. I started off doing land planning jobs, but for the last couple years I have been doing architectural work, office buildings mainly. I could draw what you need if I have an idea of what the layout IS, but if we had that, I guess we would not need anyone to draw it!

BBM

That is a good point about her size. She was not a tiny 6 yr old. One person would have a hard time carrying her out a window or even handing her out a window. This is a very confusing case, imo.

Yea and you have to figure the person has to HOLD her the whole time or she would run off probably, whoever did it couldnt just toss her out the window then climb through themselves in otherwords so that isnt easy with a kid that size, this isnt an infant we are talking about, she played sports, she was a strong healthy girl. I am just not seeing it yet.

It's possible that if someone did come in and took Isa, they made her walk. They didn't necessarily have to carry her out of the house.

Look at Elizabeth Smart and Jessica Lunsford.

After watching the dad going to court today, I am really really on the fence and falling over into the parents or one of the parents know something. I know not everyone reacts the same way...and I know I won't be very popular for stating this opinion but....

It is hard for me to understand why he didn't even glance, acknowledge, the camera men. He walked as fast as he could to get past them, didn't look up or make eye contact at all, didnt stop for a moment and beg for info, didn't greet them, didn't use those seconds to say anything to people watching. It seemed like he was almost speed walking to get past them.

I know people will say well maybe he was running late, honestly I could give a !%&# less about anyone or anything but getting my child back, so I would stop and take all the time I felt I needed to beg for any info about her location, if I got a fine for being late then so be it.
I come here to hear the unpopular beliefs anyway, not interested in an echo chamber. He may have been told by attorney or LEO not to talk to media but who knows, it is strange that he acted that way.

Based on what data? I do drafting (AutoCAD) for a living. I started off doing land planning jobs, but for the last couple years I have been doing architectural work, office buildings mainly. I could draw what you need if I have an idea of what the layout IS, but if we had that, I guess we would not need anyone to draw it!

The only thing we all have been working with is the view of the home via "google street map", of which, you have to scroll here, there and everywhere to get an idea of the area and the house.

It becomes difficult trying to explain things through a snap-shots and trying to piece the actual view of the home, if that makes any sense.

So what is still confusing me and quite frankly, annoying the living carp out of me is.....WHY can we not get a definitive answer as to exactly what time Rebecca arrived at work and what time her shift was SCHEDULED to start.

Same with whether Isa was in school Friday?

This is hardly privileged info, you wouldn't think, and although LE surely knows these facts, I cannot imagine it would jeopardize the investigation by giving that info to the public.

But what do I know with my zero time in LE? Hee hee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree!
The whole school could have the info. Regarding Isa... And the whole hospital could potentially have the info. Regarding mom.

Therefore, this is hardly secret facts to the case...
Even tho it is secret to US right now!

On Vinnie: Natisha, producer of NG show talks about what the neighbor said, and shows us the family yard.

According to Natisha, the Celis family dogs WERE OUTSIDE at 6:30 when the neighbor heard the voices and the dogs barking. So imo, there is no way they took the child with the dogs outside barking at them.

I think the 6:30 ruckus is a red herring. I think she was taken in the middle of the night, in the dark.

2ylvh4l.jpg

Another viewpoint-

The picture above is Isa's bedroom window. I am watching Prime News and this is the Isa's window with the neighbor's bedroom window on the opposite side of Isabel's window.

Since stranger abductions are rare, and rarer still stranger abduction from the home, there has to be suspicion on the parents...if only to rule them out. Their press conference didn't do it. The dad was definitely distraught and the mother was...not as much. Do they know/suspect who took her? Were they involved? Are they not in agreement to what might have happened? Many unanswered questions and not all the info is out yet.

My feeling is the parents are not involved. But I will admit to having the same feeling as you. I guess people handle things differently. I imagine myself either hospitalized or pleading outside my home every day, to the cameras.

But we don't know what the FBI may have told them about being careful what they say, so as not to spur certain things from the suspect, or whatever.

I don't blame those who are on the fence or suspicious of the parents. We know little and stats bear out parental involvement. It's not my feeling but like PAXIMUS said, websleuths is not about an echo chamber. We discuss and digest. And sometimes that leads us to the the truth.

Vinnie Politan just had their neighbor on who said her dog was going nuts abnormally at 6:30 a.m. the morning of the disappearance and heard men's voices, which also was abnormal. It would have been light out, and Mom would still have been home. Sure seems like a strange time to abduct a child.

The no tears crying at the parents' statement yesterday has me suspicious they at least know something, sorry. I always look for tears when people are crying like they were. I saw none in either parent's eyes or on their cheeks. Absent of more evidence, hard to point the finger at them directly, but the odds favor a family member as the perp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie