ME ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio.../29/gIQAqRIGbQ_story.html?tid=pm_national_pop

By Associated Press, Published: January 29

WATERVILLE, Maine — Some of the blood found in a Maine home where a missing toddler was last seen six weeks ago belonged to the little girl, an official said Sunday.

State Police spokesman Steve McCausland would not say how much of Ayla Reynolds’ blood was found in her father’s home in Waterville, where exactly it was found or how long it might have been there.

http://www.wmtw.com/mostpopular/30456815/detail.html

POSTED: 2:11 pm EST February 14, 2012
UPDATED: 6:30 pm EST February 14, 2012

PORTLAND, Maine -- Trista Reynolds, the mother of missing Maine toddler Ayla Reynolds, is making some explosive accusations today.

Trista tells News 8 that although she has not hired a lawyer she is planning to sue the Department of Health and Human Services because she says she had urged them to visit Ayla at Ayla’s father’s Waterville home and Trista says they did not.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

FBI in on investigation of toddler's disappearance
Police in Waterville say 20-month-old Ayla Reynolds was last seen at 8 o'clock Friday night. Justin DiPietro, the girl's father, reported her missing just before 9 a.m. Saturday, according to Waterville Police Chief Joe Massey.
According to Massey, the child was asleep in her own room, and everyone else in the house went to sleep. Massey said DiPietro was not home alone, but declined to say who else was in the home with him.
Police say the girl's mother, Trista Reynolds, lives in Portland.
The investigation involves local police, state police, wardens and the FBI. The Waterville Fire Department is managing search parties that include firefighters and members of the community.
Ayla was last seen wearing green one-piece pajamas with white polka dots and the words "Daddy's Princess" written on them.
She's 2' 9" tall and weighs about 30 pounds. She has short, blonde hair and her left arm is in a sling with a soft splint. Police say that injury was suffered three weeks ago when she reportedly fell down accidentally

386388_328645503831903_294805357215918_1302958_1795449284_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.295719007124553.87222.294805357215918&type=1

Please continue here...

TIMELINE:

ME ME - Ayla Reynolds timeline and media links *no discussion* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Latest update:

LE Press Conferences/Statements:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/aylas-uncle-charged-in-fight_2012-02-06.html

2/7/12 more@link:

Lance DiPietro, of 19 Ash St., was driven to and from the scene by Ayla's father, Justin DiPietro, according to Waterville police Chief Joseph Massey, who described the incident as follows:
About noon Monday, the DiPietro brothers were driving north on College Avenue near Hazelwood Avenue. Across the street, they saw Linnell walking north. Justin DiPietro drove his SUV into a nearby parking lot and stopped. Next, Lance DiPietro climbed out of the passenger side carrying a wooden novelty baseball bat and confronted the man.
"DiPietro confronted him and said, 'You've been saying stuff about my family. Knock it off,'" Massey said.
DiPietro then dropped the bat and stepped toward Linnell, and there was a short struggle.
Linnell fell to the ground and suffered a large cut on the back of his head. While he was on the ground, DiPietro kicked him in the face, Massey said. Police photos of the facial injury are consistent with a kick, he added.

http://www.kjonline.com/news/lawyer-aylas-aunt-telling-the-truth_2012-02-13.html

2/13/12 quoted from article:

Citing anonymous sources at the Maine State Police, Ayla Reynolds' maternal family released a statement Monday that the child's father, Justin DiPietro, failed a police polygraph test, bought life insurance on the child after taking custody of her and sought termination of child support payments after he had custody of her.
The statement was released on the website www.aylareynolds.com, which is run by Trista Reynolds' step-father Jeff Hanson.
Maine Department of Public Safety Spokesman Steve McCausland said Monday that he was aware of the Reynolds' statement, but wouldn't offer new information on the investigation.

2/14/12 from Waterville PD facebook:

The Waterville Police Department has charged Jeremy Hanson with one count of Criminal Mischief in connection with the breaking of several windows of the Dipietro residence. Hanson, 19, of Clinton, met with officers last night at the Waterville Police station to be interviewed about the case. Hanson confessed and was subsequently summoned for Criminal Mischief and Violation of Conditions of Release. The second charge stems from the fact that when Hanson broke the windows at 29 Violette Avenue, he was out on bail from a State Police case where he was charged with Driving to Endanger, Criminal Mischief, and Reckless Conduct with a Weapon. The Waterville Police Department does not have any details related to the earlier charges, which do not relate to the Dipietro family. It is unclear whether Hanson has any connection to the residents of 29 Violette Avenue.
Hanson left the Waterville Police Department after his interview and after being charged with the two offenses. He will appear in the Waterville District Court for the charges on May 8th, unless arraigned earlier.
On February 3rd at approximately 11:15PM, Phoebe Dipietro called 9-1-1 to report that someone was breaking windows at her residence. Police responded and found that multiple windows were damaged by an unknown object. A K-9 unit from the Kennebec County Sheriff's Office responded and conducted a track which led from the residence to a side street near the home, where the scent terminated leading investigators to believe that the suspect left in a vehicle.
Chief Massey subsequently held a press conference to discuss the incident, calling it "a cowardly act," and stressed that harassing, intimidating and illegal behavior was not helpful, and distracted investigators from their work to find Ayla Reynolds.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...oing-on-offensive-in-search-for-missing-girl/

2/15/12 more@link:

As the search for Ayla Reynolds approaches two months in length, investigators continue to sift through tips and leads that now number more than 900, according to Stephen McCausland, spokesman for the Maine State Police. McCausland said he expected the investigation to continue “quietly” this week, as opposed to very public searches in the Waterville area and press conferences that have punctuated the search for Ayla.

McCausland, who is the only law enforcement official making public statements about the case, has said that no one, including Trista Reynolds, has been ruled out as a suspect in Ayla’s disappearance. However, McCausland has said that investigators believe the three adults who were with Ayla on Dec.16 — Ayla’s father, Justin DiPietro; his sister, Elisha DiPietro; and his girlfriend, Courtney Roberts — know more about her disappearance than they have told police, including how Ayla’s blood wound up in the basement of the DiPietro home at 29 Violette Avenue.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/police-dipietro-family-could-be-helping-more_2012-02-16.html

2/16/12 more@link:

State police spokesman Steve McCausland said Thursday that the paternal family of missing child Ayla Reynolds could be doing more to help investigators.
He said detectives are encouraging the DiPietro family to keep Ayla's name in the public, something the family of Ayla's mother, Trista Reynolds, has been doing through a website, billboards and interviews with the news media.
"We continue to encourage the immediate family to keep Ayla in the headlines and to talk about her," McCausland said. "One side is doing that, and the other side is not."

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/1...-probe-continues?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

2/17/12 more@link:

McCausland says investigators have contact with the three adults who were the last to see Ayla, but that's about it. "The circumstances under their first version that the child was abducted, we dispelled weeks ago because it just doesn't hold water," McCausland said.

TR and Family Statements w/transcripts:

http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories/stories/wgme_vid_10853.shtml

2/13/12 video@link:

RR: I mean, look at her. She is so beautiful. She is. I don't know why people can't come forth and say something, you know. But this is what I want, for her to come home, to be with her family again. But again, I ask the public, and I beg everybody, please help us. Help us bring her home. Somebody say something. Come forth and say something because every day gets longer and longer.

2/13/12 from aylareynolds.com:

Sources close to the investigation have revealed some unsettling information that raises many questions. It seems that in addition to failing the polygraph test, Justin bolted from the police station after being shown photos of Ayla's luminol enhanced blood. We were also told that in addition to recently filing for termination of child support payments, Justin had taken out a life insurance policy on Ayla less than a week after taking her from Reynolds' custody.
Some of the best detectives in the country are working day and night on this case, trying to put together the missing pieces. We are still desperately hoping that the adults present the night of December 16th will come forward with the information police believe they are withholding. The pain caused by their unwillingness to confess the truth is multiplied every day and the sooner they unburden themselves the sooner this nightmare will end. Please do the right thing and speak the truth for Ayla's sake.

http://portlanddailysun.me/node/32254/

2/14/12 more@link:

Nearly two months after Ayla Reynolds was reported missing from her Waterville home, the toddler's mother, Trista Reynolds, says she's considering filing a lawsuit against the Department of Health and Human Services.
Reynolds claims DHHS workers didn't ensure Ayla's safety by conducting necessary checks and reviews, and says her daughter's disappearance may have been avoided altogether if they had.
"DHHS just didn't do their job," Reynolds told The Portland Daily Sun late last week.

http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories/stories/wgme_vid_10867.shtml

2/14/12 video@link:

Reporter: Reynolds says DHHS promised to check on the toddler and conduct background checks on those living in the home with Dipietro. And tonight, she says that never happened.
TR: It was agreed on paper when I was in rehab. Like, stated, written down, in front of two DHS workers, the supervisor, two doctors and an attorney. And you're going to tell me that you didn't go check on my daughter? For what reason? Give me one good reason as to why you didn't go check on my daughter. So yeah, I'm going to go up against you and I am going to fight you because I'm sitting here every single say wondering where Ayla is, what happened to her, and why nobody cared to check on her to make sure she was safe.
TR: Like, it's hard, and it's getting harder, like, we're on Valentine's day, and me and Ayla, this was one of our like, favorite holidays last year, we just spent the whole day together. We were each others valentine, you know? Like, I don't see her face. I don't hear her voice. I don't feel her touch. And not one person in that house can tell me what happened to my daughter.
TR: I can't do it anymore. Like, I want answers for Ayla.
TR: Within the same week that Justin took Ayla from me, he took out a life insurance on Ayla. Now, why did he take out that life insurance policy? I'm still trying to figure that one out myself. Because, who takes a life insurance policy out on their own child?
TR: You want to stop paying child support? Stop paying child support. But if you think your child is still alive, and you say you had nothing to do with this, why are you gonna go and terminate from paying child support if you believe she's coming home?
I was told that Justin had failed his lie detector. And that he- when he was shown a picture of Bugbug's blood, he up and bolted out of the police station. Why would you do that?

http://www.wmtw.com/news/30456815/detail.html#ixzz1mPHhUsdZ

2/14/12 video@link:

TR: You can't tell yourself that she's not coming home or she's dead because miracles do happen.
They should have checked on Ayla because, you know, maybe if they did, we probably would not be right here today.
She's still missing and she needs to come home and I'm really hoping that she is home before her second birthday.

http://www.wlbz2.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1454831718001

2/15/12 video@link:

TR: I'm done being nice.
I want to, you know, keep defending him, but how can I do that if he's not even talking to me or just explaining things? It's just not right. Not right at all.
I can just feel, like, I'm her mommy, you know, like, she's not okay. She's not alright, you know? So why keep playing the game that's being played? It's not a game. It's serious. And everyone that was inside that house that night, that knows what happened to Ayla, they're making this a game because they're the ones that can end this in a matter of seconds. All you gotta do is speak up and say something. Whether it was meant to be done or whether it was an accident.
Reporter: Do you think that if they said what they knew that Ayla would come home? That's all that is missing is them?
TR: Either she would come home or we would have our closure.
But you've gotta think, like, look at every evidence we've got right now. Not any of the evidence is pointing toward anything positive. Everything is pointing toward negative. So, how is that fair to her? Like then I wonder, you know, did she suffer? Was it- if it was the worst, was it just quick and easy or did she suffer from it? You know, like, that's not cool for a mom to wonder every day.
I just, I do got my doubts, but then I tell myself, I gotta keep the faith because miracles happen. They do happen.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...oing-on-offensive-in-search-for-missing-girl/

2/15/12 video@link more in article@link:

TR: I am going to try and sue DHS, and I will go against them and I will fight them. They- it was an agreement, like, written, I told everybody, it was two doctors, two DHS workers, a supervisor and an attorney present at the family team meeting when we made the agreement. The only way Ayla could stay in that house with Justin was if everyone got background checks done, the house was evaluated and approved of like, DHS standards and Ayla was happy and content and safe there. And even the supervisor from the department stated that she did not go check on my daughter knowing it was our agreement.
TR: Like, I hate it, I should not be sitting on TV asking and begging and pleading for people to bring my daughter home or bring justice for her.
I hate cameras. And I hate talking to people. I'll be the first one to admit it. But this is for my daughter. And if this is what I have to do, if I have to sit in front of a camera all day long for people to know that she is missing, and that I want her home and I want justice, I'll do it. Whether I like being in front of it or not.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/...nges-father-of-missing-toddler-ayla-reynolds/

2/16/12 more@link:

Ron Reynolds said Thursday his family is being torn apart because the father, Justin DiPietro, and others in the Waterville home won’t explain what happened before Ayla Reynolds was reported missing on Dec. 17.
“That eats me up every day,” an emotional Reynolds said from Portland, where he lives. “Why didn’t they protect her? Why didn’t he protect her? He was responsible for her safety and welfare.”

2/16/12 from aylareynolds.com:

As tomorrow marks two months since Ayla has been reported missing we continue to keep her foremost in our thoughts and will mark this sad date in our own personal way. We want to thank everyone that has kept Ayla in their hearts and prayers. Your concern for Ayla continues to be encouraging to us as we continue to hope for her safe return even while turning coolly to the business of securing justice for Ayla.

http://www.wcsh6.com/news/article/1...-probe-continues?odyssey=tab|topnews|bc|large

2/17/12 video@link:

TR: About two months into this, and I still don't have that one thing to tell me where she is. Or to tell me at least what had happened to her that night.
Yeah, I uh, I did text him this morning, and was just, bluntly out like, look, we're on two months today. Like, do you even care? I haven't heard from you, you're not talking to me. And you know, just, like I said, you know, come on. Tell me.
I'm still right here. And I'm fighting. And I won't let anyone get away with this. Justice will be brought for you, princess. I love you.

JD and Family Statements:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/...nate_2012-02-07.html?searchterm=ayla+reynolds

2/7/12 more@link:

"I just wanted to confront him and maybe have a war of words. It's pretty unfortunate that things escalated the way they did," Lance DiPietro said.
A short fight ensued. DiPietro knocked Linnell to the ground and kicked him in the face, according to police. DiPietro then got back into his brother's car and they continued toward Fairfield.
Justin DiPietro said he was unaware of the fight.
"I didn't see anything that happened," he said. "We didn't discuss what had happened."

http://www.kjonline.com/news/lawyer-aylas-aunt-telling-the-truth_2012-02-13.html

2/13/12 more@link:

A lawyer representing the grandmother and aunt of missing child Ayla Reynolds said Monday his clients do not know the circumstances behind her disappearance.
Steve Bourget, a general practice attorney in Augusta, said Phoebe DiPietro, 47, and Elisha DiPietro, 23, retained his services in early January, a few weeks after Ayla was reported missing from their home at 29 Violette Ave. The DiPietros approached him to serve as "a buffer between the press and their personal lives," Bourget said during a phone interview with the Morning Sentinel.

Misc. Info Timeline:

http://portlanddailysun.me/node/32328

2/17/12 more@link:

A source told The Sun that Maine State Police contacted the overnight store clerk at the Cumberland Farms, located on Pine Street in Portland's West End, saying that a credit card under the name of Justin DiPietro was used to purchase cigarettes at the store around 2 a.m. on Dec. 15, 2011.
Police were told that DiPietro was at the store with two other men, only one of which police were able to identify. The store clerk was asked to describe the men and the clothing they were wearing when they made the cigarette purchase and according to the source, the clerk was told the third man was a person of interest to the investigation.

Askfornina, I canot tell you what an amazing resource your timeline has been and how much you are appreciated for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes