AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless I have things mixed up, LE were investigating at least 2 separate victims. DH's victim was not the same as the other two.

Of course, given the weirdness of the situation, there could be more coming to light.

"tip of the iceberg...."

To be quite honest, it's been next to impossible to get hard and fast answers to many questions that we would think are straightforward.

One problem is LE is not sharing much information with anyone, not even the family. First, they were told one thing, then another. I thought the last information I had was verified by phone records, but it hadn't been yet. Now it has been and it matches what I had thought in the beginning. I am sorry that things are coming out piecemeal and sometimes incorrect. Imagine what the family feels like when they're told one thing, then another.

No need to apologize at all. You're right about impossible to get hard and fast answers though and no, I could not imagine how the family feels having never been through anything similar myself. I hope you didn't take anything accusatory out of me asking the reason for the change of date again. I was merely trying to determine what led to the change to try to determine if the date has been been confirmed now or if it is a situation where it is simply the best information we have but subject to change.

You know, it amazed me what LE is capable of when the machine runs like it should. a few weeks ago there was a triple burder in my area and two of the victims were children. Bodies found on remote dirt road. Crime solved in less than a week with LE constantly making statments. THIS is how it sould be. If LE is quiet people think nothing is happening and the sense of insecurity and anger just escalates. If for no other reason than to placate the public and keep the names of the victims out there i think LE needs at least twice weekly pressers in missing persons and murder cases. Period.

As far as making remarks about the family- I am entitled to an opinion here - I happen to live in Alabama and know a good bit about the cycle of meth and other drug addicition and abuse that runs in families and in communities and PARENTING has a lot to do with these problems.

Praying sleuthers, pray they find the young woman Honesty saw yesterday, BW's step mom says the bag matches.... type and color... Thank you!

I don't think it's far fetched to think it's possible that Brittney hitched a ride with a trucker and is in TN. And if this happened, it's not far fetched to think she might be on the highway looking for a ride to another destination. I don't think teal bags are all that common and that is what stood out to me. Maybe the shorts and tank top are common but not a large teal tote type bag. I just wish LE would have jumped on this right away and sent someone out there. If she is alive and hitching rides, she may not stay that way for long. Very dangerous...

I was looking at RSW's fb page. He is really into role playing games. There are pictures of him posted on a fb page called Mini War Games about a week before all of this started. Theres also alot of activities listed that he does in Fairhope and with one guy in particular that lives in Fairhope I haven't been able to connect this to any of the other family members, but DK'S fb page is skimpy and DH's fb page is gone. I just thought it was interesting, because people have been known to take role playing games into real life. It may have nothing to do with anything , but we wanted some new theories. That's the best I can come up with now. It's also interesting to note that RSW has been in Alabama since 2010 and his family is still in Tnn.

DK has two FB pages.

Also, the place that RSW works at has alot of workers who have traveled here from different areas. When the plant first opened there was alot of community protest because they were bringing in so many out of state workers while local workers were not able to get jobs there. There are temporary housing communities set up for the out of state workers. Well, the last I heard there were. The workers then carpool to the plant from the housing areas. That is probably why he ended up in the Prichard area. I think that is an area that has some of the housing available for the workers.

I would be shocked if the uncles turn out to have nothing to do with this or if DHs suicide is just coincidence. However I do see that we have tunneled in on that. If we take the uncles and the suicide out of this completely....here is the timeline we have

05/30/12 @ 07:30 PM(CST) - CWs Home - BW leaves on foot possibly without a ride from her mom's in Tillmans Corner heading to Quimby Drive (per Klaas flyer). She tells her mom she is going to a friend's and tells her friend that she is going to DH's.

05/31/12 @ 12:07 AM(CST) - Styx River/Wilcox - Allegedly BW's cell phone was used to send a text message off of this tower's location. DH's cell phone was also pinged off this tower during that same time.

06/01/12 @ 01:47 AM(CST) - Grand Bay Truck Stop - Allegedly this location's cell tower is believed to be the last activity from BW's phone and was used to send a text message to a friend who was interviewed by LE but allegedly cannot recall the evening because this person was high at the time.

Can we think of ANYTHING to add to this that doesnt include DHs suicide or the Uncles arrest????

I know BW was known to have little fear BUT there is NOTHING safe about a beautiful 19 yr old girl going on foot (especially in the reported areas) at night. Anything could have happened!

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/22/mother-pleas-daughters-return-ar-4024436/

At 1:15 in this video, it reports that it's believed that Donnie gave Brittney a ride to the truck stop. FWIW

I don't think it's far fetched to think it's possible that Brittney hitched a ride with a trucker and is in TN. And if this happened, it's not far fetched to think she might be on the highway looking for a ride to another destination. I don't think teal bags are all that common and that is what stood out to me. Maybe the shorts and tank top are common but not a large teal tote type bag. I just wish LE would have jumped on this right away and sent someone out there. If she is alive and hitching rides, she may not stay that way for long. Very dangerous...

It makes sense to me. There has to be some reason that the local media has been so quite about this case. Granted, I don't watch television news much at all but I have been searching the local stations' web sites and searching for other local stories and there's hardly anything. The posts on the search FB page from friends and family are almost all focused on getting the word out to Brittney that she can come home, no matter what has happened, they want her to come home. I believe the general consensus is that she is alive and running. LE overly stresses that she is an adult and free to leave if that's what she wanted to do. She may not even know that her uncle is dead. I read a statement from her mother that said that they realized Brittney was missing when they began to try to contact her to let her know there had been a family crisis.

God, I hope that was her and that they get to her. Her poster still says she was wearing a t-shirt but I know family has said it was actually a tank top. The poster had her name spelled wrong up until the last day or two so clearly there could still be misinformation on the poster.

LE are probably walking a fine line here. Maybe they would like to share more information with the immediate family, but in view of the current family dynamics, are unable to do so.

I’m wondering if the latest victim that came forward with allegations about the uncles, was prompted to do so by Brittany’s disappearance. In other words, she/he didn’t want to end up missing too.

On the flyer for Brittney, it states that the bag was either pink or teal. These are quite different colours, so was it case of them not knowing which bag she took - the pink one or the teal one? Or could they not agree on the colour of the bag itself?

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/jun/22/mother-pleas-daughters-return-ar-4024436/

At 1:15 in this video, it reports that it's believed that Donnie gave Brittney a ride to the truck stop. FWIW

Ahhhh, I had not seen that and hadn't heard about this possibility. I wonder why they think that. Very interesting. I wonder why he would take her to Grand Bay and not to Tillman's Corner. Tillman's Corner is between Styx River and Grand Bay. Actually almost next door to Grand Bay.

Knowing Brittney had a warrant for traffic violations, do we know if she also had a court order to pay child support? I don't know why she wouldn't. If she lost custody in April, the first payment would be coming due.

A big question in my mind is how did Brittney finance her drug addiction. She's unemployed, living from house to house.

Snipped from thread 2 this link:
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - FEATURED AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - #2

Snipped from this thread that we're on now:

If he's so stinking innocent, then why did he confess? If DH had confessed, he would have been arrested & held, therefore we'd see a record of it. If DAK was the one to confess, he wouldn't have been able to post bond so quickly, if at all. Common deduction shows that the one still in jail is RSW. So I can only wonder why this sister isn't acknowledging this? Denial wouldnt even be logical. Just sayin'...

For your reading (dis)pleasure...

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/two-men-arrested-for-sex-crimes

Two men arrested for sex crimes
Updated: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 6:00 PM CDT
Published : Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 11:32 AM CDT
Joe Salvatore

Snipped:
The two suspects are Wood, 42, of Tennessee, and Kent, 36, of Mobile. Wood is charged with sexual abuse, sodomy and incest. Kent is charged with sodomy and rape.

"I cannot get into the investigation cause we have several suspects were looking at," said Baldwin County Sheriff's Office Captain Steve Arthur. "These arrests could roll over into Mobile County. We're talking to some authorities there."

Snipped:
Captain Arthur said the juvenile victim in this case contacted the sheriff's office. Investigators called one of the men she accused in for questioning, and officials said the suspect confessed.

"The age of this juvenile along with the circumstances surrounding it make it a heinous crime," said Captain Arthur.

Arthur said the suspect who confessed gave them the name of the second suspect in this case.

He bothers me the most. As another member stated, his arrest shocked me because of how "normal" and "moral" he appeared on his fb page. Which means he had the most to lose if his "dirty little secrets" were exposed. His military career is over. The fact that several people refer to DH as BW's "favorite uncle" implies to me grooming on his behalf. Its not unusual for a victim to love and want the approval of the perp. Especially a victim with an addiction and men who will prey on that need. No way do I believe these "Uncles" are not involved with her missing. If I were BW, I wouldn't trust any of these people. I would at least be watching for where the chips fall, especially since there is so much denial going on. No way do I believe that whomever the victims are of these Uncles, that there is only one, or two, or three... more like generations of victims. I would run from this mess, get my life together far away and come back for my child. One can hope.

That is exactly what I have been mulling over the past few days.

IMO... Someone and Someone Else were seriously pizzed off about the investigation and if BW was a potential witness or had information to support the allegations (not saying she did - just hypothetically considering how close they were reported to have been) then that would be a good motive for her disappearance...

If DH was going to be facing serious jail time and/or he was feeling guilty for that and/or if he was involved in BW's disappearance then suicide might have felt like a better option for him...

If DK was a participant in the abuse and/or BW's disappearance then shifting the focus onto RSW and getting him off the track of hunting for BW and possibly discovering clues... well you can connect the dots regarding motive for taking him out of the picture & discrediting him as well.

These are just my possible theories for motive and opportunity... and are totally subject to change at the drop of a hat.

:fence:

RSW is my suspect...you know how perps often get very involved in the case and search? Well i find it interesting that he was the "face" of the search for BW and as such liaised with Klaas kids.

I don't know if he is the one who killed her, but he was part of the clean up. If DH and she ended up tangling and she was murdered then he could have called RSW for help...and only later realized not only what he had done but how he would be implicated and shot himself.

That takes care of the question of why not just leave her there.

Or one or more of the two arrested could have met with DH and Brittney and taken her away with them. I just don't believe they left her alive in GB for a minute.

jmo

You know, it amazed me what LE is capable of when the machine runs like it should. a few weeks ago there was a triple burder in my area and two of the victims were children. Bodies found on remote dirt road. Crime solved in less than a week with LE constantly making statments. THIS is how it sould be. If LE is quiet people think nothing is happening and the sense of insecurity and anger just escalates. If for no other reason than to placate the public and keep the names of the victims out there i think LE needs at least twice weekly pressers in missing persons and murder cases. Period.

As far as making remarks about the family- I am entitled to an opinion here - I happen to live in Alabama and know a good bit about the cycle of meth and other drug addicition and abuse that runs in families and in communities and PARENTING has a lot to do with these problems.

I have to agree with you!

Only problem with your theory is that one of the 2 people le charged with heinous disgusting sexual crimes to a child confessed & ratted out the other. Deduction & logic leads me to believe le wouldn't knowingly & wantonly throw a self confessed abuser right back put on the streets.

I love your posts Jersey, and in no way mean any disrespect to you, but LE has MANY times thrown self confessed abusers right back on the street, especially the ones that snitch others out.

DK has two FB pages.

Also, the place that RSW works at has alot of workers who have traveled here from different areas. When the plant first opened there was alot of community protest because they were bringing in so many out of state workers while local workers were not able to get jobs there. There are temporary housing communities set up for the out of state workers. Well, the last I heard there were. The workers then carpool to the plant from the housing areas. That is probably why he ended up in the Prichard area. I think that is an area that has some of the housing available for the workers.

I don't remember it being confirmed that RSW was staying in the Prichard area. He might have been, but he could have easily lived across
the bay, and traveled the I-110 connector to work. Even if he was staying in the Tillman's Corner area, he would still have to pass thru Prichard
on the Interstate to get to work.
If he were staying in housing for workers I would think he would have stayed in the area north of Calvert - shorter drive to work, shorter drive home to TN -
I realize some of his FB posts show "Prichard" as the location of the post, but some also show "Saraland" and "Turkey Branch"....there are others as well.
I believe he was 'texting n drivin'.

Then his phone would have had to ping there also if they believe that!
Otherwise why would they say that?

I was looking for the link, but I cant find it. I do remember reading that both their phones pinged there at the same time. Its somewhere, still looking.

Then his phone would have had to ping there also if they believe that!
Otherwise why would they say that?

Good question. As you say, perhaps his phone pinged there. Or it could be someone wants he and Brittney placed there together. Is Donnie the fall guy?

I don't remember it being confirmed that RSW was staying in the Prichard area. He might have been, but he could have easily lived across
the bay, and traveled the I-110 connector to work. Even if he was staying in the Tillman's Corner area, he would still have to pass thru Prichard
on the Interstate to get to work.
If he were staying in housing for workers I would think he would have stayed in the area north of Calvert - shorter drive to work, shorter drive home to TN -
I realize some of his FB show "Prichard" as the location of the post, but some also show "Saraland" and "Turkey Branch"....there are others as well.
I believe he was 'texting n drivin'.

Some also show near Calvert, Al. too. I have seen a couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth