2010.04.24 The Laundry Revisited and GGM Sykes Visit.

I'm pretty sure Aunt Lisa could clear up a lot of what's been discussed about this alleged laundry run by GGM. Wonder why we've never heard a single word from her?

I know if someone was casting doubt on what my mother had said about something and I was there to know better, you wouldn't shut me up.

Some things to ponder:
Maybe that story was 9 days late coming out, only to the public. Maybe she had already made that statement of dropping the laundry off to LE right off the bat, but of course they neglected to tell us about it, it only came up on NG.
It's possible that Ggma had not yet washed the clothes Mon. morning when Ron and Misty drove over there to get Haleigh's favorite outfit. Plus, she may not have wanted to do laundry on the Lord's day, many women of her generation don't.
How do we know that Ron and Misty actually drove over to get Haleigh's favorite outfit Mon. morning, since that came from Misty's mouth? Are we picking and choosing which lies are true lies now?
As for changing the time, I think it was TN who first said, 7 pm. then later it was stated as being between 7 and 8. Well, 7:30 is close enough, I don't think LE would haggle over a few minutes difference.
Personally, I believe her. Grandmas are notorious for doing extra things for their children and grandchildren. My mother did it for us all the time when I was single. A barely 17 y.o. girl is probably not going to take the time to check for stains, turn things right side out, and pretreat like an older woman would. (I didn't trust my stepdaughter to do the laundry either, she had a tendency to stuff wadded up clothes and socks in the washer without shaking them out or emptying pockets. Rather than gripe, I just did it myself.)
Okey-dokey... just giving y'all some things to think about.

Misty probably thought doing Ron's laundry along with hers was "romantic." That's when Granny turned everything except Haleigh's and Jr.'s clothes over to her to do. Don't blame her a bit... she's tired, means less chores to do in her old age.

Charlie, it makes less sense when you listen to Tape #3 of those Cobra/RC tapes and hear Ronald say he dropped Haleigh off at the bus stop that morning.

Papa - I'm going to spill this. I find Ron as credible (or should I say incredible) as Misty. Ron claims to have done everything, except come home to check on his kids after a fight and 20 to 90 unanswered calls afterwards. I find little to believe in when Ron speaks.

There was a video of TN and Haleigh's clothes and she had lots of them, IIRC we thought it looked like some of them still had tags on.
I saw that vid too and I wondered if someone went out and bought new clothes when they knew the police would be there searching or for the video to make it look like she had more clothes in her closet, Im not saying they couldnt afford new clothes but it is a thought that they would want to make it appear that the baby was well taken care of, or maybe they threw out old clothes with potential evidence on them and bought new ones in a hurry who knows. My opinion only...but I did see that...

IIRC the quotes on "no laundry soap" came from Ron to TM & the beds were not slept in as well. I believe he said this elsewhere as well, but I am sketchy as where, so please feel free to discount lol. As far as the washer running when LE got there, LE has never confirmed this & I can't remember the source it came from. Anyone care to help???
I want to knw that too, I read that same thing, that the washer was still running, does anyone know where that came from??? that is a BIG RED FLAG if you ask me...

MC's story was that she was doing laundry (even made sure to tell 911)
MC spoke about Haleighs blanket smelling like pee
MC said she covered Haleigh with a sheet that night
MC said her blanket was in the van that "they" took
MC spoke about taking the blanket from the window
RC said there was no detergent in the house
Someone said there was dirty clothes in the dryer
TN stated there was always dirty clothes on the floor
The shirt Haleigh was supposed to be wearing showed up in the laundry pile
Someone stated the back door could have been propped by the laundry
GGMS says she took freshly washed clothes to the mh that night
GGMS is saying the children put on shirts while there
Supposedly RC had to race like a bat outta he!! to retrieve clothing for Haleigh at GGMS's

I don't know, but there sure is a lot of talk about laundry here.

Did we learn anything new about GGMS delivering laundry on NG the other night? Your thoughts on what GGMS said about the laundry on NG.

Actually I am more confused and have more questions since she spoke on NG the other night.
My questions pertain to the comment she made about Misty getting the children's shirts on. Why did Misty do this? Did they not have a shirt on?
Did they change from a dirty shirt into a clean one? Did they put a long sleeve or sweatshirt on due to it being a chilly evening? Did GMA Sykes read about the questions imposed here as to why the children would be eating an evening meal at 7:30 on a chilly screened in porch and do a CMA?
Is there anything easily answered about this case? :banghead:
One thing new I did learn is that she did the kids' laundry to make sure and get the stains out. That is a nice gesture, imo. I am not too fond of stains, either! Better resale value on E-bay if stain free-stain stick is my friend!

ANNETTE SYKES, HALEIGH`S GREAT-GRANDMOTHER: I stopped by about 7:30 to drop off some laundry that I had done. I always did the children`s laundry just because it`s something I`ve always done. And the children were on the front porch with Misty. They were eating supper. And when we drove up, Haleigh jumped out of her chair and come running up and gave me a hug. And Junior came out and gave me a hug, and I gave them a kiss. And Misty walked out. She helped carry some of the clothes into the house and got the children`s shirts on, and they got back up to eat supper. I gave them a kiss, told them good-bye, and I got back in the car and left.

GRACE: So all along, Ms. Sykes, Misty Croslin has told us that that evening she spent that evening doing laundry, doing the kids` laundry. So that`s not true. You did the laundry?

SYKES: She did hers and Ronald`s and the household laundry, but I did the children`s clothes because I didn`t like them -- I didn`t like them to have stains or anything on them. I`m real -- I just always did their laundry, the children`s laundry. They did their own...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

No, I have no problem with her doing the laundry. The importance of stain removal now makes sense to me and Misty wouldn't be anal about it. It just seems to me that she might have liked to have the excuse to drop by frequently to check on the children who were being taken care of by seemingly unreliable people and I wonder about some things that she might have seen.

It was interesting how Misty's babysitting skills were praised by TN because Haleigh was always dressed like a queen but some of the credit belonged to AS who took care about her clothes.

Donjeta, I hope you don't mind, I'm bringing your post over from the other thread, so I can reply..I agree with you, I have no doubt that GGMS would take every chance she could to check up on things @ the MH. At the same time, I also have to imagine at her age it was quite a relief when Ronald had another female in his life to take care of the children. As a grandmother myself, as much as I love spending time w/my g-children, they wear me out!..and I'm not near GGMS's age..quite yet. :)

Also agree re: TN and her praise of Misty. Outward 'appearances' seem very important in this family. I find that interesting for some reason, given what we know of them at this point. It makes me think back to something else that bothered me in Ron's first appearance before the camera. When asked about HaLeigh, the one thing that he kept repeating over and over was how well behaved she was. To this day, that disturbs me..

I mean really, why would how well behaved your child is be one of the first things that's on your mind within hours of your child being 'kidnapped'? OT again on this thread I know, but does that strike anyone else as SUPER-STRANGE, or is it just me?

Some things to ponder:
Maybe that story was 9 days late coming out, only to the public. Maybe she had already made that statement of dropping the laundry off to LE right off the bat, but of course they neglected to tell us about it, it only came up on NG.
It's possible that Ggma had not yet washed the clothes Mon. morning when Ron and Misty drove over there to get Haleigh's favorite outfit. Plus, she may not have wanted to do laundry on the Lord's day, many women of her generation don't.
How do we know that Ron and Misty actually drove over to get Haleigh's favorite outfit Mon. morning, since that came from Misty's mouth? Are we picking and choosing which lies are true lies now?
As for changing the time, I think it was TN who first said, 7 pm. then later it was stated as being between 7 and 8. Well, 7:30 is close enough, I don't think LE would haggle over a few minutes difference.
Personally, I believe her. Grandmas are notorious for doing extra things for their children and grandchildren. My mother did it for us all the time when I was single. A barely 17 y.o. girl is probably not going to take the time to check for stains, turn things right side out, and pretreat like an older woman would. (I didn't trust my stepdaughter to do the laundry either, she had a tendency to stuff wadded up clothes and socks in the washer without shaking them out or emptying pockets. Rather than gripe, I just did it myself.)
Okey-dokey... just giving y'all some things to think about.
I've got to give GGS the benefit on this one. A kid can ruin a new outfit after one wear, if the stains aren't instantly treated. If the clothes are washed & dried 1st., the stains are set for life. If GGS was buying some of these clothes, she might have taken special care of them, so as to not waste her money. & I don't know where Ron was living before the trailer, but he may not have had a washer & dryer, so maybe GGS got in the habit of doing their laundry.

I believe that GGS did do the kid's laundry, but I'm not convinced that's the reason she went to the trailer. She has admitted that she was mad, so I think that's more likely, the real reason. There's something about her admission, that nags @ me.

I want to knw that too, I read that same thing, that the washer was still running, does anyone know where that came from??? that is a BIG RED FLAG if you ask me...

I saw it in an article someone posted the other day... But I remember way back last summer this being discussed on another blog... So that information is not new to me...We just couldn't find a credible source, but IIRC someone said it was stated on the police report..Problem is I nver saw that information on the police report..Maybe there is another one we haven't seen yet...JMO

Papa - I'm going to spill this. I find Ron as credible (or should I say incredible) as Misty. Ron claims to have done everything, except come home to check on his kids after a fight and 20 to 90 unanswered calls afterwards. I find little to believe in when Ron speaks.

IMO, there's a couple of other names that should be added to the list in your post.

February 7, 2010

On Feb. 9, the night after Croslin returned to Cummings' mobile home from the weekend of partying, Sykes dropped by. She said she was upset that Croslin had gone off and left her grandson without anyone to watch over the two kids.

"I was mad because Ronald let her come back," she said. "But it's his house. There wasn't nothing I could do about it other than be mad."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_1

April 22, 2010

GRACE: So all along, Ms. Sykes, Misty Croslin has told us that that evening she spent that evening doing laundry, doing the kids` laundry. So that`s not true. You did the laundry?

SYKES: She did hers and Ronald`s and the household laundry, but I did the children`s clothes because I didn`t like them -- I didn`t like them to have stains or anything on them. I`m real -- I just always did their laundry, the children`s laundry.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/22/ng.01.html

I can see no way these two statements made this year are any less than completely disingenuous to what GGM said last year, NINE days after Haleigh disappeared.

February 19, 2009

"She fed them. She bathed them. Every morning when Haleigh went out to go to school, she looked like she just stepped out of a beauty shop," Sykes said. "Y'all don't know her. Those children love her, and she loves them. I know everybody makes a big deal that she's only 17, and that's true, but she's a lot more mature than a lot of people that I've seen and that I know who are 25 and 30."

http://www.news4jax.com/news/18751152/detail.html

Right now I'm thinking GGMS may have spent most of her evening getting stains out of Haleigh's shirt....JMO

There was no laundry detergent, dirty clothes were in the dryer, and piles of clothes were in the floor. That type of living is why Ms. Sykes had to wash the kids clothes. It probably had nothing to do with stains, but more to do with wrinkled and dirty clothes being fluffed in the dryer and worn again. Probably even wearing dirty mismatched socks. She had to do it because no one else would. To get up on Monday morning and suddenly realize a child has no clothes for school is horrible. Ron was being enabled and some stranger underage girl didn't need to be put in charge of those kids. About the blanket, I figure it was either washed elsewhere or even replaced with a matching blanket. Since the grandmas didn't wash the blankets maybe they wouldn't even notice the switch.

I find it strange that GGM Sykes feels the need to explain, in such detail, that laundry was her purpose for dropping by that night. It's as if she's saying it to deny that she was there for another reason, like checking up on Misty (she is also...with the laundry story...able to certify that Misty was sober, helped her carry laundry). Why isn't, I dropped off laundry enough ? I know I am skeptical, but I feel like every statement is used to cover for something else.

Misty's statement about them having to go "alllllll the way to Welaka", to get the outfit Haleigh wanted to wear to school on Monday, raises red flags for me too. I wonder if Haleigh just wanted to go see GGM Sykes, did she feel it was safer there for some reason ? Maybe I am reading more into this than I should, but as they say, something's not right in Denmark (or in this case Putnam County).

bottom line is did she do laundry that night?

no she didn't

pee blanket or not.. she may have smelled the pee on the blanket that she wrapped Haleigh up in.. but she did not wash it. moo

Thank you for bringing up the nine days waiting re gma sykes saying anything. Over the course of this case she hasn't had any issues speaking out...........In my mind (scary) she/they were in the midst of planning no getting their ducks in a row.........THAT IS MY BIGGEST RED FLAG RE GMA SKYKES that and tn SENT gma sykes over to check on the children.

Also, I guess I was under the impresson that gma sykes was sent over there by tn for some reason to check on the kids/misty. Also if I recall correctly; the kids were eating sgettios on the front porch. Not sure about the "put a shirt on" comment........if she meant they had no shirt or they changed shirts.........but why change shirts in the middle of eating?

Re mc not wanting to babysit...........after a three day bing; never been there or done that but that would make sense she would ask someone else to do it; why family would refuse is beyond me. But many things are beyond my comprehension regarding this family; which I will consider a good thing.

In the link I posted above, GGM said

"I know everybody makes a big deal that she's only 17, and that's true, but she's a lot more mature than a lot of people that I've seen and that I know who are 25 and 30."

Misty was just barely 17 when GGM made that statement. She moved in with Ronald Cummings when she was 16. As to her "maturity", are you kidding me?

At about 15, Misty bought a bus ticket under a false name and moved to New Jersey with a boyfriend. After several months and with the help of a social worker, she was found and brought home.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...ed_ronald_and_misty_lost_their_way_long_ago_1

I know there is alot of talk about laundry but I don't think that is the reason they were over there. People are seeming to forget that Teresa said that SHE sent GMS over to the mh to "check on the kids". GMS just didn't decide to go over there to take laundry...Teresa sent her there. So, why did SHE send her over there...because they had no clean clothes? Well if GMS does all the laundry, she should know if they needed clean clothes or not. TERESA SENT HER THERE FOR A REASON.

And if there was enough laundry for 2 people to carry in.....What was the Aunt's purpose for being there? What was SHE doing while they were transferring all this laundry? Was she just along for the ride? Why no talk about her? I think the Cummings are keeping her out the equation for a reason and IMO, it has to do with her background skills....nurse. No one wants to talk about her, why?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back