Sidebar Discussion #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the dough recipe from the person who started the Chicago deep dish fad. One of the reasons it tastes so good is that corn meal is mixed in. Gives it real flavor. These kinds of discussions are why I cannot read here during the dinner hour. I could short my keyboard with all the salivating.

omg. I can't stand it! Notice my avatar? Taylor Street, circa 1959.
:seeya:

WOW!!! Just getting home from the movie - one of those where they actually do drinks IN the movie and didn't drink it. But heck - now that I'm home and don't have to drive (or worry about Chantix moments)........ I'll have a vodka tonic while reading the threads, thank you!

During the Thanksgiving Holiday, I was staying in Wesley Chapel, Florida (skipping Thanksgiving with my entire family to spend 4 days at Busch Gardens) and my 17-year-old niece is a huge Twi-Hard (I admit, I am Team Edward) and we promised to take her to the new Breaking Dawn while we were up there. So of course, we went to see it and used our GPS to find a movie theater. It was HUGE and lovely inside. I'd never seen a theater with a second floor, so I asked the employee jokingly of course: "What's up there? A bar?" and they answered "Yes!" I was like "With alcohol??" :floorlaugh: My sister ran so fast up those stairs and left my niece and her boyfriend downstairs until the movie started.

I would almost be tempted to drive the 2 hours there just to watch a movie again! Best Movie Theater Ever! They don't have that here in Fort Myers.

I thought Wal-Mart was the largest employer in the US? And we know that everywhere they go (especially more rural areas) the small businesses end up shuttering. I am not a fan of burdening small business or the middle class. I am for the little guy all the way.

Walmart may be the largest employer in the US but they don't employe the majority of Americans. My concern is with small business's that I've worked for that had less than 10 people running the place. In order to train a replacement to to a good job would take months. So lets say once a year you have someone go on jury duty. If you have to pay this person their much more likely to serve. So that means you have to have a trained replacement waiting to cover for the person on jury duty. In reality you would have to have an extra employee to cover just jury duty. Or you could forgo the extra employee and let your customer service decline while this employee is on jury duty.

Perhaps a professional paid jury system would be a better idea. Then again where would the money come from? Maybe from tax's on the large company's that do pay their employees for jury duty? Instead of them paying their employee's to sit on their butt's in the jury lounge waiting to be called, they can send that money to the state for professional juror's. Well, it's a thought anyway.

I'm a smoker too. :seeya: I'm honest with myself and have no plans to quit anytime soon. :truce:

I think that you have to really want to quit for it to happen. My Dad never did, even when he knew it was going to be the end for him. He told me that he enjoyed smoking and that he wasn't going to quit. And I could understand his feelings because I was smoking along with him. But watching him die changed things for me. All I know is that I wish he did quit so that the family would have had him around longer.

Another smoker here, who also tried Chantix & really, really wanted to quit. I didn't do anything odd/out of character, but it did give me insomnia and the weird dreams & it was hard to concentrate on what I was doing at work. My mom is coming to visit this weekend & has been on me for years now to quit (even offered me $2000 at one point!), but I just can't seem to kick it. I read somewhere once that it's harder to quit than heroin - which I totally believe. I'm getting to the point where I'm scared about what it's doing to my body (especially after watching our dear Dr. G talk about it on her show. So, while my mom is here I'm going to try once again with the patches. They did work for me, but my problem is discipline...I was fine at work while I had stuff to do, but once I got home I'd take the patch off and smoke until the next morning when I'd put on a new one. :banghead:

My biggest beef with HHJP is when Baez was about to put his foot in his mouth about something (can't remember exactly what it was now) and JP asked him if he really wanted to go there because it would open the DT up to some line of IMPORTANT questioning by the State. I don't get WHY he did that - IMO he should have let him go right on ahead and make his mistake. I didn't like the way he "schooled" Baez on more than this one occasion, either. Seems to me if a lawyer is in court arguing a case, he should know what the he// he's doing & let the chips fall where they may if he goofs up.

I do put most of the blame, though, on the jury. I believe some of them wanted to be on the "trial of the century" and lied about some things in the selection process. I also believe that they broke the rules and discussed the case among (amongst? too tired to remember which is proper, lol - help, Aedrys!) themselves before they were supposed to deliberate. As has been pointed out, more than one juror hinted at this during after trial interviews.

But, what's done is done - UNFORTUNATELY. I just hope they've found out & understand what a huge mistake they made after the trial was over. I also wish that the 2 jurors that had voted guilty had stuck to their guns and not had their minds changed by the rest of them. I know no one would have been able to "turn" me...

Another smoker here, who also tried Chantix & really, really wanted to quit. I didn't do anything odd/out of character, but it did give me insomnia and the weird dreams & it was hard to concentrate on what I was doing at work. My mom is coming to visit this weekend & has been on me for years now to quit (even offered me $2000 at one point!), but I just can't seem to kick it. I read somewhere once that it's harder to quit than heroin - which I totally believe. I'm getting to the point where I'm scared about what it's doing to my body (especially after watching our dear Dr. G talk about it on her show. So, while my mom is here I'm going to try once again with the patches. They did work for me, but my problem is discipline...I was fine at work while I had stuff to do, but once I got home I'd take the patch off and smoke until the next morning when I'd put on a new one. :banghead:

My biggest beef with HHJP is when Baez was about to put his foot in his mouth about something (can't remember exactly what it was now) and JP asked him if he really wanted to go there because it would open the DT up to some line of IMPORTANT questioning by the State. I don't get WHY he did that - IMO he should have let him go right on ahead and make his mistake. I didn't like the way he "schooled" Baez on more than this one occasion, either. Seems to me if a lawyer is in court arguing a case, he should know what the he// he's doing & let the chips fall where they may if he goofs up.

I do put most of the blame, though, on the jury. I believe some of them wanted to be on the "trial of the century" and lied about some things in the selection process. I also believe that they broke the rules and discussed the case among (amongst? too tired to remember which is proper, lol - help, Aedrys!) themselves before they were supposed to deliberate. As has been pointed out, more than one juror hinted at this during after trial interviews.

But, what's done is done - UNFORTUNATELY. I just hope they've found out & understand what a huge mistake they made after the trial was over. I also wish that the 2 jurors that had voted guilty had stuck to their guns and not had their minds changed by the rest of them. I know no one would have been able to "turn" me...

I believe what you are thinking of is the scenario re bringing in the bad checks during the trial. :waitasec:

John Allen! heh, he knows who the good [sane] guys are! :heartluv:

:highfive:

BBM

I'm mod'g even in your dreams?!? Does anybody even remember me pre-mod days? I've lost my whole identity. :anguish:

oh well, while we're in dreamworld and I'm still mod'g, I would have banned her from the planet for life! yeah...and never lost a minutes sleep about it.

vigilante dream cyber-justice! :highfive:

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

BBM

It was probably a Purple Heart for surviving this forum during the trial and maybe playing some small role in helping ensure that WS didn't spontaneously combust post-verdict. lol

I do! I do!! :seeya:

Only difference is I think you have nerves of steel now!!!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I read on online (posted by a friend an *one of those sites that will remain nameless* that Casey IS getting book & movie deal and that this was announced on a late night show (ET?)...don't see anything about it here, though, so am wondering if it's true...Does anyone know if this is fact?

Facebook and twitter. What are the rules? MSM ONLY

Thank you, Ranch, for pointing out my error. Sorry, feeling 2" tall for the reminder & my only defense is I worked a 17 hour day, I'm up way too late & forgot...fixed my post (hopefully -f not I'm sure you or a mod will let me know, lol).

But what about the question - has anyone else seen or read this anywhere LEGIT? I'm very upset that it may be true...

Better get to bed before me, myself & I make any more mistakes! :eek:fftobed:

Dreaming of summer!! Have a great day everyone!!

Nelaveli-Beach-Hotel-Breakfast-on-the-Beach-1.jpg

Thank you, Ranch, for pointing out my error. Sorry, feeling 2" tall for the reminder & my only defense is I worked a 17 hour day, I'm up way too late & forgot...fixed my post (hopefully -f not I'm sure you or a mod will let me know, lol).

But what about the question - has anyone else seen or read this anywhere LEGIT? I'm very upset that it may be true...

Better get to bed before me, myself & I make any more mistakes! :eek:fftobed:

I asked the same question...got the same reminder....I also felt 2" tall.
All I wanted to do was to ask a question about something I had read. I don't feel asking about something is anywhere the same as Linking and quoting. I've been here 4 years. I know the rules. Can we not ask about what we've seen, heard or read? As I recall, that is how the "Casey is living with a church group" started. Which turned out to be true. Yes I know it blew up into t-drama.....but asking a question, even about reading something in The National Enquirer (which even though it is distributed nationally and which I don't consider a reliable mainstream media source)...shouldn't make you feel like you've been reprimanded by others for asking the question.

JMHO.

my snip....I cant bring myself to fault HHJP for schooling JB...the fact remains that this case was an absolute slam dunk, and everyone knew it...the judge knew, the state knew, the defense knew, OCA knew, the entire planet excepting a few ....well, "simple" people knew that.

what HHJP was TRYING to do was prevent OCA from being more prejudiced than she already was by her own actions from those of her moronic lawyer (I use the singular as JB was truly the only incompetent IMO)

no one on this PLANET thought she'd be acquitted, not her most ardent supporters even thought that, they all thought they'd be sending her money orders in 5$ increments for eternity.

well now we know that 12 people of the lowest possible brain function were on that jury so it's easy to wish and wish and wish but what no one knew, including HHJP, was that it was over the instant this jury was sworn in...nothing ANYONE did would have changed the fact that these jurors were just gonna cry "I dont knooooooooooooooooow what happened, chloroform is too big of a word so I just forgot about it, ALL of it was too big words we didnt understandddddd... why are you picking on us when we just couldnt figure it ouuuuuutttt god we SAID we didnt like OCA either, it's not like this was OUR faulltttttt".

JB coulda been dancing around in his skinny jeans and OCA could have randomly barked out "I killed the little snothead hahahaha" and this jury STILL was going to say "I dont knooooooooowwww what happened"

Omg Bravo! I'm so sorry that happened to you. I have taken it twice. The second time, I quit for 4 months but have recently started again. :banghead: When I think about it, I could cry.

I won't go back on chantix though. I had to stop it about two months in because I started to get mean, impatient, and felt aggressive. Don't feel bad, my DR told me that most people just can't tolerate it. It's brain medicine and blocks the "happy receptors" which is why some people get depressed and suicidal. My reaction wasn't as severe as yours but I really didn't like how it was changing my personality. I was feeling a little psycho. lol!

I also had a dream of what looked like a demon flying in my face and I woke up screaming and I know had a least one hallucination. I was home alone sitting on my couch and someone whispered "Hey!" in my ear really loudly. I of course, jumped and started looking for the person that was talking to me. LMAO! I must have looked totally crazy.

I think I'll try the patch again, although I HATED the dreams and insomnia it gave me.

Thanks Spice your so kind. Oh i am over the embarrassment etc. This was a few years ago. Yes i had those feelings too and apparently acted out on them. Towards my husband. Your right it is a drug that crosses the brain and not every brain likes it. Try the patch with the initials following??? I think it's AQ that one was suppose to suppress the dreams. Talk with your Pharmacist to clarify that. I cant remember where i read or heard that. Good Luck.

During the Thanksgiving Holiday, I was staying in Wesley Chapel, Florida (skipping Thanksgiving with my entire family to spend 4 days at Busch Gardens) and my 17-year-old niece is a huge Twi-Hard (I admit, I am Team Edward) and we promised to take her to the new Breaking Dawn while we were up there. So of course, we went to see it and used our GPS to find a movie theater. It was HUGE and lovely inside. I'd never seen a theater with a second floor, so I asked the employee jokingly of course: "What's up there? A bar?" and they answered "Yes!" I was like "With alcohol??" :floorlaugh: My sister ran so fast up those stairs and left my niece and her boyfriend downstairs until the movie started.

I would almost be tempted to drive the 2 hours there just to watch a movie again! Best Movie Theater Ever! They don't have that here in Fort Myers.

Wesley Chapel, what a beautiful area, DH and I had discussions 3 years ago about the possibility of moving to Wesley Chapel
We had a business at the Shops at Wiregrass

I asked the same question...got the same reminder....I also felt 2" tall.
All I wanted to do was to ask a question about something I had read. I don't feel asking about something is anywhere the same as Linking and quoting. I've been here 4 years. I know the rules. Can we not ask about what we've seen, heard or read? As I recall, that is how the "Casey is living with a church group" started. Which turned out to be true. Yes I know it blew up into t-drama.....but asking a question, even about reading something in The National Enquirer (which even though it is distributed nationally and which I don't consider a reliable mainstream media source)...shouldn't make you feel like you've been reprimanded by others for asking the question.

JMHO.

ITA TO. Asking questions about things we've read is how we sleuth. It used to be that MSM got their leads from WS, but if we have to wait for MSM to publish something before we can discuss it, then there is not much sleuthing going on. JMO. Call me confused.

ITA TO. Asking questions about things we've read is how we sleuth. It used to be that MSM got their leads from WS, but if we have to wait for MSM to publish something before we can discuss it, then there is not much sleuthing going on. JMO. Call me confused.

Gotta be brief & can't hang around to answer any follow-up ?'s because I am at work but I did want to address this.

I completely understand the frustration. Completely. Just know that a a couple of us spent ALL weekend hashing this issue out with Tricia & Sue. We are still trying to come up with a good solution. It is a lot more complicated than it appears.

heh, I love sleuthing more than anything. (A heck of a lot more than moderating. ;)) And, I agree that some of what was posted on the non-MSM sites did turn out to be factual. We know that sleuthing is what our members do best and the last thing any of us want to do is discourage it. We just want to protect the integrity of the information posted here. That is what sets WS apart from so many other forums. So, please know that we are working hard on a solution.

Thanks for you patience and cooperation until we can advise otherwise. We appreciate it. :blowkiss:

Hitting the thanks button wasn't enough, Beach. Thanks for all you (and ALL of the other mods as well) do. This is a great site as I have said many, many times. I enjoy being a proud member of Websleuths. But I'm not a "blogger".....LOLOLOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa