Ronald speaks from jail #2

I heard Ron C, himself, state.. With age comes wisdom..
I've also heard Pat Brown refer to him as a lying dog..
And I tend to agree with Pat Brown when she asked TJ Ward if he believed anything Ronald C told him. She stated no one can believe anything Ronald C says...JMO

Yeah, she should have told him SOMETHING. Maybe she doesn't know who did it and when and why but she ought to be able to tell him something beyond "I washed some blankets and then we slept." What did she and Tommy talk about, what did the children play, what was dinner like, what kind of homework Haleigh had, what was on TV that night, who hurt their toe when going to the bathroom and cried, who couldn't find their pajamas, did she see any neighbors in the yard, etc.
Just tiny everyday stuff that police might not ask about and might not seem important but that would be the flesh around the bare bones.

Exactly. So many times, it's those little things that will trip up someone. That's also why you will sometimes hear investigators jump around when questioning persons of interest (Casey Anthony comes to mind). Someone may be able to to tell their story start to finish, but when you jump around, it's hard to remember the sequence when it's not the truth.

How many times, when someone asks Misty a question, have we heard her start at the beginning, telling her rehearsed story?

I got the following back from Matt Saffer.

Here is what I asked him and his answer in an email. Evidently there is a 17 minute phone call that has not been released.

To: Saffer, Matthew
Sent: Mon Feb 01 12:30:02 2010
Subject: Ronald Cummings interview
I listened to the whole interview you published with the below article. Can you tell me where the following paragraph came from.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news...ouse-interview

Ronald said the isolation sometimes gets under his skin. "You know what's bad? I don't look forward to breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I look forward to after breakfast lunch and dinner, 'cause after breakfast lunch and dinner, the one trustee has to come through here and pick up the trash. Well, they bring the trash right through the back door right past where I'm at, so he has to come right by me, so I get to see him for 3 minutes in the morning, 3 minutes in the afternoon, 3 minutes at night," said Cummings.

Is there another recording out there and are you going to release it? Can you tell me if the recording you published came from the sheriffs dept or did it come from Dana Treen?

Thank you for your time

His answer.

Thanks for watching/listening!
This entire interview came from 2 phone calls Ronald made to the Florida Times Union. Each phone call lasted roughly 17 minutes. The portion you are referring to came towards the end of the second phone call while Ronald was talking about his isolation.

Ronald has since been moved to the Putnam County Jail. His mother tells me he is only allowed 1 hour of visitation every 2 weeks.

A couple of things,
He says he doesn't look forward to breakfast, lunch and dinner, but he looks forward to AFTER breakfast, lunch and dinner because the trustee picks up the trash, right? Doesn't somebody have to BRING him his breakfast, lunch and dinner? Pass it through the hole in the door like he has to pass his trash through the door? Maybe the guy who brings his dinner doesn't speak to him, but the trustee does?

Regarding the messages...I don't think I believe he is trying to pass messages per se. I think the reason he wants the news paper is to find out what is being said about HIM and to find out what MC, TC have said. He's trying to figure out how to change his story if he needs to.

I also would suggest we carefully watch what he says in casual conversation. My personal feeling is that he may make multiple Freudian slips and that THOSE SLIPS of his subconcious will give more information about Haleigh.

Anyone agree?

Doesn't matter about the trustee now......Ron's in a different jail.

They moved him pretty quickly after those interviews... and of course, after his visit with his momma. Interesting that his recordings aren't included in this first release, and they severely curtailed his ability to broadcast himself.

I get the feeling they've already got some information to work with.

Hmmmm, where is GGS these days?

When will we hear from a document dump and videos of the sunshine law???

Is RC, or any of the 5 allowed TV?

I don't think that whole crew of Jerry Springer rejects have enough functioning brains cells among them to devise such a "code".

lol. :innocent: IMO, he spends MOST of his interview poor-mouthing. Poor me- I'm all alone. Poor me- I ain't got no clock. Poor me- ain't no books in the libarry. Poor me- I don't look forward to breakfast, lunch or dinner. Poor me- my cell ain't no bigger than 2 sheets of plywood. Poor me- BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH........................................................................................

IMO- he goes on and on and on like he does to prevent Dana from asking questions that make him uncomfortable.

I don't give a flying flip about his poor me azz.

I say poor Haleigh.

Ronald- WHERE IS HALEIGH??????????????

lol. :innocent: IMO, he spends MOST of his interview poor-mouthing. Poor me- I'm all alone. Poor me- I ain't got no clock. Poor me- ain't no books in the libarry. Poor me- I don't look forward to breakfast, lunch or dinner. Poor me- my cell ain't no bigger than 2 sheets of plywood. Poor me- BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH........................................................................................

IMO- he goes on and on and on like he does to prevent Dana from asking questions that make him uncomfortable.

I don't give a flying flip about his poor me azz.

I say poor Haleigh.

Ronald- WHERE IS HALEIGH??????????????

And there are those looong pauses before he answers as he formulates his response. Then once he hits on one he thinks sounds good, he repeats it over and over. He really thinks that he is smart enough to control this situation but all inmates think that. And they never are.

As Ron said, "with age comes wisdom" ....QQ.... yeah, okay. Hey Ronald, she WAS a child when you got ahold of her!

IMO Ron did not love Misty and during the 911 call Ron called Misty "my dumb bit** girlfriend and I suspect Ron was in the habit of criticizing everything she did, swearing at her and calling her names. They disagree on everything it seems and living this way day in and day out is a horrible way to live.

I hope we get to hear more interviews from Ron.

http://www.gainesville.com/assets/mp3/RCummings0124101609edited.mp3

A cell phone: $300
A collect call from prison $10
Incriminating yourself on a recorded phonecall to a reporter: Priceless.

(there might be errors in this transcript and I didn't mark all the pauses)

January 24th

RC= Inmate Ronald Cummings
DT= Reporter Dana Treen

DT: Dana Treen
Phone lady: Hello, this is a collect call from:
RC: Ronald
DT: Hello
Phone lady: An inmate at Flagler county jail. With telephone service provided by Paytel Communications. The call will be recorded and subject to monitoring at any time.
RC: Hello
DT: Hello
RC: What’s going on man?
DT: Hey…
RC: How, how are you?
DT: How are you doing?
RC: How am I doing?
DT: How are you doing?
RC: One minute at a time, man.
DT: What, yeah, I tell you what. (beep)
RC: No…
DT:
RC: I ain’t really worried about the---, I’m worried about where I’m at, man. I’m in solitary confinement so I can’t even see nobody or talk to nobody and that.
DT: Oh is that right?
RC:Yeah.
DT: It’s gonna be dreary.
RC: Yeah.
DT: How come?
RC: I don’t know. I guess because it’s a high profile case.
DT: (Crosstalk)
RC: They’re not gonna let me out of here so I’ll go to DOC.
DT: (pause) Ah.
RC: At least that’s what I’ve been told.
DT: Who told you that?
RC: Well, uh(pause), a couple of people, but (pause) I’ve talked to two people that said that’s not true so (pause) I can’t, you know, I can’t go 100% on yes or no.
DT: I mean, uh, (pause) you had some (pause) you had some stuff in the past, nothing of, too terribly serious while that stuff with drugs, I mean, it is trafficking but it’s also, you know, it is not a first offence but it’s a (pause), I don’t know. Is it, do you think it is that serious, or do you think it’s something that you can get worked out, or something, not too…?
RC: Oh no I’m going to DOC, I’m going to prison. (pause) No ifs ands and buts.
DT: What’s that?
RC: I said there’s no ifs ands and buts. I’m going to prison. (pause) Hear me?
DT: Yeah, I hear you. Uh. ..
RC: Oh I put you on the visiting list too. You asked me to put ….(??) to put you on the visiting list and I put you on it.
DT: Yeah I did and I’m going to come down Wednesday morning, 9 o’clock.
RC: OK
DT: Oh, what, I guess, you know, but I, you know, I mean, following it It’s a high profile case and all of this, of course all of, you know…I guess one thing I want to ask you is they arrested you for the trafficking thing and they’ve got a, you know they say they’ve got several instances of buys and selling and all that… I guess I want to know what the, you kind of put yourself in a bad spot, you think?
RC: Did I?
DT: Yeah, I’m asking you.
RC: Did I put myself in a bad spot?
DT: Yeah.
RC: Of course I did.
DT: How come? Why? Why would you… That’s a big risk?
RC: Um. I don’t know man. I don’t really know.
DT: Oh…
RC: You talking to me on the record or off the record, man.
DT: You know, we can do it either way, I mean, I wanna be sure and I want to talk to you on the record, at some point...
RC: That’s fine but leave everything we’re saying right now off if you would please.
DT: Ok, all right.
RC: Because right now, man, right now you know I’ve just said something to you that I should not have said. When you said I put myself in a bad spot and I said yes I said something I shouldn’t have said because I got a defence attorney working on this.
DT: Right.
RC: So, you know I cut my own rope by saying one word. You put that in Jacksonville Times Union and I’m screwed.
DT: Well, they record this probably
RC: Yea but there is a difference in that, a big difference.

Thank you Donjeta for trascribing that phone call. So, Ron thinks that saying something to a journalist is different from saying it, on the phone, in jail ? He must not know a thing about the sunshine laws.

He is right about one thing, he is going to prison.

What does Ron mean by that?

Does he think the sheriff will protect him and not let these tapes out he makes? Really what is going on here.

Thank you Donjeta for trascribing that phone call. So, Ron thinks that saying something to a journalist is different from saying it, on the phone, in jail ? He must not know a thing about the sunshine laws.

He is right about one thing, he is going to prison.

I didn't transcribe the whole thing, that's just the first five minutes of the recording.

rc is just stupid, that's all Fess, nothing going on...imo.

He says he is not 100% sure he is going to prison...in the next two sentences he says absolutely going when he says no IF, ANDS ore BUTTS. He is similar to kc in some respects. He doesn't have an original thought. It appears he uses cliche's and other people's words to talk. One should not believe a word he says. He lies even when the truth is right in front of you and you can see it..doesn't matter.

He and KC = total narcissists

I wish he were still in Flagler. He now has people he can talk with. The only way to get to rc and force information out of him is to take away all outside social interaction. This is what he can't handle and will break. Instead they move him to a cell with open bars and other inmates...I will never figure LE's reasoning.

rc is just stupid, that's all Fess, nothing going on...imo.

He says he is not 100% sure he is going to prison...in the next two sentences he says absolutely going when he says no IF, ANDS ore BUTTS. He is similar to kc in some respects. He doesn't have an original thought. It appears he uses cliche's and other people's words to talk. One should not believe a word he says. He lies even when the truth is right in front of you and you can see it..doesn't matter.

He and KC = total narcissists

Made from the same cloth.. Hey, I'm even thinking perhaps they were separated at birth..JMO

What does Ron mean by that?

Does he think the sheriff will protect him and not let these tapes out he makes? Really what is going on here.

Well, it's just my guess Doctor, but I think Ron's got a little media savy since Haleigh disappeared and believe the only thing that will be printed will be what he says "on the record."
Of course, he's mistaken about what he said being protected. It's all recorded and subject to the state's Sunshine Law. Unless of course LE decides to redact something that will help their investigation. So, he's not as smart as he believes he is by giving statement.
The big investigaton here is about his missing daughter. Not the drug deals. If it's true the undercover deals were video taped, they've got Ron solid on those charges. And, he knows that.
But, I think Ron is going to play coy about Haleigh's disappearance. After all, to quote him, I was at werk.
But, time will tell. I really doubt Ron can handle the day to day lock up, especially when he's revealed that his biggest worry is to have clean boxers.
Sometimes when I read the release of these tapes with these characters, I think I'm dreaming. Someone pinch me.

Ron was rambling and controlling the conversation to make sure he only gets out with benign babble. He is slick and he is savvy when it comes to attempting to protect himself from any incrmination...after all, hasn't this been the game since the 911?

I wish he were still in Flagler. He now has people he can talk with. The only way to get to rc and force information out of him is to take away all outside social interaction. This is what he can't handle and will break. Instead they move him to a cell with open bars and other inmates...I will never figure LE's reasoning.
maybe LE is hoping that if other inmates act impressed with Ronald, he'll start bragging or giving advice?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back