Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 3 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a day behind in reading and I'm sure this has probably already been posted. Someone here was asking if DS had been in the military, and I saw this in a news article..

"WAVY.com has learned, Douglas Stewart was a decorated Marine, based at Camp Lejeune from 1999 to 2003."

Link to article
http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/apparent-blood-in-couples-truck

Again, sorry if this has already been posted!

I was thinking that too. Wasn't pretty much all the evidence gathered on the 5th? Including his DNA? They should have had the blood analyzed by now.

Also found this recent article...NOT GOOD

http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/04/dna_caseload_backs_up_as_michi.html

and this...

http://www.forensicmag.com/News_Articles.asp?pid=883

They would prioritize. Important cases which need results for resolution would be handled ASAP, while those awaiting trial or involved lesser crimes would go to the back of the queue.

Two things with that... I think that she wants to believe that he daughter is alive so badly that she's convinced herself that it can't be Venus blood.

Other articles I've read state that the blood isn't back from the lab yet. Even yesterday, Mike Risko said that they haven't received results yet, that the blood is being tested now. I do think we'll know by the weekend, tho.

I feel awful for the McCombs. I know it's got to be so hard on them, probably surreal. :(

About the possible blood stains:

Venus's mother says she heard about what police found.

"I heard that they found blood stains, but they were Douglas's and not Venus's."

WTKR-TV3
7:13 PM EDT, May 10, 2010

http://www.wtkr.com/news/wtkr-nn-missing-woman,0,3832141.story

Other articles I've read state that the blood isn't back from the lab yet. Even yesterday, Mike Risko said that they haven't received results yet, that the blood is being tested now. I do think we'll know by the weekend, tho.

They may have made a tentative match, but I'm wondering if they'd typed the blood and found it didn't match Venus. That doesn't mean it's Doug's though.

Venus' mother also didn't say *where* she heard that from. I just posted it for informational purposes since I'd seen the article.

ETA: And good morning to my fellow early bird sleuthers :)

I agree with puf regarding the mother saying she heard the blood was not Venus'. I don't think she heard it from LE. I think it is more wishful thinking and maybe she heard it from the rumor mill.
I think she is trying as hard as she can to hold out hope that Venus is alive somewhere.

As sad as it is to say...from the evidence found so far...she is more than likely deceased. You really don't need a shovel and tarp to kidnap someone if you plan on keeping them alive.

I just hope they can find her soon so her parents can get some answers and Venus can be laid to rest.

Also, that they can tie evidence to the murderer and an arrest can be made so the wheels of justice can begin to turn.

How awful it must have been for Venus to be so scared for her life and then to realize she was not gonna make it, and wonder if the murderer was gonna go back and harm her children and parents. Her last moments must have been filled with worry and fear. Poor thing.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/douglas_stewart_lone_suspect_i.html

As the investigation continues, Risko said police are planning to search for evidence near Adams Lake in northeastern St. Joseph County once flood waters recede. He said police also plan to conduct other searches but declined to say where the searches will take place.

This to me says they still think "WetMan" is likely involved...if they thought he was just some local yokel, they wouldn't be focused so heavily on Adams Lake and running side scanning sonar and heading back over there again to search etc.

That town is only about 1100 people so I'm sure you can't fart without somebody knowing when, where and who did it if you are a local.

Yeah, I still think it is possible there was a second person involved. DS may have hired help so that his "timeline" would look good. That person needs to be found too.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the Wal-Mart tapes. They know the location of the Wal-Mart, the time, and the register that was used to ring that purchase up. So, I'm sure LE has the tapes of the person who made the purchase.

Douglas Stewart, lone suspect in Venus Stewart abduction, may be in Michigan: Police say receipt shows purchase of shovel, gloves and tarp
May 12, 2010, 7:44AM

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — The lone suspect in the disappearance of a Colon Township woman may be back in Michigan as analysis continues of suspected blood found inside his pickup truck, authorities said.

Police also said they have not recovered any of the items listed on a receipt from a Walmart in Ohio found inside the Dodge Ram pickup truck owned by Douglas Harrie Stewart, the estranged husband of the woman. The items — a tarp, gloves, shovel and hat — were purchased on April 25, a day before Venus Rose Stewart, 32, was abducted from the front yard of her parents’ home in Colon Township.

“We figure if we find those items we may find Venus,” Lt. Mike Risko, of the Michigan State Police, said Tuesday.

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/05/douglas_stewart_lone_suspect_i.html

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

As the investigation continues, Risko said police are planning to search for evidence near Adams Lake in northeastern St. Joseph County once flood waters recede. He said police also plan to conduct other searches but declined to say where the searches will take place.
Police have already conducted searches in a wooded area near Adams Lake and used sonar equipment to search the lake.

I hope the GPS that was retrievied is giving them some indication of where he was. I don't like that they are saying "He might be in MI" I am sure they are keeping a good eye on him or so we can hope.

Bet he is staying with his parents .....

Posted Wednesday May 12, 2010 2 hours, 9 minutes ago

SNIPPED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Lt. Risko says they are still working on comparing tire treads on the truck with tracks found in a field near where Venus Stewart was abducted. They will bring the truck back to Michigan for further testing. Lt. Risko says they have also heard that Stewart is moving back to Michigan for a new job. He has apparently hired a criminal lawyer based in Portage to defend him.

http://www.wkzo.com/news/articles/2010/may/12/more-information-bring-released-abduction-case/

Douglas Stewart, lone suspect in Venus Stewart abduction, may be in Michigan: Police say receipt shows purchase of shovel, gloves and tarp
May 12, 2010, 7:44AM

NEWPORT NEWS, Va. — The lone suspect in the disappearance of a Colon Township woman may be back in Michigan as analysis continues of suspected blood found inside his pickup truck, authorities said.

Police also said they have not recovered any of the items listed on a receipt from a Walmart in Ohio found inside the Dodge Ram pickup truck owned by Douglas Harrie Stewart, the estranged husband of the woman. The items — a tarp, gloves, shovel and hat — were purchased on April 25, a day before Venus Rose Stewart, 32, was abducted from the front yard of her parents’ home in Colon Township.

“We figure if we find those items we may find Venus,” Lt. Mike Risko, of the Michigan State Police, said Tuesday.

Another reason why this information should have been kept under wraps until the police were ready to release it. But nooo... DS and his accomplice (if there is one) were tipped off for the sake of *Breaking News !!* :furious:

While DS has no doubt been watched by police, I still believe someone else helped him in this and they are unknown at this time. Knowing what the police found, that person could well have taken steps to make sure those items (and Venus) would never be found.

Is there any way he will be able to see the little girls? Does he have visitation? The very thought gives me shivers....

Is there any way he will be able to see the little girls? Does he have visitation? The very thought gives me shivers....

Even if he did, I don't see her parents allowing him to see the girls.

I'm also anxiously awaiting the Wal-Mart tapes. They know the location of the Wal-Mart, the time, and the register that was used to ring that purchase up. So, I'm sure LE has the tapes of the person who made the purchase.

I'm guessing LE told the parents about the evidence they found in the vehicles on 5/7/10 then they went and told NG and that's how she had bits and pieces of bombshell for the long weekend wait. That info went up on Friday late, the receipt was found on Wednesday 5/5/10 if I remember correctly, that's when the warrants were executed. So that means they've had the Wally World connection for a full week. It wouldn't take a week for them to review the tapes...not when there is still hope of finding her alive. MSP knows what's up...they just aren't saying...

I'm guessing LE told the parents about the evidence they found in the vehicles on 5/7/10 then they went and told NG and that's how she had bits and pieces of bombshell for the long weekend wait. That info went up on Friday late, the receipt was found on Wednesday 5/5/10 if I remember correctly, that's when the warrants were executed. So that means they've had the Wally World connection for a full week. It wouldn't take a week for them to review the tapes...not when there is still hope of finding her alive. MSP knows what's up...they just aren't saying...

I agree, and I hope they learned their lesson and keep all critical and relevant information to themselves. As bad as I feel for the parents, if they can't be trusted not to talk to NG and media, then they shouldn't be told anything that could compromise the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam