NH NH - Stacey Burns, 41, Wolfeboro, 10 May 2009

Police said they are interviewing many people, including the six people who were in the house when they found Burns. Investigators would only say two of them were Burns' kids, and the other four were not.

http://www.wmur.com/news/19428459/detail.html

ETA (from a different article)

Strelzin said two of the people were Burns' teenage children. The other four were also teenagers. Police said that when they arrived, Burns was already dead.

http://www.wmur.com/news/19439201/detail.html

Neighbors said Burns lived in her Wolfeboro home for years. She and her husband, Edward Burns, recently divorced after 17 years of marriage.

The two separated in July 2007 when Burns filed a restraining order. She said in that restraining order that she was scared of him. She claimed he said, "Death before divorce" and that Burns Stacey should hang herself in the loft of the barn.

The final divorce decree, dated November 2008, said that witnesses testified that her husband incessantly criticized her. The court records also state that Stacey Burns claimed he drank a lot and on several occasions had bonfires in which he burned her clothes, cosmetics and other belongings.

Police said the investigation is ongoing, and they aren't focused on any specific individuals.

Link

With so many people in the house, you would think someone would have seen or heard something.

I just watched this 20/20 and police focus seems to be split between BF and ex-husband. They also said the 16-yr old son is the one who found so, so I am guessing he or another teen called 911.

The husband seemed to more of a longterm grievance and motive, but the BF is way creepy...and she had recently tried to, or had, dumped him. What a mess for LE and a tragedy for her family.

Neighbors said Burns lived in her Wolfeboro home for years. She and her husband, Edward Burns, recently divorced after 17 years of marriage.

The two separated in July 2007 when Burns filed a restraining order. She said in that restraining order that she was scared of him. She claimed he said, "Death before divorce" and that Burns Stacey should hang herself in the loft of the barn.

The final divorce decree, dated November 2008, said that witnesses testified that her husband incessantly criticized her. The court records also state that Stacey Burns claimed he drank a lot and on several occasions had bonfires in which he burned her clothes, cosmetics and other belongings.

Police said the investigation is ongoing, and they aren't focused on any specific individuals.

Link

With so many people in the house, you would think someone would have seen or heard something.

I watched this TV program on 20-20 last night, with her friends, the ex husband and her ex boyfriend all being interviewed.

Today I was able to find the Ex BF's date of birth, via his Facebook account, an open link.....as well as photos, however, the only avenue open for the ex husband was a photo and ID on an Arrest made for DUI about 2 weeks before this so-called "Mother's Day Murder"

The arrest information link does not give a date of birth.
http://franklinma.virtualtownhall.net/Pages/FranklinMA_Police/april09arrlog.pdf

Is there anyway to find it?

I'd like to do charts on these people mentioned in the news and on the TV program.

The ex husband is the only one I need the information for now as I did find the ex b.f. and Stacey's information.

Thanks in advance for any help in obtaining this crucial information.

added: Cluciano: I agree, the ex is "beyond" creepy, esp. the FB if I can find again.

See if this link opens:
http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...ames+vittum+facebook&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Seems to be not now available as it was this morning....or at least I can't find it again. Had tons of photos, the same as on the TV show with him (now) and children and his ex wife.
Mentioned his "Favorite" TV show is 20-20 :(

And of course lots of prosteltyzing about Jesus.
You can see that on the cache page link.

To access the Union Leader article below, (the entire article) requires signing up:

http://www.daylife.com/article/03Nf5zT7T0dZl

REF:
WOLFEBORO – Jim Vittum, ex-boyfriend of Stacey Keane Burns, admits he was with her hours before she was found stabbed to death in her bed and says he failed a polygraph test, but he insists that he is innocent. "I am in the middle of it," he said

Background Information: TV Show:http://abcnews.go.com/2020/slideshow/stacey-burns-murder-mothers-day-mystery-12607480

I hope LE is leaning on the ex-boyfriend and the ex-husband. My money would be on the ex-husband because of the things he said to her about "death before divorce" and "why don't you hang yourself in the barn." He was abusive to her during their marriage too and so I think it was him. I hope he doesn't get away with this. I wonder how it is that no one in the house saw who committed the murder? Were the kids asleep?

I hope LE is leaning on the ex-boyfriend and the ex-husband. My money would be on the ex-husband because of the things he said to her about "death before divorce" and "why don't you hang yourself in the barn." He was abusive to her during their marriage too and so I think it was him. I hope he doesn't get away with this. I wonder how it is that no one in the house saw who committed the murder? Were the kids asleep?

Neither one is a prize! But my money's on the ex B.F. thus far, but I need to exclude the Ex husband and that is why I need his date of birth.

The BF may have known what the husband's threats were and figured the husband would be blamed if she was to be murdered...

From all my research, it appears that the "Last Seen" time for Stacey was by JV the ex B.F. (with whom she broke off this relationship and he came by to talk and watch a TV show on Saturday night)

Her children supposedly are reported to have seen him leave the house at 11PM as they were having a sleepover with their friends, and the next morning, the son found his mother dead in bed.

Does anyone else have another "last seen" person or time??

And more importantly to me, did the children actually see their mother after 11PM or just JV leaving the house?

Reference:
From ABC News show 20/20:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/stacey-burns-murder-killed-hampshire-mom/story?id=12719134&page=3
see below quote from the link snipped:

“That evening Stacey went out to dinner with a local man. That dinner led to a confrontation between her date and Jim Vittum who -- despite having broken up with Stacey -- was waiting outside her house that night. Vittum said he thought she shouldn't be dating anyone at that point.
"I wanted to confront the two of them so that I could ask her, 'What are you doing?'" Jim Vittum said. "You could say I was stalking her, but I think I was being her friend."
Jim said they had broken up weeks before, but her friends said, the following day, Stacey felt she had to make it clear to Jim -- once and for all -- that they were through.
"Stacey had decided to go see Jim that afternoon and to break it off," Moore said, "And I know that she did."
Nevertheless, Vittum showed up at Stacey's house that same night to watch a movie with Stacey and her teenage children who were having a sleepover with friends. Jim said he was there at Stacey's invitation. He also said that he left Stacey's house around 11 that night, a detail her friends said was confirmed by Stacey's children.
The following morning Stacey was dead
.”

With the "once and for all" making JV see that it was over for them and Stacey being due to meet EB in court the following Monday for a contempt of court hearing related to a money dispute stemming from their divorce, you've got two pretty good suspects. JMO

I don't know anyone involved but I do know this town and can't believe this happened there. I had forgotten about the story until seeing 20/20 the other night. I looked at some online forums with locals posting and it seems people are split between JV & EB, like the show said. It seems her family is leaning towards JV though.

The brother said (on participating in the show) "Perhaps it can help catch a killer. Perhaps it can assist others who find themselves in a similar situation understand the signs of obsession and seek help." He also said "We also hope that there might be someone who is currently protecting the murderer that will come forward and share anything that they might know." Seems like he's talking about JV & his ex-wife.

http://www.newhampshirelakesandmoun...-on-Stacey-Burns-murder-airs-this-Friday.html

WOW 2 years later and nothing. I would have thought this would have been solved fairly quickly. I hope justice is served sooner then later. Where did the children end up? still with dad?

Ex-husband & family are local to me...I went to school with Stacey.

Ex-husband & family are local to me...I went to school with Stacey.

Do you have any comments on hometown thoughts? I have not yet viewed the 20/20, but reading through this thread, it appears you have a killer living amongst you & that killer is very likely to be one of these 2 men. How are they perceived in the community?

Condolences to Stacey's loved ones; I hope they see justice.

Ex husband & his family are not well liked AT ALL-even before this happened. I don't think JV was involved.

The 20/20 episode, I did not like. Sort of made a lot about the 'many men' in her life, etc.

WOW 2 years later and nothing. I would have thought this would have been solved fairly quickly. I hope justice is served sooner then later. Where did the children end up? still with dad?

Yes, still with 'dad'.

Ok, I saw the video & found very little to like about the ex-husband or boyfriend. Like her brother said, she deserved to see her children grow up. Life isn't fair, but it will be a travesty if the person responsible continues to get away with murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back