Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow.. but how do they know she was abducted vs.left the house on her own? There must be signs of forced entry or something along those lines?

That's what I was wondering too. They have the street closed down, the LE are heavy in the area. There has to be more that we don't know. I'll check out FB, my sister said there's a lot of people talking about this.

E. 12th St. isn't the best neighborhood, but it's not the worst. I am from Tucson, know that part of town quite well. Sister-in-law actually posted this case on her face book, which is what brought me here to post. Hope she is found alive and well!!

TPD wrote this on FB. In order to issue an Amber Alert, specific criteria must be met or pieces of information are needed. In this case, since we do not yet have a defined suspect, suspect vehicle, etc. the criteria for an Amber Alert aren't met. However, the Tucson Police Department is utilizing all available resources in the search for missing Isabel Celis.

I haven't seen a mom mentioned. Just her dad.

E. 12th St. isn't the best neighborhood, but it's not the worst. I am from Tucson, know that part of town quite well. Sister-in-law actually posted this case on her face book, which is what brought me here to post. Hope she is found alive and well!!

:welcome:

This is frightening. I hope they find the poor little girl.

well that was certainly quick (fbi and marshals)

I agree. Bringing in the FBI and the US Marshalls this early makes me think that LE has some sort of evidence she didn't just wander off on her own.

The good news is Isabel's case is getting a TON of media attention all across the country. Within the past hour, it has literally been picked up by over 100 different sites. I hope this helps LE generate a lot of tips, and bring Isabel home safe.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20120421/us-tucson-missing-girl/

The working-class neighborhood of single-family homes is sandwiched between a large shopping mall to the east and business and a Catholic school to the west.

Both parents live in the home, so police did not think a child custody dispute was involved.

"Because of the possibly existing that this child could have been abducted we're treating it as if it's that significant," Hawke said Saturday afternoon. "We don't want to be caught behind the ball by not exploring that possibility. So because of that we literally, all hands on deck, every available resource has been called."

Hawke says at least 75 law enforcement officers were involved, possibly as many as 100, as more resources continue to arrive to help in the search and investigate the disappearance

I can't see a 6-year old going out of the house at night, they are old enough to be afraid, unlike perhaps a toddler. JMO

I hope they do the right thing and treat the home as a crime scene, closing it off ASAP. Whether she was abducted or hurt inside the home, they need to preserve any evidence there may be.

I don't like it when the articles state "the child was last seen the night before".

I hope they do the right thing and treat the home as a crime scene, closing it off ASAP. Whether she was abducted or hurt inside the home, they need to preserve any evidence there may be.

I don't like it when the articles state "the child was last seen the night before".

I like it even less when LE goes in a week later, or longer, to process the home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk