LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I think I found a ruling on the last couple questions:
Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I know, me too. Holly Bobo's father is in the tree trimming business. There had been talk that he had a disgruntled former employee but the details or possibilities of him being the perp were not explored to my knowledge.

If these young women can't be found alive, where are their bodies going? Someone sick enough could be getting rid of them using equipment that is intended for everyday use in a business. It's hard to fathom but it's possible. Out of all the missing women on the petite blond list, not one of their bodies has been found. Even if one was found, we could begin to consider they're not linked but I'm really beginning to wonder if they could be linked.

Oh gosh....that sounds like something out of a James Patterson novel I once read. Ugh.

There's a RSO that lives in Mickey's neighborhood and works at an Indian restauraunt in Lafayette (According to address given for his work on RSO site). He has a white truck registered to him per his RSO listing online.
I'm thinking Mickey and her friends may have eaten at this restauraunt occasionally or maybe even often because Indian food has lots of options for vegans and vegetarians. He also previously lived in NO from what I can tell online, so he'd be familiar with the Lafayette to NO route along I-10 and know about the Whiskey Bay area as a desolate location and know it as a dumping ground after awful crime that is easily accesible from a route he knows (I-10).

Is this okay to post - I know he's not a POI or suspect but can we post stuff like this about RSOs since they're listed online?

I actually know this man. I know where he is employed, and while it is technically an Indian restaurant, they are contracted out by another company in Lafayette and he runs the kitchen there. I worked for the company that contracts him out. So unless he also works at the restaurant at nights, I highly doubt MS ever met him. He is a very nice man, doesn't seem sketchy at all. (But that really means nothing.)

I am going to stay in left field here,

Prairieville, LA is just south of Baton Rouge, off I10

this is where there was significant tornado damage, here is a youtube someone took of some of the damage posted Mar 22, 2012, count the number of extended cab white trucks you see in this video: Prairieville, LA tornado damage - YouTube

following my hunch, they dump the bike in the last stretch of isolated terrain before coming into Baton Rouge. why dump the bike? because metal objects wont go through the tree shredder, i know this is morbid and something out of Fargo, but wanted to throw this angle out there.

bumping ~ my post above is really a response to this post. Thinking outside the box.

Everyone, I can't help but feel disconcerted about the finding of the Mickey's bike. I have a hunch that the bike was recently placed here.... I truly believe that it wouldn't take a week for locals to realize this.

Maybe he didn't go directly from the crime scene to I-10. Maybe he needed heat taken away from his area. Until a body or more incriminating evidence is found, I truly believe this is a tactic.

I'm actually surprised when bodies ARE found. Rural areas are vast. How often does foot traffic pass through a particular area of woods or wetlands?

Chicken Fried, Couldn't it also be an elderly person of either race without a lot of money or one of those older people who drives a car FOREVER? I don't know too many elderly out at 2am though....

ETA: my parents, almost in their 70s, drive cars that are around 20 years old & a few of my elderly neighbors have cars more like 30 years old....

No...Chicken Fried is right in every respect here.

Possibly she was grabbed by 2 guys.....they drove to under the overpass....tossed her bike out to have access to the bed of the truck for horrible reasons. If so, I bet they put her body in water.

As far as sleuthing out RSO's, how do I explain this.:waitasec: They're not all alike.
Just because someone is an RSO, doesn't mean they are involved in committing violent crimes. In no way am I sticking up for someone who's made that list, but they are more often smooth operators - not abductors.
That said, when I look at their pics most of them sure look creepy.

This is what the Sheriff in S. Lamar's case said publically last week though - only one percent of RSO's commit these types of crimes (taking a person and killing them).

I'm new here and live a few hours south of Lafayette. I spend a lot of time in the area and absolutely love it. It's the heart and soul of Cajuns and I am a PROUD CAJUN.

I'm also a total scared-y cat and usually try to stay away from anything like this. For some reason, this case has drawn me in and I've been glued to WS for days. You people are amazing.

I'm so sad for Mickey and her family and friends. I hope so much that she's found safe. I am anxious for answers but hesitant for them too. I dread hearing the worse.

Everyone, I can't help but feel disconcerted about the finding of the Mickey's bike. I have a hunch that the bike was recently placed here.... I truly believe that it wouldn't take a week for locals to realize this.

Maybe he didn't go directly from the crime scene to I-10. Maybe he needed heat taken away from his area. Until a body or more incriminating evidence is found, I truly believe this is a tactic.

Bump for this theory

Thanks for your input. I live 2 blocks from the University of Louisiana Lafayette campus and she was last seen on camera 4 blocks from the University (2 blocks from my house). This could be the reason.

And Mickey is a student too.

As far as sleuthing out RSO's, how do I explain this.:waitasec: They're not all alike.
Just because someone is an RSO, doesn't mean they are involved in committing violent crimes. In no way am I sticking up for someone who's made that list, but they are more often smooth operators - not abductors.
That said, when I look at their pics most of them sure look creepy.

This is what the Sheriff in S. Lamar's case said publically last week though - only one percent of RSO's commit these types of crimes (taking a person and killing them).

I actually know a RSO and while his crime was not at all excusable, it wasn't violent and he'd never kidnap someone. He's basically an immature drunk.

I actually know this man. I know where he is employed, and while it is technically an Indian restaurant, they are contracted out by another company in Lafayette and he runs the kitchen there. I worked for the company that contracts him out. So unless he also works at the restaurant at nights, I highly doubt MS ever met him. He is a very nice man, doesn't seem sketchy at all. (But that really means nothing.)

That's why I feel badly sleuthing and posting about RSOs....as someone else said only 1% of them commit crimes like in SL's case and I hate even hinting at someone being involved in that kind of a crime. However, according to the RSO website, he did 7 and a half years in prison for sexual battery. I'm not sure what all "sexual battery" entails though....but 7 years in prison makes it sound like something really bad.... But who knows? Sorry to bring someone you know in to this. I just get worried - thanks to the Jaycee Duggadd case- that some RSO is being overlooked or not fully investigated.

I agree the perp may likely be local. Or if not from South Louisiana, maybe employed offshore or at a plant.

I think it would be worth it to search the parking lots at the PHI heliports in Lafayette, Houma, Morgan City, etc. If a similar truck is found, it could at least be visually inspected without a warrant.

And Mickey is a student too.

I am also a student at the same University.

Cases like this interest me because although the streets near my area are not safe, a crime such as this one is not very common. This reeks of a serial suspect which shouldn't be underestimated. Obviously the FBI hasn't. I remain with the belief that the bike was recently planted until I am presented with evidence saying otherwise.

MICKEY IS STILL OUT THERE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member