"G (Guilty)" vs "NG (Not Guilty)" Where do you stand? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think this was a simple setup. They drove her around and got her to make some statements, then they challenged her on those statements to get a confession out of her. It didn't work!! So they started asking more questions. I would call it entrapment. They hadn't investigated enough at that point to know what the truth was. This looks like a bunch of keystone cops trying to figure out what happened. If I thought they were professional about it, I might not be questioning their intentions. Since this day, they have tried so hard to come up with some strong evidence. If they would just open their minds and let the witnesses speak, they may get to the truth of the matter. It seems in every interview they constantly interupt the witness while he or she is speaking. Well anyway, they will be lucky to use this interrogation in court. They should have read her the Miranda rights. In court they will let the witnesses have their say. And then we will find out what really happened. LE is way off, that is why I say NG

She should have asked for a lawyer...else, the rest is fair game to LE..
If she is smart enough to get away for 31 days without her child, she is smart enough to ask for a lawyer..I personally don't think they have been trying to come up with evidence...it has fallen in their laps over the months, every since she first opened her mouth.
What I don't understand is this..
If Casey's story is so true, then why wait to prove it in a court of law? Morally you would think that someone who is missing a child would say the hell with my case, find my daughter..get a composite out there so this person doesn't take another child..nothing...nadda....
The day we allow suspects to take over interrogations, will be the day there will be no more need for investigators. My opinion is that they did their jobs. Many parents out there Mark Klauss for instance would have demanded a polygraph in Casey situation...not given the detectives a trail of BS...
I respect your opinion, but firmly disagree.

First Degree Premeditated Murder....

Notthatsmart,

In thread #2 you said "Is that true? Where is that doc? Did the state really offer a plea to Casey? I don't know how I missed this." I found an article on Baynews9 that was run on Tuesday March 10, 2009 that has a signed motion that Casey had handwritten that she refused to take a plea deal for a crime she did not commit. So I would say yes, the state did in fact offer a plea to Casey.

In the very beginning of this case, the state offered Casey a plea bargain that had a deadline. If memory served me correctly, the date of that deadline was around the second week of August 2008. Baez dismissed the offer of a plea bargain outright without any further consideration and let the deadline date pass.

Notthatsmart,

In thread #2 you said "Is that true? Where is that doc? Did the state really offer a plea to Casey? I don't know how I missed this." I found an article on Baynews9 that was run on Tuesday March 10, 2009 that has a signed motion that Casey had handwritten that she refused to take a plea deal for a crime she did not commit. So I would say yes, the state did in fact offer a plea to Casey.

CASEYNOTELG.jpg

Thank you so much. Wow the state offering a plea aggrement in March of 09 after all the reports were in. That is huge. That means they have nothing.

I just think this was a simple setup. They drove her around and got her to make some statements, then they challenged her on those statements to get a confession out of her. It didn't work!! So they started asking more questions. I would call it entrapment. They hadn't investigated enough at that point to know what the truth was. This looks like a bunch of keystone cops trying to figure out what happened. If I thought they were professional about it, I might not be questioning their intentions. Since this day, they have tried so hard to come up with some strong evidence. If they would just open their minds and let the witnesses speak, they may get to the truth of the matter. It seems in every interview they constantly interupt the witness while he or she is speaking. Well anyway, they will be lucky to use this interrogation in court. They should have read her the Miranda rights. In court they will let the witnesses have their say. And then we will find out what really happened. LE is way off, that is why I say NG

One needs to remember that a Child was missing, a child that hadn't been seen for "31" days. When LE is trying to find out what has happened to a missing child, I really don't think they care if they look like Keystone Cops - if that is what it takes to lead them to the safe return of a child.
MO these will be heard in court. LE did nothing wrong. KC is not a child that was being interrogated by LE without her Mommy and Daddy there. Caylee was the child that needed her Mommy to protect her.
Based on Released Evidence to date IMO Murder First Degree

Thank you so much. Wow the state offering a plea aggrement in March of 09 after all the reports were in. That is huge. That means they have nothing.

Ok sorry but you are totally stating mistruths and maybe you need to go to rumor thread. - I respect your opinion when it is your opinion but can not just say nothing when you keep posting things that are blantantly not true and posting them as fact.

It is my opinion that this all went wrong from the beginning. I believe Casey led LE out to universal to look at tapes to see if Caylee or the Zanny had been out there. She was just trying to help. At that point LE decided to interrogate her with 3 big mean guys against one young woman. At that point, they should have read her the Miranda rights. I do believe they were trying to trick a confession out of her. It didn't work and in the end they started asking questions again. Just the fact that they started asking questions again, showed me that they had no idea of what happened. When LE acts like this in a very unprofessional manner it raises red flags for me. So I will admit that I was suspicious of LE and SA from the beginning. Since then, they have not been able to come up with some strong evidence that she did it. It just leads me to believe they have been wrong all along. On this basis I believe she is NG.

KC directed LE to Universal because she said her phone was on her desk with important ZFG info on it-which was a lie. KC said, she worked at Universal-which was a lie. KC led LE to Sawgrass Apts. # 210 to look for ZFG-which was a lie. KC led LE to the old folks home and even pointed out ZFG apt.-which was a lie. KC stated to LE that bringing LE out to Universal was not going to help find Caylee. Talk about red flags with regard to lying. LE was right on to mistrust every word that came out of KC's mouth. All KC was worried about was her mother as she clearly stated in her interview with LE at Universal. Kind of sad that your more afraid of your mother than you are of finding your baby.

If LE wasn't supposed to ask her questions and drive her around and challenge her obvious lies ~ Then, pray tell, what would you expect them to do to try to find Caylee?

notthatsmart,
This is your post from the last thread, post #500 (bolding by me):

Bold 1: I am pretty sure LE took Casey to Universal. It is LE that claimed it was her office. It is LE that said she led them down a hallway and turned around and said she doesn't work there. Quit putting words in Casey's mouth. That is exactly what LE did and they will be cross examined about it. They are going to have to provide proof that she lied. A tape would be nice. They should have read her her rights at that point before they ganged up on her and started interogating her. I stand by my question: Where is the proof that Casey lied to police? This is why I am on the fence here. If we want to get to the truth for Caylee, then we are going to have to understand that LE will come under cross examination.

-----------------------

If you contradict even what you, yourself, say how can you expect anyone to provide you with facts that would be meaningful to you? It appears you might have to stay on that fence if you keep arguing with yourself so much.

Gosh highly technical there. Thanks I think the viewers got what I was saying. You can go ahead and try and make a fool out of me if you wish. I really don't take it personally. But at some point, can we get back to the evidence and the topic? I think she is NG based on these silly tactics by police. They really didn't know. They still don't know.

The plea was not offered in March -09, it was offered months before Caylee was ever found. It was a plea for Casey to lead the officers to Caylee's where abouts. (IIRC)

What is very interesting is that JB's other defendant in a recent murder case is claiming the same thing - that the SA was somehow "mad" at him because he didn't take a plea deal and that the SA lobbied for a stiffer sentence. This other defendant said it after sentencing and wasn't unprofessional enough to hand-write it on a formal motion, but the tactic is the same and the wording is eerily familiar. Makes me think that JB's first line of defense is to tell his clients that things aren't looking up because they didn't take a plea instead of blaming himself for not giving them practical advice. JB has exhibited dog-in-the-manger 'tudes before and they didn't work in his favor.

We have no corroboration that any plea was even offered, just Ms Anthonys scribbled accusation. Makes me think JB is pulling a Svengali.

If LE wasn't supposed to ask her questions and drive her around and challenge her obvious lies ~ Then, pray tell, what would you expect them to do to try to find Caylee?

Why not be nice about it. Why not investigate some more first before accusing someone. In the Drew Peterson case, LE waited a year. I applaud them for that. That was a smart move.

We are finding that these mean interrogation programs are not working in combat either. It is up for debate in Washington.

I would have been nice to her and then watched her. I also would have looked in the most obvious place of all, (the wood by the house).

Gosh highly technical there. Thanks I think the viewers got what I was saying. You can go ahead and try and make a fool out of me if you wish. I really don't take it personally. But at some point, can we get back to the evidence and the topic? I think she is NG based on these silly tactics by police. They really didn't know. They still don't know.

I think Nick Savage made it perfectly clear to KC that they have more than speculation that she murdered Caylee. Why do you think Jose Baez got KC out of that interview with Nick Savage so quickly?

The plea was not offered in March -09, it was offered months before Caylee was ever found. It was a plea for Casey to lead the officers to Caylee's where abouts. (IIRC)

Plea was offered after KC was bonded out in 2008. Remains of Caylee were found (though her parents would like to pretend the opposite) on December 11th, 2008. The Plea was never answered by Baez and as far as I know expired before October 2008. So....

Back to the topic at hand
KC is guilty. Her parents are stupid. KC deserves to be incarcerated. KC was not tricked by police...and is an accomplished liar. And her parents are dumber than rocks. And convict her already. Premeditated murder = Caylee is dead. Her parents might want to massage their disability/pictures of dead granddaughter money and remember that she was rendered bones by their dead beat lying ....(sleeps with whomever is available in the phone book) daughter.

I didn't get what you were saying. I'm not making a fool out of you. Can you enlighten me as to which of your two contradictory statements you are claiming belief in now?

How was it a set up when she freely admitted that she didn't work there? She admitted that. She was read her miranda rights. Even that the door at Universal was not locked and she was free to walk out at anytime. She admitted she lied. LIED. How dumb are her parents?

How guilty is KC = premeditated murder + circumstances.

Okay, if she was read her Miranda rights in that interrogation interview which I have listened to about 8 times, I missed it. I stand corrected.

Why not be nice about it. Why not investigate some more first before accusing someone. In the Drew Peterson case, LE waited a year. I applaud them for that. That was a smart move.

We are finding that these mean interrogation programs are not working in combat either. It is up for debate in Washington.

I would have been nice to her and then watched her. I also would have looked in the most obvious place of all, (the wood by the house).

Um, okay, yeah, why not wait a year? It's not like they thought there was a live baby out there to look for or anything. :waitasec::banghead:

I think Nick Savage made it perfectly clear to KC that they have more than speculation that she murdered Caylee. Why do you think Jose Baez got KC out of that interview with Nick Savage so quickly?

Casey clearly asked for her Lawyer in that interview. Nick had no business talking to her about the case once she asked for counsel. Again making me suspicious of LE and their intentions.

It is my opinion that this all went wrong from the beginning. I believe Casey led LE out to universal to look at tapes to see if Caylee or the Zanny had been out there. She was just trying to help. At that point LE decided to interrogate her with 3 big mean guys against one young woman. At that point, they should have read her the Miranda rights. I do believe they were trying to trick a confession out of her. It didn't work and in the end they started asking questions again. Just the fact that they started asking questions again, showed me that they had no idea of what happened. When LE acts like this in a very unprofessional manner it raises red flags for me. So I will admit that I was suspicious of LE and SA from the beginning. Since then, they have not been able to come up with some strong evidence that she did it. It just leads me to believe they have been wrong all along. On this basis I believe she is NG.

BBM.. What sort of confession do you think they were trying to trick out of her? My take on it, is they were trying to find where 'precious' Caylee was!!

Do you remember that this exchange took place less than 24 hours after Caylee was reported missing? And you want LE to "be nice about it?" Besides she wasn't formally accused of anything that day. She was challenged about all her lies which she should have been. LE wanted the truth out of Casey so they could find precious Caylee, who at the time LE thought was still alive.

. . . and you want them to be nice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member