Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure how to bring posts over from other threads but if you check the last few pages in thread 14 you will find reference and a sketch artist drawing of a suspect who attempted to abduct 2 young girls from MB hotels. The sketch is remarkably similar to this POI who was living at the Sunset Lodge. Quite a few coincidences that give me great hope LE is onto something.

You are correct. It did look like him....

Very interesting, good job everyone. Just finished looking at the end of thread 14, seems he has been named by MSM. I'm not sure if anyones posted this yet but maybe locals or someone/witness may have seen a vehicle.

From the SLED web site. He owned 3 trucks.

SC ATJxxx
Dodge Dakota
yr, 2000
Green (Dark)

SC P434xxx
GMC V3500 Pickup
White

SC GLIxxx
Ford
F150

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=602623&AgencyID=54575

He should have stayed locked up for his crimes.

Very interesting, good job everyone. Just finished looking at the end of thread 14, seems he has been named by MSM. I'm not sure if anyones posted this yet but maybe locals or someone/witness may have seen a vehicle.

From the SLED web site. He owned 3 trucks.

SC ATJxxx
Dodge Dakota
yr, 2000
Green (Dark)

SC P434xxx
GMC V3500 Pickup
White

SC GLIxxx
Ford
F150

http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=602623&AgencyID=54575

He should have stayed locked up for his crimes.

I saw that and wondered why he had 3 trucks. No color listed for the F150 but there are a lot of those around. Maybe the GMC and Dodge are work trucks. Who knows!

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/15196092/aftermath-of-georgetown-co-search-for-drexel

Shows photos from inside the room after police search.

Does the Luminol 'enhance' with the presence of blood? I see lots of blue on those pictures, some areas more concentrated/darker than others, like the curtains for example, but not sure what to make of it. ETA: Nevermind, I guess if it would have glowed they would have taken the curtains - my duh moment for the day.

And that's a lot of wallpaper removed from the bathroom, especially behind the sink area.

It sure does look they someone sprayed A LOT of something all over the place... weird :waitasec:

I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with the Drexel case from day one.. as well as many others- Zahra Baker, Holly Bobo, Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Caylee Anthony, etc. But, Brittanee's case has always stuck with me for some reason.. I think we all have that one unsolved case that we can't forget, and for me, this is it. I think it's because we're so close in age, and I go to Myrtle Beach every summer with my friends.
Anyways, I was ecstatic when I heard the news of there being a possible break in the case, everyone has been waiting so long for it.. I know her family has, especially her mother. This guy Ray Moody.. his picture ALONE gives me the creeps. I agree, he should have NEVER been let out of jail.. people with problems like that can not be fixed, there's no therapy that can heal such a sick mind.
In the beginning of this case, I also thought of the possibility that the friends had something to do with it.. especially those guys.. I didn't understand them just leaving in the middle of the night, and not picking up their security deposit before they left.. that's extremely strange for guys their age. I was appalled by the rest of the girls on the trip's actions following Britt's disappearance. They say none of them were that great of friends.. okay, still.. If I went on Spring Break with a simple ACQUAINTANCE, and they came up missing, I wouldn't leave until I found something out.. or knew that the police were taking care of it. The fact that they just let her walk around by herself in the first place is ridiculous. After many trips to Myrtle Beach, I do agree that the spot in which they believe she was taken can be really dark at night.. considering most of the attractions are on the other side of Ocean Boulevard.. & there are numerous alley ways/bushes or parking lots that this person could have been waiting in. Initially, I found it really strange that she was abducted on Ocean Boulevard during Spring Break.. I figured there would have been SOMEONE around to see something, because there are people everywhere.. but, if she's on the opposite side of where everyone is, there isn't a lot of foot traffic. WHY didn't one of those boys offer her a ride back, or to even walk with her?
When they arrested the Taylor guy from Mcclellanville, I thought for sure that we would get answers.. because he ran around with some guys who had charges filed against them for attempted kidnapping (but they were dropped..?).. AND the girl that reported the attempted kidnapping said it was a group of men. I thought that it was them for sure.. come to find out, he wasn't even IN MB or close to being there around that time..
But, I really don't get a good feeling about this guy. I'm really anxious to see if anything comes out of them searching that apartment.. it looks like they tore it apart looking for evidence.
I wish they wouldn't have spent so much time in the one area where the cell phone last pinged... I think that, for whoever did it, if they're smart enough, they would know not to put her with or close to her cellphone, because they can track it. I believed all along that someone took her, and then threw her phone out along the way to wherever they took her. The fact that he was going BACK towards MB the next day is extremely sketchy.
Random, but what about the guy that took the "last known" video of her, where she's in his room texting on her phone & he's talking to her? I'm guessing nothing came up with him?
& If Ray Moody has a cell phone (I'm sure he does), won't they just be able to check his cell phone records and see where his phone was pinging on April 25, 2009 around the time she disappeared?
& I never had ANY idea that there were two attempted attacks in that same area less than a month earlier.. I knew that there was one a little over a year after Britt disappeared, and that's the girl that mixed up ST & his crew.. but I never knew about anything before that. Does anyone have a link to an article or something that I can read about it?

I'm new here, but I've been keeping up with the Drexel case from day one.. as well as many others- Zahra Baker, Holly Bobo, Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, Caylee Anthony, etc. But, Brittanee's case has always stuck with me for some reason.. I think we all have that one unsolved case that we can't forget, and for me, this is it. I think it's because we're so close in age, and I go to Myrtle Beach every summer with my friends.
Anyways, I was ecstatic when I heard the news of there being a possible break in the case, everyone has been waiting so long for it.. I know her family has, especially her mother. This guy Ray Moody.. his picture ALONE gives me the creeps. I agree, he should have NEVER been let out of jail.. people with problems like that can not be fixed, there's no therapy that can heal such a sick mind.
In the beginning of this case, I also thought of the possibility that the friends had something to do with it.. especially those guys.. I didn't understand them just leaving in the middle of the night, and not picking up their security deposit before they left.. that's extremely strange for guys their age. I was appalled by the rest of the girls on the trip's actions following Britt's disappearance. They say none of them were that great of friends.. okay, still.. If I went on Spring Break with a simple ACQUAINTANCE, and they came up missing, I wouldn't leave until I found something out.. or knew that the police were taking care of it. The fact that they just let her walk around by herself in the first place is ridiculous. After many trips to Myrtle Beach, I do agree that the spot in which they believe she was taken can be really dark at night.. considering most of the attractions are on the other side of Ocean Boulevard.. & there are numerous alley ways/bushes or parking lots that this person could have been waiting in. Initially, I found it really strange that she was abducted on Ocean Boulevard during Spring Break.. I figured there would have been SOMEONE around to see something, because there are people everywhere.. but, if she's on the opposite side of where everyone is, there isn't a lot of foot traffic. WHY didn't one of those boys offer her a ride back, or to even walk with her?
When they arrested the Taylor guy from Mcclellanville, I thought for sure that we would get answers.. because he ran around with some guys who had charges filed against them for attempted kidnapping (but they were dropped..?).. AND the girl that reported the attempted kidnapping said it was a group of men. I thought that it was them for sure.. come to find out, he wasn't even IN MB or close to being there around that time..
But, I really don't get a good feeling about this guy. I'm really anxious to see if anything comes out of them searching that apartment.. it looks like they tore it apart looking for evidence.
I wish they wouldn't have spent so much time in the one area where the cell phone last pinged... I think that, for whoever did it, if they're smart enough, they would know not to put her with or close to her cellphone, because they can track it. I believed all along that someone took her, and then threw her phone out along the way to wherever they took her. The fact that he was going BACK towards MB the next day is extremely sketchy.
Random, but what about the guy that took the "last known" video of her, where she's in his room texting on her phone & he's talking to her? I'm guessing nothing came up with him?
& If Ray Moody has a cell phone (I'm sure he does), won't they just be able to check his cell phone records and see where his phone was pinging on April 25, 2009 around the time she disappeared?
& I never had ANY idea that there were two attempted attacks in that same area less than a month earlier.. I knew that there was one a little over a year after Britt disappeared, and that's the girl that mixed up ST & his crew.. but I never knew about anything before that. Does anyone have a link to an article or something that I can read about it?

:welcome4:

Welcome to WS, BringBrittHome91!

Here is a link about the attempted abductions in MB before Britt disappeared. A composite sketch is included.

http://www2.scnow.com/news/2009/apr/16/police_follow-up_on_leads_in_attempted_sexual_assu-ar-351552/

The RSO/nonPOI is shown in this video. There is definately a resemblence to to the composite. IMO

http://www2.scnow.com/news/grand-st...est-suspect-brittanee-drexel-case-ar-2214968/

Sorry I don't know how to do side by side pics but maybe someone who does will do it for us...hint hint ;)

wm

sketch vs RSO.JPG

Did this work wm? I've never tried attaching anything.

I definitely don't think you are beating a dead horse, SeaNymph, it is a logical assumption.

If I remember correctly, LE seemed to really focus on the "friends". I did too, because they acted like they couldn't care less about her.

The girls took off and left without her, no even really knowing if she was truly missing.

The boys left in the early, early morning hours the night she disapeared also.

In my mind I was sure THEY had done something to Britt, so I can see LE thinking that first.

Remember, LE always starts the investigation with the person or people last seen with the victim.

Thanks Lovejac, as well as everyone else who 'thanked' the post - It wasnt my thoughts I was so hesitant to post about the 'non-POI' but rather a little criticism of LE I was afraid people may think bad of. I've had more time to think about it and to be fair, I don't know everything they know, or have known, all the way through until now. I'm just very much a 1+1=2 kind of person, which tells me that, ok, her phone ends up in Georgetown, LE should start looking at known criminals in the area, and how there wasnt a big flashing red arrow over this guys head from the beginning baffles me...sodomy, rape, kidnapping to commit rape, all on a child under 14; actually 9 (!).... Why would it take 2+ years to get LE IN the room he was staying in, a room that is for all practical purposes in the EXACT location of a heavily concentrated search effort/cell pings.

Ok, deep breath.....Ima need to pray for peace about all that. Dawn Drexel seems very confident in LE here working the case and that really should be enough for me.

I completely agree about the kids from Roc too, I gave them all the stink-eye for a while myself. One thing I knew from day one though, if they had done anything to her, those kids werent going to haul HER down to the desolate low-country where things go 'bump in the night' ALL night long to play hide her body....Maybe to toss a cellphone to distract LE, but even then, this area where her phone was was too far off base for them to have done anything. Arrogant little self-absorbed 's? Absolutely...but if they had done anything to her, the nearest dumpster would have done the job so they could boogie on down to Kryptonite. Wouldnt have wasted their time last night at the beach driving her all over SC coast.

When Brittanee’s disappearance first broke on the news here, my mind immediately went to this guy at Captains Quarters and Hotel Blue, especially knowing the area she was in was so very close to those hotels. Those stood out in my mind because my mama, God rest her soul, was a crime junkie like me and when those happened I just happened to stop by her house the day it made the news and I distinctly remember her saying “You see where somebody’s trying to snatch little girls in hallways of hotels at the beach?” So when Brittanee news broke, that was my first thought. Then the fires came – Myrtle Beach was plagued for weeks with wildfires, especially between those attempts and Brittanee, so that story kind of took a backseat until Brittanee went missing. Even then, no mention was ever made again about those attempts and a possible connection. Then admittedly when the ‘crassness’ of the group she was with in MB came to light, I did think maybe something was there, but only up to the point all roads led to Georgetown river country and that’s when I said ‘nope – not those kids.’

@Wm- Thank you so much! & @SN- that was perfect, thanks a lot!
Looking at the composites, they do look eerily similar.. especially those ears. The only thing that caught my attention was the eye color. Looking at RM's profile on the Georgetown SO registry, his eyes are blue.. the composite says brown or hazel :/.. in most cases, from women that are raped or sexually assaulted, they'll remember the man's eyes. I'm hoping that maybe it's just a mix up & the girls got it wrong & that he really is the one that did it. It's extremely ironic that those attacks were less than a month before she was abducted, AND within such close proximity. The Bluewater hotel isn't far at all from CQ & Hotel Blue. If RM isn't the one who did it, I'm guessing that whoever attacked the other girls is also the one that got Brittanee. He clearly realized that his plan wasn't working, considering both of those girls got away.. so, he figured he'll just snatch someone up, and go from there.

& I agree, if the kids had anything to do with it, they wouldn't have went that far out of the way... not on their last night of Spring Break, anyway. The nearest dumpster would have been more convenient from them.
& judging from RM's profile, I could see him attacking those first two girls.. after all, he has been charged in the past with "indecent exposure", and lewd/lascivious acts with a child under the age of 14.. the first girl was 14, the second was 12.
But, then again, I could agree on the fact that Brittanee may have been "too old" for him also... there is a huge gap between the age of 9, and being close to 18 years old.. I don't know. I just want them to find something out. I hate waiting, and I hate that her family is still having to wait. It's ridiculous that it's taken LE two years to get inside that apartment.. how about searching his other cars too? Have they done that? If he really got her, he had to transport her somehow.
& How about his attitude when he was approached at work by the reporter.. his behavior was way out of line. If he was TRULY innocent, he would have said something like "no, I'm so sorry that she's missing. I wish the best outcome for her family, but I had nothing to do with it.".. he just seemed overly angry, for no reason. Very strange.

Hi all catching up. I haven't read everything yet; but hoping since this RSO never killed anyone maybe there is a chance Britt's alive somewhere. I know after all this time it is unlikely but still gives me some hope.

Hope we hear something soon.

Bump

We cant lose momentum now, just as there could be a big break with this Moody guy...

Initially, I found it really strange that she was abducted on Ocean Boulevard during Spring Break.. I figured there would have been SOMEONE around to see something, because there are people everywhere.. but, if she's on the opposite side of where everyone is, there isn't a lot of foot traffic. WHY didn't one of those boys offer her a ride back, or to even walk with her?

See I always thought this too! I went on vacation to Myrtle Beach last summer and I am pretty sure she the direction she was walking (which was South) was towards where all the major activity is at. We took a drive down around the area she was last seen at on an evening night while there. We wanted to see what was around down in that area and it was packed with people because that area she was last seen at is very extremely close to the board walk shops. I'm with you completely and don't understand how someone could not have seen something and like you said the traffic is awful too down around there.

Bringing my posts over from a previous thread where I discuss the area Brittanee was last seen in. I also have the pictures from my vacation.

OK here is a bit of information about the area. Blue Water Resort is an ocean front resort located on the beach and the same thing with Bar Harbor. I am pretty sure that she had to be walking South down the street to get to Bluewater and if I remember correctly it is a bit of a walk. The thing is though is that the whole strip is surrounded by shops, restaurants, and hotels. She's basically where everything is out. The place that my family is staying it is also surrounded by everything too. We don't have to drive very far at all cause of the location. There is some wooded area if you are going on 501 to the Walmart that is here. Other than that you are pretty much at the ocean and the thing i don't get is like I said how she could go missing just like that. I mean there is people every where. Here is two pictures that I just now took which is a view out side of the resort we are staying in. It is facing the direction in the way she'd be walking and also the direction that bar harbor and the blue water are at.

It's just right along the beach just like you can see in the pictures the hotels going along the side. You can also see how there is no wooded area or anything and how it is all restaurants and stuff. It will just kinda give you an idea.

Here are the pictures of the Hotels she was last seen around. I don't have one of Blue Water bc looking back I think I snapped a pic of the wrong hotel Lol. Blue Water can bee seen here: http://www.bluewaterresort.com.

See I always thought this too! I went on vacation to Myrtle Beach last summer and I am pretty sure she the direction she was walking (which was South) was towards where all the major activity is at. We took a drive down around the area she was last seen at on an evening night while there. We wanted to see what was around down in that area and it was packed with people because that area she was last seen at is very extremely close to the board walk shops. I'm with you completely and don't understand how someone could not have seen something and like you said the traffic is awful too down around there.

Where Britt was staying (Bar Harbor) is close to the Boardwalk.

Where Britt went missing from (BlueWater Resort) is about 1.1 miles further south - well past the Boardwalk, the water park and amusement park.

Hi all catching up. I haven't read everything yet; but hoping since this RSO never killed anyone maybe there is a chance Britt's alive somewhere. I know after all this time it is unlikely but still gives me some hope.

Hope we hear something soon.

I know we are not allowed to copy and paste comments but the above link in the comments someone said their is a rumor Britt's clothes were found in the walls of the apt. Anyone else hear that. I would think if it were true an arrest would have been made already. Thanks for the link.

I haven't heard anything Rochestergirl. IDK but would think that LE would do some DNA forensics on the clothes before releasing any info to the public. (if this rumor is indeed true)

I hope LE is onto something with this non-poi. His mug shot looks eerily similar to the man I saw snatch Brittanee in a dream that I had before the Randa Massey incident and TST's subsequent court appearance. I've only shared the details of this dream with one other sleuth and told this person then that it was a white man who snatched Brittanee!

This thread is for Brittanee so I won't share further details here. If you 'like' this post then maybe I will gain the courage to share thru pm's! I am a bit conflicted and shy about this phenomena and don't use it for monetary gain so please be kind. (It took ALOT of thought for me to share this with you all as I have been on the:fence:)

wm

I tried to add to my post above...but the edit time had expired.

I should add - the new boardwalk runs to the 2nd Ave. Pier - Britt's hotel (Bar-Harbor) is about a half a block to a block further south. She was not near the shops and "main" part of the boardwalk in "downtown" MB. The Bar-Harbor is several blocks south of that area (probably about 8 blocks).

Some others from ROC who were "with" Britt & others were staying in the Boardwalk Hotel - which is several blocks north of downtown and I believe it's several blocks north of the actual beach boardwalk. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming into play - with the "boardwalk".

Britt was nowhere near the beach boardwalk area when she went missing - she was probably a good 2 miles from that area when taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77