GUILTY FL - Myleahya Woods, 1, home alone, found dead, Bellview, 12 Oct 2009

Wow, this is absolutely horrible. She was questioned for 12 hours before she told them about the other child under the bed? WTF!!!!!!!

:( Those poor sweet babies. I hope the two surviving are able to make a complete physical and emotional recovery with a loving family. Christian will pay the price for the death of Myleahya. I'll never understand how anyone can value life so little they toss it away with their trash. Heartbreaking.

Wow, this is absolutely horrible. She was questioned for 12 hours before she told them about the other child under the bed? WTF!!!!!!!

I thought I'd read that wrong, thank you for mentioning it.

I feel so terrible for these babies. Haven't been able to comment because I can't seem to type without some really bad words flying out of my fingers.

Praying that the two remaining children survive this ordeal and are adopted by a loving family. I pray that Myleahya is laid to rest properly and is at home with the Lord.

Are there any banks accepting donations for the future care of the children or funeral expenses?

I agree with everyone who has posted so far. I have kids too....same age so this is bitter for me.

My only opinion to add is that at the tender age of 21, I am guessing this woman was NOT into motherhood. People wonder how someone can be so cruel to a child but, she was still mentally a child herself. I say that because it is a sign of maturity to put another life ahead of your own self gratification. This woman was incapable of it and hence physically but not mentally ready for motherhood.

In this situation she should have given her kids up for adoption when she had them so they could have had a chance of a good life while she went out and partied or whatever she was doing.

This doesn't excuse the abuse but add a poor upbringing and maybe you have the recipe for this crime.

Give those kids a good home now plez!

My mum had two kids before 21, and she didn't anything like this. I don't see 21 as childhood. (But I guess we are drawing childhood out in terms of lack of responsibility these days, even as kids lose their innocence at younger and younger ages. :( )

It's good you can have sympathy for her, but if she wasn't ready, she could have not had children or given them up for adoption. I can't have any sympathy for her.

I hope she stays in jail at least until she can't breed any longer. We don't need any more dead babies because of her. IMO, she lost her chance.

What killed Baby Myleahya?
October 15, 2009
<snipped>
An autopsy was performed Wednesday on Myleahya. It could be eight weeks before the toxicology test results are available.

Jaterius was released from the hospital Thursday. He was placed in a foster home in which the caregivers are trained to care for children with medical needs, said Janice Thomas, a Florida Department of Children and Families circuit administrator.

Mykayhla remained in the hospital Thursday in fair condition. She will be placed in the same foster home as her brother when she is released from the hospital, Thomas said.

DCF will be looking for a permanent foster home for the children as well as trying to determine if any relatives are qualified to care for the children, Thomas said.

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091015/NEWS01/91015017/1006
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Test results weeks away in discarded baby case
Little girl's body left in trash can
October 16, 2009
<snipped>
"The child was in a state of malnutrition," Jeff Martin, director of the Medical Examiner's Office, said Thursday. "We need to rule out all different causes of death prior to making a final determination."

She told investigators she left the children to go to work in Mobile but her arrest report lists her as being unemployed.

There is an ongoing investigation into Woods' whereabouts during the time the children were home alone, Assistant State Attorney John Molchan said.

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091016/NEWS01/910160323/1006/NEWS01
Bond Set At $1 Million In Baby&#8217;s Death
October 15, 2009
<snipped>
Bond was set at $1 million Wednesday for the woman prosecutors say threw her dead infant daughter into a trash can and left two of her other children alone while she reported them missing.

Prosecutors said Woods&#8217; family members had no idea what was going on with the children, and that she never asked for help.

The State Attorney&#8217;s office argued Wednesday that if Woods would treat her own children in such a manner, she was a risk if released on bond.

Her next court day is November 6 for an arraignment hearing.

Article:
http://www.northescambia.com/?p=11581

:angel:

Why would cps leave the kids in a house without water or electricity im pretty sure thats not acceptable.

Good grief and 18 month old weighing 11 pounds?! My kids are both little and petite like me, and my daughter was still 23 pounds two months ago at 18 months. I believe she was 40th-45th percentile. 11 pounds is about the size of a 1 month old!

All of the kids looked healthy and cared for in those photos. I wonder what happened between then and now? Those poor, poor babies :(

A child tossed into the trash. Another weighing 11 pounds. The third just as malnurished and in need of medical care in the foster home.

I do not give a crap what this "woman" was doing in Mobile. The bottom line, the truth, is she never, ever cared for these three innocents. They were nothing. As far as any family members or "friends", where the hell were they??? CPS received a complaint, but followed up further? Though to be fair, maybe this woman moved and they lost track of her and children. Just tossing out a bone to CPS. For the moment.

I want them. I want these babes in my home, in my arms, and to feel heart love. With content bellies and sleep with no fear of abandonment....

This story makes me want to vomit. I will NEVER understand how anyone can have such a complete and total disregard for another human being, much less a child!

There are days when this will just pop into my head: Somewhere, at this very instant, a child is being neglected or abused. If only I knew where that child was so I could save it.

Woods' son out of hospital
Mother of three remains jailed on manslaughter charge
October 17, 2009
<snipped>
The oldest of three children left alone for days inside an Escambia County home was released Thursday night from Sacred Heart Hospital, a hospital spokesman said.

Jaterius Woods, 2, was placed in a foster home after his release from the hospital. His little sister, 18-month-old Mykayhla, remained in fair condition Friday at Sacred Heart, hospital spokesman Mike Burke said.

Christian Woods' attorney, Assistant Public Defender Clint Davis, said Friday that his office intends to order an extensive mental health evaluation for his client.

Woods will be arraigned Nov. 6 before Circuit Judge Frank Bell.

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091017/NEWS01/910170319/1006/NEWS01

Judges set bonds on variety of factors
Judges weigh more than just the crime
October 30, 2009
<snipped>
Christian Woods, charged this month with manslaughter and child neglect in the death of her 18-month-old daughter, sits in the Escambia County Jail with a $1 million bond.

A defendant's criminal history, their ties to the community, their potential danger to the community and any previous flight from the arms of the law are taken into consideration.

"We try to be consistent," Assistant State Attorney John Molchan said.
Even media attention can sway a judge who is an elected official.

Her next court date is Nov. 6.

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091030/NEWS01/910300310/1051

Mother remains in jail
Updated: Friday, 06 Nov 2009, 7:40 PM CST
Published : Friday, 06 Nov 2009, 7:40 PM CST
<snipped>
What shook some of the family the most was Woods' next court date actually falls on one of her children's birthdays. An unidentified family member yelled out in the courtroom. "You realize that your son's birthday, child." Judge Frank Bell said, "Ma'am we don't need any comments from you."

Woods court date is still set for February 16 with a trial set to begin March 1.

Woods will remain in the Escambia jail on $250 thousand bond. She faces a murder charge, and two cruelty counts.

*NOTE: video Included In Article!

Article:
http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/mother_remains_in_jail+
Mother pleads not guilty in death of 18-month-old
November 7, 2009
<snipped>
A woman charged in the death of one of her children and the neglect of two others pleaded not guilty Friday.

Woods is charged with manslaughter in Myleahya's death and with aggravated child abuse of Mykayhla and brother, Jaterius, 2.

Woods is due back in court Feb. 16 with a tentative trial date of March 1.

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091107...r-pleads-not-guilty--in-death-of-18-month-old
Mom Charged With Tossing Her Dead Baby In Trash Says She&#8217;s Not Guilty
November 7, 2009
<snipped>
Christian Rochelle Woods, 21, entered the plea in Escambia County Circuit Court on Friday as her friends and families told the judge that she is a good mother. She is due back in court in February with her trial scheduled to being March 1. She remains in the Escambia County Jail on $250,000 bond.

Prosecutors said Woods&#8217; family members had no idea what was going on with the children, and that she never asked for help.

Article:
http://www.northescambia.com/?p=12137

I will NEVER grasp how so called family and friends can make such statements when there is evidence that totally conflicts with it. Seriously, even her lawyer to have such comments made/allowed disgusts me with said evidence on record.

Apparently, not one of these people ever saw these 3 innocents and if they had and ignored what was right in front of their eyes, they are as much to blame as the mother. I am so disgusted.:furious:

Woods' bond reduced
November 30, 2009
<snipped>
Christian Woods, 21, has been jailed on $1 million bond since her Oct. 14 arrest. Circuit Judge Terry Terrell on Monday reduced her bond to $250,000. :furious:

Public Defender James Owens, who appeared on Woods&#8217; behalf at the hearing in Pensacola, asked Terrell to give his client a $10,000 bond. :shakehead:

Her family members groaned and sighed :furious: as Terrell granted the bond reduction, which would require them to front $25,000 to a professional bondsman for her release.

Owens presented nine witnesses, including Woods, who could hardly speak. She sobbed as she answered a handful of standard questions from Assistant State Attorney John Molchan.

Article:
http://www.pnj.com/article/20091130/NEWS01/91130013

This whole family disgusts me too OrdinaryLife!

ETA: She threw this little angel in the trash & left her & her siblings all alone for 3DAYS with only 6 containers of opened Jell-O's to eat. She coouldn't even leave them with 2 each for the 3 days she decided to run around. I bet CW had more than just jello to eat in the 3 days she was gone. I can't believe that her family is standing by her side & not standing up for this little angel & her siblings. :furious:

Her family members groaned and sighed :furious: as Terrell granted the bond reduction, which would require them to front $25,000 to a professional bondsman for her release.

If this family couldn't feed these children, do we really think they will cough up the money for bond? These babies were ignored when they needed someone to care for them. If the family steps up now, it will be infuriating. :banghead:

I don't even put small family pets in the trash when they pass on. It's bad enough to starve your child to death... then to throw it in the trash??!! and THEN not let the LE know you have another dying child under the bed for over 12 hours!?!? Its unbelievable. I don't have words for what should happen to her.

I don't even put small family pets in the trash when they pass on. It's bad enough to starve your child to death... then to throw it in the trash??!! and THEN not let the LE know you have another dying child under the bed for over 12 hours!?!? Its unbelievable. I don't have words for what should happen to her.

EXACTLY!! We treat our dead pets better than she treated her children!

Oh, by the way, there might be another one in the house hanging on by a thread. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back