Stranger Abduction Theories #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt Kyron would be attending a school...he is old enough to say his real name, tell a teacher or someone who he is. Whoever would have him would not dare leave him in another's care for 8 hours a day, in my opinion. If he is alive, he is probably being kept inside and home-schooled, if at all. Maybe some years down the road they would relax and get careless, but I doubt it would be so, just a matter of months later. I just don't see it, but of course anything is possible.

I doubt Kyron would be attending a school...he is old enough to say his real name, tell a teacher or someone who he is. Whoever would have him would not dare leave him in another's care for 8 hours a day, in my opinion. If he is alive, he is probably being kept inside and home-schooled, if at all. Maybe some years down the road they would relax and get careless, but I doubt it would be so, just a matter of months later. I just don't see it, but of course anything is possible.

It would depend on what kind of story he was told about why he is where he's at. If he's been told -- I'm totally making this up, it's just an example! -- that for instance his dad got in trouble for something about his work and now they have to hide from the spies, or some other plausible reason why they all have to hide, and his dad will join him as soon as it's safe, he might throw himself wholeheartedly into keeping himself hidden.

In the case of Steven Stayner he knew his name and was told a tale that his parents didn't want him. He went to school. He could have been told that he was being taken out of the home because of TH and her behavior and his mom couldn't take him or his dad didn't want him now that they had a new baby. I just think If I send out flyers to schools, even if he is home schooled they have to let a school know about him. So maybe they will make flyers and a teachers will remember his face, or see him out somewhere. Huge long shot but if I do nothing, nothing happens.

I don't mean to discourage any action at all, Bern...I just thought that schools really required a record transfer these days and were pretty strict about it...

Somehow I also think kids are more savvy these days than 20 years ago, and less likely to believe stories about parents not wanting them...I could be wrong there, but with Tony as Kyron's stepdad, I guess I give extra credit there, that he has heard most of the stranger/danger things that are out there.

I would love to believe that Kyron is being taken care of at least, if not happy and well, but it is very difficult. I don't think Terri would forfeit her own child just to make Kyron go away...once she saw what she was losing I think she would have "reappeared" him in some way or other. I believe her plan, if she had one, was to end up alone with the baby, not pay a price (which she is) for Kyron vanishing.

I don't like that the media coverage always seems to be screaming, "IT WAS TERRI!" because I believe that stops people from looking for Kyron when they go out. People assume that the stepmom had something to do with his disappearance and he never left the Portland area. In the Madeleine McCann case, everyone was told about her eye and that she doesn't respond to Maddie. I feel like it hasn't been like that with Kyron's case.

I don't mean to discourage any action at all, Bern...I just thought that schools really required a record transfer these days and were pretty strict about it...

respectfully snipped:

You didn't discourage me Cluciano, I just always want a happy ending or at least one that can over come the evil. We had 13 homicides this year in our county and 5 of them were at the hands of a family member. I am just wishing against the odds here. But I will still send out some flyers each week just in case this old bird is still young enough to catch the worm. :)

I know that my sister in TX, who was following this story initially, stopped following it a while back, when all of the ugly divorce action started being made public, as she assumed that Kyron's disappearance was a parental kidnapping. Maybe other people feel the same way. And with LE keeping so quiet, it doesn't exactly help to prevent such conclusions.

Elizabeth Smart would never have been found if people just thought she was dead and didn't bother to look at faces of young girls to see if they spotted her. Kyron could be out there, I know it doesn't look good, but we need to still keep a photo of him in our car or wallet and look when we can. A stranger may have taken him. Until they find a body, the family has to hope.

I know that my sister in TX, who was following this story initially, stopped following it a while back, when all of the ugly divorce action started being made public, as she assumed that Kyron's disappearance was a parental kidnapping. Maybe other people feel the same way. And with LE keeping so quiet, it doesn't exactly help to prevent such conclusions.

But if it's a parental kidnapping, they'd have to be hiding him somewhere, wouldn't they? So we still need to be on the lookout.

Again, I look to Steven Stayner. Within a short time of abducting him, Kenneth Parnell had him attending public school.

As adults, I think we tend to assume that Kyron would know a terrible wrong had been done to him and that all he'd have to do would be tell an adult in a position of authority (police officer, teacher, doctor, etc) in order to have that wrong be reversed.

But when I think about it, I'm not sure that assumption is correct. One thing that has boggled me from the beginning of this case is the number of people who assume that schools are safe havens. I know my schools never felt safe to me, a mixed race kid in the turmoil of the 60s civil rights strife. When something terrible did happen to me at school, I was not in the least bit surprised, I always knew that school was a dangerous place to be. I'm amazed at the number of people for whom school was apparently safe.

Even someone twice Kyron's age when abducted, Elizabeth Smart, was unsure as to who she could trust to rescue her. It took more than an hour of persistent questioning and reassurances before she could actually admit she was Elizabeth Smart.

I think if Kyron were abducted by someone who was kind to him at least part of the time, who told him that his parents had given him away for whatever blah-blah reason, it's likely Kyron would believe them. The manipulative abductor would tell him he had a new name and that the old name was a sad one that no one wanted to hear.

Most kids would then start using the new name and stop using the old one unless adroitly questioned. And outside the Portland area, who would be motivated to question a little boy as to his name?

It wouldn't take long before a manipulative abductor would have Kyron manipulated to the point where he would have no reason to tell anyone his name used to be Kyron.

In the case of Steven Stayner he knew his name and was told a tale that his parents didn't want him. He went to school. He could have been told that he was being taken out of the home because of TH and her behavior and his mom couldn't take him or his dad didn't want him now that they had a new baby. I just think If I send out flyers to schools, even if he is home schooled they have to let a school know about him. So maybe they will make flyers and a teachers will remember his face, or see him out somewhere. Huge long shot but if I do nothing, nothing happens.

YOU GO!

Can't hurt and might spark a miracle somewhere.

Easy to get around. Tell the school district that there had been a divorce, parent making a new beginning, child had been homeschooled by other parent.

It's easy enough to buy a fake ID or to make a fake birth certificate on a home computer. So many people divorce these days, so many people move these days, so many people being forced to start over by the recession, someone with a story like that would just be one of a crowd of people with similar stories.

Somehow I also think kids are more savvy these days than 20 years ago, and less likely to believe stories about parents not wanting them...I could be wrong there, but with Tony as Kyron's stepdad, I guess I give extra credit there, that he has heard most of the stranger/danger things that are out there.

But studies have shown repeatedly how easy it is for a manipulative person to subvert "stranger danger" training. There's several TV clips out there showing parents asserting with total confidence that their child understands stranger danger, then showing that child merrily going off with a stranger.

I think it's possible that Kyron could be more inclined to believe that none of his parents want him because he was already doing the house to house shuffle. No doubt there were times in the past when visitation plans were disrupted for good reason; if he were told that the abductor was taking care of him because visitation plans had been disrupted, all Kyron's life experience would tell him that was a reasonable explanation.

I would love to believe that Kyron is being taken care of at least, if not happy and well, but it is very difficult. I don't think Terri would forfeit her own child just to make Kyron go away...once she saw what she was losing I think she would have "reappeared" him in some way or other. I believe her plan, if she had one, was to end up alone with the baby, not pay a price (which she is) for Kyron vanishing.

I agree a nonfamily abduction where Kyron is being held alive is a long shot. It's not an impossibility, though, as a handful of cases have shown.

IF TMH is completely innocent in this or was an unknowing accomplice (for instance, by attracting someone via her Facebook postings), she is probably terrified. I know I would feel like I had dropped into a new universe where none of my previous assumptions about my stepchild, my husband, my friends, etc, held true.

I wonder if anyone here knows a way to get email addresses of elementary schools because it would be so much easier than snail mail. There has to be some kind of list or a place to request one. I think of people who sell supplies to schools or food and they probably have a master list and spam them. A stranger wanting to keep Kryon would have to keep him in fear, but to blend in a community with a child, he has to either be home schooled or be in school. Also teachers are around kids, they are alert to certain signs they give off, so I am hoping they will copy the poster, look at it and watch for him in and out of a school setting.

I ordered the new book that came out in April 2010 about Steven Stayner, "From Victim To Hero" it came yesterday. The book came out 20 years to the day he died, and Timothy White died two weeks before it came out, how sad. I didn't know anything about this case, except Kyron and Steven were seven when they went missing and one was taken from school, the other on the way home. I hope for Kyron's sake, this is not what happened to him, but if so, it means he could be alive and living not far from where he was taken. SO don't always have means to get a kid out of state, so there is a chance he is living as close at Steven was, like maybe 45 - 50 miles away. I still can't get the time-line to fit with TH having time to kill, and dispose of a body and leave no clues behind with a baby on board, so until they find a body, I have hope Kyron is living somewhere out there.

Have to send out flyers closer to PDX.....

Hi Bern, I just wanted to chime in here with a little info based on my own experiences.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyron is being moved from one county to another. (If he is still alive, God bless him and keep him.) These people manage to stay one step ahead of the system. I know this from my teaching days. Sometimes we would receive a student's record's from one school, then the student would transfer, then we would receive another set of records from a subsequent school and on and on. Oh and many times the students would return to the school for a short amount of time because daddy was in town working. So, they do stay in the same area but will move around between county to county to stay ahead of the game. Once they receive a letter from the school asking for specifics, they up and move before SS gets involved....and the cycle starts over again.

Kudos to you for being a champion for Kyron! Thank you for all you do.

wm

Bless your hearts for being so optimistic that Kyron is in school somewhere...I wish I could feel the same. :(

Thanks guys. The more I read this book the more I think of Kyron. This is a hard read, so if you don't have a stomach for it, don't read it. I feel like crying with each chapter and I hope this is not his fate. I see how he kept control of him and why a child would just go into a deep depression and not tell anyone what had happened. He was enrolled in school within a month of getting him. But as WM stated, he puts off the school records with excuses and then it gets dropped for now. Only on chapter 3 or 4.

I was sent to live with an Aunt at age 8. I attended Catholic School and we paid for bus service. My aunt lived close enough to the school so I walked home. About 6 months in, a nun who was in charge of monies for bus payments calls me to her class room to ask why I hadn't paid my bus dues. Yes, they asked the child in front of the class.... anyway, I told her I was living with my Aunt and didn't ride the bus anymore. She ask me how long I had been there and why I hadn't said anything? I lived there at that time 6 months and never said a word to anyone. Why would I? I was depressed, my mom was in a "Place to get better", and I had to move out and leave my home. I never told anyone except one girl that lived by my aunt and she walked home with me. I didn't tell her why I was there though, just I had to move in with my Aunt and Uncle because my mom was sick.

I see why it is so important to the family to stating he is alive or stashed, without hope, without people looking, or at least helping to look, he could be lost forever. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt that TH passed him off to someone or someone took him. To believe he is dead, could be a fate worse than death if he is with a sicko.

I do think you have some points, Bern, but times have changed so much just in the years since Stephen that I think it is harder to get into a school without records, etc...may be easier to change an identity but I have doubts as to whether would Kyron, if alive, would be in any public place like a school this "soon" after being taken, JMO.

Maybe I am a bit over optimistic, but people get ID's faked, they could even fake records if they wanted too. He was only in second grade, so fake one yr, or just put them off and then change schools and now you have records from the one you just left, do it a few times and now you are set. that is what Ken P did with Steven. I also think people don't always follow up on things, paperwork gets lost, falls though the cracks and who knows, they get lucky. It has been 6 months and he could be any where by now, even dead, but they haven't found a body and that gives them hope. I do believe in miracles and I am holding Kyron up for one.

Why bother enrolling a kidnapped kid in school at all? Home schooling is very popular. Just keep the child inside all the time and who would know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah