What evidence does the prosecution have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GZ was not in his store. GZ was not in his vehicle. GZ was not at home. GZ did not follow the specific instructions he knew to follow when reporting a suspect, who FYI was indeed not a suspect. GZ took matters into his own hands by following someone....first with his car, then on foot. GZ was pursing TM, there is no other explanation for GZ to have been following TM. What was GZ goal, what did he hope to accomplish? There is only one answer. He did not want TM to get away. TM told his GF someone was following him and he was fearful. We know from the tapes GZ never identified himself. We know from the GF's statement about what she heard that GZ never identified himself. We will soon learn if he bothered to identify himself ever from his statement to LE. How would anyone expect a young 17 year old to know what this man was up to?

It was always GZ who knew why he was following TM. It was always GZ who knew he had a gun. It was always GZ who knew LE was on the way. It was always GZ who was mature enough to know he should have never left his vehicle. TM had no advantage whatsoever. If TM was in fear for his life, he was correct wasn't he???? jmo

Yes, TM was SO in fear for his life that he continued bopping along talking to his GIRLFRIEND, right? Why didn't he call the police? Oh, yeah, he was YOUNG and made a bad choice. So maybe he made a bad choice and attacked GZ as well, right? NOOO, he wouldn't have done THAT, right?

And FTR (and I will say this EVERYTIME the TM Supporters claim it) there is NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT FOLLOWING SOMEONE.

Yes, TM was SO in fear for his life that he continued bopping along talking to his GIRLFRIEND, right? Why didn't he call the police? Oh, yeah, he was YOUNG and made a bad choice. So maybe he made a bad choice and attacked GZ as well, right? NOOO, he wouldn't have done THAT, right?

And FTR (and I will say this EVERYTIME the TM Supporters claim it) there is NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT FOLLOWING SOMEONE.

The following Zimmerman did was a crime, it is all part of the murder charge against him.

The following Zimmerman did was a crime, it is all part of the murder charge against him.

Nope, if he had followed him with the INTENT of killing him, it would be murder one. The murder two charge is based on the idea that he created a situation in which someone died. Him FOLLOWING someone did not create the situation, per his claims. It was the attack by TM that created the situation in which he used lethal force.

Again, it is NOT illegal to follow someone.

Nope, if he had followed him with the INTENT of killing him, it would be murder one. The murder two charge is based on the idea that he created a situation in which someone died. Him FOLLOWING someone did not create the situation, per his claims. It was the attack by TM that created the situation in which he used lethal force.

Again, it is NOT illegal to follow someone.
No, not according to the state and the charges. His following was part of the depraved mind.

No, not according to the state and the charges. His following was part of the depraved mind.

A man, in a community he's authorized to be in, sees someone suspicious and follows them while on the phone with a 911 dispatcher and reporting every movement isn't quite my opinion of a depraved mind.

I don't agree. I don't know how the prosecution can make that assertion when their investigator admitted they don't know whether GZ continued to follow TM or not.

"O'MARA: Since. Today. Do you have any evidence that conflicts with his suggestion that he had turned around and went back to his car?

GILBREATH: Other than his statement, no.

LINK

A patrol officer is not talking to 911 once he arrives on the scene. He's talking to dispatch and they are recording the information for his report, such as the time of arrival at the scene, securing the shooter, securing the scene and clearing SFD to come in and give medical attention. There were many 911 calls about the shot so one of the callers would have thought LE was coming in from the wrong direction because they were unaware of the other callers. I would believe what is on the police report is correct. jmo

I'm glad to hear that, I respect your opinion, even though we don't agree on every case. So many have said the police report was fabricated.

A man, in a community he's authorized to be in, sees someone suspicious and follows them while on the phone with a 911 dispatcher and reporting every movement isn't quite my opinion of a depraved mind.

This is not true though. Zimmerman gave a play by play (allegedly) while he was in his truck and the first few seconds after he exited his truck. After Zimmerman said that Trayvon ran, the dispatcher asked "are you following him?", Zimmerman said yea, was told that he didn't need to do that. At that point and for the rest of the call there was no more play by play from Zimmerman. Zimmerman said that he didn't know where this kid was at. So then that would mean that Zimmerman was not following Trayvon to give a play by play to the dispatcher of Trayvon's every movement.

I think it is important to remember that Trayvon, a 17 year old teen, was also in a community that he was authorized to be in. Trayvon was followed by someone that was suspicious. Trayvon also could be covered by the Stand Your Ground law, unfortunately Trayvon was killed so he can not tell his side of the story.

MOO

Trayvon was worried about a strange man watching him, following him. When Trayvon lost Zimmerman I see no reason for him to not slow down and finish talking with his girlfriend on the phone. Do most teens call police in situations that most adults would? That is similiar to expecting Trayvon to behave and think like an adult, IMO.

I would say that Zimmerman made a deadly choice that night. He disregarded advice that had been given to him, not only by the dispatcher that night but also during the neighborhood watch training class, took a loaded weapon with him and followed a possibly armed teen knowing full well that SPD were already on their way. Unfortunately Trayvon was the one that paid for Zimmerman's choice.

MOO

This is not true though. Zimmerman gave a play by play (allegedly) while he was in his truck and the first few seconds after he exited his truck. After Zimmerman said that Trayvon ran, the dispatcher asked "are you following him?", Zimmerman said yea, was told that he didn't need to do that. At that point and for the rest of the call there was no more play by play from Zimmerman. Zimmerman said that he didn't know where this kid was at. So then that would mean that Zimmerman was not following Trayvon to give a play by play to the dispatcher of Trayvon's every movement.

I think it is important to remember that Trayvon, a 17 year old teen, was also in a community that he was authorized to be in. Trayvon was followed by someone that was suspicious. Trayvon also could be covered by the Stand Your Ground law, unfortunately Trayvon was killed so he can not tell his side of the story.

MOO

Exactly, he could no longer give him a play-by-play for two minutes after TM ran.

Exactly, he could no longer give him a play-by-play for two minutes after TM ran.

And yet he appeared to not have any desire to return to his truck and wait for SPD to arrive to talk to them. There was no reason to request that the officers call him on his cell phone if he was walking back to his truck. This tells me that Zimmerman fully intended to continue looking for Trayvon on his own, but he would not be on the phone with the dispatcher at that time since he hung up, so WHY was he not going back to his truck?

MOO

And yet he appeared to not have any desire to return to his truck and wait for SPD to arrive to talk to them. There was no reason to request that the officers call him on his cell phone if he was walking back to his truck. This tells me that Zimmerman fully intended to continue looking for Trayvon on his own, but he would not be on the phone with the dispatcher at that time since he hung up, so WHY was he not going back to his truck?

MOO

He was going to get the address so he could give it to them when they called back.

He was going to get the address so he could give it to them when they called back.

Get the address for what, though? It was not the address to where TM was, since GZ would have seen him if they were in the same place and wouldn't have said he doesn't know where the suspicious young man was. It was not the address for his truck since he apparently says he walked to another street and then headed to his truck after getting the address. It was not the address to where he was going to wait for the police since he didn't stay there and wanted them to call him back so he could report his whereabouts later.

What did he think that the police would do with a random address at which nothing particular was going on at the time?

So....he went to the next street over for an address and was walking back to his truck....so when they called he could give them an address for a street he wasn't at? :waitasec:

Wonder if they ever called him?

Remember this?

ZIMMERMAN: When the dispatcher said we know longer need you to do that, and George acknowledged OK. He no longer knew where Trayvon was. [2:26]

He continued walking down the sidewalk directly in front of him to the next street to get an address.

He got an address.

He was walking back to his vehicle.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...-trayvon-martin-shooting?page=2#ixzz1svJVUFyf

If at [2:26] he walked, approximately 140 feet, to the next street and got an address, any thoughts on why, a minute later, at [3:25], he told the dispatcher he didn't know an address?

911 dispatcher: Alright, what address are you parked in front of? [3:21]

Zimmerman: Um, I don’t know. It’s a cut-through so I don’t know the address. [3:25]

After getting out of his truck at [2:08] and following TM for 18 seconds until the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that", at [2:26], any thoughts on why, instead of continuing for 140 feet for an address that wasn't where he was at, he didn't just turn around and walk 20 or 30 feet back towards his truck and give them the address he was parked in front of?

I don't agree. I don't know how the prosecution can make that assertion when their investigator admitted they don't know whether GZ continued to follow TM or not.

"O'MARA: Since. Today. Do you have any evidence that conflicts with his suggestion that he had turned around and went back to his car?

GILBREATH: Other than his statement, no.

LINK
There is a witness who said GZ continued to follow, and even chased TM.
DE LA RIONDA: Isn’t it true, sir, that at least one witness described a person chasing another person in the back of that area where that murder occurred?

GILBREATH: Yes.

O’MARA: A couple of questions...The continued to follow that Mr. Zimmerman continued to follow

what evidence do you have to support that?

GILBREATH: He was told not to follow him, he continued on for a period of time.

O’MARA: How long?

GILBREATH: I don't know … I would say less than a minute before he hung up, which is prior to the encounter between the two,

O’MARA: Okay. Any other evidence besides that there was a phone call that he was on for a minute? Any other evidence, any other witnesses?

GILBREATH: To?

O’MARA: To the fact that he quote continued to follow.

GILBREATH:
We have a witness statement who observed, that was on the perimeter of this, who observed shadows or figures, excuse me, running by her residence.

O’MARA: Do you know which way or who they were, or anything?

GILBREATH: They...I cannot identify who they were, but it was at the same time frame this occurred.

O’MARA: Ok. Besides that - any other evidence to support your conclusion that Mr. Zimmerman continued to follow?

GILBREATH: Other than his call and that witness?

O’MARA: Yes.

GILBREATH: And the fact that where it ended up. No.

O’MARA: Well you do have some other evidence don’t you? We had Zimmerman’s statement, don’t you?

GILBREATH: We have Mr. Zimmerman’s statements, we have the shell casings and we had Mr. Martin’s body at the scene.
http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

DE LA RIONDA: Isn’t it true, sir, that at least one witness described a person chasing another person in the back of that area where that murder occurred?

O’MARA: A couple of questions...The continued to follow that Mr. Zimmerman continued to follow

GILBREATH: I don't know … I would say less than a minute before he hung up, which is prior to the encounter between the two,

O’MARA: Okay. Any other evidence besides that there was a phone call that he was on for a minute? Any other evidence, any other witnesses?

GILBREATH:
We have a witness statement who observed, that was on the perimeter of this, who observed shadows or figures, excuse me, running by her residence.

GILBREATH: They...I cannot identify who they were, but it was at the same time frame this occurred.

O’MARA: Ok. Besides that - any other evidence to support your conclusion that Mr. Zimmerman continued to follow?

O’MARA: Well you do have some other evidence don’t you? We had Zimmerman’s statement, don’t you?

GILBREATH: We have Mr. Zimmerman’s statements, we have the shell casings and we had Mr. Martin’s body at the scene.

Thanks, Who. If this isn't already up in the media thread could you put it up there? It helps to have the whole statement and not just a portion. Thanks, again. jmo

GILBREATH:

IMO, the important part of the testimony is this:

For all we, or the witness, know the "figures" or "shadows" that were seen could have been the kid running after his dog. IMO, unless this witness can identify GZ and TM as being involved in a chase, he/she will be easily refuted on cross.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member