CA CA - Speed Freak Killers (Shermantine talks; Herzog commits suicide)

Bounty Hunter: Shermantine Says There's a Third Well

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines...-theres-a-third-well-20120220,0,6972685.story

Leonard Padilla told ABC7 Monday night that Shermantine told him about the new well on Sunday.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/state&id=8551487

Shermantine previously has talked of a second well containing victims, but Padilla said Monday that disclosure of a third well was new.
All three sites are about a mile apart in San Joaquin County, he said.

Padilla said he was informed of the third well by Shermantine in a telephone call Sunday.
The site is near Waverly and Copperopolis roads, not far from a television tower.
It allegedly contains a body put there by Herzog, Padilla said.

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/21/4278381/killer-tells-of-third-san-joaquin.html#storylink=cpy

And so it goes.... With as many as they likely killed I think he will continue to trickle information out. I don't buy the "death threats" and what not being a factor. He continues to control the situation in the only way he can now.

And so it goes.... With as many as they likely killed I think he will continue to trickle information out. I don't buy the "death threats" and what not being a factor. He continues to control the situation in the only way he can now.

Exactly. Has to have the control doesn't he? I have been following these developments... chills me to the core.

I guess all I can be is thankful that he is speaking out. Even though he is trickling the information and probably exploiting it again and again. It boils down to the fact that this man will never be out of prison and desperate families will be getting some answers here.

Ohh my - a third well???
This won't be over quickly....however the more answers searching families get the better.

The scary part of all this to me is. The 1st well they just completed was not one of the wells on the map and they have over 1000 pieces of bone fragments.

Not sure if this was posted. Its confusing to me having 2 threads. Not sure which one to post on? Anyway, here is a article about 2 mothers of missing girls...

http://www.news10.net/news/article/179851/2/Mothers-of-missing-women-anxious-for-results?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge
This thread is for general discussion of the serial killers Shermantine and Herzog. Most of the recent developments can be posted and discussed here. Shermantine's letters, his dealings with Padilla and LE, and practically anything else can be posted and discussed here.

The thread in the Unidentified forum should be limited to discussion of victims, possible victims, the actual search for remains, and remains found. Remember that the focus of the forum is to give names to unidentified victims, and find answers to the fates of missing persons.

I realize the topics sometimes overlap, but there really is a method to the madness. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

The scary part of all this to me is. The 1st well they just completed was not one of the wells on the map and they have over 1000 pieces of bone fragments.
Exactly!

These two did nothing their whole lives but run around exploring caves and mines. Shermantine is playing with everyone and just giving us a taste. The money demands will go up and up and up! Before he is done he will want a day at Disneyland.

Exactly!

These two did nothing their whole lives but run around exploring caves and mines. Shermantine is playing with everyone and just giving us a taste. The money demands will go up and up and up! Before he is done he will want a day at Disneyland.

I don't know if he is playing around or not. I mean he is not the one that dug in the wrong spot. The spot they dug from what I read was not on any map.

I don't know if he is playing around or not. I mean he is not the one that dug in the wrong spot. The spot they dug from what I read was not on any map.
I read an article today that talked to the Prosecutor on their cases. He said that Shermantine is trickling out information, and that he has not yet revealed the mother load of remains. He believes that Shermantine will eventually give up the bodies, but in small doses, for rewards.

It is interesting that when Padilla told Shermantine that they found a skull and human remains in the wrong well, he said that Shermantine said "well those are not ours!" A little slip in the "Herzog did it all I'm innocent" stand he has made. LOL

I read an article today that talked to the Prosecutor on their cases. He said that Shermantine is trickling out information, and that he has not yet revealed the mother load of remains. He believes that Shermantine will eventually give up the bodies, but in small doses, for rewards.

It is interesting that when Padilla told Shermantine that they found a skull and human remains in the wrong well, he said that Shermantine said "well those are not ours!" A little slip in the "Herzog did it all I'm innocent" stand he has made. LOL

Read the same one. Thought it was interesting where he said that he agreed with Padilla about the Sheriff on an ego trip. And how he knows there is a safe way to have Shermantine on a field trip and show exactly where the wells are.

Read the same one. Thought it was interesting where he said that he agreed with Padilla about the Sheriff on an ego trip. And how he knows there is a safe way to have Shermantine on a field trip and show exactly where the wells are.

Yeah that was a little shocking that he said that. I sure hope they dont let this go. They have Shermantine talking and they need to hit now while he still is.

Now I am real;ly cornfused . Instead of looking for the second and thrid well near where the found the 1st one . They are now searching today back in Calaveras county? And they are not saying much? :innocent::waitasec:
http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20120223/A_NEWS/120229958
Yeah i am puzzled by this too. I really wish they would bring Shermantine to the spot and work with Padilla on this. Forget ego's this is about people getting closure and loved one's being brought home.
The absence of the FBI is really disturbing.

I thought it was odd that they abandoned the search in Calveras County so hastily. Perhaps when so many bones started turning up in Linden they made a decision to re-focus all of the attention and manpower there. I think now they've cleared up the confusion regarding where they were supposed to dig in Calveras. So with the first well completed, they'll return there and finish what they started. Meanwhile, Padilla and friends can work out the details on the second and third wells. This is a costly effort and should be carried out methodically rather than skipping around blindly, which I have a hunch they did in the beginning.

This was first reported about ten days ago:

The map he drew is kind of confusing," Padilla said. He later added: "There's more bodies in Calaveras and definitely more bodies up there (near Linden)."
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/02/14/4261853/hunt-for-human-bones-to-resume.html

Posted: 7:15 a.m. Friday, Feb. 24, 2012 KTVU And Wires
LINDEN, Calif. —
More human remains were recovered Thursday near the Northern California site where two victims of a convicted serial killer were recently found, authorities said.
Crews using cadaver dogs located the remains after expanding a search area near the Calaveras County community of San Andreas, said San Joaquin County Sheriff's spokesman Les Garcia.
Investigators have been searching the area after Wesley Shermantine led authorities to the site earlier this month. The search area is on property that Shermantine's family once owned.
Authorities are investigating if the newly found remains are from another victim of Shermantine and Loren Herzog, dubbed the "Speed Freak Killers" for their killing spree in the 1980s and 1990s. Garcia said the remains will be sent to the California Department of Justice Bureau of Forensic Services for analysis. more at link: http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-law/serial-killers-gruesome-roadmap-leads-more-human-r/nKPcN/

During an interview Saturday at San Quentin State Prison's Death Row with a reporter for the Stockton Record, Shermantine said he was sorry it took so long for authorities to find the remains of 25-year-old Cyndi Vanderheiden and 16-year-old Chevelle Wheeler. Shermantine continued to deny that he killed them, saying he had only helped their killer bury them.

During the interview, Shermantine also said that additional victims were killed and buried in Modesto, Stockton, Ripon and Milton.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/02/26/BAAL1NCOGI.DTL#ixzz1naYC8Zct

----------

http://www.thereporter.com/wirenews/ci_20053074

His interview comes after more human remains were recovered Thursday near the site where the remains of Vanderheiden and Wheeler were found.

Meanwhile, San Joaquin County sheriff's officials are staying mum about any possible future searches for human remains.

Sheriff's spokesman Les Garcia released a statement late Sunday saying sheriff's investigators had met on Friday with the FBI, the California Department of Justice and the San Joaquin County District Attorney's Office, but said details of the meeting would not be released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back