Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok - hubby wants me to throw this out. I think he watches way too much Sci-Fi and CSI but. . .

Zanny does exist - or did. Zanny was a mule - someone who transports shipments of drugs. Casey dropped Caylee with her around June 21. Zanny calls Casey and tells her she needs to "make a run" and has left Caylee with a "mutual friend". Casey knows this "mutual friend" and is alright with it. Zanny goes on to tell her that if Casey picks her up from bus station or wherever when she gets back, Zanny will give her a "taste" or maybe even more from the shipment and they can go pick up Caylee. Zanny is only going to be gone maybe 10 - 12 hours so Casey says sure. Casey picks up Zanny when she gets back - June 22. Being the coniving, scheming witch she is, Casey figures she'll just make Zanny "disappear". That way she can keep the shipment (big $$$$) and then go get Caylee. Casey kills Zanny (or Zanny OD's) - goes to GM and GF house - remember they were not there at this time - finds out she can't really bury a body there. Backs up the car, breaks in the shed, gets the gas cans, puts Zanny in the trunk. She goes somewhere and gets rid of Zanny. Now to go pickup Caylee. When she gets to the "mutual friend" she finds out that "friend" is the trafficker - the one Zanny was to deliver to (which was unbeknownst to Casey). Friend tells Casey - no Zanny - you don't get Caylee. Tells her that until Zanny or shipment is produced - Caylee is collateral. Casey is now reeling. She hides the shipment or has already sold it or maybe Zanny sold most of it. So now what? What better way to find Zanny than to have LE looking for her. "Mutual friend" doesn't care that LE is looking for her, but is pissed because he/she has Caylee and has to keep her hidden now. Casey wants to talk to the Feds - tell them this sordid, twisted tale, because after all she hasn't done anything - she'll play it off to the Feds that Zanny OD'd or someone else ambushed them and killed Zanny and took the drugs. She is just an innocent player that got "caught up in all this". Who did Casey go with to Universal to find this "mutual friend"? And was that where she found out she wasn't getting Caylee back? There has to be some reason why LE hasn't dropped the bomb. They have certainly had enough time to nail Casey's arse to the wall if the logical story of her killing Casey is true. Susan Smith cracked in 9 days and only because they were closing in on her. Casey has been sitting in jail for almost 2 weeks - 14 days and is sticking to this convoluted story of hers. If just some - one or two tidbits - of what Casey has been saying is checking out - LE has to know something is up. Or maybe they have ID'd the stain and it isn't Caylee. Still doesn't explain why LE isn't searching though.

Now is that a story or what? At least hubby is happy and has gone away. I keep telling him he should be a writer. He does seem to explain all that we know to have happened.

Honestly I don't know what to think. I do think Casey killed Caylee. I just don't know if it was on purpose, in a fit of rage, or accidental.

I keep going back and forth on Cindy being part of a cover-up.

I think there is major dysfunction in the Anthony family that directly or indirectly led to Caylee's death.

I know I"m coming in late and haven't read all the post, but just had to say.

That if this were an accident and you had a mother that didn't have some kind of personality disorder, ir not a sociopath, we would see more emtion. This complete continous cover up, says premeditated to me. There is absolutely NO emotion involved with this girl, zip and she's a pathaological liar as well.

And her mother, I have a very big problem with Casey's mother the grandmother. I think the lying comes naturally. Her mother rant about the police department last night, just made me sick.

Casey is only concerned about Casey and the parents seem to be covering for her in some way, or at least making nothing but excuses for her.

This is my own speculation, subject to change.

I think Cindy and Casey had an argument the weekend of 6/14 over Casey's unauthorized use of Cindy's credit card. I think the credit card event happened before Casey left her parents home because a) Cindy talks about Casey's lying, stealing ("lots of money") and manipulation on her myspace page on 7/3 (it makes sense that Cindy would talk about the reasons why she is angry at her daughter while discussing her being gone) and b) Casey resorted to stealing from her friend Amy (both cash and forged checks) and gas from her parents' shed during her departure.

Cindy may have even said the words, "get out of my house" in the heat of the argument.

Casey may have fled alone before the visit to the nursing home on 6/15 and then came back to get Caylee overnight after everyone went to bed.

Casey took Cindy/George's car without permission.

This would explain Cindy's inconsistent statements regarding Casey and Caylee's not being home for the month, her knowledge/ignorance of when they went, where they went, why they went, etc., to throw any perception of guilt on Cindy's part away from herself. In addition, Cindy would not have claimed the car was stolen had she allowed Casey to borrow it for a pre-scheduled mini-vacation.

An argument between them would explain why Cindy did not call the police even though she believed Caylee to be "missing" as per her 7/3 myspace post. Casey leaving in a huff after an argument on the 15th would explain her facebook post on 6/24 mentioning not being in "the house" for 9 days because of some drama.

Due to Casey's complete lack of emotion or missing her daughter in any way, I believe a) Casey is the person responsible for Caylee's disappearance and b) Caylee is no longer alive.

No innocent mother would consistently throw up the roadblocks that Casey has been throwing up in the attempt of family and LE to get Caylee back. No innocent mother would go through phone calls with family dodging questions and not inquiring about the status of the family's investigation. If it were my child that was missing, I would have called my mother the very moment I couldn't find my child. I would have been beside myself, distraught, then and now. I would be feeding my family and LE every possible tidbit of information to help them find my child. This woman Casey is the exact OPPOSITE of distraught, the OPPOSITE of being helpful.

Casey either killed Caylee to get revenge on her mother or she died accidentally after being left in the car sometime after the 16th. I initially thought that Casey would have had more remorse had Caylee died accidentally, but I now believe that given her grandiosity and narcissism, there is no way in hell she would ever confess to a mistake that she thinks someone of her perfection could possibly make.

The question is, where is Caylee now?

Casey either killed Caylee to get revenge on her mother or she died accidentally after being left in the car sometime after the 16th. I initially thought that Casey would have had more remorse had Caylee died accidentally, but I now believe that given her grandiosity and narcissism, there is no way in hell she would ever confess to a mistake that she thinks someone of her perfection could possibly make.

The question is, where is Caylee now?

I agree, where is Caylee now. This is one thing about Casey that plays over and over in mind on top of everything being about her. But her parenst also make it all about Caesy. Weird relationship there.

But Casey said in the first released tapes. "all they care about is Caylee" I'm guessing that Casey always felt that all her parents cared about was Caylee. You know how we make over little ones, but Casey has something wrong with her.

Did you notice in the tape with her mother, how non emtion her mother even sounded? "Are you blaming me for being there Casey?" Well, Sweetheart, If it weren't for your lies, you wouldnt' be there.

This whole family is strange

If Casey were my child, I'd be at that jail giving her the third degree myself and I could not be as calm as this mother. The family knows that Casey has told lie after lie. Oh, and I would not be trying to raise one penny to get her bailed out. Even if it weren't for Caylee. This kid charged up what did they say? Something like 45,000.00 dollars on her Mom's stolen credit card. Hello! She'd be doing time.

I agree with the posters who think it may have been some kind of accident due to child neglect. She transported the body in the car to a location withing a 10 mile radius of her home. She then abandoned the car at the check cashing store either because of the smell or because it somehow reminded her of what happened. I think that Casey was VERY afraid to let her parents know that she had allowed something to happen to Caylee. She was probably afraid of LE as well. She fabricated a story about what happened and tried to avoid her parents as long as she could.
Finally, her mother caught up with her and threatened to charge her with the theft of the car and the credit cards if she didn't bring Caylee back home. This was the only way that Cindy and George (Casey's parents) could force her to bring the child back because they had no legal rights even though they had been providing for the child for most of her life. This is why there were two or three calls to LE at first.
I think her parents were NOT involved in whatever happened and are only trying to navigate whatever level of hell it is that their lives have just transformed into.
I think she may be blocking the memories of whatever happened.

Although I truly wish that I am wrong and that Caylee is found safe and happy with the babysitter.

peace,

I'm new here, so please excuse any faux pas. :)

I want to believe the death was accidental, but the thing I can't reconcile is the Cindy/Casey dichotomy BEFORE all of this. Is it just a crazy coincidence that their relationship seemed to be so frayed, presumably because of Caylee in some way? I think Casey was jealous of the Cindy/Caylee relationship in some way, either because Casey craved that attention from her mother, or she felt like she was losing Caylee to her mother. And like a selfish child, she felt she had to take Caylee away. "Mine!" or whatever.

So perhaps Casey is just a horrifically negligent caregiver and couldn't make it a month in terms of keeping her daughter alive (locked in car, drowned, whatever) or she wanted the best of both worlds. No daughter AND freedom. I think an intentional death would fall into the latter, because it would reclaim her mother for HER, and not for her, basically, "new" daughter.

There are two items of evidence that worry me the most:

The gas cans. Where are THEY? As much as I'd like to believe she stole them to take a road trip, it'd make some kind of sense that she'd try to burn the body. Wouldn't the gas cans still be at the trunk or in the garage? You only need to bring them with you when you are going to need them, right? This girl thought nothing of stealing credit cards and checks and cars--wouldn't she just leave the empty gas cans behind? It's not like 12 gallons of gas wouldn't fit in the tank. I might be missing some crucial detail there.

The "Bella Vida" tattoo. I haven't seen this mentioned much anywhere, but Casey got a "Bella Vida" or "Beautiful Life" tattoo in mid-late June and told people it was for Caylee. I'm not a psychologist, but it put me in mind of the Diane Downs case when she bought the Unicorn statue in memory of her dead children, and that was the day before she killed them, if I recall correctly. A chill went down my spine when I read about the tattoo, because I immediately thought "memorial."

Nannies are expensive. How was she paying her? Is there one record of a check? I find it hard to believe that Casey would take her daughter to reconnect and then spend all her stolen or illegally gathered money not on fun, but to ship her daughter off to a nanny. Kind of counter-intuitive, you know? That's a rhetorical question because I know it's been asked a lot, but I can't get past it in my head.

Anyway, great site. Right up my alley, LOL.

today: I am thinking the child was drugged so she would sleep, mother put in trunk while she was in club. child died. maybe the night of the 20th.

I believe that Casey is a sociopath. She shows no emotion about missing Caylee. I also believe that Cindy blames herself for Caylee's death because she knew that Casey wasn't capable of taking care of Caylee by herself. The reason Casey had Caylee was a power struggle that has been going on since Caylee was born.

Caylee was the loveable girl that Casey never was. Caylee got all of the adoring attention and Casey was angry. Also, Casey used Caylee as a pawn against Cindy to get Cindy to do whatever Casey wanted. Poor Caylee was in between these two females and is now dead. Casey killed her.. I don't know how.. but as any sociopath, Casey is not concerned.

Cindy won't accept the obvious because that would mean accepting that her daughter is a killer, accepting that Caylee is never coming back alive, and accepting her own guilt that she let Caylee go with Casey. Cindy and the other family members know that Caylee is dead, but are doing the dance that they have for years, to pretend that they support Casey so hopefully Casey will tell the truth.

I totally agree with all of this. Great insight into the ramifications of having a sociopath in the family.

I have a new theory... yes, it is off-the-wall.

Is Casey doing all of this just to hurt her parents? If Cindy was going to bring custody issues and attempt to take Caylee away from her due to her lifestyle/parenting, maybe this is Casey's way of just hurting Cindy as much as she possibly can. "You want to take her away from me? NOW DO YOU SEE HOW THAT FEELS, MOM?!"

Could be the result of foul play, could be that Casey just handed off Caylee to someone she trusted to hide her for awhile.

Maybe it was all made up on the spot because Cindy brought things to a head that night "do you want to play it like that"?

ETA: still does not account for the dog "hits". Big hole in theory :/

I think that Casey "set this up" so she could meet up with Caylee out of the US. She was taking the only thing that was HERS outright away from Cindy. She was sick of Cindy's rules and of Cindy "not letting her be Caylee's mother" and she decided that she would do the only thing that she could do that would hurt her mother. Take Caylee away from her.
She "gave" Caylee to a someone, who then took Caylee out of the country. Zenaida either went with the person or was there already. She is an illegal and that's why NO ONE can find her through papertrails.
Casey was suppose to meet up with her but Cindy found her before she could. Hence the reason she NEVER reported it to LE, Hence the reason why Jesse heard Caylee on June 24th. This would explain why she isn't worried about Caylee. She knows EXACTLY where she is and in her mind (i am not saying she still isn't crazy) she is doing what she needs to do for HERSELF. Caylee was never suppose to be reported to the LE. The person that took Caylee could have boughten a fake birth certificate, therefore that person could sign consent to have the child fly with them or to throw off LE. Caylee could have been dressed as a boy or hair dyed or any number of things that could disguise her. It is very easy to buy "authentic" documents over the internet. This is PURELY SPECULATION.

JMO and it is subject to change,.. since it has SOOOO many times!

Ok, I dont think this is what really happened, but do you think it's possible that Casey is making the entire thing up? We all know she LOVES attention. Do you think she "staged" Caylee's kidnapping to get attention?

I know that doesn't account for the smell in the car, but, oh, I dont know.

Just a suggestion.

My updated theory:

Casey is a sociopath and has Borderline Personality Disorder. The family has known for years that Casey is mentally ill and incapable of taking care of herself. Tensions between Cindy and Casey escalated and Casey was thrown out of the house or left on her own accord. There was no "vacation" as Cindy alludes to. Casey stayed with various friends including the boyfriend. Caylee was left in the trunk for some time decomposing. I believe at one time Casey may have buried or tried to bury her in the parent’s backyard but moved her. Both dogs targeted the backyard. The neighbor saw Casey BACK the car up to the garage, very suspicious, especially since she was no longer living there. The parent's shed was broken into and gas cans stolen. Casey borrowed a shovel. HELLO? All during the time her daughter was supposedly kidnapped and Casey was searching for Zenida in bars. Casey may have had something to do with the robbery of 'A' Zenida Gonzales or knew who did or picked this name from the story ran in the papers and internet afterwards. I would be curious if this SAME Zenida was the one that inquired about the apartment rental.

My prediction is that within 2 weeks, the evidence against Casey will be processed and she will be charged with murder. They may choose to conduct a search for the body at that time, but I have a feeling Casey will fess up and state it was an accident. So there you have it. Plain and simple. Just another mentally disturbed human being in a dysfunctional family that may have acted in a rage against her mother or simply was not mentally equipped with raising a child on her own and may even have left her or locked her in that trunk of the car while she went out to party or killed her daugher and hid her ther for some time afterwards. There are NO kidnappers; NO drug deals gone bad, NO mafia, etc. Just a troubled young woman who has already exerted signs of mental illness and a family (no mother) who is in deep denial. I believe the father as stated knew his daughter has something to do with this crime.

My updated theory:

Casey is a sociopath and has Borderline Personality Disorder. The family has known for years that Casey is mentally ill and incapable of taking care of herself. Tensions between Cindy and Casey escalated and Casey was thrown out of the house or left on her own accord. There was no "vacation" as Cindy alludes to. Casey stayed with various friends including the boyfriend. Caylee was left in the trunk for some time decomposing. I believe at one time Casey may have buried or tried to bury her in the parent’s backyard but moved her. Both dogs targeted the backyard. The neighbor saw Casey BACK the car up to the garage, very suspicious, especially since she was no longer living there. The parent's shed was broken into and gas cans stolen. Casey borrowed a shovel. HELLO? All during the time her daughter was supposedly kidnapped and Casey was searching for Zenida in bars. Casey may have had something to do with the robbery of 'A' Zenida Gonzales or knew who did or picked this name from the story ran in the papers and internet afterwards. I would be curious if this SAME Zenida was the one that inquired about the apartment rental.

My prediction is that within 2 weeks, the evidence against Casey will be processed and she will be charged with murder. They may choose to conduct a search for the body at that time, but I have a feeling Casey will fess up and state it was an accident. So there you have it. Plain and simple. Just another mentally disturbed human being in a dysfunctional family that may have acted in a rage against her mother or simply was not mentally equipped with raising a child on her own and may even have left her or locked her in that trunk of the car while she went out to party or killed her daugher and hid her ther for some time afterwards. There are NO kidnappers; NO drug deals gone bad, NO mafia, etc. Just a troubled young woman who has already exerted signs of mental illness and a family (no mother) who is in deep denial. I believe the father as stated knew his daughter has something to do with this crime.

That's an interesting take on the 'vacation' I would normally not agree w/that much speculation but given the way the family has continued to basically lie for Casey...it does make some sense.

I'm not so sure she will confess, though. It may depend on the psych evaluation, if her lawyers think there is any chance of getting her put in a psych ward via a plea agreement or trial, then she might confess. Otherwise, I suspect she will ultimately land on one theory and one kidnapper ande stick with it.

I have a kind of bad feeling that wherever she put the child, the body may not be recoverable and she knows this. I'm thinking it went burried in the back yard first, then dug up and put in the trunk and possibly...really speculating now...taken somewhere and burned w/the gas.

I'd give it 4 weeks for a murder indictment:)

Mother killed child in order to be free of that responsibility.
Grandmother either coving for daughter or in denial/clueless.

Do you think they would take the death penalty off the table for the whereabouts of Caylee?

I would settle for life with no parole for Casey, if it meant finding Caylee.

I have a new theory... yes, it is off-the-wall.

Is Casey doing all of this just to hurt her parents? If Cindy was going to bring custody issues and attempt to take Caylee away from her due to her lifestyle/parenting, maybe this is Casey's way of just hurting Cindy as much as she possibly can. "You want to take her away from me? NOW DO YOU SEE HOW THAT FEELS, MOM?!"

Could be the result of foul play, could be that Casey just handed off Caylee to someone she trusted to hide her for awhile.

Maybe it was all made up on the spot because Cindy brought things to a head that night "do you want to play it like that"?

ETA: still does not account for the dog "hits". Big hole in theory :/

Carriesis, I think this is plausible and I can help you fill in the holes. There are two theories here, so I am skipping around a bit when I get to the disappearance of the child. Sorry!

They had parties at her house on a regular basis. The parents were on 'vacation' for a couple of weeks. I do not think that she was allowed access to the house at that time, or that she was not supposed to be there. She seems to be a big partier, so I am willing to bet drugs were involved.

Someone may have died at her house. She may have panicked (or just wanted the drama, which she seems to THRIVE on). She may have tried to bury the friend in the yard because they would not have wanted to report it and get in more trouble. Her boyfriend may have been selling club drugs (most club employees do that) and she did not want him to go down for it or for him supplying the drugs to this person (club drugs like x are an automatic felony and carry a good bit of time). She could have run off because, if this was someone she didn't know (or know well enough for LE to pinpoint her to the crime) she probably could have just disappeared and it looked like she moved off with her child.

They may have gone back later and taken the body (in her trunk) to another location. I think they probably all panicked and were on some sort of drug and weren't thinking clearly, and probably thought that burying the body would be a good idea at the time. They probably realized that it was really stupid when they sobered up though. That would be why the dogs hit in the yard and trunk.

She probably gave the child to someone to care for her while she was disposing of the body. She doesn't seem like the best mom in the world to me, so she may have just handed the child off to anyone that a friend could line up for her. Now she may be using the 'kidnapping' as leverage (remember she is a master manipulator). This would be why she is refusing to talk to police. Maybe in her mind, they will agree not to prosecute her for disposing of a body if she holds out and they really want to know where Caylee is.

Or, she could have given the child away to someone because she already knew she was in trouble and she had every intention of disappearing and meeting them somewhere else at a later time. They wouldn't be able to locate her. Her mom might flip out and go crazy, but it would look like she just left because of all the family drama that seems to go on in that house.

I had a friend like this in High School that was off-the-wall insane. She would lie and make a big deal of everything and we would all find out later that she made up a huge, far-fetched story just to be doing it. I am trying to look at every angle here, although, I really don't think the child is alive, but there is no proof that the decomposition is Caylee, even though the evidence is pretty coincidental.

MY OPINION ONLY. SPECULATION ONLY. Feel free to poke holes in it. :)

My2cents, you are certainly thinking outside of the box and trying to figure this out! I think your thought about Casey using her parents' home for parties with drugs is probably very true.

However, the odds of another decomposing body left in the car/yard--with Caylee missing--I think are slim. If Casey had anyone willing to take on Caylee, they would probably be just as flaky, impaired, and morally lacking as Casey in terms of common sense and truth. They would have long ago given up Caylee from the sheer trouble of caring for a young child, or for the "E!" publicity and fame it would bring them.

Sadly, I think that Caylee suffered an accidental death from neglect, but Casey's lack of emotion indicates she doesn't really feel it's her fault. Nothing ever is for this kind of person. She's just looking to save her own self--and Cindy enables, as she probably always has.

Hello everyone. This is my first post. I came here from another site where there was so much insulting and arguing back and forth that nothing was getting done. How refreshing to find this site where ppl are truly trying to solve this mystery.
Anyway, two thoughts that completely contradict each other but each is plausable IMO.
To answer the question I have always had...Why abandon the car?
Perhaps, after disposing of the child's body near the Amscot she may have had a feeling someone saw her do it. If so her next thought would be "What if they found Caylee and called the police with a description of the car." If she thought this she would want to immediately ditch the car for fear of being pulled over by LE and questioned. Probably thought that she would go back and get the car if this didn't happen but the car got towed first.
Another thought I posted last week before the 911 calls being released was that the body may have been in the car when the gps picked it up. But, after hearing the gm on the 911 call I didn't feel she knew anything. Her emotion was too real. At the same time gp was eerily silent and has been throughout so that led me to believe that he could have picked the car up without gm, found the body in the trunk and disposed of it. The dog hitting on the back yard as well as the car could have just been from him walking around back there after and transferring the chemicals of decomp.
That's only speculation and two of the hundreds of thoughts in my head about this bizarre situation.

Hi Marina,
Welcome to WS.
I don't think Mr Anthony had anything to do with any of this. jmo

Hi Marina,
Welcome to WS.
I don't think Mr Anthony had anything to do with any of this. jmo

Thank you Beyond.
Well, I didn't think he did either at first but all that I've heard so far I guess I wouldn't be surprised at any outcome. I would never believe Casey could be so cold while her daughter is gone but she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth