Casey & Family Psychological Profile #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be the ultimate, spiteful thing to do if she buried Caylee in a place that is special to her Mom.

I feel that this case is very similar to what we see when a spouse kills a child just so the other one can't get custody. Casey didn't want Caylee but she didn't want her Mom to have her either.

I don't think she planned the "getting rid of" the body. IMO She was freaking out (that crazy rush of calls to mom's cell, home, mom's work, dad, home, mom's work, home, Jesse, etc..) and I don't think she had the capacity at that time to think clearly enough to put Caylee's body in a "mom friendly" place.

ITA with your theory though! :)

An article in which psychiatrist Dr. Lucy Puryear implores Is Casey Anthony Another Susan Smith?

The final sentence: "Casey Anthony? There was a book written in 1954 called The Bad Seed. A good read."

I've seen The Bad Seed mentioned throughout the forums-- if anyone is interested, you can watch the film version online here.

An article in which psychiatrist Dr. Lucy Puryear implores Is Casey Anthony Another Susan Smith?

The final sentence: "Casey Anthony? There was a book written in 1954 called The Bad Seed. A good read."

I've seen The Bad Seed mentioned throughout the forums-- if anyone is interested, you can watch the film version online here.

thanks for the link!
will watch when I get a chance
I have heard about this movie several times in this forum

Casey shed a few tears yesterday........she continued to wipe them ....to wipe them away or was she wiping them and observing them at the same time? You decide.

I believe Casey was actually in "aw" at the fact that she was able to shed those few tears yesterday while standing next t Baez at the presser. She looked helpless and also looked to her hero of a lawyer in admiration.

I saw the repeat of the clip many times and if you watch her carefully she is actually checking to see herself if they are actually tears. She kept them in check all of this time. She wasnt forcing those tears, they came and went as certain things were said. IMO, I dont think she is much of a cryer to start with. I think it even amazes her that they were in there.

Bringing this over from one of the other threads, as it really hit home with me, esp. the highlighted part.

David, good on you for being a compassionate person.

That being said, the answer is no.

KC apparently stole from everyone around her, even her aged and disabled grandfather, because she did not want to work for a living.

It appears that she coldly murdered a helpless baby who stood between her and her men and her parties. This, when she KNEW her own mother and at least one friend would have been happy to adopt Caylee. Then, she drove around for a week with the poor baby's body in the trunk of her car. It doesn't get much worse than that.

Please don't be fooled by that dewey little face, David. There is no one home where KCs soul should be.

Sociopaths are skilled chameleons. If you knew KC, and she sensed your compassion, she'd exploit that compassion.

What if she was still free, and got pregnant, again? What if she married a man with a large death benefit on his life insurance policy?

KC is not a victim. KC is a very dangerous preditor.

MOO

Casey shed a few tears yesterday........she continued to wipe them ....to wipe them away or was she wiping them and observing them at the same time? You decide.

I believe Casey was actually in "aw" at the fact that she was able to shed those few tears yesterday while standing next t Baez at the presser. She looked helpless and also looked to her hero of a lawyer in admiration.

I saw the repeat of the clip many times and if you watch her carefully she is actually checking to see herself if they are actually tears. She kept them in check all of this time. She wasnt forcing those tears, they came and went as certain things were said. IMO, I dont think she is much of a cryer to start with. I think it even amazes her that they were in there.
I believe sociopaths can feel sadness. It is empathy they lack. I think Casey is very sad about what has happened to her.

LadyGator, a good friend and long time WS member who hasn't had time to post, proffered an interesting theory. Here's a "what if" scenario to chew on based upon her theory.

Casey has been lying to, and stealing from, family and friends for years. However, stealing from grandma's bank account was the straw that broke the camel's back. When Cindy found out about it early Sunday morning, she felt a range of emotions that ran the gamut from being furious to being frustrated to feeling completely violated. Children are very intuitive, hence...
Caylee sensed that something was wrong with grandma. But didn't know what or why. She just knew grandma seemed really mad. And this frightened her bc she had never seen grandma that mad. When they arrived to visit her great grandpa, Caylee ran up to him to give him a hug. Caylee felt safe with great grandpa, and she hugged him closer, looking over her shoulder towards grandma to see if she was still mad. After their visit with great grandpa, grandma & Caylee went to great grandma's for some yummy dinner. But grandma and great grandma got into a fight and there was lots of screaming. Grandma ended up crying. Caylee began crying too.

On the way home Cindy's thoughts were racing. Maybe it was time to try some 'tough love' on Casey—what her mother and brother had been urging her to do for years. She tossed that idea about but balked at the idea of sending her daughter off with her only grandchild. She hatched a plan. Cindy & Caylee arrived at home. Since Cindy had all day to ruminate on the theft mess, she was predictably tense when Casey walked through the door.

Casey sensed rather than saw her mother's irritation and shrugged it off. She'd weathered their fights before, she'd do it again. Seeing Caylee standing in the hall, looking somewhat lost as she looked from mom to grandma back to mom, Casey swept her up in her arms, placed an air kiss on her forehead, and headed to her room. Cindy followed Casey down the hall, "We need to talk. Now."

"Oh mom," Casey rolls her eyes at her mother's dramatics.

"How could you do it?" Cindy can barely contain herself.

"Do what?" Casey stops and turns to confront her mother.

Cindy states more firmly that she feels, "You know what I'm talking about. How could you do that to your own grandma?" Cindy is in near hysterics at this point. "We've put up with your lying and stealing too long, Casey. This is it. You're moving. You're not welcome here."

Casey, used to her mother's outbursts, shrugs her shoulders, "Fine. I'll pack mine and Caylee's things. We don't need you."

As Casey moves towards Caylee's room, Cindy stops her, "You misunderstood me. You are not welcome here. Caylee will always be welcome. She is staying with us. If and when you get your life together you can come get her but not until you have proven you can be a real mother. Of all the things you've done, she's the best mistake you've ever made and we're not going to let you ruin her life too."

Casey turns back toward her mom, her eyes holding a hint of danger, "Sorry, mom. She's my kid, I can take her when and where I want. And guess what? You can't do a thing about it."

Turning, she walks into her room, slamming the door and locking it. Stopping suddenly, she groans as she remembers she and Amy had plans for the evening. Sending off a quick text message, she tells her she has "cramps" and is going to "crash at the boys" and "will call in the morning."

Packing their backpacks, Casey heads out to the car with Caylee in tow. "I'll show her," she silently mutters to herself. Casey stops, gazes at Caylee and a diabolical plan is formed.

Caylee has begun to fuss. It's been a long day and something is wrong with grandma and mommy but she doesn't know what. Caylee doesn't know what's wrong but when she sees the look in her mommy's eyes now she's real scared...

Casey never really gets why people are mad at her. Or for that matter, why they make such a big deal out of stupid things. Okay, so she took some money from grandma. So what? It wasn't like she needed it. And anyway, grandma seemed as critical of her mother as her mother was of her. Grandma deserved it for making her mother so annoying and miserable to live with. And now, her mother thinks she can just kick her out and keep Caylee? Fat chance. If Caylee is the only good mistake that she has ever made, then it's about time to show her mother how quickly and completely that mistake can be made to go poof.

That's when the plan was formed. Casey decided then and there to "dispose" of Caylee, knowing that doing so would hurt her mother more than anything she could say or do. To drive the knife deeper, she would bury Caylee in a location that her mother frequented, a constant reminder of what she made Casey do.

From Casey's pov, this would kill two birds with one stone: Get back at her annoying mom and get rid of the one thing that stood in the way of her good time: Caylee.

Long and short.

In this proposed scenario, Caylee's disappearance has everything to do with the fight on June 15th after Cindy and Caylee returned from their visit with Cindy's father. By the time Cindy arrived at the rest home, she had been ruminating about Casey's behavior, her anger increasing by leaps and bounds. Caylee would, of course, sense that, which could explain the visit with great grandpa video.

Cindy isn't one to let things go, either. That, and her mother has not so kindly reminded her what a lying thief Casey has become. Which, from her mother's point of view, makes Cindy a horrible mother. So, by the time Cindy spent yet another hour ruminating as she drove home, she has worked herself into an emotional frenzy. Which Casey, of course, senses. And hence, the blow-up.

That said, I think they should ask Cindy for a list of her favorite "haunts" so to speak. Where does she like to hang out? Where does she go to find peace? To get away from the every day hustle and bustle of family life and work? I think LadyGator is right on. This is where Casey would bury Caylee. For maximum effect...maximum damage.

And what might the "grand finale" be? Casey turning to her mother, looking her directly in the eyes, and smugly saying, "Remember your favorite tree?"

AHHHHHHHHH!!! It is scary how close you may be to the truth! And do you realize how long the drive is from Mt. Dora to Hopesprings? Unless she was listening to music or distracting herself with something else Cindy would have had a lot of thinking time in the car on that lonnnngggg drive about what Casey had done to Grandma and Grandpa and what she was going to say to her next time she saw her.

I have a question that I don't know where else to place so I thought I'd try here...Is it possible for a sociopath to also be insane??? I don't think this applies to KC by the way, but I am curious if such a pathology is possible?

I have a question that I don't know where else to place so I thought I'd try here...Is it possible for a sociopath to also be insane??? I don't think this applies to KC by the way, but I am curious if such a pathology is possible?

IMO, yes. I have had quite a few cases in which the individual was quite psychotic and had an Axis II diagnosis of 301.7 (Antisocial Personality Disorder). When the delusions and hallucinations were brought under control, the antisocial characteristics were more obvious. In fact, I've had clients that I liked much better when they were delusional. Also, transient psychotic states are not unusual with personality disorders, including Borderline Personality Disorder.

Russell

I am curious to read info about how Sociopaths are diagnosed, discovered, live under the radar.....etc. Do Sociopathic parents create sociopathic children, etc.

I would welcome experts to post to this thread as well as anecdotal experiences. Thank you.

I am curious to read info about how Sociopaths are diagnosed, discovered, live under the radar.....etc. Do Sociopathic parents create sociopathic children, etc.

I would welcome experts to post to this thread as well as anecdotal experiences. Thank you.

I am not an expert, however being the step mother of a diagnosed sociopath, I do know quite a bit about them.

I believe that it is both a product of envirenment AND genes. My step-daughter's mother is also a sociopath AND she was raised in a very messed up home. She was allowed to have sex as young a 10 years old because her mother wanted to hurt my husband. My husband fought in the courts for several years before he had to give up as he was never even allowed his visitation by the mother. He spent over $20,000 to see his kids and finally had to give up broke.

Anyway, the SD is so much like Casey that I first became interested in this case because of that. A sociopath can live a normal life never being found out until they commit a crime. My SD has committed petty crimes, but hasn't killed any of her kids yet. Although the state DID take them away recently. Thank God.

The SD's mother is even worse than the daughter, but she has never been convicted of a crime. She has managed to live all these years without ever working a job. She convinced the Gov. that she was mentallly disabled. She is fine except being a Sociopath, which is NOT a disability. Too bad they can't lock these people away for life just for being a sociopath!

The SD has done all the same things that KC has done. Lie even when there was no need to lie, steal everything that isn't nailed down and have sex with anything and everything she can find. And I do mean anybody!!

Even though my SD has lost her kids, she has never shown any appropriate emotions just as KC hasn't. She also tells everyone that she will never blame herself, as that wouldn't do any good! Hello??? Anybody in there?? No!

It is hard for a person to imagine how a person can be this way until you actually live with one and see the mess they make of everything. We used to think that if we god the SD away from her mother that we could teach her differently. We found out the hard way that she was not capable of changing, nor did she have any desire to. She still doesn't. We had to cut her out of our lives so we could have a normal life. Otherwise they keep you on a rollercoaster or messes.

There are often discovered and diagnosed when they get into trouble.

Among boys, there is often something called the MacDonald triad: late bed-wetting,animal torture, and firesetting. Two of those is bad. All three is more than bad.

Nobody knows the etiology. Sociopaths often come from bad homes. and sociopathic behaviors.

However, they are also found in good homes, where all their sibs are happy and productive.

There's an old flick called, "The Bad Seed." Rent it. It's fiction, but it's good on early sociopathy.

Oh my God - my worst fears could be realized with your post.

I also have an SD with a sociopathic, Narcissist, mother who is doing everything in her power to turn this sweet (used to be anyway) 12 year old into her materialistic, lying mini me.

It's so freaking scarey, but there is nothing we can do. She's been bought and brainwashed. Now she's in 7th grade and is starting to "become a big *advertiser censored*" as her 15 year old brother says - and he's so worried about her and because he "gets" his mom and understands her better than most of us and what she is capable of, he's very depressed but his sister will not listen to him anymore. Unfortunately little SD does not want to face reality AT ALL. She does not want to be called out on anything she does that displeases - forget it -she's a perfect princess regardless and at mommy's she can talk back, act like a biotch, do ANYTHING she wants to with zero consequences except, of course to go shopping and get her nails done so that she won't be upset with mommy for, umm, 1 hour or so until the next tantrum.

I think this behavior can be rewarded and come to fruition in a young person. Without knowing it, a parent might reward the "I live in my own fantasy" behavior out of guilt, or just an avoidance of how to deal with it, or maybe they are too busy and don't recognize the danger. Especially the lies that are told for no reason - lying about things you don't even have to. That should be a trigger for instant therapy and getting away from the custodial parent that enables it. I think maybe Cindy and George had their one little girl and ignored so many things in order to fantasize their perfect family into existence. It's hard for parents to accept the truth because often they blame themselves and can't shoulder it.

Some sociopaths are born and others are made. It's so complicated it's impossible to put a finger on "exactly" how this happens in each case, however, it is very easy to spot them.

Most sociopaths seem very normal, in fact, they are likeable because they know how to do and say everything to fit in and build rapport with others because, as parasites, it's how they survive.

You're right - until they actually get caught and turned in for a crime, they just go on in our society like a tornado leaving people's emotions and lives strewn about in their path. I say turned in because they can BS their way out of almost anything. When faced with a real "come to Jesus" moment, however, their giant egos and belief in their false self is their undoing as you can see in KC - she actually believed she could lie and BS the police and garner sympathy as a poor mother of a missing child.

Fricking transparent to those of us who know this type of person very well.

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html

Check this link for some good information on sociopaths. If you follow the link at the bottom you can take a test to see if you or someone you know has sociopathic tendancies.

Me ex is a sociopath. As the article describes he is a "successful'' sociopath- able to perform in his job by 'baffling them with b.s.' and tooting his own horn alot. As soon as real demands are made on him he moves on to another job. I am fighting like crazy to make sure our child doesn't absorb his qualities but it is a constant struggle.

Yesterday I was in a deserted area of the FL woods, with my avatar.

I came across a man-made mounded grave-like area..about 3 feet long.

By the time the exploring 7 year old-ish guys had come along, I had already investigated enough to know it was not anything involving human remains.

These kids were fascinated....started looking for clues and asking each other if it could be the missing child Caylee.

They then stood there and spoke to me about how it was so hard to imagine that anyone could harm a little girl.
It was like a breath of fresh air . This might not be on topic, but apparently there is still plenty of good out there.:)

And, I wish I could remember to rent the "Bad Seed." Thanks for the reminder.:blowkiss:

This thread reminded me of a email I recieved a few days ago. Not a sociopath, but a psychopath test.

Psychopath Test

Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the
bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No
one I know has gotten it right.

While at the funeral of her own mother, a woman met a man who she did not
know. She thought he was 'amazing'. She believed him to be her dream partner
so much that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his
number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.

Question: What was her motive for killing her sister?

Give this some thought before you answer, see answer below.

Answer:

She was hoping the guy would appear again at her sister's funeral. If you
answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test
developed by a famous American psychologist, used to test if one has the
same mentality as a killer.

Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question
correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off my
e-mail list.

Does anyone know if someone can be "a little bit sociapathic" or is it kind of like being pregnant, you either are or you aren't?

This thread reminded me of a email I recieved a few days ago. Not a sociopath, but a psychopath test.

Psychopath Test

Read this question, come up with an answer and then scroll down to the
bottom for the result. This is not a trick question. It is as it reads. No
one I know has gotten it right.

While at the funeral of her own mother, a woman met a man who she did not
know. She thought he was 'amazing'. She believed him to be her dream partner
so much that she fell in love with him right there, but never asked for his
number and could not find him. A few days later she killed her sister.

Question: What was her motive for killing her sister?

Give this some thought before you answer, see answer below.

Answer:

She was hoping the guy would appear again at her sister's funeral. If you
answered this correctly, you think like a psychopath. This was a test
developed by a famous American psychologist, used to test if one has the
same mentality as a killer.

Many arrested serial killers took part in the test and answered the question
correctly.

If you didn't answer the question correctly, good for you.

If you got the answer correct, please let me know so I can take you off my
e-mail list.

Whew....

I thought it was going to be that the two incidents didn't have anything to do with one another---that she simply didn't want to split the inheritance or something...

Yea Me! I'm not doooooomed.

This thread reminded me of a email I recieved a few days ago. Not a sociopath, but a psychopath test. ~SNIPPED~

If I recall correctly, a psychopath was the initial label for sociopaths, but that was changed to sociopaths in the 1930's. It's been changed again recently to anti-social.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff