Sidebar Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's come to this today has it? We are discussing NG elimination tract...:rolleyes:

In all honesty...I'd prefer discussion of the "bombshell" NG dropped, to some of the circular arguments going on and on and on and on and.............

:( He was so young. Thanks for everything, Steve, and blessings and peace upon your loved ones in their sorrow.

Came on the news while I was at the gym. I had a feeling it was coming but still..so said. What a genius, and a nice guy!

In all honesty...I'd prefer discussion of the "bombshell" NG dropped, to some of the circular arguments going on and on and on and on and.............

Me too! I can't stand it! Round and round and round. Let's talk about JA!:innocent:

Incredible loss - was not expecting it quite this soon.

There was a pic on ROL or TMZ not long after he left Apple and he was in a gown and he was absolutely skeletal. The invasion of privacy was appalling. I knew right then that the Pancreatic Cancer was winning and it wouldn't be long. My boss was diagnosed with it and died 6 weeks later. Steve Jobs lived quite a while with it...such a shame.

There was a pic on ROL or TMZ not long after he left Apple and he was in a gown and he was absolutely skeletal. The invasion of privacy was appalling. I knew right then that the Pancreatic Cancer was winning and it wouldn't be long. My boss was diagnosed with it and died 6 weeks later. Steve Jobs lived quite a while with it...such a shame.

Steve Jobs had a neuroendocrine tumor of the pancreas, and these things aren't as aggressive as the "typical" pancreatic cancer, which is 90% adenocarcinoma. I've never known a person to live for six plus years with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, it is just too aggressive. What puzzles me is his liver transplant. Obviously the cancer had spread there, but the meds you have to take after a transplant, to prevent rejection, depress your immune system so that any cancers you do have can spread and grow :( It must have been one of those choices people have to make, even just a few more years is better than no more years :(

My MIL lived two weeks after they discovered it. Very, very sad. jmo

Heck, I wish they would be MORE circular, instead of :banghead: this or :twocents: this or even :razz: this (that last one is for you, Nancy)

Steve Jobs had a neuroendocrine tumor of the pancreas, and these things aren't as aggressive as the "typical" pancreatic cancer, which is 90% adenocarcinoma. I've never known a person to live for six plus years with adenocarcinoma of the pancreas, it is just too aggressive. What puzzles me is his liver transplant. Obviously the cancer had spread there, but the meds you have to take after a transplant, to prevent rejection, depress your immune system so that any cancers you do have can spread and grow :( It must have been one of those choices people have to make, even just a few more years is better than no more years :(

They were talking about the transplant on CNN and how it is an experimental thing and it seemed to have worked for a while but you have a point there. Cancer thrives with a depressed immune system. I really wish Pancreatic Cancer and Ovarian cancer got as much attention as breast cancer which is very curable if caught early. The other two are rarely diagnosed until it is too late. Actually it really kind of pizzes me off. Oh and pediatric brain cancer. I know an 8th grader who was fine one day, got a headache the next and was gone six months later.

RANDOM REMINISCENT BUFFET

3486609809_e5cb38abb7.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3335/3486609809_e5cb38abb7.jpg

Oh ynot! There you are! :great:

Bring your spread and post it [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7191906#post7191906"]over here[/ame]! Food and party on Thread #2!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7191906#post7191906"]Jump here![/ame]

Closing this one up soon so save that post for the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle