AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
@GutFeeling:

You brought up another thing which I have wondered about more than once:

Why hasn't some Baez-type attorney stepped forward to offer his or her services pro bono? I was under the quite possibly mistaken impression that these guys are usually knocking at the door within the week.....

Of course, the offer might have been made and the Celises declined.

Maybe Isa isn't high profile enough for a media hungry lawyer? I just don't know.....

Why did CPS in Texas take the Davis's child after their other child drowned? The breaking point for the Davises was apparently after they had made the specified renovations to their home, etc, and were then told that they might get custody again in six months.

What about the guy whose wife was taking their baby in for a 3 day checkup, was shot in the parking lot and the baby abducted? After the baby was found CPS removed custody of that child, as well.

I think that, like every other agency, company or organised group, most of the time CPS does an adequate job, sometimes it does a stellar job and sometimes it doesn't work at all.

Absolutely true. The fact is, CPS does not work the same way in every state, nor even in every county in a state and much of it depends on the reliability of their staff, or the supervisor in some cases.
This situation is a little different since LE reported to CPS, but I wonder if they had actual proof that some abuse was going on, or was it just a strong suspicion? Unless it was proven I would think after the 90 days is up, he should be allowed to return to his family, unless he's charged with something relating to Isa's disappearance.
The two cases you mentioned still baffle me. I can see removing the other child in the Davies home temporarily but cannot understand CPS telling them it would take six months or more to get the child back. That's ridiculous!! As for the other case, it's almost like they blamed the mother for being shot! How absurd is that?
I've heard horror stories about CW's twisting facts in court and being able to convince a judge of things, just because they took a dim view of a parent for some reason. And then there are the cases where children just slipped through the cracks and the CW was falsifying reports when they had not even seen the child for years. It's a nightmare in some places.

Oh no! That is heartbreaking. Is your tree completely lost?

The grapefruit tree (under the mesquite) is now a shrub, but will survive. The lemon tree fared better, and the mesquite is fine. It is a monster mesquite, and needed some trimming. Just not that branch. LOL. It will take weeks to get rid of all the slash from this limb. Most of the firewood has already been cut. What a mess.

How many days has it been since SC voluntarily agreed to stay away from the children?

I can only speak for myself, but it is the "no contact" part of this arrangement that is troubling.

I would still raise an eyebrow at an agreement which allowed supervised visits or telephone conversations. Especially in a family with a missing child. But I would be more likely to believe it was SOP.

But "no contact", zero, nuthin', nada, zip? That is some serious business.

If CPS or LE didn't have some pretty big concerns about SC, why can't he talk to his boys on the phone or meet them in a neutral setting under supervision?

I know many of you say it's a very common type of agreement/order, but I just can't wrap my head around CPS ripping apart a grieving family when they don't actually suspect the removed party of any wrongdoing.

MOO

That part bothers me too, absolutely no contact. Why? Is he intimidating the boys somehow? RC does not seem to agree with their action..but would she really say so if she did? And the sister saying that stuff about SC at the vigil, did SC convince her to say that? Did she want to or was she pushed into it? What did RC think of it? Or maybe it was just bad timing because the CPS action was so close to the vigil? But still it should have been about ISABEL!!
Sorry for all of the questions...

@GutFeeling:

Why hasn't some Baez-type attorney stepped forward to offer his or her services pro bono? I was under the quite possibly mistaken impression that these guys are usually knocking at the door within the week.....

Maybe Isa isn't high profile enough for a media hungry lawyer? I just don't know.....

Or maybe, they don't want to touch it with a barge pole, because they are almost certain to lose?

Or maybe, they don't want to touch it with a barge pole, because they are almost certain to lose?

Most trials involving a murder charge end with the defendant being convicted, yet media-hungry lawyers still attach themselves to high profile trials.

(chopped by me)
Calling it voluntary is wrong. You can call a cow pie a sweet pea, but it's not going to smell any better.

IMHO, it stinks to high heaven.

You reminded me of the headline someone spotted (and posted) in a TX newspaper while the Hailey Dunn case was active... "Cow Patties for Sale at Abilene Mall."

Sorry. It's not as funny now as it was then.

As for rumors SC was seen with the boys... I do not know if it is true or not, but the reported sighting occurred on Fathers' Day. Is it possible that CPS agreed to let the family reunite for the day?

You reminded me of the headline someone spotted (and posted) in a TX newspaper while the Hailey Dunn case was active... "Cow Patties for Sale at Abilene Mall."

Sorry. It's not as funny now as it was then.

As for rumors SC was seen with the boys... I do not know if it is true or not, but the reported sighting occurred on Fathers' Day. Is it possible that CPS agreed to let the family reunite for the day?

Honestly, I would think that if those rumors are true, that SC was granted a special dispensation for Father's Day.

That really seems likely. However, why not just quash the rumors then by saying either

A. No such thing occurred

B. permission was granted for special visitation.

And LOL on cow pattie sales!

It is sad that there is no new news. Still hoping She is safe someplace.

I am afraid I lost hope quite a while ago. At this point I am only hoping that Isa's body is found and the whole ugly truth exposed and those responsible are punished. :(

The grapefruit tree (under the mesquite) is now a shrub, but will survive. The lemon tree fared better, and the mesquite is fine. It is a monster mesquite, and needed some trimming. Just not that branch. LOL. It will take weeks to get rid of all the slash from this limb. Most of the firewood has already been cut. What a mess.

Isabel you are in my thoughts and prayers...I hope the truth is revealed soon!!

I am so very sorry about your trees....it is my dream to have a lemon tree!! Most importantly-I am happy YOU are safe!!

Since March 2nd I have survived a tornado and a derecho!!! To be honest, I am SO scared of these storms, I am ready to MOVE -:(

I am afraid I lost hope quite a while ago. At this point I am only hoping that Isa's body is found and the whole ugly truth exposed and those responsible are punished. :(

I would really love to disagree with you-but I just can't. It has been far too long.

@GutFeeling:

I wondered that too - but would there be enough fame in this case? CA *spits* was thought to be guilty straight up - and it worked for Baez.

I really have no idea on that, I bet there was some knocking though.

I wondered that too - but would there be enough fame in this case? CA *spits* was thought to be guilty straight up - and it worked for Baez.

I really have no idea on that, I bet there was some knocking though.

When you really think about it, how many high profile trials are there? Lawyers can't be that picky if they are looking for fame. If this case went to trial, I'm going to assume it would be huge in Tucson, and probably the entire state of Arizona, and I could see TruTV broadcasting it live.

It was just a short time ago that I couldn't keep up with the posts in here, now I have no problem; I'm heartbroken. Ugh, I wish I had something new, something that would help!

Isa, where are you?

When you really think about it, how many high profile trials are there? Lawyers can't be that picky if they are looking for fame. If this case went to trial, I'm going to assume it would be huge in Tucson, and probably the entire state of Arizona, and I could see TruTV broadcasting it live.

I think it would be a large case but not huge (sadly). CA was the only suspect from the word go, as was Scott Peterson. I think too much time has passed without LE pointing a finger - jmo :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77