LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that should definitely tell them the make of the vehicle!

This is so bizarre.

Is it possible that tire marks could have been made at any time and by anyone who went to the area? I would think that at the time the bike and tire marks were discovered, tire marks wouldn't mean much.

So now they're saying the white truck is two different trucks? I thought at first they said it was the same truck, passing the camera area twice?
http://findmickeynow.com/
Scroll down a bit. The first picture is one truck. The next two pictures containing trucks are the same truck going in an opposite direction on St. Landry.

I just watched the whole thing and didn't hear anything about tire marks. I'm sure I'm missing it but can you point me to the right time?

At the very beginning by the reporter (0.34). Police strongly believe the perp drove to the edge of the water and dumped the bike in the water.

Is it possible that tire marks could have been made at any time and by anyone who went to the area? I would think that at the time the bike and tire marks were discovered, tire marks wouldn't mean much.

Maybe the perp rode or walked the bike, which helps explain the handgrips being separate.

Of course, I'm way behind and trying not to get fired, so I probably missed a lot of stuff. Apologies in advance.

It amazes me that no one has come forward with info on these vehicles. Wouldn't a significant other know that their spouse (or whatever) was gone at 2:00 a.m. and drives that vehicle? I just can't believe NO ONE knows any info. Unless they do and LE isn't releasing that information.

At the very beginning by the reporter (0.34). Police strongly believe the perp drove to the edge of the water and dumped the bike in the water.
Thank you! I listened to it three times and missed that all three times. LOL

"Police also say they found tire marks near the area where the bike turned up Sunday, submerged in water, underneath this bridge on Interstate-10 ..."

I agree. I think people had already searched there days before bike was found, (and didn't find the bike b/c it wasn't there yet) and other people had come and gone as well--there are people there every day. Plus, the police are saying they think the bike was tossed immediately after abduction. Well, it rained after, so that would have washed away the tire marks anyway. If those tire marks truely were the perp's, then that only further leads me to believe the bike was NOT tossed immediately, but rather a day or two before it was discovered.

eta: Unless they are talking about tire marks from the BIKE as opposed to a vehicle. Now, still I think the rain would have washed that away if done immediately, so I still think it would have had to been brought down there shortly before it was found. And should have had footprints, at least on the way back from dumping it, if so. But they didn't say tire marks from the bike, so I guess we should assume vehicle.

The tire marks are a positive development. Tire marks helped identify col Russell Williams, a serial killer in Canada.
OT I think Cpl Mouton is nice looking.:blushing:moo wm

The tire marks definitely mean that nobody needs to sacrifice their bicycle today by throwing it off a tall structure to see how it lands, all in the name of cyber-sleuthing!

The tire treads in the case of Russell Williams were imprinted in snow, but hopefully the tire marks at Whiskey Bay can at least narrow down the tire brand and the weight and type of suspected vehicle that dumped the bicycle. If the tire marks were in the bush presumably they would have been in a 4WD, don't you think?

(You certainly wouldn't toss the good Cpl out of bed for eating crackers, would you?) :blushing:

In the video the Cpl Mouton says they strongly believe the perp drove to the edge of the water to dump the bike so I would assume they have tire tracks from the vehicle.

I don't know how many vehicles would go that way by the edge of the water (??)

Also of note the reporter says the investigation is heading in a different direction and that is why the searches were called off. Not quite sure what to make of that. I'm hoping it's NOT from a missing person to homicide. :( recovery versus rescue :(

i wish i had more time to contribute, but i find myself pages behind whenever i do, and it is hard to keep up... i'm sure i have missed questions asked that i can answer.
to all that say there should be more pics....
yes... they have more images than they show us and "we" wont always get the clearest ones... this is for many reasons... one being "we" are not suppose to have enough info to put it all together... we are just meant to call in the tips "they are asking for"... also do not forget misdirection... as this is an open investigation and "they" are trying to catch a bad guy(s) and need to keep themselves steps ahead of us... remember, the internet makes a lot of info available to "everybody"... not just those trying to help.

i have tried o keep my theories to myself an stick to to the facts, only contributing when i feel my area of expertise can be of help...

here is "something".... if a cyclist is hit from behind while moving... depending on the height of the bumper vs rear bike tire... the down-force should leave a small tire mark on the ground... a small one... followed by some scrape marks...

here is something else... and is opinion and pure racial profiling... if anything was witnessed by a black/hispanic person, they will not come forward with it as they generally do not trust, work with or help "the man"... there is a better chance of a civilian getting this info if any info is to be gotten on this subject...

a bent rear wheel an dislodged tire implies the perp did take the bike not a thief, but does not completely rule it out... based on gas prices... i am inclined to believe that somebody (thief) that sees a broken bike and thinks (score) is less inclined to spend the money to take it far away to dump it as appose to throwing it in a local ditch.

the anime predator theory is sound and could bring in an out of towner... it seems to me and i don't want to get in an argument with the anime fans, but anime portray's older men having their way with very young girls based on the google search i did making this theory very plausible...

do not discredit family run businesses... often they will let shady people that have nowhere to go, stay a their "shop" that they would not invite into their home... and after business hours they would have all the privacy in the world...

there may be a possible percy st connection that they have already explored... could they have missed something? the details of the parking lot shooting near by a few days after this disappearance are "odd" to say the least. what would cause a man to shoot his buddy then himself... odd (i believe both or at least one is still alive and in the hospital)... this bar closes at the same time her route would have put her in that area... has this been fully explored?

this is my advice to those that wish to help...
do not get stuck on "their" leads...
try to take your investigation somewhere else...
explore what they are not...
do not hear what they say as fact...
use YOUR brain instead of THEIRS...
think outside the box they have put you in...

peace

It amazes me that no one has come forward with info on these vehicles. Wouldn't a significant other know that their spouse (or whatever) was gone at 2:00 a.m. and drives that vehicle? I just can't believe NO ONE knows any info. Unless they do and LE isn't releasing that information.

Well we really only just put out Chicken Fried's flyer last night. Maybe that will get some people talking. The description of the car before that was so vague, but now that we are pretty sure it's an Olds 98 and that there shouldn't be many of those around, it will be easier to find. I had to drop husband at work this morning and on the way back drove slowly through an apartment complex that has a lot of hoopties in the parking lot. No Olds 98 or any other hooptie with bondo on the right rear. I got checked out though, by several people, probably wondering why I was checking out their cars.

I really think the white truck has something to do with her disappearance. It's just a gut feeling. Not the car but the truck.

The pic from Versialles is really bugging me... Ok, I see now that I was wrong. She does not appear to be turning left. We are seeing her from the front. The lights had me confused and I thought the light behind her was her headlight. There are some post lights in front of the school pickup area, causing that big white blur on the left, but I can't imagine why these would be on at 2am on a Sat. Morning. And maybe my mind is playing tricks on me, but I see her stopped (one foot on ground) and pointing with left arm as if giving directions or turning. anyone see this? Should I just go to bed now? Thanks

Also, another thought. Why would LE release this picture with her so far away when they could have clearly gotten a better shot with her a little closer. Perhaps any closer and the car behind her (possibly the perp) would be in the shot? Am I just reaching now?

I'm reading like mad trying to get caught up with all these messages so I am sorry if this has already been discussed...ANYWAY...the picture you are talking about bothers me. If you are right, and I do believe you are, she is probably talking to someone in that car parked on the other side of the road. It looks like it's just sitting there with no lights on. I wish I knew how to post the picture here to show you, but I don't have a clue how to do that. I didn't see the car until I adjusted the brightness a bit. If you would, go back to the pic and increase the brightness just a bit and I'm hoping you'll see the car I think I see.

These threads are moving like lightning! I'm trying to catch up and prepare a balance sheet at the same time, but I'm seeing a lot of great posts. I'm so glad there are people here who know something about automobiles, because I couldn't tell the difference between a Buick and a barn. And I wanted to let you know that your efforts aren't in vain: I stopped for gas this morning and saw a copy of the poster that Chicken Fried made yesterday taped to the window of the gas station. It made me really proud to be part of this community, even though I haven't been here long :) Keep up the GREAT work, guys!

I remember seeing the first pic of MS FB late Saturday afternoon. No flyer or information just a picture and the comment was "Missing Girl"

I also know someone very close to me who went to Ryan Street around 7:30 on Sunday evening. By 9pm LE had not gotten there yet. From what I am told, the kids (her friends) were in a panic and no one (LE) was taking them seriously. BW was at the station for questioning and this person was the first to speak to him when he returned, but from what I understand, LE had not started looking for her. On the case, but not really actively. This was after her friends and family had already started posting flyers and actively looking for her all day on Sunday.

So maybe the 48 hour rule is that they cannot start an active search, but will start an investigation? So I was really confused about what Craft said about 48 hours being a myth.

I'm sorry if I am behind. I am typing on my iPhone while trying to feed the babe.

The tire marks definitely mean that nobody needs to sacrifice their bicycle today by throwing it off a tall structure to see how it lands, all in the name of cyber-sleuthing!

The tire treads in the case of Russell Williams were imprinted in snow, but hopefully the tire marks at Whiskey Bay can at least narrow down the tire brand and the weight and type of suspected vehicle that dumped the bicycle. If the tire marks were in the bush presumably they would have been in a 4WD, don't you think?

(You certainly wouldn't toss the good Cpl out of bed for eating crackers, would you?) :blushing:
The only reason I'm not overly excited about these tire marks is because it's a boat landing. (Am I right on this? That the bike was deposited at the landing?) I've seen many a tire spin out on boat landings.

I suppose it would depend on weather conditions from the time Mickey disappeared til when the bike was located. If the weather has been dry then maybe LE got a good cast. Not sure if there has been alot of rain but seems like rain would wash away the tracks. However, it sounds to me like the bike was under the bridge so the tire tracks may have been been preserved if found under the bridge as well.

JMHO as I am not familiar with this area like our locals are.

moo

If LE believes the bike was dropped off at the water's edge from a truck, then I guess I can see why they do not believe Mickey is there; if the bike was so close in, she probably would have been also...JMO and :(

I got a good look, young mean upper 20's, early 30's, all around 6 ft. They all had short hair and one had a bald head. They also appeared to be locals. I shouldn't say date rapings, rather there were multiple reports of guys spiking girls' drinks. This resulted in a firing of a couple employees if I'm not mistaken. Didn't get a site of a vehicle, they were long gone by the time we reached the workers at the door. This is only purely speculation, but it goes to show that locals are out there in the bar scene looking for prey.

This is they type of situation I am leaning toward that may have taken MS away. The very tight timeline from taco bell to the time MS was videotaped on her bike makes me feel as if she left in a hurry. I don't think she was finished partying that night and may have wanted to meed up with a friend/s somewhere else before closing time. Just speculating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong