NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not what I was looking for. This says MAM said he picked her up in front of the house.

Snipped from http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6464217/

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.

I'm thinking I heard the manager talking about the video tapes on Nancy Grace. I'll have to try to Wade thru transcripts.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6397519/

"Police are looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the Sleepy Hollow Mobile Home Park early Tuesday, Moore said."

"Police dogs searched the neighborhood and some nearby woods late Tuesday and didn't pick up Shaniya's scent. Investigators said the dogs would have picked up her trail if she had been walking around the area."

Note: When a person is carried, the dogs will not pick up a scent.
HTH

This is not what I was looking for. This says MAM said he picked her up in front of the house.

In an affidavit for a warrant to search McNeill's 1997 Mitsubishi Galant, investigators said McNeill told them he picked Shaniya up in front of her home and drove her to the hotel.

I'm thinking I heard the manager talking about the video tapes on Nancy Grace. I'll have to try to Wade thru transcripts.

This I did remember - thanks.
but not that there is video - that would be a slam dunk.
a video of SOB MAM- PICKING Shaniya up and AD opening the door would definitely make my heart sing.

BBM, No need to bother reading it all the over again, it's ok. There was some misinformation in the beginning and it may or may not be on record. Here is an example of one inaccurate statement from the police spokewoman, btw she left her job.

"We know right now he (Coe) drove a vehicle with Shaniya inside, out of the park," Chance said.
http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/12/951569

I'll have to dig up what my mind is remembering. I know I read something about the survaillence tapes from the park manager that MAM picked Shaniya up in front of the "home". I don't know if AD walked her out or opened the door and sent her out. But, I think they do have the tape of her being picked up in front.

I'll try to find it.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Moore also says police told her they`re looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the mobile home park around 3:00 that morning.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Barbara has installed four surveillance cameras. Barbara says that after Shaniya was missing, you can see on the surveillance tape the family coming out and actually looking around, as if they`re looking for a child at that point.

Maybe you were recalling on this NG transcript--where neighbor Moore is interviewed, and also referencing SH surveillance cameras, installed by Mgr (Davenport). Which would seem to indicate surveillance cameras were aimed in such a way as to capture the front of mh. We can only pray this is the evidence LE says they have--if this shows AD appearing at the door or bringing Shaniya out to MAM eg, it would be pretty hard for AD to refute.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/11/ng.01.html

:parrot:

Y'all may be right. I do remember the manager, I think her name was Barbara, giving a lot more info on the NG show than LE released. I seem to recall her saying that about MAM picking her up. I may be wrong, but I sure hope I'm not.

IMO they have to have something pretty concrete on AD or she wouldn't be in jail.

Maybe it's just from statements.

We know MAM was talking in the beginning. He has admitted to taking Shaniya from the home. Maybe he is telling about ADs drug debts. Then you have Coe who made a few cryptic statements to the media. He knows something. Maybe he said a lot while he was in jail to prove he was innocent. And, I believe BD has been talking as well and that's why she seems to be avoiding charges.

Jmo

We know MAM was talking in the beginning. He has admitted to taking Shaniya from the home. Maybe he is telling about ADs drug debts. Then you have Coe who made a few cryptic statements to the media. He knows something. Maybe he said a lot while he was in jail to prove he was innocent. And, I believe BD has been talking as well and that's why she seems to be avoiding charges.

Jmo
Yes MAM talked, and so what, he is also a felon, they do lie.... and all this is certainly very different from having a video.
there is NO video, or it would not be lingering this long to book her officially.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Moore also says police told her they`re looking at surveillance video of anyone who left the mobile home park around 3:00 that morning.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Barbara has installed four surveillance cameras. Barbara says that after Shaniya was missing, you can see on the surveillance tape the family coming out and actually looking around, as if they`re looking for a child at that point.

Maybe you were recalling on this NG transcript--where neighbor Moore is interviewed, and also referencing SH surveillance cameras, installed by Mgr (Davenport). Which would seem to indicate surveillance cameras were aimed in such a way as to capture the front of the mh. We can only pray this is the evidence LE says they have--if it shows AD appearing at the door or bringing Shaniya out to MAM eg, it would be pretty hard for AD to refute.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0911/11/ng.01.html

BBM: That is the way I also know it.
A video of him taking her or her mom opening the door to let him take her - would be a slam dunk.
We would not be waiting this long to have formal charges against AD.

Yes MAM talked, and so what, he is also a felon, they do lie.... and all this is certainly very different from having a video.
there is NO video, or it would not be lingering this long to book her officially.

I realize he is a felon. Sometimes even felons give info only they would know. JMO

Sorry if I was wrong about the video, I thought I'd remembered it. And still think maybe the manager said it. Maybe she was wrong too.

There has to be info holding her in jail. IMO

Somebody has talked or they have proof IMO.

I realize he is a felon. Sometimes even felons give info only they would know. JMO

Sorry if I was wrong about the video, I thought I'd remembered it. And still think maybe the manager said it. Maybe she was wrong too.

There has to be info holding her in jail. IMO

Somebody has talked or they have proof IMO.
I wish you were right on this one, I really do.
I would not be sweating ADs charges - that are not official yet.
Believing a felon in my eyes would be really hard to do. :crazy:
I don't think they rat on themselves, :crazy: the only video I know of is at the hotel,
that very sad last video of Shaniya in the arms of her abuser. :(

I agree.

But, they can not hold her this long without some type of evidence IMO.
So, they have something on her.

I agree.

But, they can not hold her this long without some type of evidence IMO.
So, they have something on her.

Actually, her bail is under the current charges is $51,000, if someone wants to bond her out. She could have her baby outside of prison and wait it out among family and friends unless she were rearrested and denied bond.

I find it very difficult to come to this thread. It is a heartwrenching--but necessary--reminder of an unimaginable crime, painful even to discuss. I find my heart in my throat and alternate between outrage (the furious emoticon is woefully inadequate, where is the towering hellfire inferno emoticon) and grief still so raw it's hard to share. I gather it must be this way for everyone who's fallen in love w Shaniya... so please, just a simple request from me. That we can kindly agree to handle eachother's feelings w care. I know I have shown tremendous anger at everyone connected on any level w this--and I do pray that not only this particular community but that parents everywhere are taking a long, hard look at how their own children are being cared for.

It is the most difficult case I've ever followed, bar none--w possible exception of the grueling Christian-Newsom trials which gave me nightmares--because she was a baby (and also closely resembles my own youngest child). But I can hardly stand to read here much less post when it becomes petty, nitpicky or quarrelsome. We'll know more re AD eg when LE's ready to release the info or clarify the charges. Til then, let's hug all our little ones and watch them more closely; and I'll try to remember too that though our opinions differ re responsibility eg we all have intense heartfelt feelings about Shaniya... for whom we all clearly agree justice can't come swiftly enough.
"kiki"

Actually, her bail is under the current charges is $51,000, if someone wants to bond her out. She could have her baby outside of prison and wait it out among family and friends unless she were rearrested and denied bond.

Personally? I think anyone involved is too SCARED to bond her out. :)

I understand that.

The point I'm trying to make is, they have to have evidence that she is not just a mother whose child was kidnapped.

For her to be there, there has to be something on her right?
I mean, they can't just say we think you may have done something so we are putting you in jail on a $50,000 bond.

IMO they have something on her and are just trying to figure out what to formally charge her with. In the meantime, I hope they are gathering more evidence on her.

I find it very difficult to come to this thread. It is a heartwrenching--but necessary--reminder of an unimaginable crime, painful even to discuss. I find my heart in my throat and alternate between outrage (the furious emoticon is woefully inadequate, where is the towering hellfire inferno emoticon) and grief still so raw it's hard to share. I gather it must be this way for everyone who's fallen in love w Shaniya... so please, a simple request from me. If we can kindly agree to handle eachother's feelings w care. I know I have shown tremendous anger at everyone connected w this--and I pray not only this particular community but parents everywhere are taking a hard long look at how their own children are being cared for.

It is the most difficult case I've ever followed, bar none--w possible exception of the grueling Christian-Newsom trials which gave me nightmares--because she was a baby (and also closely resembles my own youngest child). But I can hardly stand to read here much less post when it becomes petty, nitpicky or quarrelsome. We'll know more re AD eg when LE's ready to release the info or clarify the charges. Til then, let's hug all our little ones and watch them more closely; and I'll try to remember too that though our opinions differ re responsibility eg we all have intense heartfelt feelings about Shaniya... for whom we all clearly feel justice can't come swiftly enough.
"kiki"

Oh Kiki-
I understand entirely, and agree. My only thought... is let us not let the pain of this case- truthfully it even causes me pain to call it a 'this case'- get the better of us.
The situation Shaniya was in has broken many a heart at this point, in so many ways I think not worth even discussing. Ditto on what will happen with the people responsible....I don't care to discuss it anymore- I feel in my soul that justice will happen.

In the meantime, let's please not let the loss of this child eat at us until we can no longer deal with the pain? I will plant more flowers if necessary. :)

Oriah

Personally? I think anyone involved is too SCARED to bond her out. :)

I agree!

She's right where she should be anyway.

At least where she is, she's not feeding her unborn baby drugs like (IMO) she sold Shaniya for.

Just to be clear, I have not been snarky or nitpicky. I see where you are coming from Kiki.

I have followed this case very closely from the beginning and just remembered something wrong.

It happens to the best of us! Lol

Oh Kiki-
I understand entirely, and agree. My only thought... is let us not let the pain of this case- truthfully it even causes me pain to call it a 'this case'- get the better of us.
The situation Shaniya was in has broken many a heart at this point, in so many ways I think not worth even discussing. Ditto on what will happen with the people responsible....I don't care to discuss it anymore- I feel in my soul that justice will happen.

In the meantime, let's please not let the loss of this child eat at us until we can no longer deal with the pain? I will plant more flowers if necessary. :)

Yes more flowers, oriah... thank you. My little Lily was born today--another darling granddaughter, Grandma loves you ma petite fleur... another little blossom in my life :rose:

I know Shaniya was a beautiful baby too and try everyday to honor her memory by being kinder and more patient w my own youngest girl who could be her twin. I want to be believe all babies are at least adored and cherished when they're born, if we could all only hold onto that thought... :prayer: :baby:

flowers.gif

Yes more flowers, oriah... thank you. My little Lily was born today--another darling granddaughter, Grandma loves you ma petite fleur... another little blossom in my life :rose:

I know Shaniya was a beautiful baby too and try everyday to honor her memory by being kinder and more patient w my own youngest girl who could be her twin. I want to be believe all babies are at least adored and cherished when they're born, if we could all only hold onto that thought... :prayer: :baby:

flowers.gif

Congratulations on your granddaughter!! and yes, this is the rememberance Shaniya will have if we keep it strong... To love and care more than we thought we were already doing for the innocent in our lives. I will plant more (as soon as our weather system stops being so disgruntled and threatening snow. ;) )

Thank you,
Oriah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members