MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Chief Shaw would detail the K9 and ground searches...Where have they searched so far?? Have they walked grids anywhere? Surely they have...maybe I missed something? (still trying to get caught up)

weird how much yellow is in the pix of the sand company.<Mod Snip>http://www.nugsand.com/foundry-sand/

those employees, current and past, should be checked for RSO's who don't live permanently in the area and therefore don't register there, as well as those with silver vans, and who may have gotten off work near 9-11PM Friday night.

Guess what? I'm really excited (so excited I couldn't sleep). My friend works for the Forestry Service. He was mapping out some stuff yesterday (timber, deer) when I asked about his software which was super...He gave me the disc bc he doesn't need it anymore! He said the software costs $15,000! So, I'm doing the tutorial today! I hope I can learn to use it well enough to help in these types of situations! The software is called arcgis.

Exactly, that's why I am confused as to why the locals picked this park to search first. Sure, he could've circled back around, but I would think it would be better to start with a park that is in the direction in which the vehicle was last seen heading.

It was because someone reported gunshots and a siver or gray van in the park.

and the sand company. I've never heard of a sand company. what do they do? could the perp work(ed) there?

Oh, I guess they work with the oil fracking industry. wasn't there another woman teacher who was abducted and killed in MI by a local oil worker?

Nugent Sand has been in the area for years and years. I don't know what they do exactly, but they were here before fracking came to town. I know that a lot of the foundries (foundrys?) around here use sand casting to make automobile and other parts. They may provide sand for that, among other things.

I don't know that there would be people from out of town working there, but it makes sense that there would be trucks and possibly trains coming in and out to pick it up for delivery. The "F", if you believe that stuff, could stand for foundry. Just a thought.

weird how much yellow is in the pix of the sand company.<Mod Snip>http://www.nugsand.com/foundry-sand/

those employees, current and past, should be checked for RSO's who don't live permanently in the area and therefore don't register there, as well as those with silver vans, and who may have gotten off work near 9-11PM Friday night.

I think this is worth checking out.

You guys are grasping at straws here

The gunshots were due to the opening day of turkey hunting season..

He didn't take her to the dunes that night, why go through the trouble for 10 minutes and dump her there?

No...he took her back to a house or a room....somewhere quiet

I hate when I have nothing to post...it gives me the feeling that the trail is going cold...I hope that's not the case here.

ok...here's a thought.

Are there a lot of turkey hunters out now? Has the regular turkey hunting season begun? I think, IIRC, that it was special permit hunting the saturday after she went missing? I assume a license is required for such hunting, perhaps LE should do a reverse 911 call to those with turkey hunting license to ask them to keep their eye out for anything suspicious. Or, is there another way to reach the hunters?

He didn't take her to the dunes that night, why go through the trouble for 10 minutes and dump her there?

I think it was more a case of wondering if he could have pulled over somewhere closeby to better secure Jessica in the van before heading wherever he was going.

We sure are, we do a lot of that when there is absolutely nothing to go on and we are desperately trying to find someone who may still be alive.

Nobody can say definitively what the perp may or may not have done, where he may or may not have gone, it is aaaalll speculation here. We know absolutely nothing. All ideas are worth checking out. All ideas are welcome. At this point, I don't think there is such a thing as a bad idea. Especially after considering different possibilities day and night for over a week...

Why go through the trouble and dump her? Because thats what many of them do. Not sure how many cases you've studied...

I hate when I have nothing to post...it gives me the feeling that the trail is going cold...I hope that's not the case here.

ok...here's a thought.

Are there a lot of turkey hunters out now? Has the regular turkey hunting season begun? I think, IIRC, that it was special permit hunting the saturday after she went missing? I assume a license is required for such hunting, perhaps LE should do a reverse 911 call to those with turkey hunting license to ask them to keep their eye out for anything suspicious. Or, is there another way to reach the hunters?

Quite honestly, I can't believe there is anyone in this area who isn't aware of the case, the POI sketch and the van. Posters are plastered at gas stations, restaurants, on peoples car windows...it's on tv, radio, the internet. I don't see LE bothering to inform hunters. I can't remember anything that has ever affected this community like this. It's almost like you see when a natural disaster hits, or something like Boston. While there are some real dumbasses around here for sure, mostly everyone is working toward bringing Jessica home. Not only do we all want this for Jessica and her family, but we all have to live, work and go to school here. We want this creep behind bars.

Sorry..didn't mean to get off on a tangent. Unless you are here, though, I don't think you can understand the saturation.

This guy took a huge risk...He didn't just kill her and dump her in the dunes 20 minutes after he grabbed her

This guy took a huge risk...He didn't just kill her and dump her in the dunes 20 minutes after he grabbed her

We don't know that he did or didn't do this. We don't know anything. Things happen in many cases shortly after the time of abduction, and often close to the abduction site.

Every place close by needs to be searched, for her clothing, anything...even if they were once at a location, it doesn't mean they are there now. But they could have stopped there. And for all we know he could have left her there. We just don't know, nobody can say anything definitively. All I know is all ideas are welcome; one never knows. I personally think the sand dunes are a GREAT idea.

With the amount of fishing that occurred in the rivers this weekend, I'm a little surprised nothing has come up

Which leads me to lean more towards thinking of him hiding her on his own property

You think that because you have no idea what location you are looking at, besides whats on the map.

I live and grew up in Muskegon....The dunes are definitely not an ideal location to hide someone, and there isn't an ideal location after 11pm at night to park to hide a body, all parking lots are apart of closed parks and are patrolled after hours

The police work on tips. My understanding is that they have received over 1000 of them.
I have received a call from an officer on a tip I gave them. They follow them all up.Any one of these tips could lead to Jessica. Good websleuthing!

You think that because you have no idea what location you are looking at, besides whats on the map.

I live and grew up in Muskegon....The dunes are definitely not an ideal location to hide someone, and there isn't an ideal location after 11pm at night to park to hide a body, all parking lots are apart of closed parks and are patrolled after hours

Absolutely, I am not local. You have local insight, which is invaluable and appreciated.

Indeed!

These types of comparisons are vital, imo...
Cases for study & reference in establishing a possible profile:

Holy Bobo
Mickey
Deborah Poe

Any others you can think of where studying the perp's actions could be useful? Not to get off topic, but I'm interested in how long from abduction time to stop time (in a vehicle), and where they go.

ARS drove around the nieghborhood for a bit before returning to his house dwon the road from Jessica's (Ridgeway). He was young and inexperienced, I think, compared to this perp.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the Kelli Bordeaux case out of Fayetteville, NC. She's a young 20s, petite, blond soldier that went missing in April 2012.
She was out Friday night at a neighborhood bar. On her way home, between there and her apartment less than a mile away, she vanished. She has not been found. There are details I'm not getting into as, for the purpose of this post, they don't matter.

LE informed the public that they had developed a victim's profile on Kelli that gave them information about her personality. This is an area of specialty police work. The vicitm profile was a new concept to me (there's a touchy idea about anything said about the victim isn't holding true to being victim friendly, so why would LE need to know anything about the victim because, afterall, they're the victim and are not to blame for what happened to them phenomenon.). As it turns out, LE wants to know facts about the victim - their personality type, lifestyle, risks they are willing to take and/or routinely took, if they lean towards thinking they are invincible. Before anyone gets upset with me, this is what I've learned from LE's investigation. Their purpose isn't to blame the victim. It's an effort to profile the victim to help see, picture, define what may have happened to the victim by highlighting their vulnerablities and ego type/boundaries. This helps get an idea of who they may have attracked and why.

The above description is to help point out a commonality that's been mentioned between these two young women. One is that everyone who knew Kelli said she was outgoing, fearless, friendly, bold, brave - not a shrinking violet type. Although small, she was tough, smart and considered a leader type. She was talkative and an equal opportunity type of person (those are my words, meaning she wasn't judgmental and would probably give most people the benefit of the doubt).

We haven't heard too much about Jessica but we know her grandpa called her scrappy (she's a fighter) and her mother stated that Jessica felt she could take care of herself. SH was not to worry about bad people getting to Jessica when working alone at night. Also noted, is that Jessica is friendly, outgoing, helpful, talkative and possibly an equally trusting person as noted above about Kelli.

These are my amateur observations in the area of victim profiling but, since the topic is interesting imo, thought I'd make this post. Also, my posts are basically rough drafts. Please forgive bad sentence structure and other errors or I'd be here all day. :blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member