Anyone else having problems?

shopper

Reaction score
I hate to bother Trisha with this but I cannot figure out what's going on with the site, if it's just my computer or what.

1. When I log in and check "remember me", it doesn't. I have to log in everytime and I've never had to do that. No biggie, but just puzzling since it's never been a problem.

2. I can't read past the first page on any thread.

3. I have my settings to show the threads in linear mode but it shows the tree at the top.

None of these things has ever happened to me before today. Any suggestions?

It sounds like it might be a cookie thing....did you clear cookies recently?

It sounds like it might be a cookie thing....did you clear cookies recently?

No, not in the last week. But I went to my user cp to double check that all my settings were the same and they are. My dh couldn't figure it out either, he's the computer expert. He told me to email the admin but again, I don't want to bother Trisha.

:confused:

In the name of all that is Holy, please let it be just your cookies.

Please clean out your cookies, come back when you have done this and tell us if it fixed the problem.

I think I'll go sit in the corner now and chew my arms off up to the shoulder. That will make me feel better. :D

I used to be able to highlight, then right-click and copy what I was posting (from the reply window) and that doesn't work now. To me it's no biggie so I'm not bothering Trisha either.... but since you asked... lol.

I used to be able to highlight, then right-click and copy what I was posting (from the reply window) and that doesn't work now. To me it's no biggie so I'm not bothering Trisha either.... but since you asked... lol.

Guys, this is a good thread to put up any problems you may be having with the new software. That way I can send this thread to the vBulletin guy.

I have no problem with anyone tellling me there is a problem. I do want to know.

Thank you all so much for your patience. The problems may take a while to fix but they will get fixed. Eventually. :)

This morning I was having an issue moving deeper into the site pages, but tonight everything is fine. I didn't do anything to fix it except go to work and take a nap:rolleyes:

In the name of all that is Holy, please let it be just your cookies.

Please clean out your cookies, come back when you have done this and tell us if it fixed the problem.

I think I'll go sit in the corner now and chew my arms off up to the shoulder. That will make me feel better. :D

:doh: I feel like an idiot, and so much for dh the "expert". I cleared my cookies and that did the trick.

Sorry to have caused you worry Trisha.:eek:

:doh: I feel like an idiot, and so much for dh the "expert". I cleared my cookies and that did the trick.

Sorry to have caused you worry Trisha.:eek:

Glad ya got it fixed shopper.....I just hope Trisha still has her arms LOL.

The same exact issue is happening to me as Shopper posted.

I keep getting logged out for no reason and I checked remember me.

Its been like this all day.. I must have logged in 10 times although I never left or logged out.

LOL! :doh:

I never knew that you were so funny Tricia;)

You have a laconic "Bombeck" style when you write. I absolutely love it.

"When humor goes, there goes civilization."- Erma Bombeck

One other thing, I just noticed I've been calling Tricia "Trisha". WTH? It's like I can't read or spell. So I want to apologize to you TRICIA, even though you obviously have bigger problems but it's totally rude to keep misspelling someone's name over and over.

One other thing, I just noticed I've been calling Tricia "Trisha". WTH? It's like I can't read or spell. So I want to apologize to you TRICIA, even though you obviously have bigger problems but it's totally rude to keep misspelling someone's name over and over.

And I just copied it right off of you, knowing very well that her name is Tricia. :doh: Apologies from me as well, Tricia.

Just also wanted to post that I did clear out cookies and files etc. before posting and the copying from the reply page still didn't work for me.

I hate to bother Trisha with this but I cannot figure out what's going on with the site, if it's just my computer or what.

1. When I log in and check "remember me", it doesn't. I have to log in everytime and I've never had to do that. No biggie, but just puzzling since it's never been a problem.

2. I can't read past the first page on any thread.

3. I have my settings to show the threads in linear mode but it shows the tree at the top.

None of these things has ever happened to me before today. Any suggestions?
I had this problem earlier in the day but it seems to have resolved itself.

I don't know if this is the way the new system works
but everytime I try to edit my posts
I have to log in again.

Is this happening to anyone else?
It's not a big deal though and thank you so much, Tricia
for getting W/S back up and running.

And I just copied it right off of you, knowing very well that her name is Tricia. :doh: Apologies from me as well, Tricia.

Just also wanted to post that I did clear out cookies and files etc. before posting and the copying from the reply page still didn't work for me.

It's one of those brain fart things I guess. I know a girl named Trisha so I guess that's why I kept spelling it that way, even though I'd just looked at Tricia's name.

:slap: to self.

While WS was down several of my sleuther friends and I were emailing back and forth. We noticed that when we tried to get WS up, we got a white screen with black writing stating something about an argument and cookies. Hence, we called it The Cookie Wars. I am so glad there is now peace amongst the cookies.

Lion

suggestions?

This was happening to me yesterday as well. It turned out to be my security software! (I have verizon internet security suite) What I did was I went to every place that I had WS as a safe site (cookies, pop-up blocker etc.) deleted it and then re-added it and it took care of it for me.

BTW-you have to 'allow' cookies for WS for the remember me function to work.

I can't read or spell either...LOL

We love you TRICIA!

It's one of those brain fart things I guess. I know a girl named Trisha so I guess that's why I kept spelling it that way, even though I'd just looked at Tricia's name.

:slap: to self.

Hey you guys, absolutely no big deal at all. I swear I didn't notice.

I answer to "HEY YOU" all the time so no worries.

Ok, it seems that the problems are individual in nature.

Try clearing cookies and checking your security settings.

If it still doesn't work post about it here and I'll have my vBulletin guy take a look.

Loveyarightbackatcha

Tricia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong