GUILTY GA - Dominique 'Nique' Leili, 44, Lawrenceville, 9 July 2011

I'm sorry but you wait 2 days to declare your wife missing and then 2 days after that you file for divorce? Really??? I hope her family can get the kids away from this guy.

I'm sorry but you wait 2 days to declare your wife missing and then 2 days after that you file for divorce? Really??? I hope her family can get the kids away from this guy.

I agree with you, sue4141. How many people would head to an attorney about a divorce rather than engaging in search activities a few days after her/his spouse disappears? Go figure!

mopo (my own personal opinion)

I don't know why there has not been that much news about this but it sounds very much like the husband was involved.

Per this article:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...heds-Light-on-Nique-Leili-Case-20110719-pm-sd

She called 911 on June 28, saying her husband wouldn't allow her to leave the house. He got on the phone with the 911 operator to say his wife was just throwing a "temper tantrum." She told the operator she would just stay home all day, and LE that went to the house decided nothing physical was going on so they didn't do anything.

It also says the husband and his lawyer were supposed to meet LE on Monday but didn't show up.

Per this article:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...heds-Light-on-Nique-Leili-Case-20110719-pm-sd

She called 911 on June 28, saying her husband wouldn't allow her to leave the house. He got on the phone with the 911 operator to say his wife was just throwing a "temper tantrum." She told the operator she would just stay home all day, and LE that went to the house decided nothing physical was going on so they didn't do anything.

It also says the husband and his lawyer were supposed to meet LE on Monday but didn't show up.

bbm

According to this article, ".... Responding officers spoke to both sides individually and advised them of family violence laws. Neither wanted to leave .."

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/home/headlines/Questions_loom_in_homicide_125864643.html

Nique's daughter, parents, sister and a friend talk "openly about her life and death in a desperate fight to make sure their loved one isn't forgotten". They say little about Nique's husband because of the "ongoing criminal investigation".

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/198945/40/Justice-for-Nique

I keep wondering about Nique's two younger daughters. As yet I've read nothing indicating they've had any contact with their maternal grandparents, their older sister (Alex from Nique's previous marriage) or their aunt since their Mother's death. Nor have I read that they attended the candlelight vigil or memorial service for their Mother. What was their relationship with their grandparents and sister before, who besides their father is providing support to them now, what questions may be going through their minds? Thoughts of these two young girls and how they are doing keeps coming to my mind.

The husband and daughter of Nique Leili "will hold separate memorial ceremonies for her as part of an unusual agreement reached Monday."
"The settlement averted a showdown between the two in probate court that had been scheduled for 8:30 a.m. Tuesday."

Per this article, the husband is still the "only suspect" named at this point in this case.

It is also reported that the maternal grandfather has filed for custody of, or visitation with, the two younger daughters of Nique and Matt Leili, and that hearing is scheduled for Aug. 15th.

http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/father-daughter-to-hold-1045815.html

Bumping-do we have any locals here who can give us an update? I am not seeing any further information regarding this terrible tragedy. :(

Police, however, continue to treat the case of Dominique Leili, a mother of three, as a homicide.

Matthew John Leili, the woman's estranged husband, also remains a suspect, police spokesman Cpl. Jake Smith told the AJC on Wednesday.

Smith, however, would not identify or discuss any other possible suspects in the case.

“He is still a suspect among suspects,” Smith said. “Beyond that I can’t really say.”

The death certificate released Tuesday said the cause was inconclusive but that the medical examiner could not rule out homicide by strangulation or asphyxiation.

“That does not tell us anything that we didn’t know, and it doesn’t bring us any closer to any charge against anyone,” Smith said.

Despite the autopsy results, police said the investigation into the 44-year-old woman's death continues.

“It is active,” Smith said of the case. “It has not been moved to cold case. The lead detective still works that case every day.”
http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/how-gwinnett-mom-died-1260260.html

another snip from my link I posted:

Amy Elk of Loganville, Dominique Leili’s sister, said a judge this week granted their parents visitation rights to see the Leilis’ two youngest daughters.

Elk, however, said it was her understanding that the father and two children were planning to move to Vermont, where Matthew Leili has family.

Matt is the only suspect. He was abusive to Nique and to the children. He thinks he has outsmarted law enforcement. Not to mention GCPD has made so many mistakes on this case.

Matt is the only suspect. He was abusive to Nique and to the children. He thinks he has outsmarted law enforcement. Not to mention GCPD has made so many mistakes on this case.

Sounds as though you may know this family ---- true? It is so disheartening to read that months later LE seems no closer to solving this case. (my own personal opinion).

Dominique "Nique" Chatham Leili

Nique disappeared after an arguement with Matt on July 8,2011 .
Her body was found July , 16th 2011 5 minutes after the search started.

Matt took down all posters that were hung to help find her .
He filed for divorce 2 days after she went missing .
He never once tried to help or be cooperative with police. He has yet to be interviewed by police. (he refuses)

The only thing she took with her was her toothbrush.
No car, keys, money,cell phone or clothing. She was worried about oral hygine but not her children.

He had been abusive in the past . He was abusive to his ex wife.

There is a 911 call from a few weeks prior where Nique needed help.
Authorities say Nique Leili called 911 on June 28 at 6:47 a.m. 911 from the home she shared with her husband on Sydney's Cove.

Two weeks later, Matthew Leili reported his wife missing, and a few days later, he filed for divorce, citing cruel treatment. Five days after she was reported missing, Nique Leili’s body was discovered near the entrance to their subdivision after a search by family and friends on Saturday.

July 11, 2011 -- Matt Leili, the woman's husband, reported her missing to police. Leili told police his wife was missing since July 9, 2011, but didn't report her missing until two days later.

July 12, 2011 -- Gwinnett County Police assign the missing persons case to a homicide detective.

July 13, 2011 -- Matt Leili filed divorce papers in Gwinnett County Superior Court even though his wife was still missing.

July 15, 2011 -- The Gwinnett County detective went to the Leili's home to interview Matt Leili and the couple's two daughters, ages 12 and 9. Leili told the detective he had hired an attorney and neither he nor his two children would answer questions.

July 16, 2011 -- Nique Leili's 19-year old daughter from a previous marriage organized a search for her mother. Less than an hour after the search started, a body was found in a wooded area not far from the Leili's home.

During this entire week she was missing Matt did everything in his power to prevent a search from happening.

http://lawrenceville.11alive.com/ne...ique-leilis-husband-plans-move-family-vermont

He plans on moving to VT with his brother. It is my understanding he already has a lady friend

There are so many details I can't share at this time still hoping GCSD get their act together and stops this monster!

She needs more media coverage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back