Found Deceased NH - Celina Cass, 11, Stewartstown, 25 July 2011 # 2 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Debbie Whelan, who dialed 911 after Celina's older sister Kayla went to her house looking for the missing girl Tuesday morning, said community residents continue to pray for her return even as unsettling thoughts enter their minds.

Whelan, who has six girls, several of whom go to school with Celina, said the 11-year-old never would've run away because she was too timid. Because of that, Whelan and many others believe someone went to the home to take her away.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/2...-missing-new-hampshire-girl-11/#ixzz1TXmXnWKI

See, I was under the impression that the family called 911, but THIS story said the sister went looking for her and then a FRIEND called. That's a BIG difference! (To me anyway!)

"they will have to pay for it themselves" is not true when it comes to prescriptions issued by a properly licensed VA healthcare provider. More information on this subject may be found at: www.va.gov

My husband's meds are not free, he does have to pay a percentage of them. Nothing like he would have to pay out of pocket if he didn't get VA benefits.

All these benefits may come to a screeching halt next month, though, along with SS and Medicare, unless the fat cats in Washington can come to an agreement.

Debbie Whelan, who dialed 911 after Celina's older sister Kayla went to her house looking for the missing girl Tuesday morning, said community residents continue to pray for her return even as unsettling thoughts enter their minds.

Whelan, who has six girls, several of whom go to school with Celina, said the 11-year-old never would've run away because she was too timid. Because of that, Whelan and many others believe someone went to the home to take her away.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/2...-missing-new-hampshire-girl-11/#ixzz1TXmXnWKI

See, I was under the impression that the family called 911, but THIS story said the sister went looking for her and then a FRIEND called. That's a BIG difference! (To me anyway!)

Yes I agree. Doesn't it say A LOT about a family if a friends' parent reports her missing and not her own family. All the articles say how very close she is to her sister and that CC is so shy that she won't even talk to someone she doesn't know but looks to her sister to see if she should answer a question from someone not known to her.

i cannot speak to blue tooth, designer clothes or shoes, salon done hair, jewelry, tattoos, body peircings because i have none of those things, but i do have internet due to my kind neighbors who know i am poor and allow me to connect to their wifi. also a lot of school children are being given laptops with internet access as part of their school experience. not saying its the case here, but just because a person has internet does not necessarily mean they can afford to pay for it. i also have a simple cell phone on my dd's plan that she pays 10$ a month for. what i do not have is gas bc the winter was so cold and my gas bill just got too high for me to afford. because of that i am roughing it this summer by setting tubs of water out in the sun to get warm so i can wash my hair. i have also lost 10 pounds while waiting for my food stamps to come in. but you would never ever see me on television feeling sorry for myself or asking for help.
:blowkiss:

I've been living for months without a water heater or dryer. I have loads of large glass bottles of water that the sun heats, and my electric bill is SO much lower by me using a clothesline (remember those?). It's kinda rewarding to live more simply.

Who's on TV feeling sorry for themself/selves and asking for help? I'm catching up on the thread...

Not sure if anyone knows this information but thought I would put it out there. Maybe the marriage of WN and LN is one of medical, state or federal benefits. I know some people get married so that they can get the others medical benefits or such. When I read WN facebook I thought maybe the two just have an open relationship and they do their "own thing" but live together as friends for help and medical benefits. The Colebrook Chronicle I would think gives the most accurate information because they are local people reporting. That publication says that there are four people living in the apartment, his son and her daughter CC. How old is his son? Has anyone found out information about him?

Kiln, thank you for sharing your story and please tell your husband thank you so much for his courageous service. And bless your heart too. :grouphug:

Yes, the woman Debbie Whelan is quoted as saying she was the one who called when the sister came to her place looking for CC.

I wonder about that story. That seems curious to me - if a neighbor kid came over saying hey my 11 year old sister is gone this morning, is she over here by chance? I wouldn't take it upon myself to call 911. I'd say no she's not here, ask my 6 daughters do they know how to get hold of her, can they think of where she could be, could they call a couple friends and see, and then later go by the house to see if she'd been found yet. I wouldn't call 911 - did she have other fears, I wonder - a history of being concerned about that household? I really can't imagine calling 911 in this situation rather than allowing the family to do it. There must be something more that Debbie was keying on.

Regarding the 911 call, it is possible that more than one person called. It has been reported that the SF called and reported that Debbie Whalen called.

Oh, they are interviewing the Stepbrother on the news. He looks to be 18 or so. He said he loves her and misses her and wants her to come home. He says his dad has changed a lot since his restraining order and wouldn't hurt anyone now.

I wonder about that story. That seems curious to me - if a neighbor kid came over saying hey my 11 year old sister is gone this morning, is she over here by chance? I wouldn't take it upon myself to call 911. I'd say no she's not here, ask my 6 daughters do they know how to get hold of her, can they think of where she could be, could they call a couple friends and see, and then later go by the house to see if she'd been found yet. I wouldn't call 911 - did she have other fears, I wonder - a history of being concerned about that household? I really can't imagine calling 911 in this situation rather than allowing the family to do it. There must be something more that Debbie was keying on.

Or perhaps the sister conveyed HER concern and the lack of the parents... that would be another reason I would step in (as a neighbor) and call.

Oh, they are interviewing the Stepbrother on the news. He looks to be 18 or so. He said he loves her and misses her and wants her to come home. He says his dad has changed a lot since his restraining order and wouldn't hurt anyone now.

Okay, so that IS a stepbrother, instead of half brother as was speculated before. Do you have a link to the interview?

Thank you for making Celina a spotlight case!!! :blowkiss:

Local news? Are u nearby? Thanks.

Or perhaps the sister conveyed HER concern and the lack of the parents... that would be another reason I would step in (as a neighbor) and call.

I'm trying to think of how deep the level of distrust/disdain I'd have to have for the family before I'd do that, knowing the parents are right there and capable of calling themselves. If the girl had said "and my parents are out of town", I'd call after asking around a bit and going by the house to check on things. I just think there must have been a really deep level of concern about that family that made her usurp the parent responsibilities here. And maybe justified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500