GUILTY NE - Four killed in Omaha crime spree, Nikko Jenkins charged, Aug 2013

His sister was arrested at a rental car location in town...hmm if your in town why do you need a rental car?

Omaha police stopped Jenkins' sister, Erica Jenkins, Thursday afternoon near Budget Rent-A-Car on Abbott Drive and arrested her for felony criminal mischief out of Sarpy County.

Nikko Jenkins was arrested around 8 p.m. Thursday at the Tudor Apartments, in the area of 108th and W. Maple.

Sources are looking at whether the bullets that killed Kruger match those in the murders of ...(snip)

http://www.wowt.com/news/headlines/Man-To-Be-Questioned-In-Kruger-Murder-221787031.html

Just a couple things I pulled from the article. Is it stated somewhere that NJ actually lived at those apartments, or just that they arrested him there? Also, it states his sister was arrested near a car rental agency.

I have been following this thread since last week and decided to chime in. I live in the neighborhood just south of the intersection where Andrea was found. I haven't been able to stop thinking about this every day-I think just being a mother and having it happen so close to home is especially upsetting.

Anyway, I have talked with locals, including a neighbor who drove through the exact intersection (going the opposite way-south) and stopped at McDonald's and *advertiser censored* & Go all within 10 minutes before Andrea was shot. She is familiar with the cashier at *advertiser censored* & Go and said that LE had been asking about a man & woman and showing the cashier photos of the two. I found this especially interesting given the new development of the women that may be associated with this Nikko Jenkins.

All along I have felt this was not random (and I guess I probably wanted to believe it wasn't), but it looks like it may be going that way. If that's the case, my neighbor is one lucky lady, considering she is an attractive, young woman who was alone in the exact same places as Andrea within 10 minutes of her murder.

The following are the few things that have struck me most:

1. Since police identified her before talking to family, Andrea must have had ID on her or her purse at the scene. This seemed unusual if it was a robbery.
2. If it was someone that knew her and was targeting her they would have had to been in contact with her that night to know she was heading home from work earlier than normal.
3. It seems that the suspects must have been in her car. Why else would they drive it away and try to burn it? If someone was waiting for her at the intersection just to shoot her, they wouldn't have had any reason to take her car. It seems most likely that the suspect/s got in her car at the *advertiser censored* & Go.
4. It seemed strange that her body was left there. If it was some kind of serial killer sicko/stalker who wanted to assault her why wouldn't they have taken her out into the country. Even if she tried to jump out and then was shot, I would think someone more calculating would have tried to dump her body elsewhere.
5. Again with her body being left there with ID, it seemed that someone was either trying to make a statement (if it was some sort of planned hit) or someone was acting rashly and freaked out when things didn't go as planned.

With the short time period, and what seems to be so much evidence (surveillance, her car, etc.) I am surprised that no arrest has been made-I guess I watch too many tv shows where they give us neat and tidy answers in no time :)

I hope this is solved soon to give everyone some closure. Her family and children are in my prayers.

This is the first I have heard Andrea had ID on her? Was this reported in the news?

:welcome3::welcome5::Welcome1::welcome2:

Welcome to all the new posters:

Kimbertaberski, DisturbedinOmaha, Citizen, Misskitty77, Husker, SadToo

Hope I've gotten everyone

It hasn't been reported that she had ID, but she must have, because police were waiting down the street from her home. Remember, her husband said when he got in his car after hearing the news report, the police stopped him about a block from his home. So, LE had identified her and knew her address.

It hasn't been reported that she had ID, but she must have, because police were waiting down the street from her home. Remember, her husband said when he got in his car after hearing the news report, the police stopped him about a block from his home. So, LE had identified her and knew her address.

That would have been on Ford Road where this happened a mile or so down that road. A road block would have been set up to redirect traffic. That whole intersection was a crime scene involving a death. No cars would have been able to pass so the road block he ran into was more than likely to redirect traffic. LE does not block off a road to a family member, they notify them by sending an officer to the home as soon as they have an ID on the victim. This happened before 3am and her husband was not aware of what happened until after 6am. It should not have taken LE 3 hours to notify her husband had she had an ID on her. jmo

Where she was shot. (A very bravado statement)
How she was found
Hearing that her purse might have been left very close and he didn't force her to withdraw $
The car was not stripped
No assault

...........all led me to believe that whomever killed her was a professional and murder was his intent.

If it ends up being him it could have been anyone in her shoes at that hour of the morning. No stopping that level of evil.

Since it has not been reported by police that her ID was found, how about the vehicle's registration and proof of insurance? I would think that both would have been found in the glove compartment. If so, maybe LE at least had a pretty good idea who she was.

For that matter when LE arrived at the scene, I'm sure one of the first things they did is run a check on the plates.

Since it has not been reported by police that her ID was found, how about the vehicle's registration and proof of insurance? I would think that both would have been found in the glove compartment. If so, maybe LE at least had a pretty good idea who she was.

For that matter when LE arrived at the scene, I'm sure one of the first things they did is run a check on the plates.

They did not find her car, I believe, until 6pm that night.

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news...ong/-/9674510/21567622/-/fnojv4z/-/index.html

In this interview the husband says he was stopped a block from his house. They live approximately 2 miles from the crime scene. The road was only blocked off a few blocks around the intersection (I live right there). It seems to me that the police were basically sitting down the street from her house waiting.

And they didn't find her car until that evening.

So, again she must have had ID on or near her.

They did not find her car, I believe, until 6pm that night.

You know LambChop, I knew that! My bad for that post. Was finishing up supper when I commented. Not going to do that anymore. Here on out I'll make sure I have 100% of my brain in check before I comment.:banghead:

http://www.ketv.com/news/local-news...ong/-/9674510/21567622/-/fnojv4z/-/index.html

In this interview the husband says he was stopped a block from his house. They live approximately 2 miles from the crime scene. The road was only blocked off a few blocks around the intersection (I live right there). It seems to me that the police were basically sitting down the street from her house waiting.

And they didn't find her car until that evening.

So, again she must have had ID on or near her.

Again, what would they be waiting for? They had no suspects and this was the fourth random shooting within a few days of each other that they were dealing with which involved the victim being shot in the head. Her own mother was not aware she had been killed until that morning. It is standard procedure to notify next of kin before they hear it on the news and there would have been no reason to withhold her identification from the family if they had identified her immediately. And didn't the husband say that he told police he knew it was his wife. If LE knew her ID the husband wouldn't have had to tell LE it was his wife. So it has not been proven as a fact that LE identified her right away. jmo

You know LambChop, I knew that! My bad for that post. Was finishing up supper when I commented. Not going to do that anymore. Here on out I'll make sure I have 100% of my brain in check before I comment.:banghead:

LOL. Yes, I know. Sometimes you go racing through these threads and you say to yourself.....where am I? What case is this?? No, that was the other case before this one. It happens, no problem.

I live about 40 miles southwest of Omaha, but am very familiar with Omaha. I know they have a fair amount of crime, like everywhere. But these back to back killings in just a matter of days is so frightening.

I hope we have an answer soon if the gun used is the same used in the other murders. It is heartbreaking that this had to happen. Andrea was taken way too soon and for what? If it turns out that Jenkins is responsible, this was so random and anyone could have fallen prey this monster. It's horrifying!!

My deepest sympathy to Andrea's entire family, friends, and all who were blessed to know her.

DisturbedinOmaha is right about this one (I live very near all this too). Again, he did not run into the police road block or the blocked off intersection of the crime scene. The Kruger home is 24 blocks east, 3-4 blocks north and then another 2-3 blocks west again from the crime scene. The pointing he did on camera was to the east, to the east entrance of their neighborhood. That is at least 27-28 blocks away from the crime scene.

This is a fact -- I am not sleuthing anyone. Just clearing up, once and for all, no question about it, that he was not stopped at the crime scene. He was stopped a block from his home, which was 27-28 blocks away from the crime scene.

Whew -- that was a mouthful. :)

She had her purse and cell phone by her when she was found. This was not an attempted robbery. These people wanted her dead. She was shot several times in the back and once in the head so obviously she was trying to get away. I do believe that it was random in the sense that the scumbags spotted her, saw she was alone, and decided to act.

Was she seen getting out of her car at the *advertiser censored* & Go? If someone got in her car while she was inside, it would be on the surveillance tape right? But if no one was in her backseat then what made her get out of her car?

So many questions, so little answers :( Such a sad, terrible, horrific story.

She had her purse and cell phone by her when she was found. This was not an attempted robbery. These people wanted her dead. She was shot several times in the back and once in the head so obviously she was trying to get away. I do believe that it was random in the sense that the scumbags spotted her, saw she was alone, and decided to act.

Was she seen getting out of her car at the *advertiser censored* & Go? If someone got in her car while she was inside, it would be on the surveillance tape right? But if no one was in her backseat then what made her get out of her car?

So many questions, so little answers :( Such a sad, terrible, horrific story.

Do you have a link which states that they found her purse and cell phone with her or a link to that information. I have not seen that as of yet. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back