TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #2

Thank you all for continuing to keep Jennifer and Adrianna in your thoughts and in your hearts.................Please continue to write your letters of support to media and local law officials. I just know that one day, the right person will get a letter and it will make all the difference in the world! Then we will get the help we need to bring them home to their family. Thank you again!

Glad you checked in, Kathy! Haven't heard from you in awhile and I was getting concerned! :blowkiss:

Question for you sleuthers out there....What do you think of this?

We had a Topix thread going for two years. The Bentons were frequent commentors on the thread, along with family of friends of the girls and other interested parties. About a month or so ago, most of the thread "disappeared". Just before that event, the Bentons had stopped their comments.

What do you think of that?

I emailed topix to ask why the thread is not open. I mean,you can access the last page or so, but the majority of the over 7000 posts are not there.

I asked if police asked for print outs. I asked if someone had complained.
I do not know if I will receive an answer or not, but at least they know
people are wondering.

And the Benton's. No posts for a month, which is very strange as they could not keep themselves from responding.

Anyone local here know if maybe there is an illness in the family or legal action or they went on vacation?

Who is the law enforcement agency in charge today?
Is it Robertson Cty Sheriff? or FBI? or TBI?

Who is the detective in charge?

Dreamweaver, I wrote to Topix way back when the posts first disappeared and never rec'd a response. Hopefully with your more specific questions, you will hear from them.

Det. Bennett from the Robertson County Sheriff's Dept. is still the person in charge.

http://www.robertsonsheriff.com/

I created a banner not too long ago for the Wix family and have been Twittering for awareness. This is a truly sad case.

Banner:
JenniferandAdriannaWixMISSINGTN2004.jpg

Dreamweaver, I wrote to Topix way back when the posts first disappeared and never rec'd a response. Hopefully with your more specific questions, you will hear from them.

Det. Bennett from the Robertson County Sheriff's Dept. is still the person in charge.

http://www.robertsonsheriff.com/
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I was checking the TN missing children list and Adrianna is not on it.
Why is that?

Joey B's story:
There could be an element of truth in his first statements:
I read in articles,
he drove her to a drugstore, but it was closed.
Then he drove her to the Exxon station and dropped the two of them off,
but he waited around to see what would happen and he says they got into
a white car and left.

If there was even a smidge of truth in that statement, is it that
he did drop them off in that area of town?
The Exxon gas station dumpster?
Or across the street from the Exxon station, where they were supposedly picked up by the white car person?
Or even the closed drugstore area?

I do not know that town at all.
Do any locals think that this could have happened?

Joey B, from all accounts, does not strike me as a person who would
work hard digging a hole in the ground.
(I am thinking of CA, Orlando, FL)

But might have just taken the easiest possible way out of trouble he caused.

Unless the property has old wells or sinkholes or old septics or old outhouses or
caves or old barns with flooring that could be taken up.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNPORTL1&month=3&day=25&year=2004
Weather that day in 2004. Not too bad.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I was checking the TN missing children list and Adrianna is not on it.
Why is that?

Which list are you looking at, Dream? I've checked all that I've come across and she's been on them?:confused:

I sure hope they didn't take her OFF anything!!!!

Joey B's story:
There could be an element of truth in his first statements:
I read in articles,
he drove her to a drugstore, but it was closed.
Then he drove her to the Exxon station and dropped the two of them off,
but he waited around to see what would happen and he says they got into
a white car and left.

If there was even a smidge of truth in that statement, is it that
he did drop them off in that area of town?
The Exxon gas station dumpster?
Or across the street from the Exxon station, where they were supposedly picked up by the white car person?
Or even the closed drugstore area?

I do not know that town at all.
Do any locals think that this could have happened?

I've written Kathy and asked her to come in and help me answer questions for you :) I'll do my best in the meantime.

Joey has changed his story a couple of times. However, he seems to have stuck to the Exxon drop-off story. The person(s) working there say they did not see Jenn and Nina nor did they see the white car.

Something that has always been in my mind and only mine is that Jenn told Kathy (or her aunt...can't remember which for sure) that she and Joey had been fighting, but Joey was planning on taking her and Nina for a picnic. I'd love to know where he would have planned on picnicing...has always been on my mind....

Joey B, from all accounts, does not strike me as a person who would
work hard digging a hole in the ground.
(I am thinking of CA, Orlando, FL)

But might have just taken the easiest possible way out of trouble he caused.

Unless the property has old wells or sinkholes or old septics or old outhouses or
caves or old barns with flooring that could be taken up.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KTNPORTL1&month=3&day=25&year=2004
Weather that day in 2004. Not too bad.

There were some posters on the Topix thread that seem to have agreed with you, actually! They made comments that they believe Joey's parents were actually involved in hiding Jenn and Nina...

Remember the family compound consists of many acres. It has NOT been searched completely due to lack of cooperation from Joey's family.

The whole case is just Odd! I can't believe how LE is handleing this case! I have emailed that Det, twice, never got even an acknowledgement that he received either and in fact heard from someone who had called him that he had gotten two rude emails. Since it was with in a day or so of my last email, I have to think he was talking about me and what I emailed was far from rude. Also hard to believe that LE went along with the B's not allowing a through search...they did allow it on certain part of the property just not ALL of the property. It is said that the Grandmother is the "leader" and what she says goes. It is also said that the folks on this compound, exchange properties ( meaning it goes under some one else's name) on a regular basis, apparently to avoid paying taxes for what the value of the property is actually worth? As far as Joey, since this all happened, the word is the parents have kept him close and he has not dated since. (hmmmmm) BUT in the past yr suddenly he works "out of town alot" The topix thread is a true mystery. ( Thankfully we have almost all of it copied) and also very odd that Joe Benton and all his various alias's went poof in the same time frame. Along with various family members. They had all been there daily! Makes you wonder...

On another note concerning LE, This appears to be a "good ole boy" area and TBI won't get involved with out being asked. The Sherriff is a older ( 80's) man who retired as a State Trooper( not sure of rank) and he is a neighbor of the B's. Since Joe B hates LE we have to believe that does not come into the picture BUT, it could. This whole case has been swept under the carpet by LE or so it seems.

There was also a fight with Joey's parents ( when Jenn last talked to her Mother she mentioned that Cindy had screamed and yelled at her and Joe had always been nice but had turned on her) not postive but I think this was the night before they were last heard from. I personally have always thought that some how THIS fight is part of the mystery.

The whole time this poor Mother ( Kathy/Mimi) is left to wonder and worry. It isn't right!

all my own opinions

Almost forgot...........there was also the phone call to Joey's work having him come home early ( which the B family now deny) I think this was the day after the fight I mentioned above.

Another ODD thing....Joe B says that Jenn had made a lot of calls but NONE of those calls could be traced as they were all to prepaid cell phones and had ALL been disconnected..Did SHE is fact make those calls and if so WHY and WHY were they ALL shut off at same time? Keep in mind this is all what Joe B says, no proof Jenn made the calls. But they were all disconnected at same time we do know that.

With prayerbone's permission, here are some links that are being suggested for Leah Freeman's case. The same media outlets can be used for Jenn and Nina! Thank you all!

Prayerbone's links:

Link where people can write to and get more people thinking about this dreadful crime !!

JUSTICE for Leah

America's Most Wanted
http://www.amw.com/contact_us/

Unsolved Mysteries
http://www.unsolved.com/tips.html

Oprah
https://www.oprah.com/ord/plugform.jsp?plugId=216

Dateline NBC
Dateline@NBCUNI.com

Today Show
Today@NBCUNI.com

Geraldo at Large