Legal Arguments - What went on behind Closed Doors?

As hard as it is to accept, I am glad judge Heeney did the right thing according to the law and hopefully prevented a mistrial. MOO
Well, I sure hope the jury comes back with guilty on all counts or no agreement, so there's a mistrial. Nothing else is acceptable.

I see from the tweets they're done for tonight with no verdict. The longer this takes, the worse it looks for justice.

bbl, keep Tori and her loved ones in your prayers and pray for a just verdict :(

Well, MTR should have heard by now he is now the most hated deviant in Canada. MOO

pls pls pls put him in the worst hole in Kingston Pen then send him to Millhaven when it closes. MOO

Exactly what I said. They would have took JG out to the back forty and fixed him good, not target a child.

Yup, that was my personal experience, too - the person in my section who was a serious addict would show up to work with bruises, an elaborate explanation for the bruises and a sudden need to borrow cash.

In some ways, it is just another business. Drug dealer, Enron Exec...it's all about the money.

Well, I sure hope the jury comes back with guilty on all counts or no agreement, so there's a mistrial. Nothing else is acceptable.

I see from the tweets they're done for tonight with no verdict. The longer this takes, the worse it looks for justice.

I figured 4 hours (wishful thinking). So tomorrow morning, fingers are crossed. I do agree that it has to be either or. I can not imagine him getting off. I just can not even stomach the thought.

I still haven't finished getting caught up with all of the reading.... I am SOOOOO angry it is beyond belief !!! There are 12 people being duped in this story.... the JURY !!! I am soooo disgusted with the Justice system in Canada !! I wrote at one other time previously on this board that I am a family member of one of Bernardo and Homolka's victims. I have been praying that this jury gets the verdict right and that BOTH of them are locked up for the rest of their lives. The pain of losing a loved one to this sort of crime never goes away. It is with us for the rest of our lives. Living with the injustice that Homolka walks the streets a free woman, is beyond what any person should have to bear. I cannot promise that if I ever saw her walking down the street and I was driving by that I wouldn't run her down. I pray that the family will see justice !!!

and what is it with these damned defence lawyers ??? For the love of GOD !! I don't know how they sleep at night !!!

If I were in London right now --- I'd be trying to find out where that jury is staying... I'd be burning a candlight vigil and wrapping that courthouse or wherever they are in purple ribbons and balloons - I don't know..... I'm beyond angry.... I'm just about loosing it the more that I read !!! I'm thoroughly DISGUSTED !!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they send a copy of the LFP to Millhaven/Kingston just so they all know who they will be welcoming.

his mother best be telling him to plead guilty on all 3 counts. But she won't. MOO

But among his episodes of Young and Restless, Rafferty left a computer record of frighteningly unhealthy appetites the jury would never know. He liked to visit ogrish.com, a web site with gruesome photos of terrible injuries and death. He Google searched "children for sale"; and looked for images of "naked girl hanged" and "girl beat up."

Between Jan. 25 and April 7, 2009, he was doing Internet searches on "underage rape" and "real underage rape pictures" as well as "necrophilia videos" and "epileptic naked attack" and "real gang rape."

Using the file-sharing LimeWire software, he had downloaded nine movies depicting child *advertiser censored*. One was downloaded just a month before the abduction. It was called, "rape lolita real snuff."

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/05/10/rafferty-jury-didnt-hear-the-worst-of-it
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG....so many tears tonight
This is all so horrific...Praying for JUSTICE for Tori

I hope they send a copy of the LFP to Millhaven/Kingston just so they all know who they will be welcoming.

I hope Det Smyth hands an lfp paper to MTR immediately in person. MOO So he knows all his dirty little secrets are out and he is the most hated deviant in the country right now. MOO
But then....MTR would just smirk...JMO

I know guys, I just feel tied in knots about this, there is an imbalance here and yes the true dupes are the jurors. MOO The law needs to make this right. JMO Somehow they have to make it right.

As hard as it is to accept, I am glad judge Heeney did the right thing according to the law and hopefully prevented a mistrial. MOO

I disagree that Judge Heeney did the right thing. If the law wasn't even in effect at the time, he should not have ruled on a future event that it was impossible for him to predict. He had no way of knowing whether or not that law would be retroactive to the time of the warrant at issue, in which case it was a legal warrant at the time.

He should have allowed the evidence which was obtained in accordance with laws that existed at that time, and then any subsequent law that changed the laws of search & seizure which was retroactive could have been grounds for an appeal ... but such critical information would have been in the hands of the jury.

JMO

OMG! MTR is Sooo sick! Had this pair not been caught, the two of them, I'm sure, and in MOO, would have gone on to do this again and again.

He is so sick, he still believes he did not do anything. In the police interrogation, he is delusional.

All just MOO.

Well, MTR should have heard by now he is now the most hated man in Canada. MOO

You've got to scratch your head and wonder - does he think that he'll go back to normal life? Get his Civic and Blackberry and Pumas out of lockup and go back to doing what he was doing. Zipping around town... making friends and influencing people, raping and murdering other children. What a ****ing *******, an utter ****ing *******.

Where's the swear jar, BTW? I owe.

thanks for posting Flip, wonder why I can't view them? happens to me with a lot of videos for some reason? anyone know?

What browser are you using? I was unable to see the LFP raw videos in Firefox and had to use IE Tab. Turns out Plus was the culprit, so I disabled it for the LFP site. Flashblock still blocks most of the ads.

Child *advertiser censored* should be exempt from such laws, and allowed, no matter what, as evidence. Period.
Children need to be protected, and if this guy gets off on some stupid technicality... 'upsetting' doesn't begin to describe how I feel about that

Had he been charged with rioting or highjacking or such, then I could see that the history of child *advertiser censored* and deviant behaviour would not be relevant, but to think that what was withheld was such a critical component that related to the charges at hand ... IMO that is a total miscarriage of justice.

You've got to scratch your head and wonder - does he think that he'll go back to normal life? Get his Civic and Blackberry and Pumas out of lockup and go back to doing what he was doing. Zipping around town... making friends and influencing people, raping and murdering other children. What a ****ing *******, an utter ****ing *******.

Where's the swear jar, BTW? I owe.

oh yes, back to mamma's house. omg, they need to crush that car! Do it now LE. MOO

the article I posted said that the law was in a state of flux at the time so no... they should have been fine at the time with the one warrant...

it was the judge who threw it out...

It was a "faulty judge", not a "faulty warrant".

do the jurors KNOW that some stuff was withheld from them???moo

I'd prefer to slip a copy into the jury room with their morning coffee and croissants ;)

no wonder LE gets frustrated with the court system. They do the job and collect the info, track these 's down, put their heart and soul into the effort....for what...to have it shot down in courts. MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldDustyBooks
Back