2010.02.16 Document Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Muzikman,
When we did our prints on soda cans it was orange w/filter and blood it was blue. You also have to wear the goggles too because if not you won't see anything. I think I have some pics of what it looks like under the light during our lab I can PM you. Thanks
Thanks for the info 203! Could you elaborate on which colors are used for which processes? :)

Ok...so are we seeing photos that have yet to be linked to reports?
I can't get to the photos that easily...does it really look like something is attached to the knife?

Yes, something is definitely attached. It appears to be a microscopic fiber.

But if you go over to the pants/knife thread you will see we aren't so excited anymore because per post #329 there were no duct tape fibers on the knife.

The reason for various colors of light being used in the pics is to single out various wavelengths of light and reduce "background" clutter or other various things that may react to "blue" light wavelengths. So for example they are looking for iron in the hemoglobin and using various light wavelengths can help determine the presence of blood buy eliminating other "factors" that will show up in "blue light". For example petroleum jelly.

The problem is some cleaning chemicals can mess up a light spectrum test that's why they use it to identify a "possible" sample then go back and do a Kastle-Meyer test.

Does anyone know if the gatorade bottle was found inside a bag or laying out in elements? Also the color sticks the 1st stick Neg Ctrl-H20 is that like a sample and then Q240.11 dark color show where something was found?

Yes, something is definitely attached. It appears to be a microscopic fiber.

But if you go over to the pants/knife thread you will see we aren't so excited anymore because per post #329 there were no duct tape fibers on the knife.
Are we talking the same knife though...do evidence numbers match?

I recall that the gatorade bottle was inside the world of disney bag found at the dump site according to the docs.

The reason for various colors of light being used in the pics is to single out various wavelengths of light and reduce "background" clutter or other various things that may react to "blue" light wavelengths. So for example they are looking for iron in the hemoglobin and using various light wavelengths can help determine the presence of blood buy eliminating other "factors" that will show up in "blue light". For example petroleum jelly.

The problem is some cleaning chemicals can mess up a light spectrum test that's why they use it to identify a "possible" sample then go back and do a Kastle-Meyer test.
Marsipiter...these photos are new...correct? We haven't seen the written reports associated with them, correct?
I'm just trying to figure out the method to their madness (so to speak).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes