Tony Padilla Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't mean the money to get KC out of jail (10% of $500,000 to the Jail, yes, I understand that LP came up with that dinero); I mean the 10% to the Bondsman who is TP. He gets paid 10% of the bond for backing the bond in the first place. Who paid/is paying him? Why? I'm certain it's not the A's.

LP gave the bondsman the 10%, so the bondsman would bond KC out of Jail. That 10%, LP will not get back.

TP, the bondsman gets to keep the $50,000 that LP paid him to bond KC out of Jail.

As was pointed out, JB & KC took LP's $50,000 and kicked him out the door.

I know and nothing is wrong with helping one another. But in this case, we'd be naive to not question the connection between the two. Why are they willing to help each other - what is in it for either of them - etc.

In the case of your family, they can trust each other for quality work and give each other business, etc. They still have to get paid for their services or they'd not make money which is what a business tries to do.

Oh I wish I had your people in my family as I need all of those services!
BBM
SO DO I !!!! Nothing ever gets completely finished at my house!

I got the impression that LP and TP do business together. It just seems natural to me,so I guess I'm completely missing your point. :confused:

BTW Builders and architects ALWAYS disagree.

Ohhhh Tony! Hello! Please pop by. We're waiting for you! Yoohoo!

: )

I know and nothing is wrong with helping one another. But in this case, we'd be naive to not question the connection between the two. Why are they willing to help each other - what is in it for either of them - etc.

In the case of your family, they can trust each other for quality work and give each other business, etc. They still have to get paid for their services or they'd not make money which is what a business tries to do.

Oh I wish I had your people in my family as I need all of those services!

Oh, oh, oh, I think I know this one. LP knew he would be losing the $50,000 and if he were going to lose it to anyone why not his nephew. If LP were able to locate Caylee he would have been a hero and the publicity he would have received would have been priceless. I think he truly trusted the A's because they were "good people". So whatever LP has said and done since KC was sent back to jail I think he feels he's paid his dues.

Yeah.. but that's military. ;-)

I think the focal point of the P expedition was LP.

In fact, my guess is that at first, when he thought KC was innocent, he thought finding Caylee might be easy. She PROFESSED to wanting to cooperate. She claimed she could hardly wait to get out, to search for Caylee, herself.

All it would have taken, he may have thought, was a little sorting through her personal life, and maybe checking out some local ex-cons. Find the trail, follow it, bring Caylee home, Bing, bang, boom!

He's done it before. He isn't rich because he's bad at tracking.

The bounty hunter is gonna bring a bail bondsman, or at least have one on the ready nearby. This because he's anticipating arresting SOMEBODY. And, soon-- he estimated a week.

So, as Numbers put it, "Gorgeous" gets out, and strolls through the front door.

Len heads for the house, anticipating that KC will REALLY want to talk. That once they get past the whole Xanex the Nanex idea, he'll have something that he can use.

So, he asks her to drop the ZG stuff, and talk to him.

KC says, 'Thanks for the $50K. Now get the h--- out."

We know that the Ps were not security, because they didn't do the actual bodyguarding. We didn't see them do it.

So, I cannot imagine what JB thinks they did, professionally, for the defense.

Meanwhile, the Ps have all been talking to the media since the beginning. Mostly LP. JB says nothing. No problemo.

It only starts to hit the fan when rumors start circulating about what KC may have said to Tracy. The guys weren't around her enough to hear much of anything.

So, now that the cat is out of the bag, JB is making it an issue-- retroactively!

Please forgive-- I guess I drifted from the question, a little. (blush)

Yes, I finally figured out all of the above (awhile ago). Now I am wondering, since it has never been answered, if there may have been a summons so to speak for the P team to join the Baez team in FL. When LP realized that KC was as guilty as sin, he reneged which is causing all of the confusion because JB considers them part of his team.

I think that it appears as if the P's did some security work out of necessity for themselves. I don't think they were actively security people for the A's; they were just guarding their bounty. That's not confusing to me at all.

Remember the pizza that LP said was delivered to the house and everybody was invited to take a piece? LP said that they assumed it had been ordered by someone within the house. It turned out the pizza had been sent there and they already ate it. That would be unnerving to say the least. So, yes, everyone was interested in their own security.

While I don't know that I agree with Zsa Zsa's take on this, I was one of those that heartily disagreed with TP and LP bailing her out of jail in the first place and questioned (or tried to) why, with the information in the public at that time), they had come to a completely opposite conclusion of her direct involvement in this case than most of the general public following the case.

LP, at least, felt she was innocent of any wrong doing and TP went along with him to post her bail.

Both, to me, should have been better at reading the evidence at that time and the personalities. I am sure that both have dealt with their fair share of whatever KC is (psycopath, sociopath, narsisist, all of the above, whatever). It is TPs job to be able to decide if people are worthy of bonding out and trustworthy enough to not skip on the bail. LPs job is to track down those that do skip.

It is true that a bail bonds persons job is simply to bail people out of jail and make sure that they show up to court. So TP could have bailed her out regardless of what anyone else thought about the case. Since no one else was stepping up to post her bond, he had every right to do so as long as someone else put up the 10% even if it turned out to be a bad move on his part.

LP (who I have come to really like even when I think he is FOS) put up money that could not be secured by the As and I would have expected him to do his homework more fully before putting that kind of money on the line. So to me he was hotdogging it from the first but that is LP.

Bailing her out so that they could find Caylee, turned out to be a big mistake (IMO) and added nothing to this case whatsoever. Of course, simply being the person who bailed her out would have had the same effect without the drama.

So to make a very long post short......I do think that LP and TP should have been able to see KC for what she was from the first. It is their job to be able to read people and go with their gut instincts. Short of that, then a little research on the case before putting up the money would have been advisable.

One last comment, if anyone else had put up the bail money and not had someone like LP standing over her all the time, I think that she would have fled and the As would have helped her. edited to add before someone tells me that someone else did bond her out.....I believe that by then JB had convinced her that she could win and would go free so she wasn't going anywhere.

Edited one more time to add....my gut instincts told me that she was responsible for Caylee's disappearance the first time I saw this on TV. I am not psychic or a bail bondsman or bounty hunter and I knew. I could look at her and tell. They should have better instincts than I have since this is their job. IMO of course.

Sorry so long and sorry also for rambling.

Well, once LP figured out that KC was the perp, he was trying to to find Caylee's body. IMHO, that's a good reason for sticking around.

Re: LPs drama-- I don't think he's created more drama than has anyone else. KC, herself, has initiated the most. The As, the hot-end-cold running expert witnesses who have been in and out of the revolving door. Then, we get to the lawyers...

In summary, the Ps are not responsible for all the drama. My three top personae dramatists are KC, JB, and the As, in that order.

Re: Gut instincts-- maybe next time LP will twig first, and be right on before we get a clue.

Or, maybe if he had known KC was guilty from the get-go, he still would have volunteered to search for Caylee.

I don't know. Their decision, their risk. Drama still being cause by others.

Bailing her out so that she could find Caylee added her intent to the case-- which was NOT to find Caylee. That became very clear to many.

All that being said, I like LP. But, there are times when I have wanted to stuff a sock in him.

WOEBEGONE: I did not hear that about the pizza. So who ate the pizza? Was it offered to LP's crew after everyone within the house had already eaten it? If that is true then they could not have been very worried about the person who KC said was a "threat" to the family. Clearly there could have been something in the pizza.

Well, once LP figured out that KC was the perp, he was trying to to find Caylee's body. IMHO, that's a good reason for sticking around.

Re: LPs drama-- I don't think he's created more drama than has anyone else. KC, herself, has initiated the most. The As, the hot-end-cold running expert witnesses who have been in and out of the revolving door. Then, we get to the lawyers...

In summary, the Ps are not responsible for all the drama. My three top personae dramatists are KC, JB, and the As, in that order.

Re: Gut instincts-- maybe next time LP will twig first, and be right on before we get a clue.

Or, maybe if he had known KC was guilty from the get-go, he still would have volunteered to search for Caylee.

I don't know. Their decision, their risk. Drama still being cause by others.

Bailing her out so that she could find Caylee added her intent to the case-- which was NOT to find Caylee. That became very clear to many.

All that being said, I like LP. But, there are times when I have wanted to stuff a sock in him.
This case was very obvious before LP decided to ride int o town. I have no idea what motivated him but if I'm to believe all the whooplah that people attach to him as being upstanding and intelligent...He knew what he was doing and I'm not so sure that I would endorse him.

MOO

Yes, I finally figured out all of the above (awhile ago). Now I am wondering, since it has never been answered, if there may have been a summons so to speak for the P team to join the Baez team in FL. When LP realized that KC was as guilty as sin, he reneged which is causing all of the confusion because JB considers them part of his team.

I think that it appears as if the P's did some security work out of necessity for themselves. I don't think they were actively security people for the A's; they were just guarding their bounty. That's not confusing to me at all.

Remember the pizza that LP said was delivered to the house and everybody was invited to take a piece? LP said that they assumed it had been ordered by someone within the house. It turned out the pizza had been sent there and they already ate it. That would be unnerving to say the least. So, yes, everyone was interested in their own security.

No summons has been cited by anyone. I don't think an attorney can "require" that a bail bondsman and/or a bounty hunter must work with him. It certainly appeared that they were working for and with themselves.

He can summon them for testimony.

Again, if there is a legitimate reason why JB insists that the Ps had a formal with him, he will produce it.

The Ps were to se that KC didn't run.

The regular security people were there to protect her. If anyone was dubious about the pizza, it should not have got past KC's bodyguards.

Brini: LOL. Don't ya know that you would have to be some type of character to be a bounty hunter and that he is!

I don't think KC would ever have told the truth,but it was JB who pulled the plug on KC "talking" to LP and crew.He knew she was a loose cannon and didn't want her entagled in any more stories.Too bad she just HAD to tell someone about the J Blanchard Park abduction!

She HAD to do!

In her last life, KC was Scheherazade!

I don't think KC would ever have told the truth,but it was JB who pulled the plug on KC "talking" to LP and crew.He knew she was a loose cannon and didn't want her entagled in any more stories.Too bad she just HAD to tell someone about the J Blanchard Park abduction!

Now that's the kind of testimony the Defense does not want the Jury to hear, right? They are trying to block LP from having to take the stand and tell how he heard about that "minor" change in the abduction theory. Exactly! That plus whatever Tracy ended up hearing that must be in conflict with original scripted stuff.

Oh, oh, oh, I think I know this one. LP knew he would be losing the $50,000 and if he were going to lose it to anyone why not his nephew. If LP were able to locate Caylee he would have been a hero and the publicity he would have received would have been priceless. I think he truly trusted the A's because they were "good people". So whatever LP has said and done since KC was sent back to jail I think he feels he's paid his dues.

Doesn't LP get reimbursed the $50,000 when KC went back to Jail? That was high rent for how many days out - and for nothing. Why wouldn't the bond be returned once KC's arse is back in jail?
Is the 10% nonrefundable? Does the bail ever get repaid to the donator of the money?

As usual I'm confused.

But this is still a different 10% that TP would be expecting to get paid for backing the Bond in the first place.

Was the Bond for the theft charges initially? And she's back in on Murder 1 so the P's money is tied up due to the first charge not being settled yet. Therefore, the P's have a case against Baez for tying up their money by not letting the first case go to trial sooner than later.

WOEBEGONE: I did not hear that about the pizza. So who ate the pizza? Was it offered to LP's crew after everyone within the house had already eaten it? If that is true then they could not have been very worried about the person who KC said was a "threat" to the family. Clearly there could have been something in the pizza.

That was WAAAY before KC concocted "threats."

IIRC, members of another true crime forum sent pizza, after the As spewed about the smell being pizza in the trunk.

Why doesn't LP get reimbursed the $50,000 when KC went back to Jail?
]

The way it happened when someone I knew posted was that they family paid the BB 10% of the bail. That never was refunded.

If the person rabbited, the whole bail had to be paid, by the BB, I think.

That's where the BH came in.

So, LP doesn't get a refund.

In another room and just heard this on tv

WESH 2 just announced an "exclusive" interview at 5pm & 6pm

Anchor lead in to segment "Was he or wasn't he working for Baez?"

Yes, I finally figured out all of the above (awhile ago). Now I am wondering, since it has never been answered, if there may have been a summons so to speak for the P team to join the Baez team in FL. When LP realized that KC was as guilty as sin, he reneged which is causing all of the confusion because JB considers them part of his team.I think that it appears as if the P's did some security work out of necessity for themselves. I don't think they were actively security people for the A's; they were just guarding their bounty. That's not confusing to me at all.

No confusion.JB actually included a disclaimer in the document that they DID NOT work for him.He knows they weren't part of the defense,but he's hoping the judge will go that extra mile to avoid an appeal issue,and say they could have been,just to cover all bases.Long shot IMO
You have a good memory! I had forgotten about the sneaky pizza.

Now that's the kind of testimony the Defense does not want the Jury to hear, right? They are trying to block LP from having to take the stand and tell how he heard about that "minor" change in the abduction theory. Exactly! That plus whatever Tracy ended up hearing that must be in conflict with original scripted stuff.

I think anything LP said he "heard" would b hearsay. Not admissable.

I think the court would have to hear it from the source.

No confusion.JB actually included a disclaimer in the document that they DID NOT work for him.He knows they weren't part of the defense,but he's hoping the judge will go that extra mile to avoid an appeal issue,and say they could have been,just to cover all bases.Long shot IMO
You have a good memory! I had forgotten about the sneaky pizza.

The note on the sneaky pizza said, "With love and decomp."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members