Allison Baden-Clay - GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed how Allison's leg appears in the slit in her dress? Am I seeing things or does it look bruised with red marks?

I can't enlarge the picture to be sure?

There does seem to be some discolouration, particularly in the thigh area. Having said that, I've seen so many photos that I think suggest stuff that isn't there. Is that TM beside Allison?

Okay, figured I'd give us something to do....

If I was Inspector Ainsworth I'd be dividing my team up into groups of two-three and giving them a 'theory' to prove re what happened that night, then do a big
'show-n-tell' where the other detectives get to pick their theory apart.

So.... here's my theory of what happened.

Allison and GBC have a volatile relationship and DV is a regular part of the household. As previously stated by a websleuth member, GBC depises Allison for seeing him for who he really is. BUT he DOESN'T want out of the marriage - it suits him to be a married man.

Things however are heating up for GBC.... the business is about to go under - he owes a whole lot more than what we've heard about. People he's lent money from are starting to put some pressure on. TM is also putting the pressure on and he gives her a commitment re July 1. He has no intention of keeping it, just silencing her for the time being. His past (all in my theory of course!) is littered with shady deals skirting the edges of legality. Possibly he's tipped over into fraud. His other mistresses are also placing some pressure particularly one who threatens to spill the beans to both Allison and TM. He's feeling boxed in. I would suggest he has trouble seeing a way out of this mess he finds himself in.

He brainstorms some theories.... What would happen if??? The idea of getting his hands on Allison's insurance money passes his mind... he fantasises about how he would do it. He makes some queries about the insurance, but consciously discounts the idea.

The night before that fateful night he and Allison have a big fight. Possibly police are called (thus why they open a missing person investigation so quickly). Allison has found out the affair with TM is ongoing and she has had enough. She is more vocal in standing up for herself than ever before. Now she is no longer trying to save the marriage - and he senses it.

The night of the 19th GBC has a headache after arguing with TM. Allison comes home from the hairdresser, collecting the girls from Nigelaine on the way. She prepares the girl's lunches and clothes for the next day and puts them to bed. It's about 8:30pm. The girl's have gone to bed after a certain show they were watching on tv has finished (thus why QPS want scheduling info). A fight starts. ABC runs into the yard to get away from him... she wants some space, he follows - poor little dog next door complains loudly. Possibly GBC drags Allison back into the house by the hair.

She has really had enough. She tells him that she's sick of all this. He can get out. She gives him till the end of the weekend to go. If he doesn't she'll start telling everyone what he's REALLY like - "what will Mummy think of him then?" she asks.

He disappears into their bedroom, she decides to calm down by having a warm bath. Without putting much thought into it, he decides his ONLY option is to 'get rid of her'. He goes into the bathroom and strangles her. She puts up a fight, chipping her tooth and submerging several times in the struggle. It's still early in the evening... around 10pm possibly. He moves her to the bedroom in case the girls wake and go to the bathroom, and he dresses her. He wraps her head in a plastic shopping bag as there is a bit of blood and he doesn't want it leaking.

At some point he rings Daddy. Whether it's here or further on I'm undecided. He tells his father that there was an argument, Allison was being unreasonable and pushing him around - he pushed her back, she hit her head and died. Daddy is led to believe it's been a horrible accident but GBC convinces his father that it would be better for the girls if the world believed it was a random stranger than their father who did the deed. NBC agrees and they decide to tell EBC (and possibly Olivia) that ABC has 'taken off' in a depressed state and GBC is frantic about her. EBC says that they can't possibly go off to look for ABC leaving the girls alone in the house so she insists on going over to sit in the house. Tricky for GBC because he now needs to get the body out of the house by himself. He wraps Allison in a blanket and bundles her into the back of her car. A passerby notices all four doors open.

He quickly dumps her body somewhere... anywhere relatively secluded (he knows they'll come back and move it) and heads to a local roundabout to collect EBC and take her to the house. He has convinced his parents it wouldn't be good for their car to be seen at his place and to keep it hidden in the carpark or behind the bus shelter. He goes the long way around because it would be natural instinct for him to stay away from the road where he's just dumped Allison's body.

EBC sits at the house. Possibly one of the girls wakes to go to the toilet and tells the nice policeman the next morning about nanny being over the night before. GBC collects NBC who collects the other BC car as they tell EBC they will go in different directions to look for Allison. Instead they head to where GBC has left her. NBC decides on where they will take her and together they work on a story. She was depressed, she took off in her car.... maybe she suicided or was attacked by a random person. Whichever, they plan to leave her car. Their plan comes unstuck when they see the trail of blood that has dripped down from the plastic. They are going to have to take the car home and wash it.

They return to the house with the excuse that they are too tired to search anymore. GBC perhaps tells EBC that he's had a text from Allison and that she's staying with a friend overnight. He drops EBC and NBC back at the roundabout then heads home to clean up. He suddenly remembers something and calls NBC. He and NBC have buried the blanket somewhere far away from where they've left Allison and the BC house.

He cleans the car, and checks to make sure there aren't any blood stains etc at home. He heads to bed.

In the morning he sends the two texts to Allison, which I believe to be one of his biggest mistakes. He wants to 'show' police her phone (and his) have the 'find my phone app' (because he's cleverly left his phone at home the evening before (he's used to tricking Allison with the Iphone app after all). He has left her phone somewhere away from her body and the blanket. Instead of calling around her friends and parents, instead of calling her instead of texting, instead of putting the girls in the car to go and find her.... he rings police to report her missing. Max Sica made a big mistake in his 000 call, and so did GBC I believe. GBC called too early.

Because this all unfolded so quickly he googles self incrimination and reads about maintaining silence. He calls NBC and tells him it's best if all of them (Olivia included if she was in the Nigelaine house that night) make no comment to police. They know it will be up to police to prove involvement, much easier if they aren't given a statement to disprove first.

When police arrive he spins a yarn of depression. He says he went to bed and didn't know when she went missing. He explains the marks away. Police ask if she was getting treatment for the depression -he can't remember her therapist but googles the name for the police. Police are suspicious (face scratches, previous DV, comment by child, lack of 'looking' before calling them) and open a missing person investigation.

GBC thought he was going to get away with it. He didn't realise a facetime call was traceable. He didn't realise putting the phone on the charger was traceable. Perhaps he told TM something.... but she spills anything she knows to police. Perhaps it's not about the murder but possibly fraud issues.

What really 'cooks his goose' though is Olivia confessing to police that he had gone looking for Allison the night before. She is the weak link in the family that didn't keep quiet. But she didn't think it would really matter because she truly believed her brother's innocence.... after all her father was with him searching... wasn't he??? The bail hearing shattered Olivia's existence - it's just starting to dawn on her what really happened. EBC fully believes the yarn her husband and son have fed her. As GBC feel the police closing in, he makes other plans. It wasn't about the insurance, but if he can get the insurance money he can flee the country and leave everything and everyone behind. He organises fake documents and starts preparing the groundwork. Maybe this is what TM told the police - maybe he was taking her with him. But she fully believes, as does his mother and sister, that he is innocent.

GBC is devastated when charged. He realises that TM and Olivia have 'dropped him in it'. He desperately tries all legal avenues for new ideas. He can't talk to Mummy or Daddy. He is a trapped lion, just like the ones his father used to hunt in Rhodesia.

I zoomed in on the photo and initially thought the mark on Allison's leg was discolouration on her knee but the mark does look to be a little higher than where the knee would be and IMO does look like a bruise. Would you really wear a split to the thigh dress if you had a large bruise on that same thigh? Personally I wouldn't but if GBC caused the bruise perhaps Allison wanted to show people what he'd done to her. Nah, that doesn't make any sense to me.

MOO.

View attachment 24666

View attachment 24665

ETA: If it is a bruise, maybe Allison hurt herself while dancing?

Makara, I thought the same thing .... if I had a visible wound I would try to hide it. The thought also crossed my mind that Allison may not have had a lot of items in her wardrobe to select from. Looking at the other women in this pic, they appear to have salon-created "hair-dos", whereas Allison's appearance appears more natural and home-made (with no disrespect intended). The extravagances of the Baden-Clay household maybe didn't include budgets for buying new dresses for every occasion ... think about it ... how could hubby keep up mistress maintenance if the wife was spending too much on herself!

I am parent of two, and I can honestly say that from the time both kids were 2.5 years old, they slept through every night ... I honestly can't remember an exception to that. If the BC children were sound-sleepers, parents would know that. I have to say that my kids were never put to the wake-up test in the event of loud, violent behaviour occurring in the next rooms. If GBC had "done the deed" earlier in the evening (say between 8.30 pm and 11.00 pm), surely diallling up for a babysitter would have been the last thought on his mind. Crikey, when you have just carried out a murder, leaving kids home alone for him would have waned into insignificance.

Respectfully snipped.
NBC decides on where they will take her and together they work on a story. She was depressed, she took off in her car.... maybe she suicided or was attacked by a random person. Whichever, they plan to leave her car. Their plan comes unstuck when they see the trail of blood that has dripped down from the plastic. They are going to have to take the car home and wash it.

That would certainly explain the reported sightings of Allisons car at the showground (unconfirmed).

You've given this a lot of thought, I enjoyed reading it.

This is MOO.

Hi everyone :wave:

Another lurking coming forward.
Have been reading since the beginning and am yet another who at times has let the household chores go and thats just by trying to keep up with all the amazing and inspiring posts.
I have no connection with the area though I have been through there years ago and this is the first forum like this that I have ever joined.
I've cried and at times laughed along with you but always remembering the awful tragedy that is the reason why we're all here.
I truly hope that justice wins out and the whole truth will emerge and that the perp/perps get what they deserve.

You can call me Tootsie and I have to admit my username is named after a caterpillar toy :blushing: But I chose it quite awhile before the naughty caterpillars did their thing :floorlaugh:

Well the toy was more like a centipede I think so maybe not so naughty :)

Hi Tootsie, I've enjoyed your posts, hope to see more :D

This is MOO.

I am parent of two, and I can honestly say that from the time both kids were 2.5 years old, they slept through every night ... I honestly can't remember an exception to that. If the BC children were sound-sleepers, parents would know that. I have to say that my kids were never put to the wake-up test in the event of loud, violent behaviour occurring in the next rooms. If GBC had "done the deed" earlier in the evening (say between 8.30 pm and 11.00 pm), surely diallling up for a babysitter would have been the last thought on his mind. Crikey, when you have just carried out a murder, leaving kids home alone for him would have waned into insignificance.

yes, but if your parents are argueing loudly and possibly violently on a regular basis, its likely the children may be stressed and unable to sleep soundly, especially the older child who may feel she needed to keep an eye on things?
i also dont think gbc would have cared at that point about the girls being left alone, least of his worries!

Some of the WS ladies mentioned this last night and I wanted to bring it up again. It's Thursday night and it's the 19th and there is also a waning moon tonight, exactly the same as it was on Thursday 19 April. If I lived near Kholo Creek I would be out there tonight to get a 'feel' for the place. Sounds strange, I know but I know what I mean. :blushing:

Attached is the Kholo Creek tide chart for today and tomorrow as well as the moon phase chart.

I've also attached the tide and moon phase charts from 19 April for comparison.

19 July Moon Phases.
View attachment 24667

19 July Tide Chart.
View attachment 24668

19 April Moon Phases.
View attachment 24669

19 April Tide Chart.
View attachment 24670

http://tides.willyweather.com.au/qld/brisbane.html

Midnight meetup?

The police should, seriously!!

Having a cup of coffee at the Brookfield store on Sunday when a lot of police cars, sirens and lights, converge on the sleepy little village. They are up behind BC house and in and around the streets adjacent, who were they looking for? They seem to end up at the end of Gold Creek Road. Could be a recovery of something, could be a coincidence. Anyone know what happened at the end of GCk Rd on Sunday?

Oh by the way, is anyone curious about the quietness of the MSM since the mention?

If I was Inspector Ainsworth I'd be dividing my team up into groups of two-three and giving them a 'theory' to prove re what happened that night, then do a big

Allison and GBC have a volatile relationship and DV is a regular part of the household. As previously stated by a websleuth member, GBC depises Allison for seeing him for who he really is. BUT he DOESN'T want out of the marriage - it suits him to be a married man.

Things however are heating up for GBC.... the business is about to go under - he owes a whole lot more than what we've heard about. People he's lent money from are starting to put some pressure on. TM is also putting the pressure on and he gives her a commitment re July 1. He has no intention of keeping it, just silencing her for the time being. His past (all in my theory of course!) is littered with shady deals skirting the edges of legality. Possibly he's tipped over into fraud. His other mistresses are also placing some pressure particularly one who threatens to spill the beans to both Allison and TM. He's feeling boxed in. I would suggest he has trouble seeing a way out of this mess he finds himself in.

He brainstorms some theories.... What would happen if??? The idea of getting his hands on Allison's insurance money passes his mind... he fantasises about how he would do it. He makes some queries about the insurance, but consciously discounts the idea.

The night before that fateful night he and Allison have a big fight. Possibly police are called (thus why they open a missing person investigation so quickly). Allison has found out the affair with TM is ongoing and she has had enough. She is more vocal in standing up for herself than ever before. Now she is no longer trying to save the marriage - and he senses it.

The night of the 19th GBC has a headache after arguing with TM. Allison comes home from the hairdresser, collecting the girls from Nigelaine on the way. She prepares the girl's lunches and clothes for the next day and puts them to bed. It's about 8:30pm. The girl's have gone to bed after a certain show they were watching on tv has finished (thus why QPS want scheduling info). A fight starts. ABC runs into the yard to get away from him... she wants some space, he follows - poor little dog next door complains loudly. Possibly GBC drags Allison back into the house by the hair.

She has really had enough. She tells him that she's sick of all this. He can get out. She gives him till the end of the weekend to go. If he doesn't she'll start telling everyone what he's REALLY like - "what will Mummy think of him then?" she asks.

He disappears into their bedroom, she decides to calm down by having a warm bath. Without putting much thought into it, he decides his ONLY option is to 'get rid of her'. He goes into the bathroom and strangles her. She puts up a fight, chipping her tooth and submerging several times in the struggle. It's still early in the evening... around 10pm possibly. He moves her to the bedroom in case the girls wake and go to the bathroom, and he dresses her. He wraps her head in a plastic shopping bag as there is a bit of blood and he doesn't want it leaking.

At some point he rings Daddy. Whether it's here or further on I'm undecided. He tells his father that there was an argument, Allison was being unreasonable and pushing him around - he pushed her back, she hit her head and died. Daddy is led to believe it's been a horrible accident but GBC convinces his father that it would be better for the girls if the world believed it was a random stranger than their father who did the deed. NBC agrees and they decide to tell EBC (and possibly Olivia) that ABC has 'taken off' in a depressed state and GBC is frantic about her. EBC says that they can't possibly go off to look for ABC leaving the girls alone in the house so she insists on going over to sit in the house. Tricky for GBC because he now needs to get the body out of the house by himself. He wraps Allison in a blanket and bundles her into the back of her car. A passerby notices all four doors open.

He quickly dumps her body somewhere... anywhere relatively secluded (he knows they'll come back and move it) and heads to a local roundabout to collect EBC and take her to the house. He has convinced his parents it wouldn't be good for their car to be seen at his place and to keep it hidden in the carpark or behind the bus shelter. He goes the long way around because it would be natural instinct for him to stay away from the road where he's just dumped Allison's body.

EBC sits at the house. Possibly one of the girls wakes to go to the toilet and tells the nice policeman the next morning about nanny being over the night before. GBC collects NBC who collects the other BC car as they tell EBC they will go in different directions to look for Allison. Instead they head to where GBC has left her. NBC decides on where they will take her and together they work on a story. She was depressed, she took off in her car.... maybe she suicided or was attacked by a random person. Whichever, they plan to leave her car. Their plan comes unstuck when they see the trail of blood that has dripped down from the plastic. They are going to have to take the car home and wash it.

They return to the house with the excuse that they are too tired to search anymore. GBC perhaps tells EBC that he's had a text from Allison and that she's staying with a friend overnight. He drops EBC and NBC back at the roundabout then heads home to clean up. He suddenly remembers something and calls NBC. He and NBC have buried the blanket somewhere far away from where they've left Allison and the BC house.

He cleans the car, and checks to make sure there aren't any blood stains etc at home. He heads to bed.

In the morning he sends the two texts to Allison, which I believe to be one of his biggest mistakes. He wants to 'show' police her phone (and his) have the 'find my phone app' (because he's cleverly left his phone at home the evening before (he's used to tricking Allison with the Iphone app after all). He has left her phone somewhere away from her body and the blanket. Instead of calling around her friends and parents, instead of calling her instead of texting, instead of putting the girls in the car to go and find her.... he rings police to report her missing. Max Sica made a big mistake in his 000 call, and so did GBC I believe. GBC called too early.

Because this all unfolded so quickly he googles self incrimination and reads about maintaining silence. He calls NBC and tells him it's best if all of them (Olivia included if she was in the Nigelaine house that night) make no comment to police. They know it will be up to police to prove involvement, much easier if they aren't given a statement to disprove first.

When police arrive he spins a yarn of depression. He says he went to bed and didn't know when she went missing. He explains the marks away. Police ask if she was getting treatment for the depression -he can't remember her therapist but googles the name for the police. Police are suspicious (face scratches, previous DV, comment by child, lack of 'looking' before calling them) and open a missing person investigation.

GBC thought he was going to get away with it. He didn't realise a facetime call was traceable. He didn't realise putting the phone on the charger was traceable. Perhaps he told TM something.... but she spills anything she knows to police. Perhaps it's not about the murder but possibly fraud issues.

What really 'cooks his goose' though is Olivia confessing to police that he had gone looking for Allison the night before. She is the weak link in the family that didn't keep quiet. But she didn't think it would really matter because she truly believed her brother's innocence.... after all her father was with him searching... wasn't he??? The bail hearing shattered Olivia's existence - it's just starting to dawn on her what really happened. EBC fully believes the yarn her husband and son have fed her. As GBC feel the police closing in, he makes other plans. It wasn't about the insurance, but if he can get the insurance money he can flee the country and leave everything and everyone behind. He organises fake documents and starts preparing the groundwork. Maybe this is what TM told the police - maybe he was taking her with him. But she fully believes, as does his mother and sister, that he is innocent.

GBC is devastated when charged. He realises that TM and Olivia have 'dropped him in it'. He desperately tries all legal avenues for new ideas. He can't talk to Mummy or Daddy. He is a trapped lion, just like the ones his father used to hunt in Rhodesia.

Great job at theorising. I hadn't thought of EBC and OW being fed those lies before. Definitely possible!

Just 2 things of interest-
1. Olivia says she saw Allison last week. Yet locals said that Olivia was at the Cross Country on the Wednesday. Seems a little strange that they didn't cross paths that day. Not impossible, but unusual and
2. That's a lot of adjectives- NORMAL, DELIGHTFUL,NORMAL, EASY-GOING, BEAUTIFUL-NATURED, THOUGHTFUL, KIND-HEARTED....... Oh and DEPRESSED!
IMO

Hi Timmy, just catching up. The cross country was on Thursday, not Wed, though I'm sure someone caught that.

Just 2 things of interest-
1. Olivia says she saw Allison last week. Yet locals said that Olivia was at the Cross Country on the Wednesday. Seems a little strange that they didn't cross paths that day. Not impossible, but unusual and
2. That's a lot of adjectives- NORMAL, DELIGHTFUL,NORMAL, EASY-GOING, BEAUTIFUL-NATURED, THOUGHTFUL, KIND-HEARTED....... Oh and DEPRESSED!
IMO

My guess is that OW saw ABC on the Thursday. Remember GBC says he saw her Thursday night and assumed she went off on Friday morning. (Think of those text messages. "I hope you slept well." ) If he told OW this then it makes seeing her Thursday afternoon or evening mean the 'day before she disappeared.'

And there you have it. Someone said already that the CC was Thursday. So she did see her 'the day before she disappeared'.
MOO.

All very plausible, I don't feel the money was a motive either... Just an added bonus after the deed - he probably feels he deserves it after all the stress....
My feeling about him is that he's an impulsive & angry man, who hurt his wife more than a little, more than once and that night fatally.
Just glad he didn't hurt the girls too, although these mental scars they will carry for the rest of their lives.

Hi Timmy, just catching up. The cross country was on Thursday, not Wed, though I'm sure someone caught that.

Oops! Thanks for that. I don't often post information for fear of getting the facts wrong and now you can see why- memory like a sieve!

Having a cup of coffee at the Brookfield store on Sunday when a lot of police cars, sirens and lights, converge on the sleepy little village. They are up behind BC house and in and around the streets adjacent, who were they looking for? They seem to end up at the end of Gold Creek Road. Could be a recovery of something, could be a coincidence. Anyone know what happened at the end of GCk Rd on Sunday?

Oh by the way, is anyone curious about the quietness of the MSM since the mention?

Intrigued.... Maybe someone switched on a powered down iPhone..

:bump:

I emailed our CM crime reporter and she sent out reporter immediately today...but nobody there then.
She emailed me back: at 4.19pm

"heard police have got more forensic test results back which are going to help the case against GBC"

So...wonder what forensic tests showed so as to have all those uniforms/coppers at the house today, and perhaps Detectives at Bridge yesterday???

Thoughts...

All very plausible, I don't feel the money was a motive either... Just an added bonus after the deed - he probably feels he deserves it after all the stress....
My feeling about him is that he's an impulsive & angry man, who hurt his wife more than a little, more than once and that night fatally.
Just glad he didn't hurt the girls too, although these mental scars they will carry for the rest of their lives.

Oh no, the money is part of that theory. Read again.
Great theory :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member