The SODDI Defense (Some Other Dude Did It)...If not KC, who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pattymarie

Reaction score
I have been reading through some posts and catching up and am still amazed to read posters stating that they are not sure Casey murdered her daughter.

If Casey didn't do it? Who did? What evidence points to a different murderer other than Casey?

I don't understand this either.

Apparently, not enough evidence yet to point to Casey?

BUT there's some mystery evidence that out there which must more abundantly point at this SOD???

What could there possibly be that trumps the guilt of this woman other than some who think that there has to be Beyond any Shadow of Doubt to convict.

Which isn't the standard. For that we need confession and/or eyewitness/video of the crime. Of all crimes!

We only need beyond a Reasonable doubt.

And there's no reason IMHO which which even comes close to being reasonable to doubt Casey Anthony murdered Caylee, hid her body down her street and never called the police or told another living soul something was wrong or that her daughter was "missing".

Cindy did after 31 DAYS.

Nope, why would she HIDE this at all, let alone that long if she were Innocent???

I will watch this thread with interest, but at the moment have little to contribute. I am at a loss to name a credible possible suspect, even a distant second choice to KC.

I am prepared to seriously consider other theories I hope the "I am not sure peeps" post.

To me, it takes all types to make the world and it would be a boring place if we were all of a like mind. There are those who do take an opposing position, others who have an open mind and it takes a lot to convince them and, still others who look at KC differently than most do -- that she could not do this and it must have been one of her many encounters. It is sorta like politics that there are conservatives and liberals and many blend in their views (like a venn diagram) but there are the extremes on the left and right.

Nothing wrong with that -- makes life interesting.

I think a theory we should consider in SODDI is this recent floating of child molesters and if that is the Defense path, to win the sympathies of folks who fear perps and can see them taking Caylee.

Please discuss the topic and not the posters. thanks:)

Here is why I get confused when I hear murmurs of SODDI: because that is all I have ever heard. Vague whispers.

I have yet to hear a single SODDI argument or piece of evidence articulated fully, other than to say, "SODDI."

There is never really anything to chew on or think over. No possible scenarios with supporting time lines or facts as to how JG, AH, TL or anyone else might have been the SOD.

I've seen some small possibilities that might have pointed towards CA, but other facts seem to counter those, so that is a wash for me.

It all comes down to this when the SODDI defense gets whispered - IMO:

If you can't articulate your argument, you don't have one.

But, I still read each time this topic comes up, because I wonder what will happen at the trial.

thats what i want to know as well....how will the defense spin this thought.....we have heard the one arm man, the ugly coping and now the mention of a child molester/murder from the defense on the civil case.....

Here is why I get confused when I hear murmurs of SODDI: because that is all I have ever heard. Vague whispers.

I have yet to hear a single SODDI argument or piece of evidence articulated fully, other than to say, "SODDI."

There is never really anything to chew on or think over. No possible scenarios with supporting time lines or facts as to how JG, AH, TL or anyone else might have been the SOD.

I've seen some small possibilities that might have pointed towards CA, but other facts seem to counter those, so that is a wash for me.

It all comes down to this when the SODDI defense gets whispered - IMO:

But, I still read each time this topic comes up, because I wonder what will happen at the trial.
Thanks.
I am prepared, and even keen, to read some SODDI theory. At the very least something to discuss and perhaps refine my own thoughts on the details of what happened.

Like you I have heard "possibly SODDI" but not a specific theory. Just Somebody unspecified other than KC.
There is a vast difference between a plausible theory based on facts and unsubstantiated supposition.
As my sig used to say: "Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but they are NOT entitled to be right" I think we are all gradually refining our opinion of what happened, to include facts as they come to light.

I have been reading through some posts and catching up and am still amazed to read posters stating that they are not sure Casey murdered her daughter.

If Casey didn't do it? Who did? What evidence points to a different murderer other than Casey?

OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
I'm reaching I know.

OK... There were several rapes that occured at Blanchard Park leading up to a young woman being murdered there on 6/10/08. A week later KC took Caylee that park and left her there to "play". Came back later and she was gone. KC was afraid to tell CA cause obviously CA is too intense, so she made up the nanny story.
I'm reaching I know.

You may be reaching, but I have read a version of this theory before. Although it involved a serial killer with a predilection for shamrocks. No joke.

I'm reaching I know.

Obviously that is just a simple example. It would soon get very implausible if you included evidence such as body in the trunk, duct tape on skull(matching gas can duct tape), heart sticker, KC not reporting to LE etc.

I'm reaching I know.

We have had a couple of instances here in L.A. that could be used as a template by the Defense.

One was the Mother of Emma who claimed she was attacked and knocked out in the park and the baby was gone, only to discover the baby dumped by the Mother.

The other was Mother's day and the childs parents claimed the boy was playing in the park and then he was gone, they could not find him, only to discover the parents dumped him.

This *could* be used as a theme that KC was with Caylee, she was distracted and then Caylee was gone. Child molester. KC was traumatized and could not tell her Mother and kept on waiting till another day and then when caught fabricated the nanny story.

Doesn't stand scrutiny though I am sure the Defense is weaving something that will touch many evidence points and will seek to eliminate others.

You may be reaching, but I have read a version of this theory before. Although it involved a serial killer with a predilection for shamrocks. No joke.

I wondered why KC would go to that park with her child when she surely musta heard about the rapes on the local news.

Thanks.
I am prepared, and even keen, to read some SODDI theory. At the very least something to discuss and perhaps refine my own thoughts on the details of what happened.

Like you I have heard "possibly SODDI" but not a specific theory. Just Somebody unspecified other than KC.
There is a vast difference between a plausible theory based on facts and unsubstantiated supposition.
As my sig used to say: "Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but they are NOT entitled to be right" I think we are all gradually refining our opinion of what happened, to include facts as they come to light.

Funny, my signature used to say:

And I chose it specifically because of the SODDI whispers.

(Note - thanks to SteadFast for the sig line way back when - maybe I will borrow your bolded sentence above as this thread progresses.)

I'm reaching I know.

Ok. I'll bite.

Possible, but lacking supporting evidence AND what are the statistics/profile of rapist/murders who cross the child/adult victimology?

The rapes and murders were of women, not an almost 3 y/o. I don't think LE would look to the same suspect?

Lots more - but let's start with that and see what the rest come up with to refute this SODDI theory.

I wondered why KC would go to that park with her child when she surely musta heard about the rapes on the local news.

Really.... everyone knew about JB Park....and NOT to go alone...

but... the whole point... KC LIED !!!!!

KC LIED>>>> Again & again !!!!

Plus... the 1st thing...
very 1st thing... NO Matter what... CALL LE !!!! DIAL 911 !!!!!

& for sure....
after the story..... when she KNEW LE knew she lied....

TELL THE TRUTH !!!!!

BE SAD>>>>

CRY>>>>>> some kind of EMOTION Please ~ beside...
dang...
I have to eat cold slaw !!!!!

Please ~ after the BODY is found... SOMEONE KILLED CAYLEE!!!!

PLEASE ~~~~ SOME KIND OF ~ E M O T I O N ! ! ! ! !????

What's up with that...

even a :sheesh::beagle-flip: would show some EMOTION ! ! !
:chicken::chicken::chicken:

Oh well .... I forgot .... it's KC we are talking about !!!!!

Ms ________________________________________________________

JMO
God Bless !
jjgram

Funny, my signature used to say:

And I chose it specifically because of the SODDI whispers.

(Note - thanks to SteadFast for the sig line way back when - maybe I will borrow your bolded sentence above as this thread progresses.)

sure, you can borrow it, but I might want it back one day :)

IMHO SODDI theories will become less viable as more "hard" evidence emerges.
I have listed my best guesses what that evidence might be. I think there is something or several somethings that inspire the return of DP. I think this evidence will point to KC specifically, and not some imaginary SOD.

how about someone stole KC car with caylee in it.....then it was returned with out caylee...but the car started to smell and KC found caylee in the trunk....:rolleyes: KC freaked and lost her mind....:eek: she thought no one would believe her and she made up the nanny story....

The SODDI defense doesn't even hold water. She DIDN'T LOOK FOR HER CHILD FOR 31 DAYS!!! No mother, and I mean no mother would do this. There is no other plausible explanation, other than knowing who the person responsible was.

Also, if there was any chance that she wasn't responsible, the parents would be busting their tails attempting to find the person that did. Even in the LK interview, they admit that there aren't any other suspects. They are even finished with the charade, they are simply LIEING to attempt to save their daughters life, but also know that there isn't a killer loose somewhere. The person responsible is already behind bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17