IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE should mention and emphasize at their pressers that they intend to prosecute anyone found lying or withholding information - for obstruction of justice, and as accessories to the crime...

I may have missed this, but why did friends/family organize a search for the lakes?

From what was reported, based on some tip. But nothing came out of it so far.

LE should mention and emphasize at their pressers that they intend to prosecute anyone found lying or withholding information - for obstruction of justice, and as accessories to the crime...

That might not be such a good idea, considering the police would want people come forward with info, even if these people had been lying until now for whatever reason.

I may have missed this, but why did friends/family organize a search for the lakes?

LE had said there was a specific, credible tip that directed them to a specific location in the park/lake.

That might not be such a good idea, considering the police would want people come forward with info, even if these people had been lying until now for whatever reason.

See your point, and agree!
Change what I said to "anyone who is questioned and found lying from this point on"...
I say that because this appears to be the kind of case where one or more, or all will lie to cover one another...
I think LE has got to cut through any lies .... time's a wasting if this was an abduction by stranger...

I have not read every page in this thread but I wanted to share an experience of someone I know in the sense that it could have happened to Lauren.

Where I used to live a young woman was literally kidnapped and held against her will, no one could find her because her boyfriend had tied her up at his house because he did not trust her. He went about his work like normal with her tied up at home.

After about 3 days she talked him into letting her go and then she reported what had happened to the police. However because of politics, he was a member of LE in another town and she had a very prominent job in the community it was all kept under wraps and he was told to leave town.He did but eventually karma got him in another situation.

Wonder if this could have been a possible scenario and it's gone on so long now it's out of the responsible party's control? They don't know what to do or have just decided to keep her captive forever. I do believe she was forceably taken initially by someone to somewhere.

This may be wishful thinking on my part but I do so hope she is found alive!

Ten People Questioned as 'Persons of Interest' in Indiana College Student's Disappearance

BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- Police say the boyfriend of a college student from Westchester who vanished at Indiana University was named "a person of interest."

Jesse Wolff, 21, the Long Island beau of missing Lauren Spierer, 20, is one of 10 people being looked at and is being "cooperative," Bloomington Police Lt. Bill Parker said Friday. Another student, Corey Rossman, submitted to a DNA swab, The New York Post reports.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/06/1...st-in-indiana-college-students/#ixzz1OzahYpTr

I don't know if this has been already reported but I have been thinking the boyfriend since the altercation between CR and the boyfriend's friends...

VeryVeritas, you pointed out something I'd not previously seen reported.. Aim still attempting to catch up so please forgive if this has already been discussed and resolved..

In the article linked in your post from lohud it does intact clearly say that MB states that after LS and CR arrived at the apt that CR immediately went on to bed. He says at that time that Lauren wanted to leave and head back home.. MB says that he watched Lauren leave their apt AND WATCHED HER WALK DOWN THE STREET HEADED FOR HER APT COMPLEX!!!!

WTH??? JR claims that he also watched Lauren walk Down the street toward her Smallwood Apt!!!

So which is it??

And are both of these boys truly claiming to have witnessed Lauren walking down the street towards her apt???
I had never heard MB state such..

Yesterday I did read that lohud was not known to be the most accurate of sources.. So could someone clarify if this is accurate and both boys are now making this similar claim.. And does that mean that now MB is stating himself as the person last to see Lauren????

Really WTF??

6-10-rossman_20110610160433_640_480.jpg

I know his eyes have bags underneath, but if you look closer, his right eye is swollen underneath.

I agree about the lip, not sure about the eye. But it appears to be nothing too serious.

One of LS's friends said her BF was very "protective" of her. I think at least one of his buddies that was involved in the altercation contacted him and if he got the message he would've gone out looking for her. Based on her actions with CR that night I think there was trouble in their relationship and she may have been trying to break up with him...and he may have snapped. He may not have known what apartment CR lived in, but may have known the general area and was driving around or waited outside for her to leave...she obviously wouldn't think twice about getting in a car with him thinking they could talk things out. If the dogs can't track her scent wouldn't it be most likely she ended up in a car...somehow?

One of LS's friends said her BF was very "protective" of her. I think at least one of his buddies that was involved in the altercation contacted him and if he got the message he would've gone out looking for her. Based on her actions with CR that night I think there was trouble in their relationship and she may have been trying to break up with him...and he may have snapped. He may not have known what apartment CR lived in, but may have known the general area and was driving around or waited outside for her to leave...she obviously wouldn't think twice about getting in a car with him thinking they could talk things out. If the dogs can't track her scent wouldn't it be most likely she ended up in a car...somehow?

Or LE is using the wrong kind of dogs. They need SAR to help them with that. A good SAR dog can even track the scent of a person even while on a car. I do not remember the case where the dog followed the scent from the victim's house and straight to the perp's house.

Found it: Amy Henslee's Case.

I'm still fixated on the keys. At the Presser yesterday Capt Palters seemed to avoid saying definitively that they were Lauren's. If they weren't, I would expect them to just say it. Possibly LE wanted to "hold back" information about the keys and the press picked up on it anyway.

Assuming that they do belong to LS, there is something wrong with the timing. Amin saw it before 3:00 AM but the video shows LS and the "mystery man in the alley after 3:00 AM. Evidentially LS "lost" her keys before then.

The "Alley video" is obviously extremely important to the case. The exact time of the recording and who she was with have been deliberately withheld. If it were to show LS with CR something is very wrong because CR should have been in bed by then. The "mystery man in the alley" is very important to the case. LE is not saying which direction they were walking in the alley. Were they leaving or returning to CR/JR's apartment building?

This opens the question of "where did LS go after she left CR/MB's apartment?" I think plenty of statements have been given to LE regarding this issue but this information is being withheld. We know there are 6 as of yet "unnamed" POI's.

I can't say with certainty that within the group of friends: CR, MB, JR and anyone else, none of them would willingly help one of the others "cover up" a murder. I still think it is very unlikely. These kids have plans for their future that don't include felony convictions.

In the back of my mind, I wonder if this could turn out to be something like the Brittany Drexel case. Brittany was probably abducted by a stranger off the street (during a time when many people were out and about) yet the investigation, at the beginning, focused on her friends.

Why should CR have been in bed by then? That's not the timeline. I presume the video is showing LS and CR going to his apartment, I don't see any mystery about it.

The timeline is provided in the article below. At ~2.40, LS and CR went to her apartment complex. Where the altercation allegedly took place, and so the two of them would have taken off to CR's apartment. Seems pretty clear CR would not be in bed at 3 am. So there is no mystery there at all.
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81873

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member