UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tricia,

It looks like you beat me to it in doing the avatar change. I already changed my Facebook pic to that same ribbon and was just about to do it here. :)

By the way, do you have texting on your phone?

tuning in and catching up on here...please correct me if i'm wrong, trying to get a summary here.

Mom suddenly feels ill on sunday evening while working on craft project with friend. Goes to sleep, friend continues to help out while dad and boys are in the house. Friend leaves...and dad decides to take toddlers sledding and camping in ut forest area around midnight?

Mom/dad don't show up to work on monday and by weds, mom is missing person. Dad becomes uncooperative with police investigation, uses a rental car to log an abnormal amount of mileage while police check vehicle and then decides to jump town and go to his father's house in wa with the kids in tow. Shows up to a candlelight vigil for his wife and barely talks to anyone.

Dad has made limited efforts to search for wife in ut and dad's father will not help at all.

this case is crazy! I only hope those boys aren't in any danger, judging by the late night snow sledding trip and then being ripped out of house to go to grandpas while their mother is missing (which i am sure they probably don't understand what is happening anyway).

someone needs to drag dad's butt back to ut a.s.a.p. Imo, it seems like he has all the answers.

prayers for susan, her family and her boys. It would be a change of pace to see that her husband wasn't involved as we have all seen how some of these cases unfortunately end, but i'm not holding my breath.

Glad to see everyone on here, in susan's community and hopefully on the national level are paying attention and helping out.

absolutely!!!!

Thank you for replying.

When I just Googled 'LOGGING UTAH' I got the following website that says there are 34 logging companies in UTAH. Could someone, who knows the state better, please take a look at where these are located and see if any are close to Susan's home? I would appreciate it very much. http://www.manta.com/mb_44_E019B_45/logging/utah

These sites are all over the state pretty much from north south east west.
the Ogden, Heber, & Orem sites are within 45min of downtown SLC

Tricia,

It looks like you beat me to it in doing the avatar change. I already changed my Facebook pic to that same ribbon and was just about to do it here. :)
By the way, do you have texting on your phone?

I sure do. I love texting.:)

My question is, if Josh did it, who may have helped him and how?

Was he on a time line to meet up with someone, and that's why he had to leave the fans going?

Who would want to help Josh and get rid of Susan. Who would? Or maybe Josh was on his own?

Oh, Oh, I know, pick me, pick me (Hands in the air).

JOSH'S DADDY!

This whole thing is just perplexing.

I don't want to judge Kiirsi's approach to all of this, because my heart tells me she has nothing but honorable intentions. But I don't understand the logic behind alluding to things that could add insight to Josh's position, then saying she's "not going to be the one to ever say anything about them." Why say anything at all, then?

And what could she possibly be talking about? What information could she possibly have that would lead her to believe Susan was taken out of state, against her will? Did Susan have an Internet friend that she decided to meet? That seems unlikely, knowing a little about her background. Did she have some unreported interaction with someone through work? That might make a little more sense. She has to be on the phone all the time, I would think - and dealing with people's money, in this market, might lead to problems. I just don't get it.

Josh is either guilty as sin (my vote), or dumber than rocks (probably mostly right, too). If there is any information that could exonerate him, he should leak it. Because as it stands, if you were to take a poll of those who have followed this, 100% would say they think he's guilty.

I don't know what she's talking about, either...but...I wonder the exact same thing as you, WHY are things being mentioned via hints?

I would feel so much better if the position was just "we're leaving it in the hands of LE", and no comments.

And maybe it's a lack of experience with the media. But here's the other thing. Aren't most of us close friends with one or a few people? Don't we know (through close friendship) things about our friend or friends that we've learned over the years that are personal? As a friend, would we publicly allude to these personal things, or do we honor the friendship and keep private things just between friends?

JMO, I certainly think it's fine for true friends to be open with LE (most especially in a case like this)...but beyond that I don't know..hinting, alluding to print and TV...just doesn't feel right to me. On the other hand, I could be totally wrong in how I see this. :confused:

I'll make this a sticky too but please look at my signature. These are the links provided by those organizing the media blitz.

If you have any questions please use the email provided below.

Testing Avatar... Great idea Tricia

My Two Cents here.

It is hard for anyone to be put in the spotlight but imagine one day all is normal and then the next day you are thrust in front of the cameras to talk about your missing friend in front of millions of people.

I am guessing EVERYONE is telling her what to say and what not to say. Susan's Family, the Police, her friends, her family. This is all added to the stress of being in front of millions of people for the first time in your life.

The reason I feel this way is I know how she feels. I have never had a missing person I had to talk about but I have faced the media in other situations and it is TOUGH.

IMO there is no way she has any other motive than to help find her friend the best she can and to work with what she has

I think he had issues all along also...but like you said, they became more apparent once they moved to Utah.

I always thought he was a little strange but he was decent enough to be around a few years ago. Just in the last couple years though it got to the point where not many people liked being around him. We just kind of put up with him so that Susan could be there, if that makes sense. I know I loved being around here, but not so much Josh.

I remember one time in particular I saw him at a local event and we were just walking out and I saw Josh and his two boys walking in, and I was uncomfortable and didn't really want to have to talk to him so I kind of hid my head and quickly moved my kids off to the parking lot. That is how strange he made me and others feel just in the last year or two. Just an example.

Can you put your finger on what you feel about him? Gut feeling? menacing? dishonest?
Many of my girl friends found my ex menacing before I did

Well, does anyone think that, now that the holidays are over, Utah LE will ask him to return to Utah for more questioning?

And, what if he refuses? They must have lab tests back on the spot on the rug --

I'm really new to sleuthing, so trying to learn to think like you all --

I would change my avatar but I don't even know how to put one on; hence, no avatar (I even thought it was called a "moniker"!)

O/T - sad to think that was my 300th post, and all I have contributed so far is 'what about this?'!! Thanks for putting up with me!

It makes me feel sick, but I can just imagine the "programming" being done to those 2 little ones -- JMO

O/T - sad to think that was my 300th post, and all I have contributed so far is 'what about this?'!! Thanks for putting up with me!

It makes me feel sick, but I can just imagine the "programming" being done to those 2 little ones -- JMO

You are a great poster!!! Just by posting and posing questions and such y ou are helping keep the case alive.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You are posting just fine:)

Back to Susan.

Well, does anyone think that, now that the holidays are over, Utah LE will ask him to return to Utah for more questioning?

And, what if he refuses? They must have lab tests back on the spot on the rug --

I'm really new to sleuthing, so trying to learn to think like you all --

I would change my avatar but I don't even know how to put one on; hence, no avatar (I even thought it was called a "moniker"!)

But police say that Powell, who has moved in with his father in Washington state and plans to move his sons there permanently, has hired a prominent defense attorney and has declined to submit to questioning.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34686705/ns/today-today_people/

I read in another article, I will look for it...that the lawyer isn't even returning police's call.

They can't make him talk. He does that right to remain silent. Even if we would love to kick him to make him talk.

West Valley City police have received several calls about the Susan Powell case, thanks to an online blitz that kicked off Monday morning.

Investigators say they've received e-mail from as far away as Bavaria. Some of the leads apparently are not credible, but some may be. Police say none of the tips Monday involves a sighting of the missing woman.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9225441

That is very telling to me right there. No Susan sightings even by the nutters.

(additional snip)
West Valley City police say they have had no further conversation with Susan's husband, Josh Powell, over the holidays.

Just got back from passing out some flyers of Susan around Salt Lake City. It's freezing cold here, but it was worth it to get the word out. I hope and pray someone comes forward.

Come home soon Susan. :rose:

I apologize if these questions have already been answered...

but in reference to the comments that Susan desired that Josh become more active in the church...

Was Josh raised LDS? Is his family LDS? Were they married in the temple?

But police say that Powell, who has moved in with his father in Washington state and plans to move his sons there permanently, has hired a prominent defense attorney and has declined to submit to questioning.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34686705/ns/today-today_people/

I read in another article, I will look for it...that the lawyer isn't even returning police's call.

They can't make him talk. He does that right to remain silent. Even if we would love to kick him to make him talk.

Please tell me this prominent defense attorney isn't Mark Gerigos -- has he been identified?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee